Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hello, and welcome to the fantasy hockey thread for the 2018-19 NHL season. If you edit your starting lineup for an entire season you too can be a Goon Champion.

Websites to Play On:
Yahoo! Sports: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
ESPN: http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/hockey
CBC: http://hockeypool.cbc.ca/cbc/hnicp12/notice
CBS: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyhockey

I think almost everyone uses Yahoo for their leagues.

You can also play daily fantasy leagues on the sites that have commercials all over TV (DraftKings, FanDuel, probably some other ones). We'll talk about a Goon money league again this year and probably not do it.

Goon Leagues
I only added the two leagues I am active in - please let me know if you want yours added to the OP.

Long Stick League: (9th Season) - Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (4)
Site: Yahoo!
Live draft on Oct 1 4:00PM PDT/7:00 EDT
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live
Reigning Champion: KaiserCortez
Teams: 20
Scoring: H2H
Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, W, W, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Hockiest Hockey League: (8th Season) Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (2)
Live draft on Oct 2 5:00PM PDT/8:00 EDT
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live (AUCTION/KEEPER LEAGUE)
Reigning Champion: T-Bone
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

LOLHL: (12th Season) - Commissioner (waxluthor) - Open Spots (3)
Live draft on Oct 1 1:30PM PDT/4:30 EDT
Invite: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/39376/invitation?key=03927e60dab49540&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=8a4526efba82184d
Draft Type: Live
Reigning Champion: T-Bone
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

Federal League
RIP DENIS LEMIEUX

Other Useful Sites To Look At
http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting-goalies
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nhl/hockey
http://bleacherreport.com/fantasy-hockey
http://www.dobberhockey.com/

I'm thinking about making a Denis Lemieux Memorial League this year with like a $20 buy-in or something lemme know if anyone wants to do that.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
whoops this should say 2018-2019 in the topic

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
also the fourpeat is on boys

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Four spots (at least) in the LSL to get us back to 20. 2 in the HHL (at least) to get us to 16.

I sent invites out for both leagues, so you have to accept if them if you want back in!

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 12, 2018

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I'll take a spot in all 3 open leagues. what do you need me to do T-Bone, pm you my email?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
In for a money league.

Also the athletic should be starting fantasy coverage soon.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Re-upped in HHL as Bone Thugs-n-Girardi, and LSL as Finding Kimmo.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Email me about the Hockiest Hockey League. gently caress it I'll do it.

EDIT: Hmm forgot I don't have PM's. How do you wanna do this?

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 12, 2018

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Re-upped LSL as Mr. Holland's Anus and I will actually make the draft this year instead of being a jerkass. Nights after 7 ET should be good if it's Friday-Monday

e: word 10/1 is good for me

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
10/1 LSL draft is not good for me, but if it's best for everyone else I will make due. I can do almost any weeknight (preferably 8pm so I can get the kids down); just not the 1st.

e: Back as Factory of Saadness for now

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Re-upped in LSL as How u Drouin?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Let's lose HHL again.

What were the keeper rules?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

Email me about the Hockiest Hockey League. gently caress it I'll do it.

EDIT: Hmm forgot I don't have PM's. How do you wanna do this?

what's your email

also you should join the LSL because it's at its insane best with 20 people

fancy stats posted:

Let's lose HHL again.

What were the keeper rules?

Last year's salary +20% for cost (your budget is $500) Up to 4 keepers

(players can be on a roster for up to 3 years)

Gobias Ind. posted:

10/1 LSL draft is not good for me, but if it's best for everyone else I will make due. I can do almost any weeknight (preferably 8pm so I can get the kids down); just not the 1st.

e: Back as Factory of Saadness for now

I can change poo poo fo sho

Aye Doc posted:

I'll take a spot in all 3 open leagues. what do you need me to do T-Bone, pm you my email?

yes please!

Jordan7hm posted:

In for a money league.

Also the athletic should be starting fantasy coverage soon.

You should run it imo didn't you run the last one that worked?

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 12, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Mr. Holland's Anus

lmao

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

what's your email

also you should join the LSL because it's at its insane best with 20 people

Last year's salary +20% for cost (your budget is $500) Up to 4 keepers

(players can be on a roster for up to 3 years)

I can change poo poo fo sho

yes please!

You should run it imo didn't you run the last one that worked?

