Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sami would be so proud of Becky right now. Instead of having Sami as a skanking heel can he go back to SD and be a pissed off face with Becky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

VJeff posted:

Sami would be so proud of Becky right now. Instead of having Sami as a skanking heel can he go back to SD and be a pissed off face with Becky?

no, he's going to come back and continue being a heel jobber lackey for kevin owens until he betrays him and then they'll have a 5 month long feud with no clear resolution and then sami zayn will move on to feud with bobby roode and then he'll injure himself again in a heatless match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

By the time he's healthy enough to come back, Becky will have won the belt, lost the belt, seen the error of her ways, turned face again and rejoined Charlotte again, and been drafted to Raw in the shakeup

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sami zayn should quit wrestling. there shouldn't be any good people wasting their time in it. And he sucks very bad, in some ways that I prefer not To go into.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Cavauro posted:

Sami zayn should quit wrestling. there shouldn't be any good people wasting their time in it. And he sucks very bad, in some ways that I prefer not To go into.

Why do you say these things when you know I will kill you for it?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I deserve to die

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

rovert posted:

Explain?

Someone's projecting themselves onto your post.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

boar guy posted:

their marketing is insipid as gently caress

im surprised they dont give the network away for an email address, since they choke your inbox with so much bullshit

an hour before RAW, right after RAW, monday mornings, tuesday mornings, an hour before Smackdown, an hour after Smackdown, randomly on weekends, before all NXT and WWE PPVs

like, gimme a loving break. you got my $10 for the sub, i'm not buying your awful merch

Did you not turn that poo poo off immediately or send it directly to junk mail? What are you afraid you are going to miss out on?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

had to google who the IC champ was today because I genuinely couldn't remember

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I haven't blocked them in the hopes I'll finally get one of those free three month offers for being unsubscribed so long.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TTBF posted:

I haven't blocked them in the hopes I'll finally get one of those free three month offers for being unsubscribed so long.

This was my first and I've been unsubbed for about four months.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

bloodysabbath posted:

Rock should really and truly have a sit down with his daughter as an intervention for wanting to go to WWE. The Rock’s daughter could literally do anything she wants because of who her dad is. She could pick her Ivy League school of choice. She could probably be the president (second generation), or the head of a major Fortune 500. If she wanted to be a movie star or singer, she’d be guaranteed a career regardless of talent.

Maybe she goes “gently caress you dad” as 17 year olds do, but I can’t imagine having the name and wealth of The Rock behind you, surveying your options, and deciding on “Work for Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn.”

I think it's a fun option to consider, it would be a career option. She has many options so just keeping this one available seems fine.

Working for Vince does seem insane though. It struck me last night what a horrifying failure of the world it is that Vince is rich, happy and successful considering what an awful human being he is. Though he isn't alone in that category, sadly

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

cavallingus posted:

I'm glad I've completely given up on this company

That said, I'll still watch Survivor Series in November at a bar I regularly go to because I would rather give them my business than WWE

7 hours at a bar? Be sure to start slow

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I did the same thing for SummerSlam and lived to tell about it, brother

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blaise330 posted:

7 hours at a bar? Be sure to start slow

I am pretty sure the Buffalo Wild Wings at college hated my group of friends that would be there for 4 hours and not order alcohol.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/katierosenberg/status/1039965439026192384

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't laugh hard enough

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this company thinks you're stupid as gently caress

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

We are all living in the Big Dog’s Yard.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Hey now, that doesn't mean that they did anything about what you said. Just that they heard you.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Like father like daughter.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I mean, past tense, they listened in the attitude era and became successful.

And now gently caress you, all roads lead to roman.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

cams posted:

this company thinks you're stupid as gently caress

I mean I am but that seems more like a lucky guess on their part

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A sizeable chunk of their audience told them that no matter how much they complain or how much they boo they're going to keep watching anyway. And the WWE has certainly been listening to that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I'll post these few quotes i've written from head of WWE's Creative Writing Ed Kosey.

I'll think they would be illuminating on how Vince and WWE operate.

quote:

Roman Reigns sells tickets. Even though guys may boo him, others may cheer him, either way, when he comes out, its loud in the arena and that's cool with us. He's a star and people want to see him, whether they want to boo him or to cheer him, to see him win or to see him lose, they are there for him. He's a star and he moves the needle. Roman is a second-generation guy, and he just looks the part. He looks like he was created in Vince's lab. He's everything you want a Superstar to be: he has that charisma, that star power, and that star factor.

