Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I had to find non-wrestling fans to ask to see if we were all just crazy or if the WWE was crazy.

The WWE is crazy. Having so many hours of TV you need to fill up is the opposite of a "Well we can only push one guy" problem, it's a "Well we gotta push way MORE than one guy" problem.

It's like Vince never left the mindset of Raw being a 1 hour show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did they reply to this exactly six years later? What in the world

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Did they reply to this exactly six years later? What in the world

The Big Dog moves at his own pace

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
All I'm saying is that the MCU gave a push to freakin' Ant-Man to fill their content and ended up with a solid mid-carder.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Onmi posted:

I had to find non-wrestling fans to ask to see if we were all just crazy or if the WWE was crazy.

The WWE is crazy. Having so many hours of TV you need to fill up is the opposite of a "Well we can only push one guy" problem, it's a "Well we gotta push way MORE than one guy" problem.

It's like Vince never left the mindset of Raw being a 1 hour show.

No, you see, it's because if they push THAT guy too they might have to use THIS guy to do it, but THIS guy has potential so they can't use him to push THAT guy because that might devalue both so we better push THAT OTHER guy instead and let THIS and THAT guy main event Main Event, keeping them fresh and cool.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's weird that Big Dogs cares about a 9/11 shirt when they have shirts about proudly being politically incorrect.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's amazing how in three hours they manage to accomplish less than most shows do in one, hell some shows pack more content and character development in just 22 minutes.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm sure WWE manages to have as many hours on TV/Network in a WEEK as a major show like Breaking Bad or West World do in a whole season and somehow tell less of a story

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

stephs statement is accurate it's just that the wwes definition of audience is Vince McMahon

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Look I desperately want to push more than just one guy it's just that I CANT

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1040067940433973248

What a packed show that must be.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Endless Mike posted:

It's weird that Big Dogs cares about a 9/11 shirt when they have shirts about proudly being politically incorrect.
Even weirder that they reply to a 6-year-old tweet

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Did you not turn that poo poo off immediately or send it directly to junk mail? What are you afraid you are going to miss out on?

i have hammered 'unsubscribe' on their website 50 or 60 times and nothing works

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You need to hit it an odd number of times or it will go back to being subscribed, jeez

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want to go, but I looked at ticket prices and ehhhh. I might wait until closer and see if they're going down in price.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SyntheticPolygon posted:

A sizeable chunk of their audience told them that no matter how much they complain or how much they boo they're going to keep watching anyway. And the WWE has certainly been listening to that.

A sizable chunk of their audience has bailed in the last three years since the start of Guess Who's push.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
One, Roman needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to other wrestlers people like to back him up. Two, whenever Romans not on screen all the other characters should be asking "Where's Roman"? Three--

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Two, whenever Romans not on screen all the other characters should be asking "Where's Roman"? Three--

...poo poo they actually did this with Braun all night.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

boar guy posted:

i have hammered 'unsubscribe' on their website 50 or 60 times and nothing works

There is literally zero reasons that WWE should ever need to email you. Worst case scenario. your billing information is incorrect and your network subscription is unavailable until you log in and figure it out. I literally filter all email from wwe.com to junkmail.

Natural 20 posted:

What I love is their justification saying "He moves the needle."

Okay, so what if you got someone everyone in the crowd actually likes and gave them the same mega push. Would they move the needle? It's like the concept of opportunity cost doesn't exist to these guys.

What bullshit... You're right that you can mega push nearly anybody on the roster and the fans will get behind them.

"Moves the needle" is such a bullshit excuse to keep pushing him. Yeah, you don't want to push someone to the main even that the audience sits on their hands for, but the writers are not giving people a reason to be interested in the majority of the roster.

