Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

kazzy is going to gently caress up the fang in a straight 1v1 mark my words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Lots of good friendships between fighters in this chapter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
someone post the current bracket so we can all predict what changes will happen

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

edit: for some reason it defaulted to the smallest possible resolution

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 11, 2018

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Glad to see that Agito is getting in on the between-fights friendship now that he's been properly introduced. Can't wait for his new pals to introduce him to the world of tokusatsu :allears:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He seems happy he finally beat someone who didn't quite fighting as a result

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The Fang not knowing pop culture is the classic trope of moe through helplessness.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

He seems happy he finally beat someone who didn't quite fighting as a result

Wakatsuki also stuck around and he apparently suffered a much more severe injury as a result of his match with Agito.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That bodyguard wants to fight him again too.

Here's hoping reseeding lets Gaolong and Saw Paing get their fight.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Brought To You By posted:

edit: for some reason it defaulted to the smallest possible resolution

here ya go

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

thanks flaps

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, Agito's clearly gonna murder Jun.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

you can click it to expand. sorry thought that was obvy

fake edit: hmm something is odd on my end only the last timg does that, mb

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 11, 2018

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

you can click it to expand. sorry thought that was obvy

fake edit: hmm something is odd on my end only the last timg does that, mb

I believe it is because both of us are using the image directly from the wiki. Even when I used the url for the original image it changes to the thumbnail sized one.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It is a proxy war between businesses.

e: how is kaneda walking

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

That bodyguard wants to fight him again too.

Here's hoping reseeding lets Gaolong and Saw Paing get their fight.

Agreed but I don't think gaolong would change who he represents and obvious agito won't

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Well, Agito's clearly gonna murder Jun.

Isn't Agito fighting Gaolang this round?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Honestly, I don't think there'll be much in the way of fighter swapping. Maybe swapping out Bando, because he's going to die, but otherwise you're probably better off sticking with your proven winner than grabbing a loser, and you'd need to offer serious bribes to snag an upgrade.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Honestly, I don't think there'll be much in the way of fighter swapping. Maybe swapping out Bando, because he's going to die, but otherwise you're probably better off sticking with your proven winner than grabbing a loser, and you'd need to offer serious bribes to snag an upgrade.

he's not going to die. he's going to win the tournament

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
bandou will always be killing yakuza in my heart. don't ask why there are yakuza in there.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Stairmaster posted:

It is a proxy war between businesses.

e: how is kaneda walking

There is this doctor guy at the competition, I heard he's really good if you can ignore him being batfuck crazy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Okubos lookin like a mummy tho and the strength disparity wasn't as massive there

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

hatsumi is like the flakiest fucker ever so obviously hes gonna swap out and then they will hire akuma (i forgot his name but hes obviously akuma, the guy that owned rihito) and he will win the tournament and reveal himself to be ohma's dad

edit:
wait this means rihito is back

he's BACK

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 12, 2018

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Does this mean you can poach a fighter, offer them $$$ and pull them out of the match, forcing the other company to either rely on a lovely fighter or forfeit? The rule is for Matsuda more than anyone else, he has some super strong "Fangs" and if Agito takes too much damage he can always sub a new Fang in.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

wait holy poo poo this means that the guy who's basically taskmaster/copycat guy can theoretically hop in at any time and just because a massive fuckin problem assuming he keeps tracing people

that's the actual guy who's the most dangerous over time so there's no way they don't bring back that dude

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suspicious Lump posted:

Does this mean you can poach a fighter, offer them $$$ and pull them out of the match, forcing the other company to either rely on a lovely fighter or forfeit? The rule is for Matsuda more than anyone else, he has some super strong "Fangs" and if Agito takes too much damage he can always sub a new Fang in.

You can even poach a fighter that's stronger than your original fighter and (a) force the other company to use a worse fighter or forfeit and (b) get a stronger fighter for yourself for the remaining rounds.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
My take on which fighters could possibly switch CEOs in the next round, based on observed personality traits and known personal allegiances (or lack thereof) to their current CEOs:

Imai Cosmo (Grappler Boy) – Close buddy with his CEO, as shown in his backstory chapter. Not gonna flip.

Akoya Seishu (Vigilante Cop) – Lovers with his CEO (albeit an abusive relationship). Not gonna flip.

