Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

wyoak posted:

Attitude was admittedly less poo poo than most eras but there was still alot of poo poo

well that's just wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Andrast posted:

well that's just wrestling
nah, as i've come to find out, most wrestling is good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cams posted:

nah, as i've come to find out, most wrestling is good

If it's not at least half-garbage then it's definitely not something I'm interested in watching

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

The needle is Vince’s hog

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXq5lCMOzdA

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

CobiWann posted:

All I'm saying is that the MCU gave a push to freakin' Ant-Man to fill their content and ended up with a solid mid-carder.

Jinder is the WWE’s Ant-Man

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

weird i thought kane's libertarianism would make him hate libraries

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lots of libertarians have weird pet causes they break their ethos for. Gary Johnson loving loved roads when he was governor of New Mexico. Perhaps Kane's is libraries.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

wyoak posted:

Alot of you (me) probably came up in the Hogan squash everyone era, which was pretty poo poo unless you were a kid. Or that awkward era between Hogan and Attitude that was poo poo unless you were a kid. If you were lucky you came up in the Attitude era, and you don't remember anything that didn't involve Stone Cold or the Rock, because that was also pretty poo poo unless you were a kid.
Yeah, I mean an unsettling amount kids' entertainment in 2018 is literally videos of Other Kids Opening Boxes Of Things. I mean without even debating the merits of insipid Disney Channel sitcoms, that's a pretty low bar to clear. WWE will be fine at getting new young fans, for better or for worse.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Bard Maddox posted:

Don’t you disparage Paul Rudd!

Minidust posted:

Yeah, I mean an unsettling amount kids' entertainment in 2018 is literally videos of Other Kids Opening Boxes Of Things. I mean without even debating the merits of insipid Disney Channel sitcoms, that's a pretty low bar to clear. WWE will be fine at getting new young fans, for better or for worse.

And the kids’ entertainment that is on a somewhat higher level (Steven Universe, Gravity Falls) tends to get loudly coopted by a vocal and somewhat creepy adult fan base. I mentioned to someone that the kiddo was a fan of Liv and Maddie and the guy started going on about how hot Dove Cameron would be when she turned 18. :stare:

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 13, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bard Maddox posted:

But Ant Man is good

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

weird i thought kane's libertarianism would make him hate libraries

I love that his top uses for the library, though, are investing info, job searches, market research and historical photos. Still such a loving libertarian.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

boar guy posted:

sorry to keep making these glum-rear end posts but i been watching this poo poo since 1982 and making a conscious effort to do something else during Raw and Smackdown feels weird

Keep with it, man. I quit watching Raw after WM32 or thereabouts and Smackdown after it got lovely shortly after the brand split, and I have so much more time for good TV, reading, video games, cooking, and so on. Not that I wasn't playing games and reading while "watching" the shows towards the end, but this way the TV screen is free at least.

I unsubbed from the Network a couple weeks ago too and it feels good to no longer be supporting this garbage company. Not like they need my money anyhow.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Oh man both BoJack Horseman and American Vandal comeback this weekend! I guess there is a stupid PPV too or something.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I loved AV a whole lot but I kinda fear the second season being super derivative of the first

bartok
May 10, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

I loved AV a whole lot but I kinda fear the second season being super derivative of the first

The early reviews have been pretty positive so I assume they got past that hurdle. Definitely doesn't feel like a concept you couldn't milk for more than three seasons and even that might be pushing it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

wyoak posted:

Attitude was admittedly less poo poo than most eras but there was still alot of poo poo

Imagine WWE having a whole roster smaller than the Raw roster now, but you actually gave a poo poo about the majority of the people on the show. That's what they really had going for them in the 2000 Attitude Era.

I am a big proponent that the roster size these days is killing interest in the product. I just cannot give a poo poo about all 200+ people, or however many people they have, with halfhearted pushes of the vast majority of them because there are too many people to write compelling storylines for.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Including free agents, NXT and a few UK folks, there are 160+ active superstars on Raw, Smackdown, NXT and 205.

There's no room for all of them, and especially when there are so few featured wrestlers with stories or matches at any given time.

Ugh. Ugh!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

I hope that's a non-alcoholic beverage in Flair's glass :ohdear:

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

They don't need to. Capitalism has broken/is working as intended and a progressively worse product with less supporters is getting more money.

This is what's called a "bubble" and anyone with eyes and brains who can look at ratings and the current product and WCW can see what's coming in the near future.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

cavallingus posted:

I hope that's a non-alcoholic beverage in Flair's glass :ohdear:

It's a trios contest of who will end up the most haggard.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Part of me really wants to quit WWE and spend my time watching New Japan or indies and what have you, but I've reached a point where writing about it online is easy and regular money and I have a wedding to save up for and...

Anyway, here's all 38 Hell in a Cell matches ranked from worst to best!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This wasn't offensive offensive but I still can't believe this made air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI_CWwqgLak

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

This wasn't offensive offensive but I still can't believe this made air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI_CWwqgLak

Vince very likely found that goddamn hilarious, and that's all that matters to him. You have some people trying to justify it as "oh well they are just showing the goofy side of Asuka!!!"

When you could clearly see that neither Naomi or Asuka wanted anything to do with that awful segment. Apparently the audience didn't react to the segment at all either. I think they are intentionally trying to sabotage Asuka at this point, simply because she's more over/popular than Charlotte.

