Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Still not totally sure on the costing for this one but I'm always a fan of janky multiplayer cards.

InternetOfTwinks fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 8, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

I added the "same CMC" clause because otherwise, oops, I just made Show and Tell for spells.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

I added the "same CMC" clause because otherwise, oops, I just made Show and Tell for spells.

I'm itching to run this with Possibility Storm now

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Reminds me of Knowledge Pool, which is only one mana more and can potentially show and tell.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

Reminds me of Knowledge Pool, which is only one mana more and can potentially show and tell.
Potentially 3 mana more!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

It wouldn't be a Masques Block revival without lots of ways to lose or render useless all your lands.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Workposting, but I had an idea.

Black Jack, High Roller 3RR
Legendary Planeswalker - Jack
CARDNAME can't be damaged.
0: Each player exiles the top card of their library face-down. Any player may activate this ability.
0: Each player reveals all cards exiled with CARDNAME. The players with the highest total converted mana costs of the revealed cards may put one revealed card onto the battlefield under their control. Then each player puts all other cards exiled with CARDNAME into their owner's graveyards. Any player may activate this ability.
0: Each player puts all cards exiled with CARDNAME into their owner's graveyards. Any player may activate this ability.

He's a planeswalker to get around the rules baggage of 'a player may activate one, but only one, of these per turn'. Plus, seemed like a fun way to get a gambling-themed 'walker, even if it is, to a degree, just a glorified enchantment

e: man the text for this card extremely doesn't fit on a planeswalker.

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 7, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shout-out to Torchlighter. Apparently, I never added Fury of the Dracogenius to my list of favorites. I have now fixed that particular issue.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

The latest in the Abyssal Persecutor line, here's a Demon that's yours for cheap, in exchange for being anyones. First come, first served.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
This is probably low hanging fruit but I wanted to both make a 4-mana red, do-nothing enchantment. And to address the issue of "fair" cards that the person casting them doesn't immediate get anything from doing so.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

While we're at it, why restrict it to just players?

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

:v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, that's cute, I like it.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Have an old-school wall of text :

Kuiperdolin fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 11, 2018

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

I almost made the same joke

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Lker
Oct 26, 2010

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

As a bit of a post script to the contest, I love "fair" abilities in games. Nowadays, I play a lot more boardgames than Magic, and I've been fascinated with games that have rules that taking an action lets every other player take that action. I'm currently obsessed with Roll for the Galaxy, where you only get to take one of the five actions if you or ANY OTHER player choose for that action to happen this turn. So, one of the most important things in this game is predicting what other people are doing and making sure to take advantage of all the actions.

Anyway, I'm glad that everyone seemed to "get" the spirit of the contest and turned out such good cards!

Alright, honorable mentions:

I was going to be supremely disappointed if someone didn't make this joke.

This would go right in my "Krazy Koinflip Khaos" deck, but alas, Wizards does seem to hate fun.

Third Place: WombatCyborg's Havoc Whirler

I feel it's a bit TOO aggressively costed for Red/Black, but I love the Rakdos feel where it's clear that it's fine with equal opportunity chain whirling.

Second Place: TheChirurgeon's Pitched Debate

The art is perfect, and mechanically representing a wizard slapfight as passive aggressively reorganizing all the spellbooks is great.

First Place: Nebalebadingdong's Common Knowledge

Elegant and "fair," with wonderful flavor text to boot. Delightful.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Sweet!

Let's say you sit down to play a game of magic (because you're a huge nerd). Its your first turn. You toss out your land and tap it. What do you toss on the battlefield!?

Turn One Drops

Make me any permanent type that can be played for a single mana. It can have other costs or ways to play it for more mana, but it must be fully playable at 1 mana on your first turn.

Criteria: Creative, interesting or silly comes first, with playable without being bonkers comes a close second.

Contest ends September 19th at midnight

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quote is not edit.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 13, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

For gently caress's sake. Though I guess I can use this to say happy second birthday to the thread! The first contest was September 12th, 2016!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 13, 2018

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
For those times when you realize keeping your hand was a mistake.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 17, 2018

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Gurmag Angler variant. Probably unplayable as a 4/2 but probably too good as a 4/3.

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 14, 2018

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Spreadsheet updated.

Playable on turn 1, flexible, powerful.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

More jank to stack in a deck built to screw with your opponents, and a ridiculous chump blocker that's probably too strong.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

My god.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This might be stretching the rules a bit, but what about a fetch card that lets you search for a turn one drop?

Mikl fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 15, 2018

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Tyrannosaurus fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 14, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Wild Nacatl is considered a bit too strong, but what if you needed to put in a little more effort?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've always thought Savage Summoning was cool, but....

Savage Casting
G
Instant
Rare
~ can't be countered.
Add G. Creature spells cast using this mana may be cast as though they had flash, and can't be countered.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Looking for some art to use when I get home:

Forgetful Guard
W
Creature - Human Soldier
Uncommon
When ~ enters the battlefield, create a colorless Equipment artifact token named Misplaced Sword. It has “Equipped creature gets +1/+0 and has first strike,” and equip 2.
0/2