Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

While I'm going back and checking things, Dancer, when you appear next do you mind clarifying this?

Dancer posted:

I mean, look, there was a chance I'd get useful information out of it (i.e. cop). Yes, optimally I would've waited. Particularly if it's a vig maybe, because then the target would've interacted with other people beforehand. I briefly considered holding it back, in case I roll watch/track, and it applies to the previous night,, but then I hashtagyoloswagged.

IllegallySober posted:

So you swallowed E+ and got nothing useful out of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

GenericGirlName posted:

Yami Fenrir What's the current vote count on IcePheonix's beautiful rebirth?

Something about this post bothers me and I can't put my finger on exactly why yet. Saving this to come back to later.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

A Sometimes Food posted:

So you reckon scum are mostly dark and poison types or do you think that Pokémon's type has nothing to do with scumminess?

Wondering bout Dancer as the most well known metronome users are all normal or fairy type.

This seems like a strange line of inquiry with nothing to go off of that indicates this, much like the trainer discussion earlier.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Although it did draw out this info from E+:

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't think type has anything to do with scumminess, based on my role.

The canonical examples of Metronome users are the Clefable line and Mew, god I hope there's no Mew running around

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm supposed to be alseep but my turbo poke nerd mind needs to scream (YOU FORGOT ABOUT TOGEPI/TOGETIC/TOGEKISS)!!!!!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Oh yeah, removing my jokephase vote as deadline is tomorrow evening and I may not be able to check in until noon or so: ##unvote

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

This seems like a strange line of inquiry with nothing to go off of that indicates this, much like the trainer discussion earlier.

I mean the only real info we have so far is that Dancer can use metronome so I'm speculating out from that. And hey we got Epsilon basically claiming that they're dark/poison/ghost and town so it lead to something at least.

Also yes ##unvote

Do we have anyone that wants to put forward a case for evolution?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some dudes birthday idk

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean the only real info we have so far is that Dancer can use metronome so I'm speculating out from that. And hey we got Epsilon basically claiming that they're dark/poison/ghost and town so it lead to something at least.

Also yes ##unvote

Do we have anyone that wants to put forward a case for evolution?

I can only assume that I'd be much more useful evolved than not, as I currently have no ability.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

While I'm going back and checking things, Dancer, when you appear next do you mind clarifying this?

I left that un-answered on purpose. I'll clarify tomorrow.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Also I keep pondering about Toalpaz' reason. I guess that if that was truly their first game (and if they survived longer than N1 like me), they might have paid more attention than me to the specific wording in their role PM.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't think type has anything to do with scumminess, based on my role.

The canonical examples of Metronome users are the Clefable line and Mew, god I hope there's no Mew running around

Btw, can confirm I'm not Mew. Not that I know anything about pokemonz, but even I heard somehow somewhere of Mew he's kindof a meme :v: .

Dancer
May 23, 2011

GenericGirlName posted:

I'm supposed to be alseep but my turbo poke nerd mind needs to scream (YOU FORGOT ABOUT TOGEPI/TOGETIC/TOGEKISS)!!!!!

Is... is there a reason why that evolution line goes to "kiss"?

I'm not sure I want to google this.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Btw current scummiest read is DB, based on his series of posts at bottom of page 7.

##vote DB

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dancer posted:

Is... is there a reason why that evolution line goes to "kiss"?

I'm not sure I want to google this.

No reason as far as I can tell, it's just a bird thing. Probably just a not great localisation of some Japanese pun.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Apparently it means spiky kiss because it's a friendly bird but also covered in spikes so it tends to stab people while trying to be affectionate.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

I'm pretty sure AA commented last game that Imgay failed to keep it 100 then.

*sigh* I'm reluctant to admit, he did in fact, keep it 100.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

I said it during 5th Element mafia and I was telling the truth. In fact the only time I've ever lied was when I was scum!

Sal, you are the bees knees

(for clarification i was being sarcastic, no one should think "oh ok, imgay must be town because they said 'keepin it 100'")

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think dancer might be the devolved form of jynx not that it matters at this time

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I've got a flavor fishing game that's probably safe to play and will also be beneficial for understanding the overarching flavor more.