A 20 team league seems too crazy for me though.

worldsbestbrent@gmail.com

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Re-upped in LSL as Streit Fighter 2 Turbo

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Can't find the costs from last year on the mobile app and I'm away from a computer for another week or so, but in HHL I'm (house or pasta) keeping: Pastrnak, Barzal, Schenn, Larkin

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

back in LSL as Svechni Outside

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
LSL is asking me to submit keepers which I'm not sure if it did last year but I'm just gonna assume not to bother with that

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

My only LSL request is not Sunday nights, and I can deal if that’s an issue

Also yeah LSL is not a keeper league gently caress that, the best part is the ridiculous draft

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
I'm in LSL again, probably just gonna be lazy and stick with Hot Dog Police because gently caress coming up with a new name. Weeknights are best, I could manage weekends if needed though my only 100% absolute no-go date is the 23rd of Sep.

If LOLHL is still a thing i'll probably do that one too.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
:siren:LOLHL is renewed for another season!:siren:

I invited everyone from last year except 4 who didn't make a single move all year. 4 spots open right now, if you'd like to join click the invite link. First come first serve.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

joined LOLHL as Aye's Amazing Team for now while i brew up a name

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
don't worry about the keeper thing in the LSL, ignore it.

I won't send HHL invites to new folks until I figure out which managers aren't coming back.

Plenty of spots in the LSL, so let me know if you want to join that.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

don't worry about the keeper thing in the LSL, ignore it.

I won't send HHL invites to new folks until I figure out which managers aren't coming back.

Plenty of spots in the LSL, so let me know if you want to join that.

Hmmm. I guess send me an LSL invite and I will take a look.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Hmmm. I guess send me an LSL invite and I will take a look.

sent

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Joined HHL. I'll come back to LSL too after a one year hiatus, I recently quit a game that took up a lot of my time so I need something else to geek out on.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
In HHL I picked up Matt Murray near the end of the season as a free agent. Is he eligible for keeping?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
If the season/post season was still in progress I think so yeah. Anyone who was on your final roster should be eligible as long as they comply with the other keeper rules.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I joined LSL! I have been playing ROTO fantasy baseball vociferously for years but have never done H2H and have not done hockey in a long time. But I will do my best! How many keepers?

Also, I have the best team name so far!

Also, curiously, in the league I commish for baseball, I don't think I set it to keeper league before I started - is there a way to make a keeper league anyway? That option doesn't seem to be there any longer

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
in for LSL. ill try to be active past november this year.

considering LOLHL if i can think of b+ puns involving miles wood

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

toe knee hand posted:

Joined HHL. I'll come back to LSL too after a one year hiatus, I recently quit a game that took up a lot of my time so I need something else to geek out on.

sent

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I usually avoid taking rookies, especially high profile ones, because people take them way too soon. But what is everyone's thoughts on Dahlin this year? I am finding it difficult to project for him. He's a better prospect than Doughty and Hedman, but they weren't superstars in their rookie year.

e: Just went to H-R and pulled all the rookie teen defensemen who have scored 30 or more points. The active ones include Johnson (33), Del Zotto (37), Ekblad (39), Fowler (40), Werenski (47), and Myers (48). All of these guys were 1st round picks, but none of them were as highly regarded as Dahlin. Basically, the odds are against Dahlin, but we also haven't seen a defensive prospect of his caliber in...I am not sure. A while.

Is there a bigger disappointment than Myers? Forgot his rookie season.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 15, 2018

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I would be very surprised if Dahlin didn't put up 45-55 pts. I could see him having a year similar to Ekblad's rookie season.

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001

I joined LSL! I have been playing ROTO fantasy baseball vociferously for years but have never done H2H and have not done hockey in a long time. But I will do my best! How many keepers?

LSL isn't a keeper league. Dunno why it asks about keepers every year but it always does for some reason.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
HHL and LSL both have hits/blocks so I don't value him too highly there but if you're in a normal G/A league he could be a solid pickup, the problem is that everyone knows him which probably drives up his draft spot.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
still some spots in the league bumpin

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I've got 6 spots in the LSL, and 2-4 spots in the HHL. Come at me friends.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I would be very surprised if Dahlin didn't put up 45-55 pts. I could see him having a year similar to Ekblad's rookie season.

I think so too, mainly based on the fact that Buffalo's defense is fuckin awful and so he's bound to get a lot of minutes in a lot of situations if he shows even the slightest ability to handle those minutes.

And based on the hype I'd be kinda disappointed in him if he didn't hit at least 40ish points. Olli fuckin' Maatta did 29 points in his rookie year so surely Dahlin should be expected to get at least around 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Less than 50 is a disappointment if Eichel plays all season.

Also, I’m going to do a money league this year. 20$ buy in, no lineup setting. Points only.

I was thinking about doing the same thing as the last time I ran a league here - a draft with one player / team for each of us. Do it over Discord. Probably take 3 hours is my guess.

Anyone interested? I’m thinking 10 would be the ideal number.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 19, 2018