Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
'OK, easy job: Create a fake religion with a false God so we can whip the people into a controllable frenzy and attack our enemies'
'lol'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Yeah, there has been a bit of mission creep on this one.....

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Awesome. So we figured out how to create a deity. We really, really went full overachiever on this one. Welp. The client did ask for a religion. :v:

Grey Hunter posted:

Now we must deal with the ban on Asherans in the city.
Do we
A - Fight them
B - Call for aid from the nobility
C - Send in the Mantas on an assassination mission
D - Form our own trade guild.

C. Take out those who most fervently support/participate in oppressing Asherans. The Hurnists publicly threatened violence IIRC, and there was that attack on our priests. Hit back in turn, but don't escalate yet.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

E (meanwhile, in the library). Start researching how to convert souls into raw mana to fuel spells beyond what the mana well is capable of.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Blasphemaster posted:

Awesome. So we figured out how to create a deity. We really, really went full overachiever on this one. Welp. The client did ask for a religion. :v:

C. Take out those who most fervently support/participate in oppressing Asherans. The Hurnists publicly threatened violence IIRC, and there was that attack on our priests. Hit back in turn, but don't escalate yet.

This seems like the way to do it

They'll probably counter attack. We get a bunch of souls, do some reincarnation to cement the new religious tenets, and then escalate if we need.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

E (meanwhile, in the library). Start researching how to convert souls into raw mana to fuel spells beyond what the mana well is capable of.

We should do this for the assholes/troublemakers. If Asherah is cool with it of course. poo poo. Should we convert and maybe become the Lucifer to his Yaweh (before their falling out) or however the gently caress that works?

*magical teleconference with client*

:cthulhu: So I think we're on track to achieve what you contracted. We'll likely need a few more months for Asherism to spread, but we'll get there. Also I'm teleporting one of these seashells over to you, be sure to keep it on hand and start wearing it under your kingly garb or whatever before the war starts.

:hist101: Fancy. What's with the shell, and why are you wearing one too?

:cthulhu: Oh, yeah so Asherah is a real God now. The seashell is his symbol, wearing one when you die lets you through to his afterlife, lets you reincarnate if you want. Funny story, I'm kind of his fixer now.

:hist101: :eyepop: Have a bonus. :homebrew:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BD

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Ahahaha, of course we made a real god.

Our Manta's haven't gotten a chance to play recently, let's Get our Assassinations on.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Really looking forward to the "So which one of us is in charge?" moment.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Let's build a shrine to our god in the base

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

RickVoid posted:

Ahahaha, of course we made a real god.

Our Manta's haven't gotten a chance to play recently, let's Get our Assassinations on.

This, sweet gently caress Irwin alone will be loving lethal with the blessings we've bestowed upon him and the new lease on life he's been given. A rogue with a lifetime of experience stuffed in a powerful body with natural toxin production... Just drat. He hasn't been given a chance to truly shine yet, this could be it.

Blasphemaster posted:

Really looking forward to the "So which one of us is in charge?" moment.

Same. That's going to be an interesting conversation.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Hexenritter posted:

This, sweet gently caress Irwin alone will be loving lethal with the blessings we've bestowed upon him and the new lease on life he's been given. A rogue with a lifetime of experience stuffed in a powerful body with natural toxin production... Just drat. He hasn't been given a chance to truly shine yet, this could be it.

Give him a shell just in case.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Definitely.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why don't we worship Asherah and see what buffs we get as a result?

And then since Asherah is our creation and draws power from us, maybe he'll get buffer too.

And then his increased buffness leads to bigger buffs for his worshippers, including ourself...

A wondrous perpetual motion buff machine!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
B

Let's just keep on converting. We get paid for exactly one holy war, no freebies!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I'm ok for plan assassination We shouldn't forget our other creations with our newly created divinity.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I really appreciate how legit this religion is. Sarga could have just pushed out some half-assed cult thing that doesn't work, but here we are with a physical demigod, reincarnation, self-sustaining doctrine, and barely any wanton slaughter or destruction.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah it's pretty awesome.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Outrail posted:

'OK, easy job: Create a fake religion with a false God so we can whip the people into a controllable frenzy and attack our enemies'
'lol'

Craftsmanship and professionalism sometimes mean taking the hard road. :)

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

The best part is that organized religions have historically with very, very few exceptions universally developed as tools for social control, and we're no different. We're just a lot more subtle about it. :v:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blasphemaster posted:

The best part is that organized religions have historically with very, very few exceptions universally developed as tools for social control, and we're no different. We're just a lot more subtle about it. :v:

Hah! This is great/terrible. We're great/terrible.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We're probably more than ready to let the Emperor take over. Our employers have a religion willing to support their war and a sort of pseudo-immortality through reincarnation as a sweet bonus.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
That's true.

Which is why we're keeping it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Volmarias posted:

That's true.

Which is why we're keeping it.

Not for free we're not!

Service contracts, my friend.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The younger generations are getting the short end on this one.

"When I was your age we respected our elders and weren't our elders' elders come back from the dead to continue telling us how much of a disappointment we are."

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

super sweet best pal posted:

We're probably more than ready to let the Emperor take over. Our employers have a religion willing to support their war and a sort of pseudo-immortality through reincarnation as a sweet bonus.
We are but is Asherash?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm sure Ash will be fine playing along until it's the Emperor's turn to go for a swim. Then bam, full on cannibal king!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

We said we'd make this a MAJOR religion. We've got a ways to go.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I think voting on if/when to hand over the reigns comes after you've secured your first city.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I hope we don't get in trouble with any gods over this.

Like Asherah for example, he seems like a hard rear end.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

The Lone Badger posted:

Not for free we're not!

Service contracts, my friend.

So we'll be paying ourselves from the treasury we just looted? Weird but I guess if you need the accounting to add up do it

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Volmarias posted:

So we'll be paying ourselves from the treasury we just looted? Weird but I guess if you need the accounting to add up do it

Well, we cant keep too many funds in the Isle, so we need a patsy.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Why don't we start investing in magical gear and such? Bad Tidings and the Manapool are great, but we could do with some more protective gear for ourself, maybe some equipment for our more capable minions? IIRC, the wealth limit is on liquid assets. Let's improve the manapool and hoard some +# Blanks of Blank or whatever, ostensibly on hand for emergency equipment for the rank and file.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Blasphemaster posted:

Why don't we start investing in magical gear and such? Bad Tidings and the Manapool are great, but we could do with some more protective gear for ourself, maybe some equipment for our more capable minions? IIRC, the wealth limit is on liquid assets. Let's improve the manapool and hoard some +# Blanks of Blank or whatever, ostensibly on hand for emergency equipment for the rank and file.

Speaking of, how is our Manapool after that little snafu creating a god? I'm assuming it's drained, but is it still, ya know, in one piece?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Nope. It shattered!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Right then. Repair the Manapool.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

AJ_Impy posted:

Right then. Repair the Manapool.

...did we get the extended Manapool insurance plan?

I mean, the thing is practically brand new.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The warranty probably doesn't cover "Acts of God(making)".

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

If repairing it is feasible we should definitely do so, but I'm thinking we may have borked it big time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The pay on this job is the same as the amount of cash we're legally allowed to have, so let's just buy a new well.