Like... they consider it a positive that at MITB the audience completely poo poo on Jinder/Reigns just becaues they moved the needle because they were reacting, but hated that the crowd was doing the countdown during Ziggler/Rollins Iron Man match even though they were reacting as well? Or they popped big for Reigns before the Reigns/Joe PPV match where people were chanting beat the traffic and leaving early, but becaues they were not just sitting on their hands or looking at their phones the whole match it was positive? I don't get it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Heres a thing about the Reigns mega push:

If they were truly pushing him as the face of the company, and the be all and end all that we should all care about, and that it is his story that we should care about, and how much people in and outside love Roman, oh my gosh isnt he so great and dreamy and the best ever, etc. Shouldn't they have him do some more media?

Like throw him some interviews, have him do a couple of softball photo ops, trot him out when you are making the "The Saudis/Fox people gave us a truckload of cash" announcements. We all know how much Vince and the company cream over mainstream exposure, (you know like Muscle and Fitness hehe), so why aren't they exposing him in the mainstream more often?

Is he really that uncharismatic? I know he has dome one or two interviews where he comes across as a sooky piss baby, and he is also bad at twitter, but given a half competent media manager, and some softball questions/friendly outlets these things can be worked around. Yet, when they need people to front the cameras, they get HHH, or Cena, or now Shawn. People from back in the day when wrestling was cool and good, (or at least remembered by the interviewer etc.)

If they really wanted to shove Roman down our throats, shouldn't they be shoving him down the throats of the mainstream media also?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The needle is Vince’s hog

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BrigadierSensible posted:

If they were truly pushing him as the face of the company, and the be all and end all that we should all care about, and that it is his story that we should care about, and how much people in and outside love Roman, oh my gosh isnt he so great and dreamy and the best ever, etc. Shouldn't they have him do some more media?

Like throw him some interviews, have him do a couple of softball photo ops, trot him out when you are making the "The Saudis/Fox people gave us a truckload of cash" announcements. We all know how much Vince and the company cream over mainstream exposure, (you know like Muscle and Fitness hehe), so why aren't they exposing him in the mainstream more often?

Is he really that uncharismatic? I know he has dome one or two interviews where he comes across as a sooky piss baby, and he is also bad at twitter, but given a half competent media manager, and some softball questions/friendly outlets these things can be worked around. Yet, when they need people to front the cameras, they get HHH, or Cena, or now Shawn. People from back in the day when wrestling was cool and good, (or at least remembered by the interviewer etc.)

If they really wanted to shove Roman down our throats, shouldn't they be shoving him down the throats of the mainstream media also?

they dont really seem to do outside media stuff all that much. though if we go by this metric nia jax is the current face of the company

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Roman doesn't really come across well in interviews. He has a certain entitlement to the top spot that previous top guys were smart enough to not flaunt in public at least. And the ones who did flaunt it were so insanely popular that it didn't matter. He could probably be the best Heel of a generation if WWE weren't so invested in making him a face.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mainstream media doesn't care about Roman reigns.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The_Rob posted:

Mainstream media doesn't care about wrestling, as they should

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Jiro posted:

https://vimeo.com/287320424

Botchamania 373 is finally out. :stare: Holy gently caress I didn't know Triplemania was THAT terrible. Goddamn SummerSlam was bad.

Everyone needs to watch this. The Triplemania botches are breathtaking. I nearly died laughing when Fenix dives onto Marisela Pena and Vampiro (?) yells out "Oh poo poo!" I had to rewind it like ten times.

EDIT: Also Dave Bautista is the loving best. I adore how few fucks he gives about absolutely anything.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 13, 2018

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's been sad watching all my friends that I got into wrestling fall off because of the endless pointless booking. There's a few still watching NXT and a few I'm trying to sell on Japan shows but in general my house show group is so disenchanted.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It's been sad watching all my friends that I got into wrestling fall off because of the endless pointless booking. There's a few still watching NXT and a few I'm trying to sell on Japan shows but in general my house show group is so disenchanted.

i moved to CA in 2004 and a friend of mine moved here in 06. back in the D we watched RAW together religiously from 1999- to 2004. after he moved here he used to take the train from San Diego to Irvine and back for every pay per view (he started driving after he got a car) then he started just coming for Mania and the Rumble and now he has completely lost interest :/

sorry to keep making these glum-rear end posts but i been watching this poo poo since 1982 and making a conscious effort to do something else during Raw and Smackdown feels weird

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-backstage-wwe-news-205-live-talent-being-used-raw-managers

Fightful has The Scoopz on the rash of cruiserweights showing up to be managers. I guess people are trying to convince Vince that Managers Are Good?

