Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah, Kaitlyn/Devi sounds very not good. But maybe it's just Kaitlyn doing some moves and hitting a solid spear. Wait and see, I guess.

It sounds good if they work to their strengths and have a "mean guy match."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think you guys are being a bit harsh on that episode. It didn't have anything like Meiko/Kelly but aside from that the quality level seemed about the same as the first. Deonna/Kelly was very good, Mercedes/Raine was very good but suffered from a dead crowd, Zeuxis/Monroe was rough but at least Monroe had a whole bunch of swag and Kacy/Reina was bad but at least Kacy looks like she's developing well. It'll be interesting to see how she does against Rhea Ripley next round and Meiko/Mercedes should be absolute fire.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Zeuxis is really bad.

The wheelbarrow driver in the main event was really good.

Ninja Warrior should only ever wrestle giants and treat them like an obstacle course.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've seen some Kevita stuff on Khali's promotion. She's not terrible but hasn't been exposed to a lot of top shelf talent. She has a lot of carryover skill from being a gold medalist in wrestling but a lot of that stuff doesn't transition well into the match style WWE wants.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Last year she did like 2 scoop slams and a few tosses.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Taynara/Jessie is probably pretty bad but the rest should be decent to good.

Episode 3 will be better than episode 4. There's a couple matches the crowd just was completely dead for coming up in the next 2 weeks.

Also, you need to know how amazing Rounds 2-4 are. Outside of 1 horrible thing, its REALLY good.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Meiko Satomura is loving awesome

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LuFisto and DTU did not get along well at all.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/lufisto-professional-wrestler/dtu-never-again-updated/1855325141189937/

lufisto facebook posted:

