Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
arakune and hakumen are rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

blazblue is rad

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

even though ragna and jin are just discount sol and ky I’ve grown to like them on account of blazblue is one of the only fighting games my friend will play

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blazblue has some weak rear end hit sounds, though. Sounds like popping bubble wrap.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

Blazblue has some weak rear end hit sounds, though. Sounds like popping bubble wrap.

every game's hit sounds should be like AC-era last hits of grand viper/tyrant rave, capable of blowing out speakers

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I thought I was a 2D only boy but one night I got drunk and bought tekken and now I have a new favorite game. Just keep playing stuff until you find something that clicks for you. And speaking of dbfz, I think it's a really limited game and I expected much better gameplay variety from ASW, but I guess they were going for the casual crowd. I think it's a pretty lovely unfun game overall despite how good it looks, I would recommend anything else, even SF5 over it.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

DBZF rules and is the one of the best fighting games available at the moment only really below UNIST, Tekken and Guilty, BB rules and is on par with Guilty Gear, SFV is mediocre but playable, Cross Tag is a loving mess but it's kinda fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RevolverDivider posted:

DBZF rules and is the one of the best fighting games available at the moment only really below UNIST, Tekken and Guilty, BB rules and is on par with Guilty Gear, SFV is mediocre but playable, Cross Tag is a loving mess but it's kinda fun.

You just said One of the best and then listed it last among basically every contemporary FG

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
dbfz needs an update but its a fine game.

play guilty gear or under night

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I like FighterZ and I'm going to play Cooler!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DBFZ wins because it has the best characters in any fighting game. Dragon Ball Trump Card etc

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Babe Magnet posted:

I like FighterZ and I'm going to play Cooler!!

I like how cooler looks cause he has huge buttons and huge buttons are fun :)

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

In Training posted:

You just said One of the best and then listed it last among basically every contemporary FG

It's significantly better then SFV, Marvel and any NRS game. UNIST is better but lol at buying UNIST unless you have locals. Guilty Gear and BB are better except they have a far larger barrier to entry and much smaller communities. This is less of a knock to DBZ and more of a commend to how strong Arcsys's lineup is at the moment.

Cooler's gonna be wonky due to the side switching but having a normal that eats beams owns and his dumb gorilla normals look sick, plus he has margaret's stomp from p4

RevolverDivider fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 12, 2018

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Cooler has a full screen low as a special move. Cooler's gonna be hella gimmicky in a fun way

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ROFL Octopus posted:

i liked codys neutral jump heavy punch in sfiv, any move that dunks the poo poo out of someone resonates with me deeply

Heck yes. Nj.fp, s.fp, c.mp xx fierce criminal upper was my favorite feel good combo of my ultra sf4 days.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

I've either never seen or blocked out the memory of beardless Aris until now and it's freaking me out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Since he's had his YouTube channel active for like a decade you can sort by Oldest and find cool videos of him wandering around Tokyo eating McDonald's and muttering to himself a la the in vogue YouTube aesthetic of 2007.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit; 2011 so I guess not that long ago.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

RevolverDivider posted:

It's significantly better then SFV, Marvel and any NRS game. UNIST is better but lol at buying UNIST unless you have locals.
I have been finding games consistently online without using discord for matches every day I play since PC release

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I don't really enjoy the slow pace of 3D games or the diminishing resources of team games so I have been feeling out of sorts with modern FGs this year, the day DBFZ dropped was the last time I really felt excited about a game. I miss playing Fightcade with people, I think that was when I was most happiest playing a FG. I've been thinking about playing UNIST but I've been apprehensive about sinking $40 into a game so few people will play.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

unist would have the biggest scene of everything if everyone who said they won't buy it because of how few people are playing it bought it

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

sharrrk posted:

unist would have the biggest scene of everything if everyone who said they won't buy it because of how few people are playing it bought it

I’m sorry

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
You don't need a ton of people playing a game to find matches.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

sharrrk posted:

This is the anime paradox, they're the best games no one plays.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Smash Ultimate will save fighting games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reiley posted:

I don't really enjoy the slow pace of 3D games or the diminishing resources of team games so I have been feeling out of sorts with modern FGs this year, the day DBFZ dropped was the last time I really felt excited about a game. I miss playing Fightcade with people, I think that was when I was most happiest playing a FG. I've been thinking about playing UNIST but I've been apprehensive about sinking $40 into a game so few people will play.

I dont think I would call Tekken slow paced in the slightest

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Let's all go back to playing samsho5sp

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Someone host a KwonHo private server

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Bring back Daemon Bride.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
see me in Little Fighters 2

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
just loving play unist with me

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

inthesto posted:

Let's all go back to playing samsho5sp

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Reiley posted:

Bite the bullet imo. There's already quite a few goons that play and I've found a reasonably big number (for an anime game) that play outside of SA too.

It's a good game and worth your time. Or play me in Karnov's on fightcade I don't care.

Also DBFZ sucks and I'd literally rather play SFV than that, and I never play SFV.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Countblanc posted:

did somebody ever make an installer for the latest version that didn't install CCP spyware on your computer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

dragon enthusiast posted:

did somebody ever make an installer for the latest version that didn't install CCP spyware on your computer

lets hope not

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
2018 isnt ready for my Dennis

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
DBFZ isn't awful but it really needs to be fixed and I know they're not going to fix it until the DLC's done and they've waited the customary six months to announce Super DBFZ, so until then I'm going to continue not thinking about it.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

How would you even fix DBFZ? The limited combo system and lack of combo routes all relates to the "universal BnB", and they can't just get rid of it because then there's nothing. The boring endless blockstrings could be fixed by adding real pushblock, but that'd probably be too drastic system change at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Make drastic system changes!