Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

RZApublican posted:

Who do they have booking Impact?

Callis, Scott D'amore, Abyss, Gail Kim, Sonjay Dutt and Jimmy Jacobs is what I've heard throughout assorted interviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

This is what happens when you let inmates run the asylum. Good product.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Their booking team has their own strengths, and it's kind of refreshing to see them all just take their own projects and make a cohesive show instead of one man changing everything on a whim and loving the rest of the card. Callis and D'Amore are probably great bigger picture and main event bookers with all their experience, Gail Kim was the absolute peak of women's wrestling in America during the Knockouts era, Abyss and Jimmy Jacobs could book great hardcore matches and blood feuds, and Dutt can book the X-Division.

The only thing they're really lacking now is a thriving tag-team division but the LAX/OG feud is so good I barely notice they don't even have one. They've managed to fill out their whole roster with so many unique talents and use them about as well as they can be.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WELL

Expect to hear that IMPACT is up for sale again.

And for Don Callis to focus more on whatever Jericho and Omega are doing.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
This company is cursed

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

WELL

It is the same as always. Every time TNA looks like it fiiiinally manages to turn around, everything turns to poo poo again. At least this would be one of the rare cases where it's not Dixie's, Russo's, BIschoff's or Jarrett's fault.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What just happened

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

goddammit :negative:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

rovert posted:

WELL

J-Ru can we get a toxx on this?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
No one should be surprised that a company that was losing so much money it required Anthem to fire podcast hosts to cut costs needs to be sold.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm sorry for jinxing it, friends

In hindsight I should have known the first time I had genuine enthusiasm for TNA's near future in at least a decade was a big sign it was shortlived

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The one time in years there's the faintest glimmer of hope and then the curse of TNA rears its ugly head

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

J-Ru can we get a toxx on this?

Because?

Jenkem Delivery posted:

The one time in years there's the faintest glimmer of hope and then the curse of TNA rears its ugly head

More like they have a bunch of legacy debt. They still haven't paid off Billy Corgan for example.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

rovert posted:

Because?

I'm just kidding around, of course TNA is going to TNA

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

rovert posted:

More like they have a bunch of legacy debt. They still haven't paid off Billy Corgan for example.

Welcome to NWA: Impact!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TNA is like the cursed artifact in an antique shop that keeps killing its owner and ends up back on the shelf.

Any bets on who's the next sucker to step up?

Also, Corgan wasn't paid off as part of the acquisition? I vaguely recall reading that he was, but perhaps it was speculation

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 15, 2018

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Any bets on who's the next sucker to step up?

Robert Rodriguez, they'll replace it with Lucha Underground but on a network with more viewers.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Imagine thinking buying TNA is a good business decision at any point and especially in 2018

Has it ever been profitable even during the short time people here considered it good?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It honestly feels like you could take the money you would buy it with and just make a new promotion that would be moe successful. It will always have the TNA curse.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

And the stupid name

Impact wrestling isn't a great name but it's much better than hurr titties and rear end

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The only assets with value are the back catalog of videos/streaming service, the ring and whatever production equipment they may have. The TV slot is effectively worthless since Anthem owns the channel and it may not be included in the deal. The branding and trademarks are worthless. All together that's probably what $100-200k tops?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Just sell the tape libraries to WWE so they can fill in some blanks in their career retrospectives and finally let this thing die

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Also, Corgan wasn't paid off as part of the acquisition? I vaguely recall reading that he was, but perhaps it was speculation

Getting a judgment or a settlement and collecting on it are two different things. Ask Fred Goldman.

They did agree to pay Corgan off so he would drop his objections over the sale from Dixie to Anthem.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

JJ is still trying to suck the last droplets of blood from this stone, if you'll recall.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oh tna

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert when you say impact may be up for sale soon do you know if there are any interested parties or will it be the beginning of shopping it around period

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Just sell the tape libraries to WWE so they can fill in some blanks in their career retrospectives and finally let this thing die

300 new episodes of Are You Serious available only on the WWE Network!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

rovert when you say impact may be up for sale soon do you know if there are any interested parties or will it be the beginning of shopping it around period

Shopping around period.

Going by media interviews and stuff IMPACT expects to be running in the black next year.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

300 new episodes of Are You Serious available only on the WWE Network!

lol

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

rovert posted:

Going by media interviews and stuff IMPACT expects to be running in the black next year.

When's the last time TNA/Impact was profitable, a few months in 2009? And Anthem expects them to be in the black next year? Ha!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

grack posted:

When's the last time TNA/Impact was profitable, a few months in 2009? And Anthem expects them to be in the black next year? Ha!

Current ownership/management seems to realize that they're really just an indie fed that lucked into a legacy cable TV contract and they're running it as such.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

grack posted:

A few months in 2008.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/_AndrewEverett/status/1041848716662112256

https://twitter.com/_AndrewEverett/status/1041848720420216833

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Rowdy Ringsports should buy TNA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've got enough debt I'll never pay off in my lifetime, thank you

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Does that mean he's WWE-bound? Otherwise he could still keep working Impact and doing whatever else he's doing, right?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Web Jew.0 posted:

Does that mean he's WWE-bound? Otherwise he could still keep working Impact and doing whatever else he's doing, right?

His friend/mentor Jeff Hardy RT'd it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The term mentor should never be attached to Jeff Hardy

"Hmmmmmmm, I need some life/career advice... lemme call up Jeff Hardy"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Things change but expect Andrew (and a lot of other indie wrestlers) to be part of the January NXT class. I do know NXT moved on another indie wrestler this week. So the timing of Everett getting his release is interesting enough.

In addition to all that the Observer last week wrote that New Japan and WWE are interested in Killer Kross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted: