Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Good call. Just got home in a 2015. Serial Ford buyer now I guess.
You need to fix your hosting. The pics aren't loading for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

The sun finally came out today.

Doctor Dogballs fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 13, 2018

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Terminator floored it in front of the apartment. Sounded good.

That's all.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
This is the nastiest 2v sound I have heard in a while... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV3fGSNzHc4

but nothing beats the original Snakebite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzMbH2L3L24

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Stole this from reddit but are these grill lights cool? I kinda like/want something like them. The only thing I miss from pre-S550 mustangs is those sweet rear end lights, but I don’t know if the round blends well with the new headlights.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I like em. I think it'd be just as cool with more narrow rectangular lights too though.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
looking at that one picture, I kinda like the round lights in the grill.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
No. Just no. I know its a retro callback thing but no.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yes, but only because of ilkhans reaction.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Just moved and no longer have a garage to park my convertible in. Does anyone have a car cover that they can recommend?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Cage posted:

Yes, but only because of ilkhans reaction.

I don't like it either, but don't want to agree with ilkhan. :confuoot:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Get the triangle ones? Don't know if thats a whole new grill or not though, probably is.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I don't mind the ones in the grill but you need to remove the OEM ones if you leave them because why do you need 2 sets of fog lights????

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Get the triangle ones? Don't know if thats a whole new grill or not though, probably is.

yes definitely this

Rex-Goliath posted:

Just moved and no longer have a garage to park my convertible in. Does anyone have a car cover that they can recommend?

Dont buy a $300 cover. even if it has a 10 year warranty. The elements will just destroy a cover, the heat will melt the elasticity, the sun will fade parts of it (even if its UV protected), the fabric will thin over parts that stretch it (like the side mirrors.) When you get to call in for a warranty replacement they will fight you.

Also no matter what you buy, it will not be 100% water proof, they all breath, so you will be some dirty-ness on your car over time.

Invest in some car cover clips and use a bungie cord or something to hold the fabric together near the wheels. that will stop the wind from blowing it off.
make sure the cable in the middle of the cover is on tight, wind will make it rub on your side skirts and you will bet scratches.

Honestly get the cheapest but most heavy cover you can get, use it for a year or two then replace. They will be like $60.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Just make sure that both the car and the cover are absolutely spotless before putting it on. There are few things that can mess up paint like car covers do.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Cage posted:

You mean the RTR ones?

E: this?

Rolo fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 14, 2018

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Rolo posted:

You mean the RTR ones?

E: this?

Ehhhhhh

I don't think any of them really look good on S550's.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

opengl128 posted:

Ehhhhhh

I don't think any of them really look good on S550's.

You're just jealous you don't have diamonds in yo grill.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Lights behind grills are forever awesome so just do whatever makes ya happy man.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'm looking at CJ Pony parts, and it seems like all of the midpipes are for the v8, I don't see any for the v6. Is there a problem with using the bigger brothers exhaust on my v6?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I got a service engine light on my car after stalling. It mocks me. :mad:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cage posted:

I got a service engine light on my car after stalling. It mocks me. :mad:

what codes is it throwing? also, if you get one of those bluetooth odb2 adapters you can get the pre-warning info.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
P0506 I think, I dunno I cleared it and its been fine. I just think its funny that stalling your engine could trip it.

quote:

In this case, the P0506 DTC (diagnostic trouble code) is triggered when the PCM (powertrain control module) detects an engine idle speed that is lower than the desired (pre-programmed) RPM.

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 8, 2018

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
your car just needs a little preventative maintenance.

I would just get ready to replace your IAC, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n00Coy0POlQ
and clean out the butterfly flap thingy in the throttle body. http://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/p0505-p0506-idle-fluctuation-ford/

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So what's the average life span on the i4 turbos? Do they have a major service like, uh, bearings or pulleys or anything that happens in addition to their total replacement? I've never owned a forced induction car, and I dont know what these ultra modern ones are like, or what it means now that they're aging.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
If you are talking specifically about the turbo then you don't really need to worry. Unless you suck in something through the intake or push so much boost you blow out the seals the turbo will outlive the engine.

