Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

So uh, I beat Majima's sidestory in Kiwami 2 and uh... How many more games before he's fully a Dynasty Warriors character and knocking out 50 dudes in one punch?

He already did that in 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

He already did that in 0

N-No. Nnno no, re- read what I said, no. I said knocking out 50 dudes in one punch, not running a gauntlet of fifty dudes and beating all of them up including their boss too.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, they played UNIST and actually showed the tutorial screen and even went into training mode to learn/show stuff off. I really like that they're doing this. Hope this becomes the norm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ME3TLCEYw

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sounds like making animu fitan games even worse.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

Sounds like making animu fitan games even worse.

What language is this bad opinion written in, because it doesn't even make sense.

edit: also Matt is a poo poo when it comes to airdashers, he doesn't even TRY to engage. It's both amazing and infuriating.

editer: also Woolie is overcomplicating poo poo a ton while somehow forgetting to explain basic systems. It's both amazing and infuriating.

Dias fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 15, 2018

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
matt's continued heresy against loader bot is only balanced out by his resigned acceptance at loader bot treating him like poo poo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Watching Pat's Spidey streams, and woof. He's doing the Pigeon sidequest right after the end of the first act and the tonal dissonance is amazing.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Watching Pat's Spidey streams, and woof. He's doing the Pigeon sidequest right after the end of the first act and the tonal dissonance is amazing.

I knooow, it's amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh hey, I just got recommended a mother's basement video, he's one of the Best Friends Anibuddies, right? And I guess he really liked a really good show this anime season by one of my favorite manga authors, Planet With. I hope his video gets more folks to try it, it's been criminally underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBtYjXb3E5c&hd=1

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Oxxidation posted:

matt's continued heresy against loader bot is only balanced out by his resigned acceptance at loader bot treating him like poo poo

I'm glad I get to see the dialogue for treating Loader Bot badly, but he still deserves way better.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Also, what was the Pollux thing Woolie was talking about? He was talking so I was looking at my speakers and missed everything happening on screen.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

RareAcumen posted:

Also, what was the Pollux thing Woolie was talking about? He was talking so I was looking at my speakers and missed everything happening on screen.

The guy they scoop the eyes out of isn't dead, he's in suspended animation and waiting to be reanimated.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Captain Invictus posted:

oh hey, I just got recommended a mother's basement video, he's one of the Best Friends Anibuddies, right? And I guess he really liked a really good show this anime season by one of my favorite manga authors, Planet With. I hope his video gets more folks to try it, it's been criminally underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBtYjXb3E5c&hd=1

Planet With is a sleeper hit of the season for sure.

Unrelated but watching through the latest season of BoJack Horseman made me realize that Todd's intonation and voice reminds me a lot of Matt.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh from the Devil May Cry video. Pat and Woolie don't know that Dante's voice actor is different in DMC 1.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk how they can't tell even the grunts are very clearly not Langdon and Dante's voice is about eight octaves too deep in any of the cutscenes, but they are not that attentive in general so it shouldn't be too surprising.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DMC Part 9 has an absolute ALL-TIMER of a Crazy Talk moment. The stars aligned with the power of comedic timing to prove Pat wrong.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://clips.twitch.tv/GeniusEndearingGrasshopperPupper

look at that smiling motherfucker

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
"It was for the orbs."

Patrick Boivin, 2018.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mad props to Pat Team Epic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/Meganoip/status/1041884101832335360?s=19

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's insanely good

Edit: did woolie and liam stop their playthrough of nier right before that part in playthrough c, or is woolie just not uploading the next episode to keep everyone on edge

I hope liam took my suggestion to set up a camera to get the full on-camera woolie popoff reaction to that part, because there ain't no popoff like a woolie popoff.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Around the same time, he also does a really poo poo-eating grin right into the camera while saying "I'll use that to catch up on all my superman comics"

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Captain Invictus posted:

That's insanely good

Edit: did woolie and liam stop their playthrough of nier right before that part in playthrough c, or is woolie just not uploading the next episode to keep everyone on edge

I hope liam took my suggestion to set up a camera to get the full on-camera woolie popoff reaction to that part, because there ain't no popoff like a woolie popoff.

Haha, oh that would be great.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat, the man always complaining about small text on television, just realized realized 15 years later that his eye doctor wasn't lying when he said Pat's eyes are poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pat with glas ses

Pat with glas ses

Pat with glas ses

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

we already know what that looks like

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Wasnt pat talking about how he loved the visual handicap options in spider-man?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have ad block so the intro to the final DMC episode had me real confused for a bit.

Edit; episode, not game

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 21, 2018

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

hasn’t pat talking about his perfectly calibrated TV but it actually looking like poo poo to everyone else been a thing for a while

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
If Pat and Woolie don't do a full playthrough of both characters' campaigns in DMC2 they're cowards

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

If Pat and Woolie don't do a full playthrough of both characters' campaigns in DMC2 they're cowards

:hmmyes:

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

I dunno, I played DMC2 recently. It doesn't seem like it would make a very fun LP, it's boring and nothing really happens.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Stop asking for DMC2 it’s goddam boring. Like the game is so easy, you can beat it with just the guns.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 21, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Not every bad game is good LP fodder material you loving dingbats.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Play DMC2 anyway cowards

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I just want a half-hour or 45 minute one-shot where they can explain and show off exactly why they're not doing a full LP of it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Yardbomb posted:

Play DMC2 anyway cowards

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
reuben langdon's acting is a unique breed of terrible that will be sorely missed when he retires

he has exactly one emotion, "brash," and he dials it up and down as appropriate

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Yardbomb posted:

Play DMC2 anyway cowards

Play it yourself coward :colbert:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Monathin posted:

Not every bad game is good LP fodder material you loving dingbats.

They can just talk about random bullshit for most of it like they do in 90% of LPs on the channel