Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

Roman also has the extremely reasonable, if not particularly likable, argument of: "Yeah, I'll keep doing whatever they want me to, popular or not, because I get paid a lot of money to be 'the guy' "

Roman is in the best possible situation in this. No pressure or need to improve, he is going continue being pushed and paid anyway.

And good for him too because that's what wrestling is really about, getting paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
How do you improve when you're already the biggest dog? It's impossible.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does HiaC realy have no matches booked for the pre-show?

How are there only 8 matches on the card so far jesus

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What is the American Dream if not to be born into the correct family and set up so you can't fail

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Prediction game

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868790

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

jesus can these people wear normal loving clothes

is The Miz the only one who knows how to dress himself

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

DLC Inc posted:

Taker is retired. He is wearing the time honored clothing of choice of a retired person, or just a general man of leisure, the Hawaiian shirt.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah they're old and most old people refuse to change and adapt and get locked in on one period of their lives forever

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

DLC Inc posted:

The Miz is the only one who knows how to dress himself

That's because the Miz is cool and good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Veryslightlymad posted:

Taker is retired. He is wearing the time honored clothing of choice of a retired person, or just a general man of leisure, the Hawaiian shirt.

Only two kinds of people wear Hawaiian shirts: Gay people and big fat party animals.

And Taker is a big fat party animal.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

:stare:

Deano posted:

"It’s good to get back out in front of people." Ambrose said of his return. "I had a lot of frustration I needed to really get out that built up over the last eight months. It was a long, long period of time. Much longer than I would have been anticipated. It was just one nightmare after another. It was a pretty challenging period of time to go through. I ended up having two different surgeries. I had this MRSA, Staph infection, I nearly died. I was in the hospital for a week plugged up to this antibiotic drip thing, and I was on all these antibiotics for months that make you puke and crap your pants.

So it was a pretty rough time. My arm wasn’t healing correctly, and my triceps. It’s kind of an indeterminate period where I initially hurt it." Ambrose said. "I thought it was, we call it Dusty elbows. It’s a pretty typical wrestler thing. You just get this bursa sac of fluid on your elbow from banging it on the mat or whatever. I’ve had that dozens of times on both elbows. It usually just goes away. It was kind of disguised. By the time I finally went and got the first surgery, my triceps was already starting to atrophy and look weird. I wasn’t able to flex my triceps for a really long time, and then the first surgery didn’t really, something went wrong in the process. Probably due to that infection. It’s kind of hard to say when that really even got in my body. This is a long answer to your question, but for a minute there, it was getting scary." Ambrose revealed. "By the time I got that second surgery, it was March I think. My arm was so shrunken and skeletal that it was weird. I hadn’t been able to move it or flex it in so long that I was starting to get scared I wasn’t ever going to get it back. To go from not being able to eat my Froot Loops, to being able to get back in the ring and throw people around and throw punches and do everything back to normal, it was a very gratifying feeling."

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Kalisto posted:

“It was in the middle of 2011, I was on tour in Mexico and I had so many dates up ahead but everything just came to a stop because I did this crazy backflip double rotation and I guess I over-rotated and I landed on the barricade. Thank god that stopped my fall. I mean, if I hit the ground, I would have been dead because nobody caught me.

“I ended up staying in Mexico for about two and a half months. I was diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome. I always tell everybody this… it’s like being drunk day and night non-stop — it was so annoying. Even sleeping, it just felt like the whole room was spinning around.”

“It was so annoying. Throwing up, unable to go to the bathroom…”

“I went back to Chicago, my mom was so scared she ended up having a heart attack.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlVlQbios4M

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So when are we getting the Dean Ambrose butt video?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

That's horrible and terrifying but I laughed at the whiny "no maaaaaaaames" as soon as Kalisto hit the barricade.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dean's bit is a good reminder for everyone that asks "why don't you just get the surgery instead of trying to rehab it" when it comes to surgical procedures. poo poo can go wrong and it can go south real fast.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

IcePhoenix posted:

Dean's bit is a good reminder for everyone that asks "why don't you just get the surgery instead of trying to rehab it" when it comes to surgical procedures. poo poo can go wrong and it can go south real fast.

post that story in the baseball threads every time someone gets angry a pitcher isn't defying a doctor's opinion against getting their arm cut open.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

Titus knows how to dress himself, too.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Endless Mike posted:

Titus knows how to dress himself, too.

That's because Titus is cool and good also.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

That's because Titus is cool and good also.

Yeah he is. WWE doesn't deserve him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Titus is too good of a person for WWE

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Awwww I was just about the post the Dean article my local paper has because Raw (ugh) is having a house show tonight at the nearby arena. But yeah holy poo poo Dean went through hell.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Accident Underwater posted:

post that story in the baseball threads every time someone gets angry a pitcher isn't defying a doctor's opinion against getting their arm cut open.

I'm just gonna post it now, good idea

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/TOKSFALE/status/1040193784846249984

Interesting.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_jqQHiBF2Y[/youtube]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well I was hoping that Finn might leave WWE when his contract was up, but I guess that's impossible now.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Staph doesn't gently caress around. I'm on lifelong anticoagulation medication, and until June, I was doing twice-daily injections of enoxaparin (since I had failed warfarin and Xarelto, had clotting events while on both of them). An injection site in my belly got badly infected with staph, requiring emergency surgery to drain more than 150cc of poo poo out of me (the post-surgery wound was about the width of two golf balls, and maybe 3-4cm deep). And then the antibiotics they had me on in the hospital caused renal failure.

Shitshow all around.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I guess that explains why Deany had such garbage looking punches by the end there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Two things:

1. This makes Dean coming back jacked that much more impressive.

2. I can't imagine what Renee was going through while that was going on.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Usually I'd say that Roque news would mean Fale going to WWE but I think Fale knows enough that he'd be dead in the water in WWE even its booking was good. He has his New Japan spot cause of his size and the minute he stands next to Braun that's gone

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Usually I'd say that Roque news would mean Fale going to WWE but I think Fale knows enough that he'd be dead in the water in WWE even its booking was good. He has his New Japan spot cause of his size and the minute he stands next to Braun that's gone

WWE would buy the entire Haku dynasty to say they had another legendary wrestling family the entire time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Your Parents posted:

WWE would buy the entire Haku dynasty to say they had another legendary wrestling family the entire time

They made an offer for all of the original Bullet Club at some point as far as I understand, it's just that for Fale it probably is not the best idea given his size is nothing special in the WWE. Also he lives in New Zealand so WWE travel would super awful for him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ftfy

e: lol woods: i feel like jeff is going to do something real dumb this sunday

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 14, 2018

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ftfy

e: lol woods: i feel like jeff is going to do something real dumb this sunday

He's gonna do a Swanton Bomb of the top of the cage through the announcer's table and then poof into a cloud of neon face paint.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1040651086489640961

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
wwe is dying due to steph infection

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MotU posted:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MotU posted:

:perfect:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MotU posted:

*mouth slowly curls into what could be considered a smile, with all the authenticity and realism of a Disney animatronic President*

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

MotU posted:

:vince:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

i love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU