Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I have a sinking feeling that Gonzales will still be on the team next week. Hue always defies expectations in the worst way possible.

If they don't bring in Dallas' kicker or some other competition, Hue is deliberately trying to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004
Bad kickers, bad time management, bad nfl rule change penalties... Vikings Packers had it all.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Bench Treadwell, cut Carlson. jfc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another Tie :woop:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I mean it's loving insane that Carlson couldn't make a 35-yard field goal but the Vikings stole that tie anyways

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Durandal1707 posted:

Mahomes is definitely the real deal, though I definitely didn't expect him to throw for 10 goddamned TDs in two weeks. Chiefs offense is basically unstoppable when everything is clicking.

Their pass defense is.. woof. They've given up almost 900 yards passing the last two weeks, jesus.

Through two games:

Mahomes 38/55 69% (nice), 582 yards, 10 TD, 0 Int
Mahomes opposing QBs: 73/111, 66%, 872 yards, 6 TD, 1 Int. Plus one rushing TD.

e: the fact that the Chargers and Steelers both attempted over 50 passes is partially because of the KC offense jumping out to quick leads, but I think the league has mostly just correctly identified that the pass defense is astoundingly awful.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 16, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Holy heck Vikings are cursed at kicker.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Adun posted:

I mean it's loving insane that Carlson couldn't make a 35-yard field goal but the Vikings stole that tie anyways

NYPOST: Vikings defeat Packers 29-29!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Grittybeard posted:

Through two games:

Mahomes opposing QBs: 73/11, 66%, 872 yards, 6 TD, 1 Int. Plus one rushing TD.

Jesus that's an amazing stat

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
the new roughing the passer poo poo is a joke

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Lets have a tie once a week.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress it I'll take a tie

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Pittsburgh's best-before date was last season. This.......is not going to get better.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Through two games:

Mahomes opposing QBs: 73/111, 66%, 872 yards, 6 TD, 1 Int. Plus one rushing TD.

e: the fact that the Chargers and Steelers both attempted over 50 passes is partially because of the KC offense jumping out to quick leads, but I think the league has mostly just correctly identified that the pass defense is astoundingly awful.

Im all in for another greatest show on turf type team.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

Not the best Eagles effort but far from the worst. It's the first time in NFL history that a team has scored on two 75+ yard passing plays in one game, so there's that. Get healthy and start again.

Yeah, I mean I’m still amazed we even managed to come close to coming back and hell there were a couple of times earlier we could have had the points or made it only a FG game.

Still the hilarity of the Browns and Steelers mirror season and a Viking Green Bay tie help make up for it.

Also was that tie scoregami?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, I mean I’m still amazed we even managed to come close to coming back and hell there were a couple of times earlier we could have had the points or made it only a FG game.

Still the hilarity of the Browns and Steelers mirror season and a Viking Green Bay tie help make up for it.

Also was that tie scoregami?

https://twitter.com/NFL_Scorigami/status/1041426748666261504

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

adaz posted:

Im all in for another greatest show on turf type team.
Buy season tickets today!

I have plans to try and get to a game late in the year.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YES!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I like Derwin James a lot

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LiquidFriend posted:

Buy season tickets today!

I have plans to try and get to a game late in the year.

yeah going to go to a game here in a bit before the weather turns cold. I want to see this Mahomes magic in person.

That defense is probably unsustainable for any sort of real good winning team but then again, crazier poo poo has happened and if you are going to throw 6 TDs a game not a lot of games you are going to lose.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

tile tff background with this tia

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

incredible

a neat cape posted:

I like Derwin James a lot

He's real good, yeah.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Pounded In The Butt By My Own Sympathetic Rooting Interest In The Cleveland Browns

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

This man gives no fucks.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
This is the worst Steelers defense in my lifetime. Time for Keith Butler to go.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Haaaahahahaha, he earned the gently caress outta that picture.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So Fitzpatrick signed in Tampa to smuggle coke, huh?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

adaz posted:

yeah going to go to a game here in a bit before the weather turns cold. I want to see this Mahomes magic in person.

That defense is probably unsustainable for any sort of real good winning team but then again, crazier poo poo has happened and if you are going to throw 6 TDs a game not a lot of games you are going to lose.
I'm not too worried. This is his first year starting and he'll get even better as they finally fire Bob Sutton and improve the D.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Silly Burrito posted:

If they don't bring in Dallas' kicker or some other competition, Hue is deliberately trying to lose.

It is not possible to be as bad as the Browns purely by chance.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Fitzpatrick deserves a Super Bowl win just for this.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Vikings-Packers refs hosed up the entire game. Yeah, Vikes got some calls, and the Packers got some calls, but the refs determined the outcome of the game. The Packers won that game on that INT when the refs called a bullshit roughing the passer on Clay Matthews.

Just loving atrocious.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:same:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:eyepop:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LabyaMynora posted:

Vikings-Packers refs hosed up the entire game. Yeah, Vikes got some calls, and the Packers got some calls, but the refs determined the outcome of the game. The Packers won that game on that INT when the refs called a bullshit roughing the passer on Clay Matthews.

Just loving atrocious.

Yeah, both teams had roughing the passer calls when the person doing it was practically touching the QB when the ball was thrown.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Roasted Donut posted:

This is the worst Steelers defense in my lifetime. Time for Keith Butler to go.

This is the best Chiefs offense that has ever been fielded.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LiquidFriend posted:

I'm not too worried. This is his first year starting and he'll get even better as they finally fire Bob Sutton and improve the D.

Pretty fired up for Jags @ Chiefs. Best defense in the NFL against Mahomes Magic in 2 weeks will answer some (awesome) questions.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Just insert the TO "that's my quarterback" .gif here. Simply majestic.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

iospace posted:

gently caress it I'll take a tie

Yeah I'm not sure how great I feel about it but I sure as hell don't feel as bad is I would've to lose it right at the end there, so I guess that's a plus. The final drive in regulation by the Vikings was an abomination though it was the same guys out of place and missing people bullshit we've seen from them for years though and that doesn't make me feel great. The d constantly chokes in high pressure situations and if min wasn't snakebitten at kicker this would've been one of the more heartbreaking losses in the past couple years.

Also, they really, really need to get some consistency with what is and isn't roughing. That poo poo was whack but certainly wasn't the reason we tied

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:perfect:

• Locked thread