Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

IUG posted:

Someone upthread posted about how it’ll replace your music with the clean, live, or radio edit versions of a song unknowingly. or they lose rights and pull it unless you have your copy of the track to upload. or I can pay the ten dollars a month for the larger hard drive for the 3 years I have the phone.

also my wife doesn’t like my garbage music

I've had Spotify for 4 years and never had these issues. there's only 3 albums I want that they don't have: lemonade, a gigi album that's only on vinyl or band camp, and a really old nightwish album. it's insanely easy to just keep local copies of those on my phone and get everything else from Spotify.

but please, keep torturing yourself with your bespoke magic setup that you're totally happy with but still feel compelled to complain about on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I didn’t know that iTunes was “bespoke”, lol

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

weird looks like you missed the android thread

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

match is $25 a year. just do that and stop creating problems for yourself

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I tried it but it never seemed to update or sync. I would add a new album but it didn't show up elsewhere. I don't know what magic you need to do to get it to update, but it didn't even after waiting overnight, so I got a refund.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I would love it if it did, because then I could listen at work from the iMac rather than my phone, but :shrug:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

will oldham isn’t available on any streaming service that I know of, and itunes match wont work on his stuff

so I buy apple music and ship a bunch of his mp3s around every time I get a new computer. works for me

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ive had match with a ton of rare, non-itunes tracks (even some unreleased poo poo no one has from some artists) since it launched on probably ten devices or so and never had an issue

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Apple Music FTW, super simple and you can add pretty much any album to your collection.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

need more engineers and designers 😠

hackernews is that way ->

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

apple music itself is p. dece

itunes is traash

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

apple music itself is p. dece

itunes is traash

mlyp

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
lookin forward to the marketing event tomorrow, after this hallowed 9/11 anniversary

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

jit bull transpile posted:

I've had Spotify for 4 years and never had these issues. there's only 3 albums I want that they don't have: lemonade, a gigi album that's only on vinyl or band camp, and a really old nightwish album. it's insanely easy to just keep local copies of those on my phone and get everything else from Spotify.

but please, keep torturing yourself with your bespoke magic setup that you're totally happy with but still feel compelled to complain about on the internet.

century child was really good

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Beamed posted:

century child was really good

yas. band was never the same after they kicked tarja out imo

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

jit bull transpile posted:

yas. band was never the same after they kicked tarja out imo

tarja's solo album had a couple good ones but it was really the end of an era, between that and Blind Guardian's albums all missing, Spotify's lacking some of my oldschool faves. :smith:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Triglav posted:

lookin forward to the marketing event tomorrow, after this hallowed 9/11 anniversary

another notch has hit the second iphone

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Apple fucks up, leaks their phones right on their own website.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/12/apple-website-leak-iphone-xs-iphone-xr/

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

IUG posted:

Apple fucks up, leaks their phones right on their own website.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/12/apple-website-leak-iphone-xs-iphone-xr/

yeah, but this poo poo was known for weeks even ahead of today. so at this point why bother?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

the death of google music is gonna gently caress me if that happens.

their radio algorithms are the best and stray from surface level hits and bands

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

iphone x11SmaxC (productRED) w/ Beats by Dre (TM)

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

[apple 5 years ago] man the ipad naming is totally hosed and confusing. lets just call each new one the "ipad" and drop all the extraneous bullshit
[apple now] mOrE lEtTeRs

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
for workgroups

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
e: wrong thread

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the new iPhone

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
im glad that it looks like they'll go with colors for the Xr. make the bondi blue phone, timb

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Management posted:

the new iPhone

Fuuuuuuck

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
wait there's an xr model too

this is madness

tim what the gently caress are you doing

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

graph posted:

this is madness

it's the devil inside the devil inside

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
wait that's the iphone inxs model nm

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

graph posted:

this is madness

there’s an iPhone r-type for real phoning and s-type for street phoning while looking badass. there’s also the GT for grand phoning and LE luxury edition.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

this is madness

they called the cheap iphone the iphone c because they didnt think anyone was smart enough to realize what the c was for. So now they have the xr instead of the xc.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

there’s an iPhone r-type for real phoning and s-type for street phoning while looking badass. there’s also the GT for grand phoning and LE luxury edition.

dont forget the iphone s-type MAXX

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vKYVJAXDho

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
(with beats by dre™)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol at babies melting down at three whole phones, exactly the same number as last year, they just have dumber names

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

qirex posted:

lol at babies melting down at three whole phones, exactly the same number as last year, they just have dumber names

can't wait for my new dumb (name) phone

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

The Management posted:

there’s also going to be the long wheelbase option but that’s only going to be sold in China

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I wonder if tim will go back to the steve practice of taking down the whole website for the 9 hours before a keynote

probably not since they can sell 100,000 old model phones during that time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

graph posted:

this is madness

its the notched poors phone, like the 5c and se were the tall poors phones