Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish i could play state of decay 2 on my ps4

the xbox 360 was cool for pirated games but then i started working and bought a ps3.

welp thats my microsoft story, thanks for reading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is getting "meh" reviews. Not surprised it is meh, but a little surprised reviewers aren't going crazy over it like they did with Rise (which was also meh).

Maybe Amazon will send me 20 copies again by accident like they did with Rise.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I was thinking yesterday that Rise of the Tomb Raider really shouldn't have been as open world as it was. The set pieces are so great that I wish they'd developed more instead of this larger open world with hubs.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah rise is too big for what it is.

Are they saying similar things for shadow of the tomb raider? I have to imagine people are just getting tired of the tomb raider formula after 2 of them (with another remaster) plus uncharted 4 and lost legacy which goes with a more linear format and some people like that better.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently shadow has numerous lengthy underwater stealth sections where piranha kill you in one hit if you gently caress up

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Real hurthling! posted:

Apparently shadow has numerous lengthy underwater stealth sections where piranha kill you in one hit if you gently caress up

god drat it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Welp, 2/10 is the cieling then.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
I'll just Redbox it like I did the previous games. I thought the reboot was great with good exploration and great feeling combat. And I'm a sucker for "weird things going on on mysterious island" stories. Rise was good, but there was TOO MUCH stuff in the regions and the story wasn't that good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Rise looks really good on X but I enjoyed the reboot so much more.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Metal Gear Solid left us and we’re left with sneaking around fish

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Rise was the first thing I game passed when I got my X and yeah, it looked great, but I just didn’t care enough. I really liked the first of the new games and even the associated comics, but something about Rise didn’t do it for me. Maybe I’ll game pass this one too in a year.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Man the One X is a nice piece of hardware in comparison to the OG Bone.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

derk posted:

are you using instant on power mode? do you have it set to shut storage off when powered off? i always shut my system off and it downloads.

I’m not using instant on. Do I need to? I thought it would keep downloading then go idle when it’s finished then turn off after an hour.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

bigis posted:

I’m not using instant on. Do I need to? I thought it would keep downloading then go idle when it’s finished then turn off after an hour.

Right, I don't think the shutdown timer cares about downloads. I don't have instant-on enabled either, and that's why I've set the shutdown timer to whatever the longest settings is and just shut it down manually as soon as I stop playing.

If you enable instant-on it can download your stuff while in sleep mode.

Zat fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 11, 2018

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

So how do I make the one X download the hi res texture packs? I have far cry and doom installed but can't see an option to update them.

On my old console I had an option in settings to download 4K content however it's not available on my X.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Laserface posted:

So how do I make the one X download the hi res texture packs? I have far cry and doom installed but can't see an option to update them.

On my old console I had an option in settings to download 4K content however it's not available on my X.

The X always downloads these and this can't be disabled like it can on the non-4K Bones. I'm pretty sure neither game has 4K texture packs, though, like I said before it's somewhat rare, only something like 10 games or thereabouts has actual higher-resolution textures available.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Pretty sure that the X is forced to download the 4K stuff.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The X gon' give it to ya

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The X gon' give it to ya

The "it" being a multiyear service agreement

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
More like XX gon' give it to ya. Ya know, cause Rumble Roses XX is added to the BC list.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

More like XX gon' give it to ya. Ya know, cause Rumble Roses XX is added to the BC list.

I thought all the weird anime "She's really a 2000 year old demon" poo poo is on Playstation :confused:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Nutsak posted:

Or did you mean games where you gently caress because I'm sure all the weird anime "She's really a 2000 year old demon" poo poo is on Playstation.

Is that how Horizon Zero Dawn ends? Because that just makes me want to play it even more.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Horizon Zero Dawn is basically a JRPG as made by a western studio.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Does anyone else ever have trouble with charging controllers via USB from their Xbox One (or X, I've had the problem with both)?

I've tried different cables, different controllers, different batteries, and of course, just plugging in to a wall wart rather than the xbox. They charged consistently for the first couple weeks with new cables, but now that's not working either. Should I just resign myself to using AAs or having wired controllers?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I kind of wish I could play spaderman.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Get used PS4, play Spider-Man, sell PS4 if you get tired of it.

That’s my life coaching recommendation, your hour’s up, that’ll be $300 please

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Krakkles posted:

Does anyone else ever have trouble with charging controllers via USB from their Xbox One (or X, I've had the problem with both)?

I've tried different cables, different controllers, different batteries, and of course, just plugging in to a wall wart rather than the xbox. They charged consistently for the first couple weeks with new cables, but now that's not working either. Should I just resign myself to using AAs or having wired controllers?

I got batteries that go in a charger so i just swap them out

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Steve Yun posted:

Get used PS4, play Spider-Man, sell PS4 if you get tired of it.

That’s my life coaching recommendation, your hour’s up, that’ll be $300 please

I did this to play MGS4, and then later regretted it because it was a backwards compat PS3 and I didn't realize those were not the norm.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Lucky you, the backwards compat PS3’s were actually prone to overheating and dying (including mine)

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Xbox getting a bunch of final fantasy rereleases over the next year

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao @ ff8 not being included, it's like square themselves even realized how loving poo poo that pile of garbage is

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

lmfao @ ff8 not being included, it's like square themselves even realized how loving poo poo that pile of garbage is

You and me sir, we are going to have some words and all of them had the letter c replaced with k

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Having skipped out on final fantasy after 3/6, what’s the deal with8?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

It followed 7 and is kinda lovely

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

final fantasy 8 is the best final fantasy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

For side card games

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

The only port is the slapdash Eidos PC port and its a complete mess of a game from story and mechanics so there isnt a super big base demanding it outside of its kickass card game. Its fascinating on the whole but not like, good.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Steve Yun posted:

it is extraordinarily terrible, the story and characters were written by someone who had drank a gallon of bleach or something

that game put me off the entire jrpg genre for over a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
So if I want to get caught up on FF, which are the “good ones” after 6?