The rest of the engine on the otherhand seems to have some teething issues. Bad low pressure fuel sensors, purge valves, leaking timing covers.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The turbo needing to be replaced within the life of the engine was my specific question, but than you for the additional information; are these issues that would make themselves known in the first 30k, 60k etc, or could they show up whenever?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Most tend to show up within the first year of use, milage doesn't really seem to matter. Ford knows about these issues and has been updating the new cars with better sensors and parts along the way.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I gotta take my mustang in for a rear wheel bearing, it's under warranty and all so I'm not really bent out of shape about it. I'm just wondering if they're going to replace it with a Ford part of an aftermarket part.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I feel like all they would use would be genuine motorcraft parts.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The dealer is going to use ford parts. They may or may not be outsourced from one of the big replacement part multinational corporations same as an autozone part.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Alright cool. I just don't want to end up with a roadtech or some bullshit like that.

I used to deliver parts when I was in welding school and would take parts to dealerships, usually it was body filler and sandpaper/other body shop stuff, sometimes parts though.

E: my brother had an extended warranty on his wrangler and when he took it in for a power steering pump they wanted to put a reman pump on it. He had to fight with them to get a new one.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

^ Sounds like Chrysler.txt

For a recall, they're using OEM for sure. Same with any other stuff they install for the most part.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
If you've got an ecoboost mustang, just replace the lowside fuel pressure sensor now with the updated part. Some of the failure scenarios are really bad - mine failed where it just read straight 0psi but some are giving actual incorrect readings which can be catastrophic under boost. Many times you don't even get a check engine light so you don't know that anything's wrong. I found out when my tuner sent out a message saying that he noticed people starting to have these issues and when I pulled up the gauge that's where i saw mine was dead. There was a stored code but no CEL.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

H2SO4 posted:

If you've got an ecoboost mustang, just replace the lowside fuel pressure sensor now with the updated part. Some of the failure scenarios are really bad - mine failed where it just read straight 0psi but some are giving actual incorrect readings which can be catastrophic under boost. Many times you don't even get a check engine light so you don't know that anything's wrong. I found out when my tuner sent out a message saying that he noticed people starting to have these issues and when I pulled up the gauge that's where i saw mine was dead. There was a stored code but no CEL.

Thanks for the heads up

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I'm kicking the idea around of picking up a 15-17 GT. Found a 16 PP, cloth recaros, manual, 16k miles listed at 24,500. That seem like a reasonable price? Pricing across facebook, CL, and dealers has some WILD variance for these cars.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

PaintVagrant posted:

I'm kicking the idea around of picking up a 15-17 GT. Found a 16 PP, cloth recaros, manual, 16k miles listed at 24,500. That seem like a reasonable price? Pricing across facebook, CL, and dealers has some WILD variance for these cars.

I think that’s a good price, I have a similar 16 and the KBB value fluctuates thousands of dollars depending on how I’m holding my mouth when I hit the button.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Here's a video with some pictures and clips over the last couple years of my supercharged cobra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyYOSK68gl0

And then here's some clips of it after the built engine and cams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db9zHALGl4Y

getting sad about it being so cold lately, I didn't get to drive it as much as I wanted this year.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

JQADDINGMACHINE posted:

Here's a video with some pictures and clips over the last couple years of my supercharged cobra:

getting sad about it being so cold lately, I didn't get to drive it as much as I wanted this year.

NICE!!!!! I seriously need to super charge my car! I have been dropping hints constantly to my wife for the last 4 or 5 months that I am gonna do it before I goto American Muscle 2019 car show again.
I hardly drive my car at all, this year, I drove it a lot! I am pretty much set on a procharger stage 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

JQADDINGMACHINE posted:

This makes the best noises.