Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

big cass as the fox football robot should defeat AJ Styles for the WWE Fox Championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lot of pointing

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
What an honor for HHH and Stephanie to pose with Cletus

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is funny if you like Alicia

https://twitter.com/xWreckIntent/status/1041197476462686208

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like Alicia :)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
god i hope alicia isn't eliminated in the first round. jinder too i guess, damnit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jinder and Alicia is like my favorite thing in WWE and I don't care who knows it.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Finn Balor is not even booked for this PPV tonight. I definitely think once his contract is up he's going to do what Daniel Bryan was too scared to do.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

god i hope alicia isn't eliminated in the first round. jinder too i guess, damnit

Pretty sure it's a round robin-style tournament this time, so no eliminations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roque11 posted:

Finn Balor is not even booked for this PPV tonight. I definitely think once his contract is up he's going to do what Daniel Bryan was too scared to do.

Get a flu shot?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Roque11 posted:

My guess is he renews his contract for more money and less dates because WWE is scared to lose a big name. He's definitely never getting close to the Universal Title again but he might get a thank you WWE Championship reign for not leaving.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bartok posted:

My guess is he renews his contract for more money and less dates because WWE is scared to lose a big name. He's definitely never getting close to the Universal Title again but he might get a thank you WWE Championship reign for not leaving.
wow pretty cool they’d put their top belt on him

bartok
May 10, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Can't forget all those PPVs that AJ Styles has main evented.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Remember when Roman vs Joe, a match with literally no stakes main evented Backlash over Aj/Nak for the top belt?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Roque11 posted:

Die in the ring?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
My excitement for Hell in a Cell is at pretty much zero. Same goes for Super Showdown in a few weeks. And Evolution isn't looking too hot either in the grand scheme of things. Hell, Survivor Series most likely won't be good either. I think the next time we'll actually see significant movement in any title scene is probably at TLC. I think the only singles title that has a chance of changing hands before then is the Smackdown Women's Title, and that's only if they decide to run champion vs champion again this year at Survivor Series.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
If Joe doesn't beat AJ for the belt, who's left for him to face? Will they run a face/face program with Bryan or is he going to drop it to Miz or something?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Ragnarok the Red posted:

If Joe doesn't beat AJ for the belt, who's left for him to face? Will they run a face/face program with Bryan or is he going to drop it to Miz or something?

the big dog is gonna unify and have one big title brother

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Joe is a Nakamura not a Rusev, we're riding this train all the way to the rumble.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Balor leaving would be cool because then Prince Devitt could join the BCOGs and they'd stop being sort of a punchline.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ragnarok the Red posted:

or is he going to drop it to Miz or something?

This one.

AJ holds the belt until he passes Punk's reign. Then he drops to Miz, probably at the Rumble? Then Bryan wins the Rumble and beats Miz at Mania.

whoops double posted there.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

This one.

AJ holds the belt until he passes Punk's reign. Then he drops to Miz, probably at the Rumble? Then Bryan wins the Rumble and beats Miz at Mania.

whoops double posted there.

Excuse me, but we all know The Rock is going to enter the Rumble and win. And then challenge the Big Dog at Wrestlemania, so Roman can have another accolade tacked onto his record. "You are the real people's champ, Roman!!!"

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The greatest challenge for AJ as champion will be having to act like WWE2k19 is good

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Excuse me, but we all know The Rock is going to enter the Rumble and win. And then challenge the Big Dog at Wrestlemania, so Roman can have another accolade tacked onto his record. "You are the real people's champ, Roman!!!"

The universal title is on raw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Vince has figured out that he can trick people into thinking Wrestlemania will be good if he puts over somebody people will like at the Rumble, so expect it to be Bryan. Then the WWE championship will go on fourth from the top.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

bradzilla posted:

Remember when Roman vs Joe, a match with literally no stakes main evented Backlash over Aj/Nak for the top belt?

The stake was "Roman is involved", plus as we know it allowed people to leave early and beat the traffic.

Besides, for Finn, playing second fiddle to Reigns on a PPV is still better than not being on the PPV, or worse, fighting Corbin again.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Vince has figured out that he can trick people into thinking Wrestlemania will be good if he puts over somebody people will like at the Rumble, so expect it to be Bryan. Then the WWE championship will go on fourth from the top.

Probably. The two rumble winners this year will likely be Daniel Bryan (Because The Miz) and Charlotte (Because Ronda).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Probably. The two rumble winners this year will likely be Daniel Bryan (Because The Miz) and Charlotte (Because Ronda).

If people keep being turned against Charlotte, expect Becky or Asuka to win the Rumble....and lose at Mania.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Some great trolling from stan Twitter

https://twitter.com/bvmbshelled/status/1041401805253558274

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's almost as if every match in WWE is laid out the same way with the same spots and same signature moves

Twitter revelations

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

If people keep being turned against Charlotte, expect Becky or Asuka to win the Rumble....and lose at Mania.

I fully expect us to get plenty of Becky vs Charlotte over the next few months. And I don't see Asuka winning the Rumble this year. The only two people I can see winning it are Charlotte or Alexa. And it will most likely be Charlotte since WWE seems hellbent on pushing her as the female face of the company. If there is backlash against Charlotte, they just won't make the match the main event.

Ideally we will probably get for the title matches at Mania:

Ronda (c) vs Charlotte for the RAW Women's Title

Becky (c) vs Asuka for the Smackdown Women's Title.

Assuming Becky wins the title either tonight, at Super Showdown, or Evolution, that will give her a nice long reign, and WWE can probably rebuild Asuka back into a credible threat before then to hopefully dethrone Becky (who will have had the title for roughly six months by that point).

I mean whoever is Smackdown Women's Champion after Wrestlemania is a moot point anyways, because they will likely drop the title to Alexa who will be moved over to Smackdown before (or soon after) Backlash.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 16, 2018

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I'm going to do it.

I am going to wathc Hell in a Cell

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am going to bed now and will wake up early to watch Hell in a Cell before work by which I mean I will have it on in the background while I read the forums, have breakfast and sleep some more.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

a.lo posted:

I'm going to do it.

i went to begrudgingly reup my network sub since there's nothing to do on sunday nights anyway and found that it doesn't actually expire til tomorrow so i am watching to and without having to pay a $10 i expected to so :toot:

let's be disappointed together, my fellow goons

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I have my friend's account info so I might have it on while I do some work I've put off all weekend

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Roque11 posted:

I know it's your schtick to always be mostly wrong, but I don't know why Balor would leave since he probably has a good gig in WWE and probably enjoys working there.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

a.lo posted:

I'm going to do it.

Stay safe friend

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lol:

Just :lol: at heck in the seck

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm watching RIGHT NOW but I won't make a thread for it because I don't want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm really glad Alicia Fox has been able to stick around and do her thing every once in awhile.

• Locked thread