Kure Raian (Psycho Killer) – A mercenary working for pay, no personal allegiance to his CEO, personally nutso, AND his clan is spying on the shadow boss of his employer. Highest chance of flipping.

Tokita Ohma (Sidekick of the Protagonist) – There’s no way that anyone could even contemplate leaving the employment of Kazzy the Charismatic Legend.

Wakatsuki Takeshi (Concrete Puncher) - Close buddy with his CEO, as shown in his backstory chapter. Not gonna flip.

Julius Reinhold (Big German Dude) – Narratively the trump card of the Toyo CEO. Not gonna flip.

Muteba Gizenga (African Daredevil) - A mercenary working for pay and no personal allegiance to his CEO. Medium chance of flipping.

Sekibayashi Jun (HELL’S ANGEL) – Not in a million years is Good Boy Sekibayashi gonna flip.

Yoroizuka Saw Paing (Most Hot-Blooded Man in the World) – Too pure-hearted and HOT-BLOODED to ever flip.

Mikazuchi Rei (Lightning Boy) – Completely lovestruck with his CEO. Not gonna flip.

Kuroki Gensai (RIP Rihito) – The fighter whose background is most shrouded in mystery, and we’ve never seen him and his CEO together onscreen or seen them share any bonding moments. Medium chance of flipping.

Kiryu Setsuna (Giant Boner for Ohma) – Only cares about fighting / loving Ohma. Would flip if it brings him to the other side of the bracket earlier and lets him fight / gently caress Ohma faster.

Hatsumi Sen (Womaniser) – ALREADY THINKING ABOUT FLIPPING IN THIS VERY CHAPTER. High chance of flipping.

Bando Yohei (Mr Wriggles) – Waiting to die.

Gaolang Wongsawat (Boxer Man) – No personal allegiance to his CEO, and only loyal to King Rama. Could flip if someone cuts a deal with Rama and Rama orders Gaolang to flip.

Kanoh Agito (THE FANG OF METSUDO) – Too pure and simple-minded (due to complete focus and obsession on fighting) to think about flipping. Not gonna flip.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

hatsume is gonna flip and then flake and throw a match and rejoin nogi

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hanafusa is going to lose his way to the final but kill everyone on his way so keeps getting hired again

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I feel almost spoiled now that we're getting pretty much daily chapters now.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/447221/1
Everyone getting to live it up for a day.

JosephWongKS posted:

Kuroki Gensai (RIP Rihito) – The fighter whose background is most shrouded in mystery, and we’ve never seen him and his CEO together onscreen or seen them share any bonding moments.
He was seen talking with his CEO over drinks during the Setsuna/Wolf Fang Fist match.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
If Hatsumi Sen fucks off somewhere and Nogi forcibly retakes Ohma back, his next three fights could be

Round 2- mystery fighter to replace Bando
Quarterfinal- Kanoh Agito
Semifinal- possibly Setsuna
Final- Julius or Wakatsuki

Kazzy would obviously pick up ADAM DUDLEY, AMERICAN EXTRORDINAIRE to replace the stolen Ohma

There is definitely going to be swapping though, if not this round than next. They’ve said before that endurance through the tournament is important and even the Fang could take enough damage to be beatable. This rule sorta puts a reset button on that if you have talented people in the wings.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

500 elite bodyguards couldn't track those two down

they don't call him Kazzy the Bloodhound for nothing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

can fighters back out once they're in? seems like they can only be poached in which case does Sen really want to move except to join his ex who probably won't want to abandon Setsuna. he also gets to fight Agito basically in perfect condition too

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Add "Kazzy the Fish" and "Kazzy the Fisher" to the official nickname masterlist

edit: and "Kazzy the Skin Diver". is there anything this magnificient man cannot do

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 12, 2018

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So what you guys are saying is that Jerry Tyson still has a chance to win this?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Christmas posted:

So what you guys are saying is that Jerry Tyson still has a chance to win this?

What we're saying is that Adam Dudley is definitely going to win this.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No way Gizenga is flipping. While he may be a mercenary, I doubt shark-tooth lady is going to let herself be undercut, and those two fit too well together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

JosephWongKS posted:

What we're saying is that Adam Dudley is definitely going to win this.

Has Adam Dudley even once called in to check on his poor momma? She must be worried sick :colbert: