Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go back and see my post on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

imgay posted:

me personally i think hal is just hollow, a shell of a man who doesn't want to invest effort, and will pretend to show effort with a miasma of articulation that will be undercooked.

Sure. I've played with scum Hal (and town Hal) and have seen him be this way on both sides of the coin.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SolusLunes posted:

About four people- most suspicious of Humalong on that vote, then imgay, toal, and hal, in that order. I think I'm probably inordinately suspicious of imgay but I can't ignore that no-content posting. Getting less suspicious of toal as time goes on, but I won't hesitate to jump on a turbo for toal.

I ought make a case for humalong today, and to help me concrete in my mind why he's pinging me as hard as he is.

This kind of stuck out me (bolded part). Getting less suss but also totally ready and willing to turbo seems less than pro town imo

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Dick Bastardly posted:

This kind of stuck out me (bolded part). Getting less suss but also totally ready and willing to turbo seems less than pro town imo

Lol I didn't want to be the one to point that out. Why would you turbo someone you're on the fence about.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Sure. I've played with scum Hal (and town Hal) and have seen him be this way on both sides of the coin.

No hes most probable scum.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Toalpaz posted:

Lol I didn't want to be the one to point that out. Why would you turbo someone you're on the fence about.

Because I believe you're scum enough to vote for you but not enough to push all that hard for it? I mean I voted for you the last day, why is this a surprise?

I haven't hidden anything I'm doing here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

Because I believe you're scum enough to vote for you but not enough to push all that hard for it? I mean I voted for you the last day, why is this a surprise?

I haven't hidden anything I'm doing here.

I think it's the phrasing you used. Turbo is voting for someone you 100% think is scum. You don't want to turbo someone you aren't sure about.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I think it's the phrasing you used. Turbo is voting for someone you 100% think is scum. You don't want to turbo someone you aren't sure about.

Oh. Fair enough. I'm still relatively new to SA mafs!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Slamburger posted:

I know its the weekend, but I'd like to hear from Humalong. How do you feel about E+ and the IP/Sal situation? Have any of your reads changed on GGN, Toal, IS? How do you feel about the failed DB lynch?

Bad weekend at the jail, just catching up on the thread.

E+: I think the weird "I did no night action" "wait how do you know my night action failed?" thing is a distraction. Plus now that we know the jail on him lasted through the night it doesn't matter if he submitted a night action or not because it failed regardless. I don't know that I buy the "I thought gyrados was water/dark" defense, but I'll let it slide for now.

IP/Sal: This seems pretty cut and dry, though Sal seems to have claimed he's a watcher and has some sort of protection ability? That's pretty strong if so, but I may have misread and he was just asking to be protected tonight. Which would make a lot more sense! I see two possibilities: IP is caught scum or Sal is doing an absolutely insane, Gaspy-level gambit. I see the former being MUCH more likely than the latter.

GGN: Still think she's town. I didn't like the attempted push on her day 1 for a relatively innocuous drunk post but I understand why scum would do it.

Toal: I want to say their posting seems a little better today? I need to reread, I'm sorry. I read through the thread but I didn't do any deep reads yet. Toal read like a nervous newbie day 1 which is a neutral read imo.

IS: IS hopped on an attempted last minute swap to a lurker lunch day 1 with Sal. That's suspicious to me, especially combined with their "gut read" bandwagon vote on GGN earlier that day and then ANOTHER bandwagon vote on DB. Not feeling great about IS at all. Also most of their day 2 posting has been role fishing. They've softly defended IP which is a neutral read but worth pointing out.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Toal: I want to say their posting seems a little better today? I need to reread, I'm sorry. I read through the thread but I didn't do any deep reads yet. Toal read like a nervous newbie day 1 which is a neutral read imo.

Rereading Toal now, give me like 10 minutes and I'll have more content than this. Same with GGN.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh, ##evolve Dancer

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

IP/Sal: This seems pretty cut and dry, though Sal seems to have claimed he's a watcher and has some sort of protection ability? That's pretty strong if so, but I may have misread and he was just asking to be protected tonight. Which would make a lot more sense! I see two possibilities: IP is caught scum or Sal is doing an absolutely insane, Gaspy-level gambit. I see the former being MUCH more likely than the latter.

I'm asking for protection.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I mean, Sal says they saw poisoner poison. So I'm just going to leave my vote on them.

##vote IcePhoenix

Toalpaz posted:

I want AA and Dancer to weigh in on E+ too.

This is pretty very suspicious, but I don't know how to weigh priorities between E+ and IcePhoenix.

I don't really like these posts. It reads like someone trying to bus a scumbro early, then hedging and attempting to foster confusion. Not feeling super good about Toal right now.

Toalpaz posted:

To be fair, I gave a pretty solid and in my opinion truthful response to that 'slip' that occurred in the jokephase as my very first post after receiving roles.

Most people have a problem with me floundering around and defending someone who could be town, a big faux pas I realize now.

TBH once I start defending better players in other thread like Imgay or Hambeet they usually tell me off and remind me that town don't need friends, where GGN ignored me being questioned.

I have a town read on GGN right now so this is also a scummy post to me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I'm asking for protection.

Yeah I figured, your first post about it was juuuuust ambiguous enough that I was like :thunk:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GenericGirlName posted:

Dancer, care to divulge how your power changed?

Also going to reread with this flip info, but I'm still working for the next few hours so I can't promise anything soon.

