Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

SolusLunes posted:

##evolve Dancer

Now that the important stuff is out of the way, I just want to ask a single question.

Why the hell aren't we addressing the weird-as-gently caress attempted turbo on DB?

Seriously, look at that. If you don't think most of scum is in that list, lol.

absolutely a good majority of the scum is on that list, but that's not inherently unusual; the meta (unless it's changed?) is to get a kill on D1 so as to generate Discussion about who voted when and why. if there's no death D1 then that significantly reduces the amount of information available come D2

it's possible that a good number of scum jumped on turboing a fellow scumbro, knowing full well that the turbo wouldn't go off - they could rescind their vote (v. scummy but playable as town with a changed conscience), or maybe DB has a weak role as far as scum goes and knocking him off for early Town Cred would have played well. maybe scum are even able to recruit someone, somehow? lots of possibilities in a closed setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Slamburger posted:

Even that doesn't work for him since you would have seen the busdriver too since that usually counts as a visit

##unvote

well if that truly is the case then this is pretty much open and shut I think.

##vote IcePhoenix

Dancer
May 23, 2011
IP is at -3. On the one hand I'm not sure a lot more can be said, but on the other hand I don't want to give lurkers the opportunity to hide from lurkerguns. Force them to actually say something if they want to not get shot.

On a separate note, the evolve vote is currently like this:

3 - Dancer - voted by Dancer AA SolusLunes
2 - AA - voted by Sal, Humalong
1 - Sal - voted by DB
1 - imgay - voted by imgay

Now, I can be ok with AA or Sal getting the evolve (even though I obviously want it because it is really fun), but I'm bringing this up because I'd rather this was decided significantly before the deadline. If we leave it to deadline and it comes down to only one vote, we give plausible deniability to scum to guide the vote the way they want it. Like, I find it unlikely, but it's of course possible that one of AA/Sal is scum (random example: Sal decided to bus his scumbud IP hardcore to present himself as super-good and hey, guess what, suspect person DB is voting for him).

As for my, obviously biased, opinion, Sal seemed willing to vote for me once, maybe he can do it again, then it's close to settled. To balance the numbers, here, ##evolve Slam. When I think a clear leader is arising (from the people I trust, at least), I'll vote for them.

And finally, does someone intend to present a case for the shooting of Slamburger? I am currently basically decided that I won't do it (because I see his lurking in D1 as honest just... being absent because of life), but of course it's technically possible I'll be persuaded.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah sure,

##evolve AA

Hey, I have an evolve hanging around on AA dancer.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
My apologies, must've missed it.

Then AA's even in the lead now 3-2-1-1.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would be a good candidate for evolvution since my dudes lame and my evolvution is rad as gently caress.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I also voted to evolve myself and strongly encourage others to do so

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##evolve AA

It would be super unlikely that sal would be bussing.

More even that scum would poison their own.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why waste evolution on a dude thats prob already dead i mean c'mon give the non living dead a chance.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
instead evolve this cool and smart dude thats probably gonna live forever.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Please have faith that I wouldn't suggest evolving AA if I thought this would be an issue. If anyone has any sort of protection ability it would be awesome to have you use it on me tonight.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
A'ight, I'm in, if Sal/IP/AA are scum axis, kudos :v:

##evolve AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Don't evolve me. I'm guaranteed to die per mod

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##evolve toal

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##evolve dancer

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Don't evolve me. I'm guaranteed to die per mod

Not guaranteed to die. Evolution just won't save me. I will probably die.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AA if you care about town at all evolve me

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Maybe it's better then possibly evolving scum.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
##evolve Dancer

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Dancer posted:

On a separate note, the evolve vote is currently like this:

I think you missed my evolve vote for E+.