*** The following few lines are an added note from the original text released yesterday.
DTU is now trying to make themselves look good by turning the story to their advantage. So let’s answer all those lies right now…
Yes, when I saw that flights were rerouted and changed, I tweeted United to contact me to reschedule my flight in case of a problem. It’s not a secret. It’s right there on my Twitter page!
Yes, I was concerned about my travel arrangement to the show in Guadalajara from the start and I asked them several times to confirm that it would be all because of the previous shows not respecting time at all.
Yes my cat was sick during the tour but she was taken to the vet and everything was fine. Going back to her on the scheduled day wouldn’t have made any difference as she had been taken care of.
Every promotion I work with knows that I always show up unless there would be a major emergency (like an injury or a last minute scheduled surgery like it happened in July). I also have witnesses of everything that happened!
Also, as soon as I was threatened to have my flight fully canceled and be stranded in Mexico, you bet your rear end that at this point, I didn’t want to ever see or talk to the guy from Guadalajara. I did the show in Tulancinco anyway despite what had just happened when many would’ve left at this point.
I take great pride in what I do and always make time for my fans. I answer every message I get! I have several fans from Guadalajara that I talked to on a pretty regular basis. When everything happened, I tried to make up for the bad situation by leaving them presents (shirts and pictures) but DTU decided not to pay me.
I also have so much respect for the Mexican Luchadors, it is not a secret. Joe Lider will always be one of my favorite wrestlers to work with and it is always a pleasure and an honor to be in the ring with him. My love for the Apache family is endless and it’s no secret that I want to wrestle Faby. I loved every minute I spent in the ring with Zeuxis and La Chika Tormenta this weekend and would work with them again and again. Please note that this is only about the DTU management and not its wrestlers.
Many wrestlers and luchadors (International AND Mexican) have reached out since to tell me they got screwed by DTU and that they will never go back! Apparently, it’s not the first time such a thing happens and they are now trying to cover their rear end again. Many current DTU wrestlers have also reached out to say they are ashamed of what happened, some even expressed their disgust in person before I left the venue.
I love my Mexican fans with all my heart and I think they know it. The fact that DTU is trying to sell the story as I don’t care for any of them is loving low. You have to be an rear end in a top hat, a scumbag and definitely not aware of the amazing relationship I have with all my fans around the world to be trying to sabotage this.
Now, here’s the full original story with as many details as possible that I posted yesterday. I doubt that I will comment more on the situation as I really don’t feel like focusing on the negativity.
Lu
NOW, THE ORIGINAL TEXT...
This is long but please read....
I’m back in the United States.
I should be in Guadalajara, Mexico today but things have changed… And I am livid.
On July 20th, I get a Twitter DM from Crazy Boy to book me for 3 shows in Mexico. The shows are schedule for September 11, 12 and 13. There is an Atomic Championship Wrestling/ Rogue Women Warriors show on the 15th so I need to be guaranteed that I will return as early as possible on Friday, September 14th. I also have a prior booking schedule with Beyond Wrestling on the 16th.
When it comes to ACW in Pennsylvania, I do everything that has to do with multimedia. I have the computer that runs the show, I’m in charge of the cameras and the videos therefore, I cannot miss the show no matter what. I am told that it won’t be a problem and I’ll be home in time.
I give Crazy Boy my price per match but he asks me to lower to help him since he guarantees me 3 shows. I accept. I also specify that in no way I will do extreme matches. Chairs and tables are fine but that’s it. I don’t want to deal with blood or trash from previous matches either. He says that won’t be a problem.
By August 27th, I still don’t have my flight. There are talks about me doing a AAA show but that will never come to anything. I’m stressing because I need to know my flight schedule to make sure I can respect my prior commitments. He finally reaches out to add a show on September 9th. I cancel a previous appearance so I can make it to this new event.
By September 5th, I finally get my flight info… Return is late Friday night… Not what I asked for when I accepted the booking but I’ll deal with it. So, on September 8th, I fly to Mexico. Being there for many days, he agrees to pay for the bag fees from my United Airlines flight. A fee of $32.00 each way, so $64.00.
I make it there at night, wait for my driver who I find about 45 minutes later. Avery nice gentleman. He brings me to my first hotel… A prostitute hotel where I can hear them loving, screaming, talking, loud music and dirty. But it’s all good, I won’t make a case about it and try to enjoy every minute of the trip.
I wrestle the first show on the Sunday and the match goes well as my opponent Zeuxis is pretty cool. About 1 hour later, I have to go see him for pay… I get “The house was light, I added a show for you, I can only give X amount”. I’m definitely not happy but he promises me that the three other shows will have the full pay we discussed.
Tuesday night, the show is schedule at 8:30pm… But it starts almost at 9:30pm… By the time everyone is paid, we get out of there at 1:00am. I grab him and tell him that if things are going to be that way, there will be a problem for the show on Thursday because it is in Guadalajara, which is 6 hours away from the airport in Mexico City, where he is flying me back home from. Again, I tell him that I cannot miss my flight because of ACW! He promises that we will be out of there by 11:00pm and that I will get to the airport by 6-7 max so I’ll be OK for my 9:30am flight. Ok… Let’s be positive.
As Danny Demanto, Conor Claxton and I are driving back to our hotel from Pachuca, I see messages from United Airlines online that, due to the hurricane on the US East Coast, several flights are affected, rerouted or cancelled. I asked them to reach out to see if my flight is all good. They ask for my phone number so they can call me. I tell Crazy Boy about it, that there might be an issue but that I’ll talk to them and figure things out.