Becky was turned heel (and it seems like WWE is trying to double down on it this week), Naomi is already pretty non-existent, and they are kneecapping Asuka. They are going to turn Charlotte into the female version of Roman Reigns at this rate. Because they are doing/did the same thing with Roman as they are doing with Charlotte. Kneecap anyone else who is even remotely more over than Charlotte because she's the face of the women's division apparently.

If they don't do a double turn at Hell in a Cell, I don't think Charlotte is ever going to turn heel. And the crowd will hijack the Ronda/Charlotte match at Wrestlemania if they keep kneecapping talent that the crowd likes more.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 13, 2018

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, but why do you guys still talk about people being pushed or getting buried or hoping they will have plans for a particular wrestler? like, do you guys not realize that nobody is important now? i see guys talking about Finn Balor and Asuka or whoever and they're like "man i hope they push this guy" and i have to wonder if you people are new to watching the WWE, or delusional, or what. Daniel Bryan came back after not wrestling for like 2 loving years and they put him in a garbage nothing program with his lovely wife and the the worst wrestler on Earth, The Miz, and The Miz's lovely wife. why do you think Becky Lynch is going to be the new Stone Cold. did you guys see what just happened to Kevin Owens? that's the whole roster. everyone on the roster is Kevin Owens and is a moron retard who never wins and is also a loving idiot with no long-term memory. how can you still have the capacity to analyze this in any meaningful way.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Baron Corbin posted:

i don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, but why do you guys still talk about people being pushed or getting buried or hoping they will have plans for a particular wrestler? like, do you guys not realize that nobody is important now? i see guys talking about Finn Balor and Asuka or whoever and they're like "man i hope they push this guy" and i have to wonder if you people are new to watching the WWE, or delusional, or what. Daniel Bryan came back after not wrestling for like 2 loving years and they put him in a garbage nothing program with his lovely wife and the the worst wrestler on Earth, The Miz, and The Miz's lovely wife. why do you think Becky Lynch is going to be the new Stone Cold. did you guys see what just happened to Kevin Owens? that's the whole roster. everyone on the roster is Kevin Owens and is a moron retard who never wins and is also a loving idiot with no long-term memory. how can you still have the capacity to analyze this in any meaningful way.

Sir this is a Starbucks

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Rarity posted:

Sir this is a Starbucks

sorry i get confused. can i have a venti coffee frap with no whip and one of those spicy chorizo breakfast sandwiches. i don't need the receipt, thanks.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
hey sorry to bother you i was just wondering if my drink is ready yet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Baron Corbin posted:

hey sorry to bother you i was just wondering if my drink is ready yet

Sir this is a forum about professional wrestling.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Rarity posted:

Sir this is a forum about professional wrestling.

i ordered it with the app, it said you guys hadn't sold out of the chorizo sandwiches which is why i ordered it here and not at my local place because they always sell out of them

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

Baron Corbin posted:

sorry i get confused. can i have a venti coffee frap with no whip and one of those spicy chorizo breakfast sandwiches. i don't need the receipt, thanks.

this is the worst post in the history of these forums

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Please stop, I'm getting PTSD from my time working in the Barnes and Noble cafe.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
One of the baristas in my local Starbucks told me he was saving up to train to be a wrestler :shobon:

Who wants to explain to Vince what pumpkin spice means?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I hope they push my favorite guy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

Daniel Bryan came back after not wrestling for like 2 loving years and they put him in a garbage nothing program with his lovely wife and the the worst wrestler on Earth, The Miz, and The Miz's lovely wife.

whoa whoa whoa let me stop you right the gently caress here

He came back and they put him in a garbage nothing program with Big Cass for a couple months, and then that happened

continue, friend

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

the escape goat posted:

Including free agents, NXT and a few UK folks, there are 160+ active superstars on Raw, Smackdown, NXT and 205.

There's no room for all of them, and especially when there are so few featured wrestlers with stories or matches at any given time.

Ugh. Ugh!

It's amazing that the WWE has 160 wrestlers some of whom are the best in the world yet the main Rosters feel almost empty for how they are used/handled.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Vince very likely found that goddamn hilarious, and that's all that matters to him. You have some people trying to justify it as "oh well they are just showing the goofy side of Asuka!!!"

When you could clearly see that neither Naomi or Asuka wanted anything to do with that awful segment. Apparently the audience didn't react to the segment at all either. I think they are intentionally trying to sabotage Asuka at this point, simply because she's more over/popular than Charlotte.

Becky was turned heel (and it seems like WWE is trying to double down on it this week), Naomi is already pretty non-existent, and they are kneecapping Asuka. They are going to turn Charlotte into the female version of Roman Reigns at this rate. Because they are doing/did the same thing with Roman as they are doing with Charlotte. Kneecap anyone else who is even remotely more over than Charlotte because she's the face of the women's division apparently.

If they don't do a double turn at Hell in a Cell, I don't think Charlotte is ever going to turn heel. And the crowd will hijack the Ronda/Charlotte match at Wrestlemania if they keep kneecapping talent that the crowd likes more.

https://twitter.com/WWERoadDogg/status/1040242612437958656

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Baron Corbin posted:

Daniel Bryan came back after not wrestling for like 2 loving years and they put him in a garbage nothing program with

his lovely wife and the the worst wrestler on Earth,

The Miz,

and The Miz's lovely wife.

Agreed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*places a spotlight on your favorite wrestler tied to a chair, slowly trickles a bucket of rotten fish guts all over them* Behold. what else would you have me do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man raw writing is bad

• Locked thread