Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
1959.82 out of the door for a 512 with applecare and CA sales tax.

I can literally buy a retina macbook pro for less money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xabi posted:

Who the gently caress needs 512 gb anyway?

Kinda asking that. I have a 256 that’s barely half full and I have a lot of poo poo on my phone.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

TheWevel posted:

i'd like to do 72 month financing on an XS max 512gb please

If 84 month financing can work for brodozers and dealership-modded lifted rear end chudtrucks it’ll work for a phone.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Looke posted:

that was pretty shite

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
Wtf was with the opening video that made a big deal about AirPods but then they never did anything about AirPods during the talk

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Xabi posted:

Guys like me who take an absolute fuckton of photos and videos on their phones.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Xabi posted:

I have months of music and even I only just went over 128 myself. 512 on a phone is nuts.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

fourwood posted:

Wtf was with the opening video that made a big deal about AirPods but then they never did anything about AirPods during the talk

You can't improve on mediocrity.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Electric Bugaloo posted:

If 84 month financing can work for brodozers and dealership-modded lifted rear end chudtrucks it’ll work for a phone.

96 month truck loans 4 lyfe

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Yeah didn’t they mention a while back using Hey Siri for your airpods?

Anyway coming from a 7, and not wanting to blow a solid grand, that XR is looking mighty fine. I need to see how this haptic touch stuff they mentioned does as a 3D Touch replacement though.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Xabi posted:

My ASMR videos can go on for a long time, at 1080p it adds up

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 12, 2018

nerox
May 20, 2001
$1249 phone adding $52 to my Verizon bill every month ($20 net over my pixel's special promotion I snagged 2 years ago)
Apple watch for $550 and adding $10/mo for service.
Having my office pay for it all so I can write it off: Priceless.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

ManSedan posted:

Yeah didn’t they mention a while back using Hey Siri for your airpods?
Yeah I though she even did that in the video :iiam:

gregday
May 23, 2003

:rip: Classic Buckles

Only Modern Buckle, Leather Loop, or Hermès now if you want leather. Glad I got a Spring Yellow Band a few weeks ago while I still could.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Guys like me who take an absolute fuckton of photos and videos on their phones.

Delete the poo poo ones.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So when do pre-order go up for the phone and watch?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Xabi posted:

I got a 256GB 7+ and ended up not using most of it. I got that model to fill it up with music, but then shortly after I got it I started using Spotify, so I didn't need to fill up my storage with music anymore. And I've been on the 50GB iCloud plan for probably a couple years now, so all my photos are covered by that. Basically with everything in the cloud, I no longer needed to have much local storage on my phone.

My X that I have now has 128GB and I think I'm using like <20GB of that lmao

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

So the xr is the only phone that doesn’t have a buy unlocked feature. Looking at prices it’s also cheaper to get a 128 gig of that $800 than it is to get an iPhone 8+ 128 unlocked 😂

gregday
May 23, 2003

So all stainless steel S4 models include cellular?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Rirse posted:

This friday

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rirse posted:

3AM EST Friday

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

EL BROMANCE posted:

You can't improve on mediocrity.

But AirPods are great?

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/Apple__Alex/status/1039950947336814592

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

:rip:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Getting a 64GB Max. I sprung for the 256 last time and never once used it. Cloud life forever.

I do respect that there are a small number of people for whom 512GB is, for whatever reason, something that makes sense. Like, maybe you take tons of videos and you want to have every video you ever took on your phone 100% of the time, I guess.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Taima posted:

Getting a 64GB Max. I sprung for the 256 last time and never once used it. Cloud life forever.

I do respect that there are a small number of people for whom 512GB is, for whatever reason, something that makes sense. Like, maybe you take tons of videos and you want to have every video you ever took on your phone 100% of the time, I guess.

I've had a X 256GB since release date and looking at usage I've only use 35GB of space. So, I should probably save a bit and just go with the 64GB one this time around, Cloud life!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Lol, way to go Tim.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

:thunk:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Story time: Apple attempted to devise their own wireless standard to ensure they didn't use the same hardware as qi. They attempted this and interviewed a expert in the field for a position for that project. That man that asked "Why not just use the standard? It's already mature" during the interview process.

That man did not get hired. Apple wouldn't introduce wireless support for 2 more years.

I expected that they were attempting to make the pad "for apple devices only" and failed.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have a 64GB phone that is regularly pushing 64GB. But I am downloading movies and stuff to watch on my commute through VLC Player, and I'm positive that stuff is not optimized for the phone

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Fuckin dummies

gregday
May 23, 2003

incoherent posted:

Story time: Apple attempted to devise their own wireless standard to ensure they didn't use the same hardware as qi. They attempted this and interviewed a expert in the field for a position for that project. That man that asked "Why not just use the standard? It's already mature" during the interview process.

That man did not get hired. Apple wouldn't introduce wireless support for 2 more years.

I expected that they were attempting to make the pad "for apple devices only" and failed.

I doubt it. The bigger problem is making it work for multiple simultaneous devices.

First hands on S4 photos and that screen is nice.

https://twitter.com/panzer/status/1039963896679870464

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Gonna get that watch

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

What a huge wet fart, and I am typically a pretty unapologetic fanboy. Welp I guess I will go down to the apple store and buy whatever iPhone SE they have in stock to replace my busted one because no way in hell am I going back to the 6 form factor and :lol: at the cost of the "plebeian" XR. I don't need a phone that does everything my 5K iMac does you dummies!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so...what is different between the x and the xs between a boost in processor?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Somewhat Heroic posted:

What a huge wet fart, and I am typically a pretty unapologetic fanboy. Welp I guess I will go down to the apple store and buy whatever iPhone SE they have in stock to replace my busted one because no way in hell am I going back to the 6 form factor and :lol: at the cost of the "plebeian" XR. I don't need a phone that does everything my 5K iMac does you dummies!

Agreed. I'd rather get a new laptop than replace my 8.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

ManSedan posted:

Anyway coming from a 7, and not wanting to blow a solid grand, that XR is looking mighty fine.

A phone with a 720p screen looks “mighty fine” to someone owning a 7?

Jesus, dude. If you must upgrade in less than three years, go buy a used X since they have no MSRP guidance now that they’re discontinued and that might provide values.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

A phone with a 720p screen looks “mighty fine” to someone owning a 7?

Jesus, dude. If you must upgrade in less than three years, go buy a used X since they have no MSRP guidance now that they’re discontinued and that might provide values.

Look, a macrumors poster! The screen on the xR will in all likelihood be fine if not awesome, since most people don’t know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to screen quality, viewing distance and pixels online.

I’ll double check when reviews come out, but I’m considering the xr a big upgrade as a phone coming from a 6s +

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I will not settle for less than the highest quality pixels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I will not settle for less than the highest quality pixels

Cool, enjoy spending a laptop amount of money for one 😂😂😂