The next day, as Mr. Claxton and I are having breakfast, United calls me. I ask the lady on the phone if my flight is still OK. My first flight is going to Washington DC so I’m concerned that this will cause problems. Twice in the past my flight back home to Harrisburg, PA has been cancelled once I got there because of weather issues. The airport is overflowing with passengers so flights are cancelled, delayed and whatnot. So, the lady says:
“Both your flights at this moment is still on. However, since the situation seems to be getting worse, I strongly suggest to change your flight if you want to make it back home for sure. I really cannot guarantee that Friday, this airport won’t be over flooded with passengers”.
There is one flight open for me to get back home ASAP and it is scheduled on Thursday, September 13th at 8:25am to go to Chicago. There is a long layover but with the hurricane situation, it’s the best way to go and that United will absorb all the fees to change the flight because we are talking about an issue out of my control here. So, for safety and precaution and under the recommendation of the United representative, the flight is changed at no extra cost.
I tell Crazy Boy about what just happened and that, I will have to unfortunately miss the show on Thursday. He comes to my hotel.
He tells me to leave later. I repeat what has happened with United and reminds him of my prior commitments that he knew about when I took the booking. Then, he tells me that he has a 50/50 partner for the show Thursday and that this creates problem… Ok, didn’t know about that other guy but let me call him… This is not my fault. This is not Crazy Boy’s fault… We can’t control the weather.
We can Mr. X, a good friend of his apparently. I tell him what United says and there he goes…
“I called them. Your flight is still on! You will be at that show!” and he keeps going and won’t let me place one word. Very rude.
I repeat: “Sir, yes, my flight is still on at the moment. That’s what I told you. I do not deny that. What I’m explaining is that United changed my flight as a precaution. I follow what they are saying.”
He goes: “That’s not true! I called them. Flight not cancelled! I get the e-mails because I paid!”
“Yes Sir, I know. You are not listening to me. The lady at…”
“I will cancel your flight! You lie! You will stay here! You do the show!!! You are staying here!”
At this point, I stop talking to him. I’m so upset by what is happening. He is threatening me to cancel my flights and being trapped in Mexico. He also tells Crazy Boy that he will not pay the 50% of the show he has promised and gently caress all the boys basically… Because ONE person has to return home…
At this point, Danny and Conor come to my room. I don’t want to deal with this alone.
Crazy Boys says he, as a wrestler and person, understands my situation but that he understands his friend too. “He is very angry”. I say that I totally understand too and that to help them, I will leave t-shirts and signed pictures for the people of Guadalajara. DTU can sell them and keep the money or raffle them to the fans, as they wish.
He then tells me that he will pay for the half of the other guy so there are no conflicts and that I can return home safely. He also promises that he will take care of Danny, Conor and I tomorrow money wise. “No problem, me pay friend for flight and you home. I understand. Me no more money but no problem.”
So I pack at the speed of light because I will have to jump in a cab and then a bus after the show to go to the Mexico City airport that is 3 hours away from the venue. At least, Conor will be with me to catch his flight too in the afternoon since he wasn’t booked in Guadalajara. Actually, Conor speaks with United during the day and they move his flight earlier too to make sure he makes it home too… Because of the hurricane. No extra costs.
At the show, Crazy Boy barely talks to me and the atmosphere is weird. He puts me main event right after the death match. Referee Kris Levin makes sure that there are no lights left in the ring for our match. I hear Crazy calling me paranoid and difficult because Kris is checking for me… Yes, I understand enough Spanish… I feel there is something wrong now.
I do everything he asks during this hardcore mix tag match, including chair shots and a DVD from the apron to the floor on a pile of chair. I actually have a great time with La Chika Tormenta and of course, Joe Lider who is one of my favorite opponents of all time.
Show ends.
I’m backstage all dressed up, waiting with my bag open to sign the pictures and give the t-shirts… Nothing. We go at ringside… He pays Danny as well as Conor but not what was promised. He gives us money for the cab and bus. Now Kris and Danny are coming with Conor and I which is great since we will be by ourselves in Mexico City at night.
He doesn’t pay me. Nothing.
I tell him he promised in the hotel room in front of Danny and Conor. He says “me pay ticket, no money”. I remind him that he says everything was all good and that there were no extra fees, that United changed my flight, not me. And again he says “flight not cancelled, me no money, me friend don’t pay for show tomorrow no more, you not my problem.”
I argue with him, reminding him of his promises, that his friend is an rear end in a top hat for doing what he is doing. That he is blaming me for something no one can’t control and that they knew very well that I needed to get back home for sure for the weekend. He doesn’t listen, he doesn’t care at all. I worked a main event hardcore match for nothing. What United said and did for safety and making sure I get home doesn’t matter.
I am so upset. I decide to shut up and leave. Kris does his best to calm me down. We jump in a tiny cab with the luggage on top of us and we leave.
So... Not only did he low balled me on my first show ( I was too nice here), he didn’t pay for my luggage but he also didn’t pay me for my match last night... And I had given the motherfucker a deal too... Stiffed AF!!!
All this for a weather situation that is beyond everyone’s control.
I don’t cancel shows unless necessary or for an emergency. I do what I’m told but I WILL NEVER ACCEPT BEING THREATENED for something that was approved upon taking the booking and a problem I can’t control.
No, I’m not difficult to work with. I EXPECT THAT YOU AS A PROMOTER RESPECT YOUR PROMISES that you made when I take a booking. I expect you not to LIE IN MY FACE and then change your tune. I don’t think I ask for much.
I am terribly sorry for the fans in Mexico. I love you all... But this has left a bitter taste in my mouth. This is a disgusting situation and honestly, it makes me not ever want to go back.
If you are such a shithead that you don’t care about the safety of your employees, then I don’t want to do business with you.
Don’t ever do business with DTU because they don’t give a poo poo about you!!
LuFisto