Evolving AA is probably a waste, and Sal claims he can't evolve. I support E+ since if we believe he has a (currently) useless Splash, its clearly an ability meant to evolve and could likely be powerful. As previously stated I have a good town read on him and I'm not concerned about the issues people have around his claim today.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Hi I've been keeping up but I'm adopting a cat and this is my only free time to handle it do I keeps catching up and not being able to post (I deleted three posts for being too old and them caught up again). I want to do the evolve vote on dancer and I have multiple people who I think are good for voting for but I am busy and don't think I'm posting quickly enough to feel comfortable posting any votes so i will vote in the morning after rereading. hopefully while y'all aren't posting >8(

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Slamburger has avoided all the discussion around the light aligned stuff that they talked about yesterday, and didn't try to make a case against me Slam said they would. Honestly I think you should just pull the trigger imo Dancer. Cause I think they're just trying to fake contribution and push scum buddies to evolution.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##evolve slamburger

I missed the Sal claiming not being able to evolve post apparently.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat dick you playing me like this dog when you know I want to be evolved

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Dick Bastardly posted:

##evolve slamburger

I missed the Sal claiming not being able to evolve post apparently.

I'm making note for myself; gut read on this post today is; scummt

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

imgay posted:

drat dick you playing me like this dog when you know I want to be evolved

Yeah but slam reads more town than you

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

GenericGirlName posted:

Cool

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Not guaranteed to die. Evolution just won't save me. I will probably die.

Alright

##evolve Dancer

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good afternoon

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's hard to argue with this and I am inclined to vote IP as I've mentioned before. We have plenty of time yet before deadline so I don't see how my refusal to participate in a turbo makes me scummy, but ok.

this is a fair comment, i intend to vote ip but haven't yet for turbo reasons. i do think it is strange to note you were waiting for ip to check in when he'd already done so though

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

No it doesn't. It was my action and I received no notifications. Are you an sk

this may not be a clue aa, rules say

A note about result language

1. A result that successfully targets will yield the result. "You successfully x your target"
2. A result that does not successfully target will yield the result. "Your action fails."
3. If a player name is ever mentioned as part of a result, this is a mod error.
4. A "successful" target is defined as an ability resolving on someone. This does not have to be the intended target, so a redirected result will yield the same language as a result that has not been redirected.

it seems to indicate both will be informed, maybe you didn't get your notification by accident

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SolusLunes posted:

##evolve Dancer

Now that the important stuff is out of the way, I just want to ask a single question.

Why the hell aren't we addressing the weird-as-gently caress attempted turbo on DB?

Seriously, look at that. If you don't think most of scum is in that list, lol.

And if there was such a push on DB then, why isn't there one now? E+ is the only one with a vote on him, and I don't see him as scum.

That's a pretty normal thing for Sal's town game. Weird, I know.

Let's not ignore one last thing though: has imgay had a single worthwhile content vote?

We're all ignoring him pretty hard, and haven't really responded to anything he's said/cased him at all. He's doing a perfect job flying under the radar by being incomprehensible and no-content posting to the point that nobody else wants to engage. It's extremely solid scum play if you've managed to get everyone to basically forget you in plain sight.

db can be an easy lunch to push (sorry db) but im interested in who you think is scum on the db vot.? i saw you were suss of toal earlier, is this still the case? i still think the light aligned thing was a joke and i'm not getting pinged by his/her other posts.

of those people i'm most suss of hal and ggn at this point

SalTheBard posted:

Right I get that. What I'm assuming IP's defense is "I went to poison someone else, I got bus driven into AA, Sal didn't see who Bus Drove me. Please don't cuddle me I'm town."

he wouldn't know he got driven to aa though, since he would only be told his action was successful or not.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
all alone...

some casing.

ggn

should note i haven't played with ggn before, but

votes to evolve ip during early evolve voting

GenericGirlName posted:

Yea sure, let's all have a good time.

##evolve IcePheonix

don't mind her posts re: dancers action, but alot of her posting is flavour and setup spec. this may be bc she is a newish player and but it is alot of focus on that and not scum hunting.

i don't like this post - bminus called out the people who voted to evolve ip in the below post ( i don't know how to include his quotes sorry)

b-minus1 posted:

Look at the people who voted to evolve icephoenix (I condensed a few posts btw):

AA called out and voted icephoenix for "ending jokephase" and I'm not getting scum vibes from humalong. But everyone else? absolutely.

