Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They aren't playing well at all....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Actually the yankees are good, thanks for the time and have a good day!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Paul Zuvella posted:

Actually the yankees are good, thanks for the time and have a good day!

You are the Baghdad Bob of this thread.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Yankees are going to finish with a better record than they did in 2017 and if the Red Sox didn't reach absolute peak bullshit in tyool 2018 we wouldn't even be considering the idea that this Yankees team isn't very good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

The Yankees are going to finish with a better record than they did in 2017 and if the Red Sox didn't reach absolute peak bullshit in tyool 2018 we wouldn't even be considering the idea that this Yankees team isn't very good.

Ignore the record. It's meaningless. There are so many bad teams that there are inflated records all over the league. It's just blatantly obvious that they aren't playing well.... I don't know why there is an argument about that. They just lost a series to the frigging twins and almost got no hit by a terrible starter... Are people in here blind?

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 13, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Ignore the record. It's meaningless. There are so many bad teams that there are inflated records all over the league. It's just blatantly obvious that they aren't playing well.... I don't know why there is an argument about that. They just lost a series to the frigging twins and only got no hit by a terrible starter... Are people in here blind?

3rd best Run Diff in the MLB

4th best wRC+ (3rd in the AL)

5th best WAR (3rd in the AL)

trash team

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There can only be exactly one good team in the MLB at any given time. Any signs of a team doing well, like stats, wins, losses, etc. are bullshit.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
It definitely feels like the script could have flipped this season and nobody would have thought anything amiss. What can you do? They're both good teams :shrug:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

NiceGuy posted:

It definitely feels like the script could have flipped this season and nobody would have thought anything amiss. What can you do? They're both good teams :shrug:

yeah, Boston got off on a historical run and buried us in August. In a normal year where the competition isn't outright bad in almost every division we're probably a bit closer

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

They’re a good team, but as Lindsey Adler wrote in the Athletic today, they definitely look like the “worst best team” in baseball and that it’s concerning that they’re “still working on stopping the bleeding from any one appendage on any given night.” And I guess that’s what is frustrating.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

They’re a good team, but as Lindsey Adler wrote in the Athletic today, they definitely look like the “worst best team” in baseball and that it’s concerning that they’re “still working on stopping the bleeding from any one appendage on any given night.” And I guess that’s what is frustrating.

I agree with all of this and it's one of the worst possible times for everything to start getting all discombobulated.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

I agree with all of this and it's one of the worst possible times for everything to start getting all discombobulated.

but that is how baseball works. Its a 162 game season and teams go through peaks and valleys. This team is on pace to win 100 games and that is absolutely insane for where this team was supposed to be at 2 years ago.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

but that is how baseball works. Its a 162 game season and teams go through peaks and valleys. This team is on pace to win 100 games and that is absolutely insane for where this team was supposed to be at 2 years ago.

You're moving the goal posts. They were second highest favorite to win the world series before the season.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

mcmagic posted:

You're moving the goal posts. They were second highest favorite to win the world series before the season.

Now they're the third. Nor exactly falling off a cliff

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Sab0921 posted:

Now they're the third. Nor exactly falling off a cliff

They’re actually 6th now. If they lose HFA, they’re probably switching places with the A’s, who are in 8th.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just bought tickets to the game tonight on a whim. Does anyone know what time batting practice takes place? The stadium opens 3 hours before game time on Friday night games, but I can't get out of work and make it there by 4. I was wondering what time I could realistically show up and still catch some batting practice.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://i.imgur.com/RuZfjzV.mp4

Please replace the emoji with Voit's face and Piss Tape with LUKE VOIT tia

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Judge is playing right :woop:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Apparently they should have activated Judge weeks ago.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Inspector_666 posted:

Apparently they should have activated Judge weeks ago.

He projects some sort of baseball mashing field effect, but he can't legally have it turned on while he's on the DL.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I picked a good game to go to! :neckbeard:

I was in the first row just inside the right field foul pole. Got to see Judge come back up close and I was able to spot myself on TV for the first time, so I'm basically famous now.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 15, 2018

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Ignore the record. It's meaningless. There are so many bad teams that there are inflated records all over the league. It's just blatantly obvious that they aren't playing well.... I don't know why there is an argument about that. They just lost a series to the frigging twins and almost got no hit by a terrible starter... Are people in here blind?

"Ignore their record, ie. wins and losses, and only focus on losses. This is consistent and smart."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AppropriateUser posted:

"Ignore their record, ie. wins and losses, and only focus on losses. This is consistent and smart."

Their performance is indefensible.

Edit: Except Andujar who Kim Jong Ill wants to trade.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 16, 2018

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

after 284483 years... Aaron Judge is back in the lineup

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
So do we all agree that guy who hit judge should in fact catch a battery considering our post season is in jeopardy? I don't think we would be in the situation we were in if judge didn't get hit.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Can we get the old YES score bug back now please. I liked the pitch count being larger

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
WALKER!!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Neil Walker/Luke Voit 1B platoon is not what I had in mind going into this year but gently caress it

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

humpthewind posted:

Can we get the old YES score bug back now please. I liked the pitch count being larger

Put your glasses on, grandpa.

New one is good because now I actually know who all these players on the other team are.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Monday_ posted:

Put your glasses on, grandpa.

New one is good because now I actually know who all these players on the other team are.

drat kids.

I just want them to switch the location of the out count and the pitch count.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Their performance is indefensible.

Edit: Except Andujar who Kim Jong Ill wants to trade.

Andujar is literally indefensible!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Pantsing Boston so they can’t win the division at Yankee Stadium is cool and good

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I like this Severino.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Voit is fun.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

humpthewind posted:

Voit is fun.

Adding him and removing Shreve and Gallegos so that Boone isn't tempted to use them was such an amazing move by Cashman.

Also someone was quick to edit his Wikipedia page.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
:siren: Justus Alert :siren:

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
That could have been worse.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Guys, if we only look at the at-bats where our hitters didn’t get on base, you’ll see that we really lost that game 1-0 and you should be furious.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lumpy posted:

Guys, if we only look at the at-bats where our hitters didn’t get on base, you’ll see that we really lost that game 1-0 and you should be furious.

DFA Severino, did you see how he gave up a run?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's nice that we beat literally the only other team in the MLB that's not completely made up of AA players.

• Locked thread