Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't see her being pushed in NXT at least, unless she's really good in the ring. They value workrate more than nepotism there it seems.

Nia Jax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Nia Jax never won a title in NXT either, and was quickly shipped off to RAW and Smackdown because of her relation to The Rock apparently. I don't see anything different happening here.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

She's not 21; she's not going touring with the main roster.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:agreed:

I'm glad Becky started when she did. As tough a time as she's had rising above bad booking and random celebs and nepotism to get to the top of the division, it'd have been impossible even 2 years from now. It's a trend that's only going to be doubled down on

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eh. The limit of her push was getting her head kicked off by Asuka on the only Takeover that couldn't make it out of Full Sail in the last few years.

In fact wasn't that Takeover on a Wednesday?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Posted it in the NXT thread, but I'll post it here as well. Kairi Sane has a new shirt on the WWE Shop. It's so close to being an actual acceptable shirt. But the neon pink/violet text ruins it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The kearning on those letters is something to behold

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It's not the worst shirt wwe has ever done but it really looks like they just slapped some clip art on it and used some pre made font and called it a day.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can tell when they really don't give a poo poo.

https://twitter.com/WWENeville/status/913566587625639936

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lol that was the last tweet Neville made.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

How did you and your family deal with more or less 624 reruns of the same episode and not lose your minds

DVR and alcohol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4NFIBaHnl4

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

:laffo: at KO squashing people, that's WWE booking as gently caress.

Roman is at the top.
Braun is at the level below that.
KO gets squashed by Braun in a minute.
Breeze gets squashed by KO in a minute.

How do these people even belong in the same division?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm making the smackdown thread tonight

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Chris James 2 posted:

Satin says Simone Johnson, Dwayne's daughter, has been training at the Performance Center recently

Enjoy your increasingly-temporary Asuka/Kairi/Io runs while you can, the vision of the division's long-term future is becoming clearer

That would make her the first 4th generation superstar in WWE history right?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i watched all of raw but today at work when someone asked me what happened, I could barely remember anything

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Blasmeister posted:

The division's future has always been Aurora Rose

Exactly why they've been setting up the Women's Division to be a big deal. As a father of daughters, HHH realized he needed to refocus the women's division so his children could be set up as draws.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

GrimGypsy posted:

i watched all of raw but today at work when someone asked me what happened, I could barely remember anything

because nothing happened

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://vimeo.com/287320424

Botchamania 373 is finally out. :stare: Holy gently caress I didn't know Triplemania was THAT terrible. Goddamn SummerSlam was bad.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

DarkstarIV posted:

Posted it in the NXT thread, but I'll post it here as well. Kairi Sane has a new shirt on the WWE Shop. It's so close to being an actual acceptable shirt. But the neon pink/violet text ruins it.

no it doesnt that shirt loving owns

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Your Parents posted:

no it doesnt that shirt loving owns

Just like my actual parents you're a loving liar.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jiro posted:

https://vimeo.com/287320424

Botchamania 373 is finally out. :stare: Holy gently caress I didn't know Triplemania was THAT terrible. Goddamn SummerSlam was bad.

Triplemania had some good matches, some spectacle matches and some bad stuff but it was a fun watch even if the show might not have been good. It sure as heck did not drag anywhere near as bad as Summerslam though

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The fart so loud it got picked up by the mic is the hardest I've laughed at anything in years.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Vampiro freaking out about music was great

Then it's back in black to boot lol

Triplemania looks like a shitshow

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Triplemania was good as a spectacle and had some really good lucha matches that meant nothing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's telling that Triplemania could be as botch-ridden as it was and still unquestionably be better than the best (main roster, because no doubt someone would otherwise quote and swear a Takeover was better like that's in any way what this is being compared to) WWE PPV of the year

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Was the mumps PPV this year?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP. TL;DR - Becky owns, Samoa Joe owns.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Triplemania looks like a shitshow

It was, but it was also fun (and free).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

is pepsi ok posted:

lol that was the last tweet Neville made.

His last few weeks of twitter game are extremely strong, including a meltdown about him losing his title and him making GBS threads on Australia and New Zealand.

Aphrodite posted:

Was the mumps PPV this year?

No, TLC last year.

But the Rumble was this year and good, I guess.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

It's telling that Triplemania could be as botch-ridden as it was and still unquestionably be better than the best (main roster, because no doubt someone would otherwise quote and swear a Takeover was better like that's in any way what this is being compared to) WWE PPV of the year
Royal Rumble was great this year

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean I don't know how much credit I'm willing to give the Rumble anymore given that a big part of how fun it was was the result of the two Rumbles and we know where that went.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah after this year's Rumble, no one should assume that the winners are going to do anything of note or go on to find success. At least I can take solace in the fact that people are absolutely ripping WWE to pieces over that Asuka promo being filled with racial stereotypes/borderline offensive.

The sooner Vince leaves this goddamn company the better. He and Dunn are likely the only people who found that promo hilarious.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
oh word they did a "Japanese person don't know English good" bit with asuka this week? drat I picked a good week to stop paying wwe every month I guess

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

shiksa posted:

oh word they did a "Japanese person don't know English good" bit with asuka this week? drat I picked a good week to stop paying wwe every month I guess

Even worse, they also did the OH SHE LIKES TERIYAKI HA HA HA stuff as well. So not only that, but they decided to do the racial sterotyping bit as well. And WWE is rightfully getting poo poo on for it.

Like if Triple H has any sort of common sense, he will fight tooth and nail to keep Kairi and Io down in NXT for as long as humanely possible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Excuse me it was Naomi who likes teriyaki.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Maryse/Brie was good for what it was.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
What's wrong with teriyaki WWE? Teriyaki is great.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

BrigadierSensible posted:

The HHH v Undertaker thing is not a feud though, it is a "special attraction" match between two old has beens whose best is at least 5-10 years ago.

It exists on the SuperDuper "hey look we have the MCG" Showdown to make it seem big time, because WWE can't make new stars, so the biggest ones, (at least in terms of mainstream name recognition) they have are old and irrelevant 40+ year olds. Talk to a non wrestling fan and they will know who The Undertaker is, but not Roman Reigns. Talk to non wrestling/non sport media and they wouldn't give a gently caress about Roman, (to use their current top name), but would be happy to talk about Undertaker vs HHH.

HHH plugging it on TV is to try and get ticket sales up for sure, (the MCG is loving huge and they will need every bum on seat they can get), but mostly for him to wank on about how "Yeah the Undertaker was a big star, but he was mainly a big star because he wrestled ME! Remember ME, I am HHH and I am the coolest and toughest and bestest ever!" on his father in law's TV show.

If they wanted to fill the MCG they shouldn't have set such insane prices. Family fun at WWE is way less tempting at $200/head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tokamak posted:

It was, but it was also fun (and free).

I figured it was PPV so it being free does make a difference

But that's still so many fuckups in one show lol

• Locked thread