What gen pokemon are you.

I'm a gen 3

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I've got a flavor fishing game that's probably safe to play and will also be beneficial for understanding the overarching flavor more.

What gen pokemon are you.

I'm a gen 3

Gen 2

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote
##vote GGN

Bad OMGUS vote
Flavor discussion (possible distraction/misinformation) that may or may not be relevant

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*hint to the scums*

use GGN's inevitable OMGUS against me to really get my mislunch momentum going ;)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm actually glad you asked about gen, I'm a gen 1 BUT I'm not the Pokemon I thought I was (which shows how much I know about Pokemon).

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Dick Bastardly posted:

*hint to the scums*

use GGN's inevitable OMGUS against me to really get my mislunch momentum going ;)

Taunting scum is a pretty solid play when you're scum. Just sayin'.

(It's also what I'd do as scum.)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SolusLunes posted:

Taunting scum is a pretty solid play when you're scum. Just sayin'.

(It's also what I'd do as scum.)

I taunt regardless of my alignment ask anyone

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

The only players that seem to get ~triggered~ by it are usually scum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

in fairness the only games I've played with you, you've either been scum, or murdered day1/night1

(unless I'm forgetting something somewhere, which is entirely possible)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SolusLunes posted:

in fairness the only games I've played with you, you've either been scum, or murdered day1/night1

(unless I'm forgetting something somewhere, which is entirely possible)

fair

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Atomic Soda posted:

hey bminus can you answer my earlier question re: toalpaz?

scummy posts + light alignment. i didn't expect toalpaz to say that the light alignment was a reference to the shadow alignment from the fifth element game. i thought it could be another "town" alignment similar to icephoenix's recent game (prey I think) where there were two "town factions". so i believe toalpaz's explanation but im not gonna unvote because im still getting scummy vibes from their posts.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

scummy posts + light alignment. i didn't expect toalpaz to say that the light alignment was a reference to the shadow alignment from the fifth element game. i thought it could be another "town" alignment similar to icephoenix's recent game (prey I think) where there were two "town factions". so i believe toalpaz's explanation but im not gonna unvote because im still getting scummy vibes from their posts.

Toalpaz reads like a newbie trying to make jokes happen rather than letting the comedy naturally pour from your fingers like seasoned mafia expert and possessor of an excellent new avatar imgay.

Now that jokephase is winding down I’ll keep an eye out, though. Last time I let someone skate for joking about their role/alignment during jokephase they turned out to be lurking scum filth that killed me n2.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

Persona 5, Prey was Yami

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

thanks. are there any particular posts that are pinging you?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

presumably the mod would have given them fakeclaims anyway

I haven't played enough SA mafia to know this, but is it common for the mods to suggest fakeclaims for scum?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SolusLunes posted:

I haven't played enough SA mafia to know this, but is it common for the mods to suggest fakeclaims for scum?

i don't know about normally but in this case yami has flagged it

Yami Fenrir posted:

6. Flavour is flavour, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want. However, scum are backed by elaborate fakeclaims. Additionally whilst I try to retain flavour justification for many abilities, they will not always match expectations.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm a gen 1 pokemon according to my detailed research (google)

you know on reflection i've never caught a pokemon irl, -sad

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I just want to chime in and say that B- regularly reports a scummy read off of me early because of my general demeanor.

Anyways I don't want people to say I'm just spinning my wheels without contributing:

Dancer posted:

Btw current scummiest read is DB, based on his series of posts at bottom of page 7.

##vote DB

I'm scared of DB cause they were a good scum last time, but those posts you're referring to seem like jokes and very light hearted. I'm not attempting to give DB an out, but I'm not sure what is scummy about them in particular other then voting Imgay for no reason (a lot of people vote early for no reason d1).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

I just want to chime in and say that B- regularly reports a scummy read off of me early because of my general demeanor.

Huh? Isn't this your second game? How can anyone have a "regular" read of you at this point?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i thought you'd only played one game toalpaz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

SalTheBard posted:

I'm actually glad you asked about gen, I'm a gen 1 BUT I'm not the Pokemon I thought I was (which shows how much I know about Pokemon).

did you only read every third word in your role PM?

• Locked thread