Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

what

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1039686169179480064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Yeah sure I'm down with that stip

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
That's win-win for Okada, honestly

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I’m all for it if this means when Tana beats Kenny he gets Page along with the belt.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
hahahaha oh my god I hope Tanahashi's Home For Wayward Midcarders really becomes a thing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

But if Tanahashi has his own stable what happens to coach and Taguchi Japan?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I can't believe we're getting a YOSHI-HASHI On A Pole match

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hi I'm tanahashi and I have DirecTV. And I'm YOSHI-HASHI and I have cable

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jesus Tana, you could have anyone in Chaos. You could have Ospreay, you could have had Ishii but no you went for the guy who sleeps in his car and always smells of gin.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Sleeping in their car and always smelling like booze? That sounds like a wayward mid-carder to me.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i didn't see anyone post it, but this popped up on youtube. lots of feels and good feelings from seeing shibata doing well.

https://youtu.be/25jrxw-E4yI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I love New Japan

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

But if Tanahashi has his own stable what happens to coach and Taguchi Japan?

Tanahashi stable is club, Taguchi Japan is country.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Jesus Tana, you could have anyone in Chaos. You could have Ospreay, you could have had Ishii but no you went for the guy who sleeps in his car and always smells of gin.

Clearly, Tanahashi likes a challenge.

edit: Just watched the Shibata/LA Dojo documentary, and it's great to see him doing so well.

Takuan fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 12, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Plane tickets booked and I have my spot in the fan club presale lottery. The next two weeks waiting for the presale dates to end to find out where my tickets are will be excruciating, but at this point I know we'll be making the trip to Tokyo this year and thinking about it actually happening is blowing my mind. I love wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why can't NJPW sell seats like normal people? Even the Rocky Romero video where he buys tickets filled me with fuckin anxiety.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It really is mind boggling. I just wanna click the little spot on a chart where my butt's gonna go!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm under the impression they sell them like normal people do in Japan

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Gumball Gumption posted:

Japan was Never Good

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yep. Any complaints about NJPW selling tickets this way is from somebody who hasn’t tried to get concert tickets here. It’s unreal how complex some acts or venues can make it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Double post but Fale sat down for an interview. Kayfabe is kayfabe, but it sounds like the BC Is Not Fine.

https://www.njpw1972.com/35329

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

harperdc posted:

BC Is Not Fine.
Huge, if true.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Found the perfect tweet to show the peak horror of Inoki-ism

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/907244122536374272

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I would watch that

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What's going on with NJPW's Twitter account?

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1040534711091650560?s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is that too chipper or something? i can't figure out what's wrong

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Pretty amazing to see a wrestling company that doesn't have complete contempt for its fans.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
New Japan on the success of their product: "Hey we think we put on a pretty good wrestling show and we're glad you guys enjoy it! Thanks for watching, make sure to catch the next one!"

WWE on the success of their product: "LONGEST RUNNING WEEKLY EPISODIC TELEVISION SHOW 200 MILLION PAY PER VIEW BUYS 70 MILLION NETWORK SUBSCRIBERS #1 TRENDING ON 8430 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS JOHN CENA 74,394 MAKE-A-WISHES FULFILLED ROMAN REIGNS 6 BILLION DOLLARS IN T-SHIRT SALES DID YOU KNOW THE ROCK USED TO WORK FOR US"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Is that too chipper or something? i can't figure out what's wrong

It used to be very dry and matter of fact so it's a huge shift. It's taken on a more conversational tone over the past few days. They've got a weekly English YouTube program too now so I think it's a change in social media policy.

Also OTT are doing KUSHIDA vs Ishii

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It used to be very dry and matter of fact so it's a huge shift. It's taken on a more conversational tone over the past few days. They've got a weekly English YouTube program too now so I think it's a change in social media policy.

Tanahashi adopted the social media team

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

nah, it's most likely they hired a native English speaker/writer to run the account. That's the simplest answer to it -- you don't need a native speaker/writer to produce super dry and straightforward content (just need to get a simple idea across), but things like this are signs of somebody native-level (whether Japanese or foreigner).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let Chuckie T run the account

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Awww, thanks New Japan. I like to think I do too. :keke:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

mother of god

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

harperdc posted:

nah, it's most likely they hired a native English speaker/writer to run the account. That's the simplest answer to it -- you don't need a native speaker/writer to produce super dry and straightforward content (just need to get a simple idea across), but things like this are signs of somebody native-level (whether Japanese or foreigner).

I think hiring a native English speaker is still indicative of a change in social media direction.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

They have certainly been different in their twitter presence as far as pictures from the shows go. I mean, those also all used to be serious pics, but now, well,
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1040435004403146753

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
An office person named "Terry" is doing their social media now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

An office person named "Terry" is doing their social media now.

BROTHER

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

ty for notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i like terry.