Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Don't forget to make your predictions for Hell in a Cell by the way!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868790

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Ronda's got a new move.

But in bigger news Alexa took a real bump.

https://twitter.com/MMAthematics/status/1040971515293065217

that powerbomb looked very clean

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Take a look at this cage.

Notice how you can't make out what in the gently caress is going on in the ring because your eye is naturally drawn to the bright-red cage, instead of what's happening inside it.

Also because I finally found it, the most visible part of the match/the clusterfuck end
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/790592834718011393

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wait did you have to win by climbing out the hole in the middle? That seems ill-conceived.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol at the beginning when its zooming in i thought his feet were pigeons that had set up shop inside the impact zone

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

There shouldn't be escape options for cage matches period - it should be pinfall or submission.

The whole reason you're in the fuckin' cage is to stop the other guy from running or have his goons interfere or whatever else has been happening for the last few weeks leading up to it. Why go through the trouble of getting a cage match when they can just run from you and win? It's never made sense. And stop with the busting through the side gimmick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The no escape, no help has morphed into the HIAC now and a cage is just a way to do more damage to someone.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

The no escape, no help has morphed into the HIAC now

And even that's gotten pretty diluted. Besides New Day/Usos, when's the last HiaC match that didn't have them go outside the cage or have someone else come in?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah there's always constant interference bullshit and escapes in like the final tier of cages meant for there to never be any escapes or interference

Makes the whole thing completely pointless

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
Literally the first Hell in a Cell ever ended with an interference spot. That part of the stipulation was always meaningless.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
cages only exist for shane mcmahon to try to win the love of his father at the cost of his wellbeing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

JitteryComa posted:

Literally the first Hell in a Cell ever ended with an interference spot. That part of the stipulation was always meaningless.

for months now, people around here have tried to scrub the history of the hiac, saying it "changed" into BS. It pisses me off bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you know why mankind got thrown off the cell? Because they knew if something theatrically incredible did not happen in that match, the hell in a cell would be a lame duck. It was going to be a very very bad match after the second HIAC was a farse and the first one ended in the very concept of the match being negated. It's worse than the match contested in a large container filled with various substances, typically between two female individuals who may or may not have experience with wrestling. Substances can include anything from mud to chocolate milk. Sometimes, specialty substances are used for certain occasions e.g. gravy for Thanksgiving and egg nog for Christmas.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Didn't Van Halen or someone have a super-heavy set in the 80s that caused some arena floors to sag? They got sued over it but their rider said "our set is REALLY HEAVY make sure your floor can support that weight you morons" so they never lost.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yes hence the M&M rider in their contract as a quick way to see if the venue had actually read the thing

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
they should just put a cage around the cage. then no one can escape or interfere!

but make sure to have a referee there to open the door in case someone wants to leave

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

They did that once, and just to top it they filled the space between cages with dogs

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yes hence the M&M rider in their contract as a quick way to see if the venue had actually read the thing

I like how that is essentially tied with the McDonald's Hot Coffee Lawsuit for "things people think sound ridiculous and bullshit until you find out the context"

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It must be intense to put up and tear down those giant complicated electronic sets day in and day out

I'm sure their crew has it down to a science but seeing them fully set up and powered/lit it's kinda crazy to think about them doing it hundreds of times a year - especially when you think back to when sets were a bit of metal piping and some giant stand up letters. Now they're incredible multi screen setups that go from floor to roof. Hell even the ring posts and aprons have screens.
Honestly with how homogenized the set designs have become it's probably not that big of a deal (relatively speaking obviously.) I'd imagine it must have been much more laborious when they'd do custom PPV set designs, because they were presumably not a thing the production crew were able to assemble and disassemble in their sleep.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1041178602224709632

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

The Cameo posted:

I like how that is essentially tied with the McDonald's Hot Coffee Lawsuit for "things people think sound ridiculous and bullshit until you find out the context"

People don't understand the venue can cross things off the rider they don't or cannot provide.

Though this one rapper did ask us for Sharks fruit snacks once with only the Great White ones. It was silly but we did it and he was beyond floored. I think his name was Astronautilis?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The end of the first HIAC makes perfect sense and it owns a lot.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

There shouldn't be escape options for cage matches period - it should be pinfall or submission.

The whole reason you're in the fuckin' cage is to stop the other guy from running or have his goons interfere or whatever else has been happening for the last few weeks leading up to it. Why go through the trouble of getting a cage match when they can just run from you and win? It's never made sense. And stop with the busting through the side gimmick.
From what I understand for WWE its a byproduct that a lot of Bruno matches that involved a cage just involved Bruno leaving the cage after beating the poo poo out of his opponent

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Watching a couple of those matches made me realize what the point of the escape clause is. Iit always made Bruno look like a badass as he casually sauntered out of the ring while his opponent was laying in a pool of his own blood in the center of the ring. Shame every cage match now is people trying to flee or barely making it out first or straight up busting through the cage.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DeathChicken posted:

They did that once, and just to top it they filled the space between cages with dogs

The KENNEL FROM HELL match!

Which featured two dogs loving at one point while the handlers tried to get them off each other.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TTBF posted:

Watching a couple of those matches made me realize what the point of the escape clause is. Iit always made Bruno look like a badass as he casually sauntered out of the ring while his opponent was laying in a pool of his own blood in the center of the ring. Shame every cage match now is people trying to flee or barely making it out first or straight up busting through the cage.

This is why Roman whining about that stupid cage match for months wrung so hollow to me. He spent four loving months going on and on about how he was the Real Champion because he might've touched the floor two seconds before Brock did. Not because he beat Brock, but on the flimsiest technicality possible.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I predict an unexpected run-in to help Roman during the main event tonight.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Gonz posted:

I predict an unexpected run-in to help Roman during the main event tonight.

If they make the HIAC about time travel planning i could get behind such an event.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

TTBF posted:

Is it that loving hard to book Roman like that? They do such a poo poo job at booking their face of the company.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I think vinces Alzheimer's is so bad he's basically the dude from memento and that explains why WWE is obsessed with booking the same finishes to the same matches over and over again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1041162358499028992

godspeed matt

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

good riddance to the guy supporting bray "brag about cheating on my wife" wyatt

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Cavauro posted:

wasn't it with jojo?

Bad but drat

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Cavauro posted:

I hope they give Matt a producers contract or add him to creative.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's really heartbreaking that Matt's final show had to be in Corpus Christi.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sad but glad he made it out healthy for the most part. I really liked him and bray together but I’m a big bray mark anyway

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

New Day vs Rusev Day got bumped to the preshow. There is gonna be a fuckload of lovely filler on this show.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gotta make room for the 45 minute THANK YOU STEPHANIE promo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

An hour of looking at The Countdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TTBF posted:

That's the thing about most gimmick matches. They were made specifically to usually get someone over. Now they're used so frequently it just doesn't matter by the end of it. That's wwe for you I suppose.

• Locked thread