Astro7x posted:

Like... they consider it a positive that at MITB the audience completely poo poo on Jinder/Reigns just becaues they moved the needle because they were reacting, but hated that the crowd was doing the countdown during Ziggler/Rollins Iron Man match even though they were reacting as well? Or they popped big for Reigns before the Reigns/Joe PPV match where people were chanting beat the traffic and leaving early, but becaues they were not just sitting on their hands or looking at their phones the whole match it was positive? I don't get it.

They don't actually consider it a positive. They had some shills cry on twitter about DISRESPECTING THE WORKERS and Roman himself did his usual I'm Not Owned shtick on twitter. Then he did it again, preemptively for SummerSlam. I'm pretty sure they're actually sort of livid when the crowd craps on Roman's matches like that.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Onmi posted:

lol nah. the wwe makes 600 million a year just for smearing poo poo on a camera lens, then whipping it back and forth. it has been made very clear that they will face no consequences for airing piles of garbage for 6 hours a week.

the people who keep posting about the hypocrisy and ignoring the fans and trying to ascribe logic to the wwe beyond "they only care about keeping the wheels spinning" are real dumb. it is genuinely baffling to see people for yeaaaars going "why don't they tell good stories or put on good wrestling matches ugh i blame road dogg."

this product is bad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cams posted:

lol nah. the wwe makes 600 million a year just for smearing poo poo on a camera lens, then whipping it back and forth. it has been made very clear that they will face no consequences for airing piles of garbage for 6 hours a week.

the people who keep posting about the hypocrisy and ignoring the fans and trying to ascribe logic to the wwe beyond "they only care about keeping the wheels spinning" are real dumb. it is genuinely baffling to see people for yeaaaars going "why don't they tell good stories or put on good wrestling matches ugh i blame road dogg."

this product is bad

I really wonder how WWE is going to do in 10-15 years. I mean, they can't possibly be generating new fans with the current product.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-backstage-wwe-news-205-live-talent-being-used-raw-managers

Fightful has The Scoopz on the rash of cruiserweights showing up to be managers. I guess people are trying to convince Vince that Managers Are Good?

There's been a renewed push this week for NXT to sign Stokely Hathaway on the foot of all this.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Andrast posted:

I really wonder how WWE is going to do in 10-15 years. I mean, they can't possibly be generating new fans with the current product.

try to picture the WWE as an 8 year old innocent mark would

(by which I mean, it ain't changing)

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

They don't need to. Capitalism has broken/is working as intended and a progressively worse product with less supporters is getting more money.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Andrast posted:

their new fans are children who swallow whatever garbage is thrown down their maw. they are, in fact, generating new fans. in 15 years, those kids will go on the internet and say "wtf why is robot vince doing this, the product was so much better before. i blame road dogg."

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

They don't need to. Capitalism has broken/is working as intended and a progressively worse product with less supporters is getting more money.

They are getting more money right now

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Alot of you (me) probably came up in the Hogan squash everyone era, which was pretty poo poo unless you were a kid. Or that awkward era between Hogan and Attitude that was poo poo unless you were a kid. If you were lucky you came up in the Attitude era, and you don't remember anything that didn't involve Stone Cold or the Rock, because that was also pretty poo poo unless you were a kid.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I remember Hardys vs Dudleys in a tag team table match. That was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Attitude was admittedly less poo poo than most eras but there was still alot of poo poo

• Locked thread