Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

lol

e: :69snypa:

Marijuana fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why is there a purple spaghetti griffin climbing on the Sears Tower?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
ALOY

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why is there a purple spaghetti griffin climbing on the Sears Tower?

How else are you gonna hump it?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Since GM's editor cobbled this together and it's Raya Golden's work why does it have Martin's brand on it and not "Edited by Anne Groell" in giganterous font?

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Whose name do you think will sell more books?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Marijuana posted:

Whose name do you think will sell more books?

None?

edit: all wild cards books have that huge GRRM on the cover and AFAIK they aint exactly best sellers

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
still sellin more than they would otherwise

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Everyone at this point who buys a book with GRRM's name on the cover is just looking to spank it to some twincest and pear-shaped men.

Wolf Pussy
Jul 7, 2016

by R. Dieovich
https://twitter.com/clickhole/status/1040268893170925569?s=21

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I thought Dany burned all the crones

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dany's been stuck in that field making GBS threads her guts out for creeping up on a decade now. I'd say Jo's well within her rights to make the call by now.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl posted:

I thought Dany burned all the crones

hey oooohhhhhh!

that's why she has the Crone's Diease

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

Dany's been stuck in that field making GBS threads her guts out for creeping up on a decade now. I'd say Jo's well within her rights to make the call by now.

To be fair she doesn't actually say she has chrones - just that she is suffering from the symptoms commonly associated with it. But you know - click bait title.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm incapable of looking at anything GRRM without assigning sexual implications to everything. monster? space pubes. star port? clearly that womans vagina. or a space vagina. aliens? clearly incestuous offspring of space pub. woman? red head who lusts for the author her father some guy who died tragically.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

kcroy posted:

To be fair she doesn't actually say she has chrones - just that she is suffering from the symptoms commonly associated with it. But you know - click bait title.

its clickhole

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

kcroy posted:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

kcroy posted:

:allears:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

thread never fails to deliver even after all this time

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

drat u all. drat u to hell.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

kcroy posted:

GOT EM

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

kcroy posted:

I'm incapable of looking at anything GRRM without assigning sexual implications to everything. monster? space pubes. star port? clearly that womans vagina. or a space vagina. aliens? clearly incestuous offspring of space pub. woman? red head who lusts for the author her father some guy who died tragically.

There is literally cum everywhere in that picture.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://youtu.be/9YeCpHoy9EQ?t=1569

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

You had me at cunk

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

kcroy posted:

You had me at cunk

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!

So GRRM's into hentai now?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

font color sea posted:

So GRRM's into hentai now?

This is the “creepy sex stories written by a fat weirdo” thread. Hentai is refreshingly quaint in comparison.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I hope that’s what you spent on that

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I'm Mister Meesqueaks! Look over here!

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

The makers of Seamonkeys should sue him for stealing their likenesses.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
I'm going to sue them for using my alien drawing I made in the first grade.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

took me a while to realize that was a door stop.

I deleted my google history, and I guess youtube is confused about who I am. They suggested some GOT clips. Whatever. So I rewatched a few arya scenes, and it really bothers me how bad assed she is. She never should have been able to keep up with Brienne. She never should have survived the Waif. And what was that "I'm the only one who can fight in the dark" thing with the candle? If they really wanted to give her an edge over the waif - it should have been some warging poo poo. I heard a good theory that the waif killed her, and took her face - which is about the only thing that makes sense. I'm sure that _isn't_ what happens, if only because Arya is 100% plot armor. But there is certainly room for that interpretation, especially with the candle going out, and not seeing who survived the fight.

Anyway, look at this poo poo scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrlG9Ri3VAY

Truly a girl is no one
No, I'm Arya Stark and I'm going home

Then he gives that like... semi approving smile?

ARYA "Oh hi, thanks for training me in your death cult ways, which I somehow mastered all of in like.. 2 years. I'll be leaving now"
SYRIO: "I am annoyed, but then slowly impressed with your gumption! Please leave with our blessing to abuse our religions teachings"
<a pair of deadman's hands rise up from the water and start slow clapping, turning into exciting clapping, while all dead faces begin chanting aryas name>

Although in the vein of Hodor = Hold the Door, maybe Arya = "Are ya?" as in "Who Are ya?" Are ya Arya or are ya the waif or Arya: The Waif? I don't know, kill me for talking about the book. well the show. I guess its ok since it's the show.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been trying to find a PDF of Starport, just to see how bad it is, and confirm the creepiness that I automatically impart to the GRRM. I've been pretty unsuccessful, I'm not sure anyone gave enough of a gently caress to pirate this thing. What I did find though was interesting.

A listing of items stored at the Cushing Library from the GRRM collection. 10 Boxes of Wildcards material!!!11
http://archon.library.tamu.edu/index.php?p=collections/findingaid&id=86&q=George+RR+Martin

edit: Oh look he wrote a book called "Meathouse Man" that has corpse brothels in it. Here, hear how many "lemoncakes" each of these forum fans ranked the book. I cringed my way out after 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clu1k60IYBY

quote:

Box 25
Hat (Greek sailor's cap), belonging to George R.R. Martin, undated.