People react to him. People are drawn to him, whether they are saying "Roman sucks!" or "Let's go, Roman!". With the advent of social media, everybody wants to choose a side. It makes it fun. It's not like the old days where everybody in the stands loved Stone Cold Steve Austin. That's a unicorn. These days, you ride with the guy the audience is having fun with, that's all that matters. As long as they're having fun and making noise, it's all good

quote:

When Vince picks a direction and everybody gets behind it, we can do great things. When Great Balls of Fire happened, that was supposed to be Braun versus Brock, but then Braun injured his elbow, so we thought he wasn't going to make the PPV. At that point, we didn't know who was going to get that shot. But then Samoa Joe stepped up. Physically he looks the part, he could be a match for Brock Lesnar. So Vince said "Hey, the next five weeks after Extreme Rules are all about making the wider audience familiar with Samoa Joe's history as a badass in the business. It's all about making him as badass and as much of a threat to Brock as possible"

When Vince tells us "Get everyone on board, this is who were going with" you give that guy opportunities and do everything you can to make it work, and that's usually when we do our best work. You can usually only do that with one guy at the time, though, because of how the rosters are set up. With the amount of content we have to fill, it's tough to give the kind of push to more than one guy at the time. Sometimes you're just trying to find as many compelling things as you can for three-hour-show or a two-hour-show every week. That's where you run into "Well' let's not use this guy to get that guy over because this guy is pretty valuable. Let's use him instead.

You're trying to serve a lot of masters and that's where you get into the 50/50 booking, where a guy who loses this week, wins next week so his reputation isn't hurt too bad. Its just not as great as when we say "This is the guy!" and we put our full force behind that push

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm fairly sure if Roman Reigns was injured and off TV for two years, the people booing him every night would still be there regardless because they're not there for him in the first place, but there's no way to avoid him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's amazing how much more work they could do with the rest of their roster if they devoted less time pushing the "main storyline." Opening segment no longer than ten minutes, ending segment (if it's not a match) no longer than 10, have a short skit or whatever at the halfway mark, and bam--you now have more time to work with the rest of your wrestlers. Give them matches, and allow them to tell a story in there. Also throw the commentary team into the sun, since half the time the narrative they make up for a match is...well, the obvious thing that no one needs spelling out for them.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"Roman Reigns sells tickets."

"We're all about the WWE brand."

So which is it that sells tickets? Reigns or the WWE brand? Because I'd bet it wasn't the name "Roman Reigns" that landed the Saudi/Australia/Fox deals.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CobiWann posted:

"Roman Reigns sells tickets."

"We're all about the WWE brand."

So which is it that sells tickets? Reigns or the WWE brand? Because I'd bet it wasn't the name "Roman Reigns" that landed the Saudi/Australia/Fox deals.

Roman is a draw, and because of that they are going to drag Shawn out of retirement. The saudios dont give a gently caress the current roster.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Poor lady
https://twitter.com/katierosenberg/status/1040187475770003456

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Although it is kind of amusing someone outside of the WWE bubble just taking a McMahon's word at face value and finding out FAST how the fans really feel

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

With the amount of content we have to fill, it's tough to give the kind of push to more than one guy at the time.

This makes no sense to me. If you have tonnes of time to fill like WWE does, shouldn't you be able to push more than one star?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Even Superstars is just full of Roman Reigns highlights from RAW

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/BigDogClub/status/1039679707703209984

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1039707123557392388

The most relevant Big Dogs has been since Monday.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 13, 2018

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
She weren't to know

Seams posted:

This makes no sense to me. If you have tonnes of time to fill like WWE does, shouldn't you be able to push more than one star?

They don't give a gently caress. It was the same when during the Reign of Terror writers pitched storylines for midcarders and Stephanie got really annoyed and stated that writers should only be focusing on storylines for main eventers (The only main eventer at the time being HHH).

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
What I love is their justification saying "He moves the needle."

Okay, so what if you got someone everyone in the crowd actually likes and gave them the same mega push. Would they move the needle? It's like the concept of opportunity cost doesn't exist to these guys.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Natural 20 posted:

Okay, so what if you got someone everyone in the crowd actually likes and gave them the same mega push.

You can't do that since Roman's needle would stop moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Look Roman Reigns is the guy they've picked to be on top and he's going to be on top for the next ten years until Barron Trump tries his hand at Pro Wrestling.

• Locked thread