Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
For now my vote shall remain on E+ however because I am not convinced of E+'s truthfulness at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I am heading out for a bit but I should be able to stay current via my phone.

If anyone can see any good reason why my suspicions are wrong please by all means help me see my folly.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

to clarify, we can't rule out that IP's action wasn't messed with, so until IP comes in to have a word then I'll withhold my vote (but I would vote IP in absence of a solid defense)

I do believe Sal's soft claim and see no good reason not to evolve Sal.

IP has already made multiple posts on it, and its a really weak defense / scum mindset in my opinion:

IcePhoenix posted:

Denying visiting you doesn't help us move forward. Breaking holes in your claims without the need for others to claim does.

To me, the "correct" and towny way to deal with someone accusing you of visiting someone that died is not like this. Like, you have to believe that scum isn't going to just invent a result on you on Day 2. People are always suspicious of that gambit for some reason but its super rare in practice. You've gotta think its a townie whose result got messed with, so even if you don't want to claim you could say something like "I didn't visit AA" or "Yes, I visited AA but I don't have a killing role, so it must have been a Ninja" or something. In a role madness game its not revealing much to say something like this when you've just been accused of a killing action. IcePhoenix has not handled his defense in a towny way at all. IP is caught scum.

DB did you not read his posts? Saying "so until IP comes in to have a word" doesn't make any sense to me. Why don't you comment on what he actually said?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DB/IS/E+ scumbros

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

Not claiming lunch bomb is bad and wrong, I'm not going to hammer myself when 5 mins is enough time to lunch scum.

For the same reason E+ is defending them self I would say that defense could equally apply to IP

Claiming lunch bomb at T-5 min is almost as bad as not claiming it.

Yesterday evening 5 minutes was absolute/y not enough to lunch someone else.

This feels like flailing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Slamburger posted:

IP has already made multiple posts on it, and its a really weak defense / scum mindset in my opinion:

To me, the "correct" and towny way to deal with someone accusing you of visiting someone that died is not like this. Like, you have to believe that scum isn't going to just invent a result on you on Day 2. People are always suspicious of that gambit for some reason but its super rare in practice. You've gotta think its a townie whose result got messed with, so even if you don't want to claim you could say something like "I didn't visit AA" or "Yes, I visited AA but I don't have a killing role, so it must have been a Ninja" or something. In a role madness game its not revealing much to say something like this when you've just been accused of a killing action. IcePhoenix has not handled his defense in a towny way at all. IP is caught scum.

DB did you not read his posts? Saying "so until IP comes in to have a word" doesn't make any sense to me. Why don't you comment on what he actually said?

That's my biggest issue. He just acted like sal had to be scum. There are several other legitimate excuses if you're town.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Also re: DB. At first I thought he brought up the possibility of E+ being roleblocked because he succesfully read my metronome.

If he hasn't figured out that E+ was jailed yesterday, then bringing up the roleblock does feel odd. Not necessarily scummy, but odd.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Case on Humalong:

He posts a whole lot of game commentary and very few actual reads.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Now that jokephase is winding down I’ll keep an eye out, though. Last time I let someone skate for joking about their role/alignment during jokephase they turned out to be lurking scum filth that killed me n2.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Don't help their case then. There's some info in the last 200 or so posts, I promise. You could find a lead! If you think GGN is town, then take a look at who is pushing her and see if they've said anything that pings your radar. That's what I'm about to do.

Mr. Humalong posted:

No I mean like give some reasons. Your post looks like a policy vote someone would make an hour after the game started. I just reread DB about 30 minutes ago and some of it looked scummy but I always think DB is scummy so I'm inclined to stay neutral right now. His vote on GGN is bad but it was the second vote and he at least gave a reason for it beyond "gut read". I'll give him an iota of credit for that.

His primary vote is for IS but he provides like a bare minimum of reasoning and then has these weird commentary posts about his vote that don't make sense to me. About how he regrets it and has egg on his face. Like maybe I'm just missing some context but these seem super awkward and weird to me, and I've read them in their context in the thread and I don't get it.

The whole thing reads like someone who is self-conscious about their votes, and isn't engaging with the person they are voting in any natural way.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

DB/IP/E+ scumbros

Fixed that

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I'm going to bed soon, so I'll post some thoughts on Toal and IP tomorrow. I don't have too much to add on Toal that hasn't already been brought up. The light-aligned thing might have been a slip, but maybe not. IP is just caught scum so there's not any casing needed but I do want to re-read him more thoroughly with an eye for connections.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
evolve imgay

please evolve me im cool and smart

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Slamburger posted:

Also ##evolve Sal for catching IS

No. Its wasted on me.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sal convince them to evolve me instead

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

No. Its wasted on me.

##evolve AA

Save meeee

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Slamburger posted:

I'm going to bed soon, so I'll post some thoughts on Toal and IP tomorrow. I don't have too much to add on Toal that hasn't already been brought up. The light-aligned thing might have been a slip, but maybe not. IP is just caught scum so there's not any casing needed but I do want to re-read him more thoroughly with an eye for connections.

To be fair, I gave a pretty solid and in my opinion truthful response to that 'slip' that occurred in the jokephase as my very first post after receiving roles.

Most people have a problem with me floundering around and defending someone who could be town, a big faux pas I realize now.