A Chat with Feist and GRRM
https://www.labarriera.net/forum/index.php?/topic/1779-in-chat-with-george-rr-martin-raymond-e-feist/

This bit is loving golden.

quote:

REFeist: OK, George, here's how to finish the forth volume . .
REFeist: Put To Be Continued where you are, then start volume 5.

grrm: ack! no, no, that's just what I've been trying to avoid...
grrm: though some days I do get tempted

And just for some warm feels - a forum argument about how hard GRRM is working on the next book.
https://forum.malazanempire.com/topic/18811-some-things-i-picked-off-grr-martin-blog/page__st__200

kcroy fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 17, 2018

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

kcroy posted:

took me a while to realize that was a door stop.

I deleted my google history, and I guess youtube is confused about who I am. They suggested some GOT clips. Whatever. So I rewatched a few arya scenes, and it really bothers me how bad assed she is. She never should have been able to keep up with Brienne. She never should have survived the Waif. And what was that "I'm the only one who can fight in the dark" thing with the candle? If they really wanted to give her an edge over the waif - it should have been some warging poo poo. I heard a good theory that the waif killed her, and took her face - which is about the only thing that makes sense. I'm sure that _isn't_ what happens, if only because Arya is 100% plot armor. But there is certainly room for that interpretation, especially with the candle going out, and not seeing who survived the fight.

Anyway, look at this poo poo scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrlG9Ri3VAY

Truly a girl is no one
No, I'm Arya Stark and I'm going home

Then he gives that like... semi approving smile?

ARYA "Oh hi, thanks for training me in your death cult ways, which I somehow mastered all of in like.. 2 years. I'll be leaving now"
SYRIO: "I am annoyed, but then slowly impressed with your gumption! Please leave with our blessing to abuse our religions teachings"
<a pair of deadman's hands rise up from the water and start slow clapping, turning into exciting clapping, while all dead faces begin chanting aryas name>

Although in the vein of Hodor = Hold the Door, maybe Arya = "Are ya?" as in "Who Are ya?" Are ya Arya or are ya the waif or Arya: The Waif? I don't know, kill me for talking about the book. well the show. I guess its ok since it's the show.

How much input has GRRM had in the making of the TV series for all the post-ADWD plots?

Well I guess the first question is does anyone know or is it all assumption. There’s a lot of cut for TV content like Big Kevan Lannister but with things like Cat instead of Beric, Jaime not being completely spineless to Cercei, Stannis being not dead and all that could they actually diverge?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Weavered posted:

How much input has GRRM had in the making of the TV series for all the post-ADWD plots?

Well I guess the first question is does anyone know or is it all assumption. There’s a lot of cut for TV content like Big Kevan Lannister but with things like Cat instead of Beric, Jaime not being completely spineless to Cercei, Stannis being not dead and all that could they actually diverge?

Pretty sure he just gave them a general overview of where the story is going and it was up to D&D play with her arse fill in the blanks.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I met George R.R. Martin at a pub the other day. It was pretty surreal seeing him just sitting there when I walked in. The whole bar was listening to him, enchanted, as he talked about history. I later find out that was just one of many lectures that day, all started when a glance behind the bar inspired him to discuss the history of scotch whisky, and when I walked in he'd seamlessly moved onto the French Wars of Religion. As he talked about the Catholics and the Huguenots and the politiques, I understood that he was talking of us today, and the irreconcilable differences that define our world today. I could hardly leave after that. I didn't mean to be there for long, but I just had to keep listening and listening, and as the scotch was poured I lost track of time. We talked about history, about art, about poetry, and of course about sports. He made some undue remarks about footie, but we all let that pass with good humour.

At midnight, he started a song in Welsh. A good old man from Cymru joined in and soon the whole place was filled with very drunken Englishmen doing their best to sound it out along with them. As closing time neared people began leaving reluctantly, not wanting that wonderful night to end, though George just found it a pain to walk with his ankle. But I had wanted to ask him a question whole night, and this was my last chance. It was the obvious question, and George was a bit taken aback. But then he smiled and said my mama got scared, and told me I was moving in with my auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near. The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought, nah, forget it, yo home to Bel-Air! I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8, and I yelled to the cabby yo holmes smell ya later, looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

First sentence gave it away.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

kcroy posted:

And just for some warm feels - a forum argument about how hard GRRM is working on the next book.
https://forum.malazanempire.com/topic/18811-some-things-i-picked-off-grr-martin-blog/page__st__200

It wouldn't be an ASOIAF argument without Adam Whitehead (Wert) white-knighting for Martin. That guy is loving everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Anyway the end of the year is coming right up and wasn't the Targaryen book supposed to be out by then?

I guess they'd want to hype it a little in the weeks/months leading to it and yet nothing... I think we all know what that means.