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Weird that a tour with Shlak on it would go badly. When I got to Mexico and Shlak was also there, my first thought would be "I am very safe here. It is good that I, a woman, will be treated with dignity and paid in full."

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Just watched the second episode of the MYC. So far, I don't think there's been a real breakout in this tournament like Toni Storm, Kairi Sane, and Jazzy Gabert were last year.

Of course, there's still Io Shirai waiting in the wings. I guess it was fun to watch Meiko wrestle but she's also 40-ish, I think, so I don't know how much she'll be wrestling. It seems like more of a Jushin Liger one-time thing.

Purazzo vs. Kelly

I worry that Purrazzo is technically sound but generic, like a worse Tessa Blanchard. That said, her reaction after the match seemed pretty sincere and I liked her a lot after that, so idk.

If Kelly can make her stuff look more impactful, she could be big. She's got Paige thing going on but... better? I think it's because she can really emote. She was the highlight of the episode to me.

Monroe vs. Zeuxis

Man, I hope that Monroe can learn to wrestle, because she's got a great look and seems charismatic as hell. But that match between her and Zeuxis was ROUGH. Hopefully she gets a performance center contract and can get some good coaching.

How did Zeuxis even get into the MYC? I didn't really see any redeeming qualities whatsoever in her wrestling/character/presence. I super do not want to watch her wrestle again, she sucks.

Gonzalez vs. Catanzaro

I want a Catanzaro and Candice LeRae tag team. Unfortunately, she's so tiny that she's in that Alexa Bliss territory where regardless what she does, she can't make her offense look impactful. She's also seemingly light enough that she basically doesn't make any noise on the mat even when she's being powerslammed, so that's a problem.

I think I liked Gonzalez last year but also thought she was generic. Well, she's not generic now with her ring gear (jesus christ that was awful, wtf with those cutout jeans), but I didn't realize the size she had. That's uncommon enough that I think she has a chance to be a decent midcard heel or something like that.

Martinez vs. Rayne

I was disappointed by Martinez last year. She was good but I expected her to be REALLY good, so that might've been unfair. I like her crazy hood/sleeve thing this year. I didn't know anything about Rayne except that I think she was in TNA for a while. It seemed like she was being hyped up a bunch but she's out, so maybe she got signed to NXT.

I don't have a lot to say about this one, they're both OK. The brainbuster that Rayne took looked loving nuts though, that was the top spot for the night. If that guillotine drop is Rayne's finisher, that's not good because it looked lovely and the crowd barely noticed when she did it.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I don't know any of the results, but I'm anticipating Rhea Ripley being the "breakout" of this tournament, assuming she has at least a couple more matches to show off or one more + NXT screentime. She's maybe a year and a half, two years away from being Lady Pete Dunne. But I'm also just hugely biased in favour of anyone built like a walking fridge; I'd like to see her, Otis Dozovic, and Rhyno team up.

Ashley/Madison Rayne has always sucked. She was the least-significant part of The Beautiful People in TNA—imagine a lower-budget version of standard old 'Diva' nonsense—and for the life of me I can't remember her ever having a finisher. I was surprised she was brought in just to lose in the first round, but not surprised that she was bad and the crowd didn't care. I can't imagine she's been signed and you're missing nothing by not seeing her before or not seeing her again. Makes me wonder why they didn't use Velvet Sky instead, who at least has been shown and acknowledged on WWE programming before. (Though is equally awful.)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

pressedbunny posted:

Ashley/Madison Rayne has always sucked. She was the least-significant part of The Beautiful People in TNA—imagine a lower-budget version of standard old 'Diva' nonsense—and for the life of me I can't remember her ever having a finisher. I was surprised she was brought in just to lose in the first round, but not surprised that she was bad and the crowd didn't care. I can't imagine she's been signed and you're missing nothing by not seeing her before or not seeing her again. Makes me wonder why they didn't use Velvet Sky instead, who at least has been shown and acknowledged on WWE programming before. (Though is equally awful.)

