Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ggg threw like zero body shots....again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Vengarr posted:

it's not that wild a decision but it's definitely wrong.

Hell, same. I started googling Khabib-MacGregor as soon as the fight ended.

The two highest profile non-mayweather fights in the last five years we're both of these horseshit decisions, it's pretty loving wild

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

tesilential posted:

I think this was closer than the first one. Canelo looked like the harder puncher tonight which surprised me.

Was rooting hard for ggg but it was super close and I can see giving it to canelo.

i saw at least three occasions where canelo was struggling to stay upright and zero occasions where ggg looked even vaguely put out

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I hope teddy atlas kills someone

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

They could've at least made it a draw.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Marching Powder posted:

i saw at least three occasions where canelo was struggling to stay upright and zero occasions where ggg looked even vaguely put out

but canelos spirit, he was so strong to stay upright. thats worth more than outboxing someone

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Slaine posted:

When I heard "Dave Moretti", I knew this would happen.

he scored the fight right the first time, idk what the gently caress happened here

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Like I thought ggg won it, but my card was like 7-5, maybe 8-4. But Canelo was landing hard shots. Way closer than the first, which I thought was a clear ggg win

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

remember when floyd won every round against canelo and one judge had it a draw? lol

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

MotU posted:

but canelos spirit, he was so strong to stay upright. thats worth more than outboxing someone

motu this decision sucks bad

Andro
Jun 30, 2010
I scored the last four for GGG. Gonna rewatch it tomorrow.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

worst decision since Jeff Horn 'beat' pacman

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Zyla posted:

motu this decision sucks bad

fully aware my friend but ive been watching boxing since like 93 so ive been dead for a long time

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

thehappyprince posted:

remember when floyd won every round against canelo and one judge had it a draw? lol

now my eye is twitching

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Boxing should have no rounds you fight till you die or cant get up. Remove the judges from the equation.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Like maybe boxing is good if you just skip the three biggest money fights every year.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
What the gently caress was Roy Jones even talking about there

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

MotU posted:

fully aware my friend but ive been watching boxing since like 93 so ive been dead for a long time

i only watched tysons and the big fites in the last couple years and woof

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

Ggg has insane chin but he got hit hard. He took some of the latter rounds clearly but there were several clear rounds for canelo too.

IMO the first one being a draw was more of a robbery than this one going to canelo

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i think a lot of people (who weren't hbo commentators and clearly told to be bias) were doing that thing where they score rounds to someone because he did better than they were expecting tbh

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
that probably should have at least been a draw but i had money on canelo so, ehh? boxing sucks rear end.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

gently caress off, Golden Boy Promotions.

Wacktastical
Feb 8, 2004
I'm well versed in the HBO commentary bias and that was the first time it has ever had me actually screaming at it. It was that wild, even Roy Jones couldn't help himself, it's like they get a commission every time they do it.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Like maybe boxing is good if you just skip the three biggest money fights every year.

boxing is good if you stop being invested in it and just switch off at the final bell

(and have something else to do in the 90 minutes between fights)

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
All decisions suck, but how to remove them without making a blood sport.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I just don't see how people give the last round to Canelo. Did I miss something where you get points for getting hit in the head but not falling down.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Wacktastical posted:

I'm well versed in the HBO commentary bias and that was the first time it has ever had me actually screaming at it. It was that wild, even Roy Jones couldn't help himself, it's like they get a commission every time they do it.

they were 100% paid to do that. it's probably the most egregious i've heard, and probably why this decision won't be considered an outrage so it was money well spent.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Jack B Nimble posted:

All decisions suck, but how to remove them without making a blood sport.

If you watch like literally any other combat sport the judging in them is way way more consistent and less bought. Boxing is a racket. It's the most fraudulent sport in existence.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Wacktastical posted:

remember when paul williams got knocked out with a one punch highlight reel knock out and the hbo guys acted like they'd just watched their dog get run over

all commentators are biased now because the fighters are signed to the networks so it's in their interest to big them up. it's the same with the sky commentary when joshua fights. it ruins fights.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BWV posted:

I just don't see how people give the last round to Canelo. Did I miss something where you get points for getting hit in the head but not falling down.

GGG clinched and backpedaled a few times. He also landed like 20% of his punches in the last round.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
All of y'all having it 9-3 or 8-4 GGG are more wrong than these judges.

I had it 115-113 for GGG but there were a bunch of questionable rounds and actually this time around the 114-114 was totally reasonable, even 115-113 canelo. What IS hosed up is that apparently 2 of the judges had it draw going into round 12 and THEN gave it Canelo. THATS the messed up and lovely judging part. All of you saying it was clearly wide in favor of GGG are way more wrong than those judges. The entire first half of the fight was real close with the edge to Canelo. He put alot of 10's in the bank going into the second half.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This is boxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLt4eaMbcaw

This is what your dealing with at the olympic level imagine what's happening in vegas.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
loving boxing, I hope this time I manage to avoid you for at least a year

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gozinbulx posted:

All of y'all having it 9-3 or 8-4 GGG are more wrong than these judges.

I had it 115-113 for GGG but there were a bunch of questionable rounds and actually this time around the 114-114 was totally reasonable, even 115-113 canelo. What IS hosed up is that apparently 2 of the judges had it draw going into round 12 and THEN gave it Canelo. THATS the messed up and lovely judging part. All of you saying it was clearly wide in favor of GGG are way more wrong than those judges. The entire first half of the fight was real close with the edge to Canelo. He put alot of 10's in the bank going into the second half.

hot take, but nah

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

hot take, but nah

Wacktastical
Feb 8, 2004

Seltzer posted:

This is boxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLt4eaMbcaw

This is what your dealing with at the olympic level imagine what's happening in vegas.

"Everybody here should look at themselves and consider why this sport is considered a joke." Now that's good commentary.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

:thunk:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
6% less good than canelo checks out

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
thank god HBO will be out of boxing soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the biggest annoyance is canelo is a legit great fighter and seemingly a nice guy. he should be the natural superstar but they keep tainting him by giving him scores he doesn't deserve. let him be the good guy with a couple of defeats to the best of the best who keeps coming, not the john cena of boxing.

• Locked thread