I'm aware that I'm tunneling pretty hard on a few players right now, which is why I would like some input from everyone else. But to me this looks like scum voting to evolve one of their own.

@Dancer: are you opposed to a GGN lynch?

and she responded with

GenericGirlName posted:

I genuinely hate this case and the similar case someone had earlier about the use of metronome. It really sucks that people deciding to use the mechanics available to them is "scummy" instead of people wanting to explore this cool setup someone made.

feels like newbie scum getting scared off the evolve vote and she moves to dancer

i noted this post close to deadline

GenericGirlName posted:

DB and IS both have similarly low effort posts that can be construed as scummy. I think IS's flip gives more info but I'm down for either to avoid a no lynch

but she does not vote sober, switches to db after he claims lunchbomb

today she's not really commented on on the ip situation at all, but i did notice this post about db

GenericGirlName posted:

which seems suss to me after her stance yesterday

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hal
less to go on but these ping me

votes db day 1, case is his gut says he is scum. makes this post

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hrm I could see voting IS, but it should be DB

possible light bussing of scum bud but still saying it should be db

Hal Incandenza posted:

DB/IS/E+ scumbros

he clarifies he means ip not sober later, but i don't like how this reads and there is no casing. most of his other posts do not look like scum hunting just commentary

##evolve dance

i'll be back to vote ip later this eve/early this morning

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
##evolve dancer

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

this may not be a clue aa, rules say

A note about result language

1. A result that successfully targets will yield the result. "You successfully x your target"
2. A result that does not successfully target will yield the result. "Your action fails."
3. If a player name is ever mentioned as part of a result, this is a mod error.
4. A "successful" target is defined as an ability resolving on someone. This does not have to be the intended target, so a redirected result will yield the same language as a result that has not been redirected.

it seems to indicate both will be informed, maybe you didn't get your notification by accident

Nah, you're understanding it incorrectly. There was no mod mistake. I just don't get notifications for metronome. Also the hider person shouldn't have either.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Atomic Soda posted:

db can be an easy lunch to push (sorry db) but im interested in who you think is scum on the db vot.? i saw you were suss of toal earlier, is this still the case? i still think the light aligned thing was a joke and i'm not getting pinged by his/her other posts.

of those people i'm most suss of hal and ggn at this point

he wouldn't know he got driven to aa though, since he would only be told his action was successful or not.

About four people- most suspicious of Humalong on that vote, then imgay, toal, and hal, in that order. I think I'm probably inordinately suspicious of imgay but I can't ignore that no-content posting. Getting less suspicious of toal as time goes on, but I won't hesitate to jump on a turbo for toal.

I ought make a case for humalong today, and to help me concrete in my mind why he's pinging me as hard as he is.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Nah, you're understanding it incorrectly. There was no mod mistake. I just don't get notifications for metronome. Also the hider person shouldn't have either.

ok sorry i went and took another look.

##vote ip

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SolusLunes posted:

About four people- most suspicious of Humalong on that vote, then imgay, toal, and hal, in that order. I think I'm probably inordinately suspicious of imgay but I can't ignore that no-content posting. Getting less suspicious of toal as time goes on, but I won't hesitate to jump on a turbo for toal.

I ought make a case for humalong today, and to help me concrete in my mind why he's pinging me as hard as he is.

i'm having trouble reading imgay, i would like to know who he thinks is scum. i think the whole light aligned read on toal is weak tbh, what changed your mind? i was fine with humalongs posting day 1 though it would be nice to see his thoughts on our current situation.

what are your thoughts on ggn?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm town as gently caress I think Hal is scum right now besides ip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

imgay posted:

I'm town as gently caress I think Hal is scum right now besides ip.

Why?

• Locked thread