In her defence she extremely nice, well liked and professional. Why she has lasted through a million regimes at IMPACT/TNA. Not a fan of her wrestling myself. But she's an extremely reliable and safe worker. She'll give ya *1/2-**1/2 range IMPACT/Xplosion matches all day. Which is/was important for IMPACT due their bulk taping schedule.

Obviously, 2018 Mickie James is the better version of Madison Rayne.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

surf rock posted:

Just watched the second episode of the MYC. So far, I don't think there's been a real breakout in this tournament like Toni Storm, Kairi Sane, and Jazzy Gabert were last year.

Of course, there's still Io Shirai waiting in the wings. I guess it was fun to watch Meiko wrestle but she's also 40-ish, I think, so I don't know how much she'll be wrestling. It seems like more of a Jushin Liger one-time thing.

Satomura is 38, Liger is 53. She's not signing because she'd rather die than leave the joshi scene, but it's not like she's old. AJ Styles is older than her.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Aja Kong still wrestles, and she’s way older. Meiko isn’t going anywhere.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I keep telling people to wait til round 2. This tournament's round 1 was ok, but it gets REALLY good after that.

That being said, the next episode has 2 really fun matches that I enjoyed and hope everyone has a similar reaction.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Rayne was the least noticeable part of the Beautiful People because she could actually wrestle and wasn't some reject Hooters waitress that had to press her entire rear end in a top hat on a camera lens to get any reaction.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Apologize to Billy Gunn.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just saw Hana Kimura/Asuka for the Regina di WAVE. It wasn't as good as the Wrestle-1 match they had. I think Oedo Tai/Evil Hana Kimura might happen outside Stardom. My Japanese is shite but they did a bit about Hana wanting to tag with Asuka and they were talking about white Hana Kimura and black Hana Kimura.

Also Asuka uses Beyonce's "Girls (Rule the World)" as her entrance and that owns.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Satomura is less than a year older than Baszler. If WWE is going to do the Four Horsewomen thing, bringing Satomura into a joshi stable to help carry them probably wouldn't be the worst idea. But yeah, I can't imagine her future being in WWE. Still neat to see her in the tournament, though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Skjorte posted:

Satomura is less than a year older than Baszler. If WWE is going to do the Four Horsewomen thing, bringing Satomura into a joshi stable to help carry them probably wouldn't be the worst idea. But yeah, I can't imagine her future being in WWE. Still neat to see her in the tournament, though.

Yeah, I don't think Satomura would come in full time at all. She likes running Sendai Girls, and has other obligations in Japan.

Also I don't think we'll be seeing the 4HW vs 4HW feud any time soon. Marina and Jessamyn are both...for lack of a better term, very basic in the ring at best. And in the case of Marina, she still doesn't have wrestling gear from the looks of it. Dave hyped them up as future massive stars in the ring, but he started walking back those statements a few weeks ago because they haven't really improved all that much despite being in a program on the house show circuit with some of the best female wrestlers in the world with Io and Kairi.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if the NXT Japan thing plays out, expect Meiko to be a part of that.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I can't believe Satomura is so close in age to Baszler.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Posted about in another thread, but it seems like Mia Yim has signed with WWE. She's been defending the company on twitter, and making not so subtle hints about how excited she was for her future.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
More than seems.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

rovert posted:

More than seems.

Yes we chatted about it at starrcast. She's there. Sorry, Shelton.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

And married to Keith Lee now.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Wow. that Keith Lee news seems out of nowhere but congrats.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Posted about in another thread, but it seems like Mia Yim has signed with WWE. She's been defending the company on twitter, and making not so subtle hints about how excited she was for her future.

Pretty sure today was her first day.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

DM Punk posted:

Pretty sure today was her first day.