TBH once I start defending better players in other thread like Imgay or Hambeet they usually tell me off and remind me that town don't need friends, where GGN ignored me being questioned.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Hi my answer is last game they had scum that were 'shadow aligned' so I was joking I was light aligned. Thanks for coming to my ted talk!

Here's my response for town too lazy to fact check

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

Here's my response for town too lazy to fact check

I saw it and believed it. No one makes awkward joke phase banter like everyone ever. You're newer and much of the player pool just shifted themes.

However, it is curious. I believe anyone fussing too much about at this point is looking for something semi-tangible to avoid dealing with pretty straight forward results in on IP.

I would like to request we not lynch too fast however. I will probably die and would like to at least make a few decent cases.

I have a trashy pseudo-content game

You can participate if you want or w.e.

Describe your Pokemon's appearance. Nothing that would give it away. On a scale of 1 to 10. How close in proximity would you say your move fits your flavor? Strongest town read.

I claimed everything else. I'm gulpin, and a jailer. My move is 10 of 10 lol. Strongest town read sal.

But if I played like you all.

I'm kelp green with pouted lips, line eyes and an antennae of some sort. 10 of 10 for move to flavor. Strongest read sal. He tracked or watched a poisoner on me. I keep thinking he claimed tracker but that was pointed out as my misrepresentation.

Anyhow, I'll be posting more intermittently than usual for a shitposter like myself, but around.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##evolve imgay

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It doesn't say I can't evolve so I can't see why I'm not the best candidate in my own eyes.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just think about it for a minute.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't see how this game helps town AA.

Is this the new gambit meta?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good afternoon

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##evolve AA

Maybe itll save me :shrug:

do you know this? i'd rather evolve maybe sal if you just gunna die tonight, rather than waste an evolve.

IcePhoenix posted:

That is an incredibly fast turnaround between "I'm voting this way because of yesterday" and just flat out "well he did this" by Sal.

this is your first response to sals claim? so what did you do when you visited aa then ip? cause you aren't saying you didn't

on page 17 sorry if this was answered earlier

why

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Epsilon Plus posted:

lmao I forgot to use my (lovely, worthless) night action, which is okay, because it's lovely and worthless

Epsilon Plus posted:

my reasoning is that I'm mildly salty that I only get my own personal scumhunter skillset in a role madness game

no I can still submit a night action, I can even target it! it just... does nothing

do I think not having Splash as my ability would be significant? do I think no longer being defacto-vanilla would be significant? yes

why would you want to use an action that does nothing except clutter up night phase?

what do you think of the sal and ip stuff?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IcePhoenix posted:

One of these wouldn't show anyone else who may have visited :thunk:

Anyway I'm out with friends for the night but I'm not a fan of the sal/aa combo with more holes than swiss cheese

what exactly bugs you about aa? the only reason i can think of for him to claim poison is to get the evolve, which is possible but pretty unlikely and very risky for scum. also i'm interested that you haven't claimed yourself yet given sal saw you visit aa.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Dick Bastardly posted:

to clarify, we can't rule out that IP's action wasn't messed with, so until IP comes in to have a word then I'll withhold my vote (but I would vote IP in absence of a solid defense)

I do believe Sal's soft claim and see no good reason not to evolve Sal.

i've not been suss of db until this post.

ip posted and said nothing except throw shade on sal, didn't claim, didn't say he visited someone else. these are not the actions of an innocent man imo.

epsilon stuff could possibly be an attempt to draw votes away from scum poisoner

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Atomic Soda posted:

i've not been suss of db until this post.

ip posted and said nothing except throw shade on sal, didn't claim, didn't say he visited someone else. these are not the actions of an innocent man imo.

epsilon stuff could possibly be an attempt to draw votes away from scum poisoner

It's hard to argue with this and I am inclined to vote IP as I've mentioned before. We have plenty of time yet before deadline so I don't see how my refusal to participate in a turbo makes me scummy, but ok.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat bro, DQ11 just got dark.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

imgay posted:

drat bro, DQ11 just got dark.

:yeah:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
But also maybe post some relevant stuff too?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DB, are you really a lynch bomb?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or was that just a gambit since you feared your own mortality

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

imgay posted:

DB, are you really a lynch bomb?

Yes.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While I have you here, since I'm micromanaging this dumb roullete minigame. Can you elaborate your feelings on Hal?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like do you feel like hes a goodie or a baddie?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

imgay posted:

or was that just a gambit since you feared your own mortality

There was fear. My PM says I'm a Voltorb and I like to explode.

What kind of sick game is this where I could evolve into some kind of super bomb or something? Doesn't seem to healthy for town I must admit, but alas, role madness.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
me personally i think hal is just hollow, a shell of a man who doesn't want to invest effort, and will pretend to show effort with a miasma of articulation that will be undercooked.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

imgay posted:

Like do you feel like hes a goodie or a baddie?

I don't know if Hal's tunneling me out of nowhere is scum Hal or town Hal, but I will say Hal is lackluster so far as scum hunting goes imo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm a hilarious and easy target for lunch D1 it's well known. It is written.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why does it take you so long to come up with that post what the heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i can make like 3 well thought out posts in the time yyou take to make one.

• Locked thread