Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I.N.R.I posted:

heres my impression of goldbergs commentary in the khabib vs johnson fight, currently free on youtube

joe rogan: side mounted crucifix. michael johnson is in a terrible position. khabib is a world champion grappler
goldberg: khabib nurmagamedov. 2 time sambo world champion. wearing the black shorts
joe rogan: i dont know if michael johnson can survive another 3 minutes of this. look at khabibs wrist control
goldberg: goldberg: 2 time sambo world champion. muay thai. olympic silver medalist. elite rapper

Yeah I miss him too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i remember mike goldberg

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

I.N.R.I posted:

heres my impression of goldbergs commentary in the khabib vs johnson fight, currently free on youtube

joe rogan: side mounted crucifix. michael johnson is in a terrible position. khabib is a world champion grappler
goldberg: khabib nurmagamedov. 2 time sambo world champion. wearing the black shorts
joe rogan: i dont know if michael johnson can survive another 3 minutes of this. look at khabibs wrist control
goldberg: goldberg: 2 time sambo world champion. muay thai. olympic silver medalist. elite rapper

best part is when the graphic showed that khabib had landed 69 strikes on the ground and goldy, all excited goes "wow, look at that number of strikes"

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

(silently to my self) virtually identical :(

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

LobsterMobster posted:

best part is when the graphic showed that khabib had landed 69 strikes on the ground and goldy, all excited goes "wow, look at that number of strikes"

lol

spb posted:

lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I miss Goldberg so much and anyone who thinks the ufc is better without him is full of doo doo

Is he commentating anywhere now?

Should I finally venture out and watch non ufc mma now that I’m realizing how empty feeling the ufc is right now?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Mike Goldberg commentates for some Bellator events now, splitting with Mauro, and he's still completely terrible

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Îs the fight night tonight all on FightPass? Haven't been subbed since I got back from the US, might pick it up again to watch my first primetime event since Arizona time.

Also because I'm kinda itching to binge through seasons one through thirteen (or whatever the last interesting one was) again.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Îs the fight night tonight all on FightPass? Haven't been subbed since I got back from the US, might pick it up again to watch my first primetime event since Arizona time.

Also because I'm kinda itching to binge through seasons one through thirteen (or whatever the last interesting one was) again.

UFC Moscow starts tomorrow at 10:30 AM ET on Fight Pass

Main card at 2PM ET on Fight Pass.

I can throw up a quick n bad GDT if nobody else wants dibs :-/

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

LobsterMobster posted:

I mean...I only really want to watch the top 3 fights on the main card, so...meh?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
UFC Moscow starts at 2am here and CB DOlloway is somehow the most made up name on it.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Didn’t CB Dollaway win his last fight while technically dead and being rushed out of the arena by the coroner?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Didn’t CB Dollaway win his last fight while technically dead and being rushed out of the arena by the coroner?

i remember that entire event being insane but that image of him being stretchered out looking disorientated with 'CB DOLLOWAY - WINNER' plastered across the screen is etched into my memory

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

LobsterMobster posted:

UFC Moscow starts tomorrow at 10:30 AM ET on Fight Pass

Main card at 2PM ET on Fight Pass.

Dope, thanks for the info. Guess I'm gonna resub for a couple of months

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
cb will always get respect from me because he pulled off I think to date the only Peruvian necktie in the UFC. otoh CB stands for 'Clarence Byron' so cool subs only get you so far

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

i remember that entire event being insane but that image of him being stretchered out looking disorientated with 'CB DOLLOWAY - WINNER' plastered across the screen is etched into my memory

Lol, that’s right. I remember, now. It was against Lombard. Lombard hit Dollaway in the back of the skull a few times after the bell, and CB Dollaway was triumphantly whisked away to receive emergency medical attention.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

People on here used to say that the image of Machida and Shogun, standing across from each other; one in a traditional karate stance, the other in an exaggerated Muay Thai stance, about to lunge at each other summed up MMA for them, but for me it's definitely this:

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Marching Powder posted:

Edgar / TKZ
Cerrone / Perry

That's cool.

i feel like edgar's about to get owned twice in a row but who knows with TKZ after all the injuries.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mark Hunt is more than any of us deserve.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Memento posted:

It's always classy to call people out when you are on a PED suspension

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

i feel like edgar's about to get owned twice in a row but who knows with TKZ after all the injuries.

Edgar beat Cub again.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He needed tren to throw a boomerang at a welterweight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

moscow gdt, which starts in like 15 minutes

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Skip My Posts posted:

He needed tren to throw a boomerang at a welterweight

Worth it, whatever the cost.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Werdum is less likable than Colby.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

spb posted:

lol

Memento posted:

mark hunt is literally perfect

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
also for a homophobe werdum sure does spend a lot of time calling himself daddy and discussing what parts of his body hunto can stick in his mouth

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnr2H3THOrn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I used to like werdum but he’s an annoying idiot and I’m glad he got busted.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

What happened to the Cool Werdum? The one who alpha kicked Travis Browne in the face and Edmund in the chest.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

FishBowlRobot posted:

What happened to the Cool Werdum? The one who alpha kicked Travis Browne in the face and Edmund in the chest.

I mean, he was still being a huge dickhead, it's just he was doing it to people everyone hates

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

True. I remember having that same feeling.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

also for a homophobe werdum sure does spend a lot of time calling himself daddy and discussing what parts of his body hunto can stick in his mouth

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnr2H3THOrn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Part of being a homophobe is calling everyone you disagree with a human being

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Man, remember when Travis Brown was actually kind of a thing? Weird times.

Mike Goldberg was a loving terrible commentator, but he was our terrible commentator.

CRISPYBABY posted:

Even when he was great his paper record didn't look that great because he spent so much time getting fat and doing silly fights.

BJ is like the ultimate eye test fighter/ 'dont watch fights' litmus test because how insanely good he was in his prime doesn't necessarily show up in his record but goddamn he could put a murdering on people.

That title run at lightweight was loving insane. You watch those fights, and you can barely believe him and his opponent are in the same sport. The Stevenson, Sherk and Sanchez fights are basically perfect performances.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Snowman_McK posted:

Man, remember when Travis Brown was actually kind of a thing?

This man was truly ahead of his time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You'd be sad too if somebody slapped chewed up bubblegum on either side of your head.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

You'd be sad too if somebody slapped chewed up bubblegum on either side of your head.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Travis Browne never mattered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KjSrnZRg6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol

• Locked thread