Which I'm happy for her if its true. Because I know she's wanted to sign with WWE for a pretty long time now. And she'll be a great hand to have around on NXT. I imagine in 6 months or so, this will probably be the divide between babyfaces and heels for the women's division in NXT (or at least the ones who will be featured regularly):

Faces:

- Dakota Kai
- Kairi Sane
- Mia Yim
- Candice LaRae
- Kacy Catanzaro
- Deonna Purazzo

Heels:

- Bianca Belair
- Lacey Evans
- Io Shirai
- Jessamyn Duke
- Marina Shayfir
- Vanessa Bourne

I think Nikki Cross and Shayna Baszler will probably be called up sooner rather than later, which is why they aren't on the list (I omitted NXT UK talent as well). And I put Io on the heel side, because she's said that being a heel is something she's wanted to do (but couldn't in STARDOM due to being the ace, and no one wanting to boo her, along with being heavily reliant on merch sales), and she should be the person who wins the title off of Kairi in Brooklyn during Wrestlemania weekend. There's no bigger match you can run from a women's wrestling perspective when it comes to match quality, and NXT can easily make it personal from a storyline standpoint.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 17, 2018

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Io a heel?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

DM Punk posted:

Io a heel?

Yeah. She's expressed wanting to be a heel in various interviews, but couldn't due to her being the face of STARDOM, along with her being much more reliant on merch sales at the time (merchandise is the lifeline for most joshi). Not to mention it was brought up by STARDOM and Meltzer, but she was pretty upset that she got passed over by Kairi last year for the MYC (she felt it should have been her in the spotlight, not Kairi). NXT could easily work that into an angle/storyline. And I guess her house show reactions aren't terribly strong right now either as a babyface. I dunno if part of that has to do with who she is facing (She's been facing Marina and Jessamyn in the majority of her matches), or just in general.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
She ain't a heel and there's no way NXT fans will boo Io.

lol at leaving Deonna off your list when she's on NXT TV this week and I've told people she was signed to be someone in NXT.

NXT's recruitment continues on an ongoing basis. There's a high profile indie wrestler who is due to report soon in addition to Mia Yim.

Also, you excluded two big pet projects, Rhea Ripley and Vanessa Bourne. Vanessa Bourne and Bianca Belair were signed as part of the same class as Nikki Cross. Excluding Aliyah, they are the longest signed women in NXT. Nikki obviously had more experience but even still her all her class has to show results at just after Wrestlemania time that's the end of their 3-year training contract. The end of that contract is typically when they decide to call up talent to the main roster.

There's honestly too much to factor in.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

She ain't a heel and there's no way NXT fans will boo Io.

I forgot about Bourne to be honest, and Rhea seems to be doing stuff more often in NXT UK than on NXT, which is why I omitted her. I can't remember the last time she was on NXT TV, if ever.

And yeah, people aren't going to boo Io now, but if she turns on Kairi, she'll get booed. All it takes is the right catalyst/moment. Kairi is the #1 female babyface right now in NXT.

Anyways, speaking of heels, I have a question for you, Rovert. Does WWE have any real interest in Hana Kimura? I've heard a bunch of talk about them being interested in her, but obviously she can't sign right now due to W-1. She's not AMAZING in the ring, but her character work is outstanding.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 17, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I feel like we talk about Nikki Cross being called up for the longest time. Is there a reason why she's hasn't gotten a callup yet?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

I feel like we talk about Nikki Cross being called up for the longest time. Is there a reason why she's hasn't gotten a callup yet?

I assume her feud with Bianca Belair is her write off.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Her writeoff will probably be during this next set of tapings, or the set after. Barring WWE doing something stupid and trying to run something like a Women's version of War Games, Bianca is likely going to be next in line to challenge Kairi (assuming she retains against Shayna). Probably at War Games. They'll want to give Bianca a major win to boost her into title contention, because she's likely going to fail to capture the title, and need something to fall back on when she can no longer call herself undefeated.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 17, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I feel like though since Sanity was called up she'd be called up sooner and that the Asuka match was her NXT swansong I just feel like it's been a long time since those events have happened. Anyways, waiting for MYC Wednesdays.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

I feel like though since Sanity was called up she'd be called up sooner and that the Asuka match was her NXT swansong I just feel like it's been a long time since those events have happened. Anyways, waiting for MYC Wednesdays.

I don't have much faith in Nikki Cross being handled even remotely correctly on the main roster. Since she's part of Sanity, I fully expect her to be treated just as poorly as they have on the main roster.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Vince loves splitting up real life couples, and isn't Nikki dating Dane? She'll end up on RAW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I wish the MYC didn't lean so much on "smaller woman overcomes larger woman" because I'd like to see some lady hoss-offs, dammit!

Funny how the larger/smaller dynamic is basically the opposite of how it is for male competitors.