GenericGirlName posted:

Hi I've been keeping up but I'm adopting a cat and this is my only free time to handle it do I keeps catching up and not being able to post (I deleted three posts for being too old and them caught up again). I want to do the evolve vote on dancer and I have multiple people who I think are good for voting for but I am busy and don't think I'm posting quickly enough to feel comfortable posting any votes so i will vote in the morning after rereading. hopefully while y'all aren't posting >8(

Not one, but two "totally gonna post some reads, guys" posts with no actual reads posted. Also some light role fishing and that's really all the content from GGN today. Still leaning town because of her day 1 play but day 2 has not been great from her (like I'm one to talk).

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I like the vote on IP but we have quite a long time left. I'll vote tonight before I go to bed (so in like 7 hours) so I can do my part to avoid a second no lunch.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

imgay's posts are something very special and I cherish them, but aside from his ironic read on Hal and his call out of Lumpen lists he's not posted a lot of content. I get that that is his style but, you know, at a certain point it becomes a distraction from scum hunting having to sift through his posts.

imgay posted:

me personally i think hal is just hollow, a shell of a man who doesn't want to invest effort, and will pretend to show effort with a miasma of articulation that will be undercooked.

This is my feeling on Hal this game as well, though. He spent all of day 1 lurking and then came in at the end, said "DB scum" started a push on him that most likely had at least 2-3 scum jump on, then he's gone back to lurking hard aside from letting us all know he would vote DB again. Oh and he slipped up and named IS instead of IP so that's funny.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Atomic Soda posted:

hal
less to go on but these ping me

votes db day 1, case is his gut says he is scum. makes this post

possible light bussing of scum bud but still saying it should be db

he clarifies he means ip not sober later, but i don't like how this reads and there is no casing. most of his other posts do not look like scum hunting just commentary

##evolve dance

i'll be back to vote ip later this eve/early this morning

His "gut read" post was a joke poking fun at me. He never actually gave any reason beyond "I know he's scum" which is lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Looking at this and going off of Solus I'd say Hal, Toal, IS would be my strongest picks for scum in that group. On the fence about imgay and GGN. Would be shocked if AA or Dancer were scum being opportunistic.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ok I apologize for a hundred posts in a row but I'm rereading people that have pinged me and I just went through ASF's posts. Their entire post history is jokes, some role fishing, and random drive by votes. Only other game I've played with ASF they also lurked hard and were scum, but I know meta is not a popular case on SA. I really feel like they're scum, though going off of their posts. Enough that I'll ##vote ASF for right now.

Dancer posted:

On a separate note, the evolve vote is currently like this:
2 - AA - voted by Sal, Humalong

As an aside, this was completely incorrect because I had not even had a chance to post day 2 before this was posted so I'm not really sure why I was listed here. Probably a case of mistaken identity?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ok I apologize for a hundred posts in a row but I'm rereading people that have pinged me and I just went through ASF's posts. Their entire post history is jokes, some role fishing, and random drive by votes. Only other game I've played with ASF they also lurked hard and were scum, but I know meta is not a popular case on SA. I really feel like they're scum, though going off of their posts. Enough that I'll ##vote ASF for right now.

As an aside, this was completely incorrect because I had not even had a chance to post day 2 before this was posted so I'm not really sure why I was listed here. Probably a case of mistaken identity?

Yeah, I think that was Toalpaz' vote that I must've read as yours. I imagine it's because of similar colouring of the avatar :v:.

Also totally agree on ASF. Between the several players who I barely register as present in this game (him, Hal, imgay, with DB and E+ not too far behind), he's the one where I feel the strongest that "this person is trying to give the impression that they're saying things when they're really not".

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Slamburger posted:

This is a very towny callout. There was no sample role PM so scum can't really make this post. Only town would know that town-aligned is the ... town alignment.

Isn't this a weird post? Doesn't it look like Slam is trying to give weak towny reads on E+?

Slam also calls DB out for being sus of E+ on a earlier post.

I personally think it's a strange connection. One day I hope I'll earn town's trust again.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Isn't this a weird post? Doesn't it look like Slam is trying to give weak towny reads on E+?

I personally think it's a strange connection. One day I hope I'll earn town's trust again.

Haven't gotten to my neutral reads yet, hang on. Still decompressing from a 56 hour workweek.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Haven't gotten to my neutral reads yet, hang on. Still decompressing from a 56 hour workweek.

Neutral reads prior to day 2, anyway.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Looking at this and going off of Solus I'd say Hal, Toal, IS would be my strongest picks for scum in that group. On the fence about imgay and GGN. Would be shocked if AA or Dancer were scum being opportunistic.

But when DB flips scum what then?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Humalong I think you've put forth some good analysis that I generally agree with, so you are lower on my suspicion list now.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

How are you parsing "This is a very towny thing to do" as a "weak" towny read? I know you're new but I am just not following any of your arguments and I think you're scum.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

I really feel like they're scum, though going off of their posts. Enough that I'll ##vote ASF for right now.

Would you rather lynch ASF over IP or is this a pressure vote?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Slamburger posted:

Would you rather lynch ASF over IP or is this a pressure vote?

Pressure vote. IP is caught scum going off of Sal’s night action and the fact IP has presumably given up rather than even try to explain an alternative to him being the poisoner. Just don’t want to put him at -1 right now because I believe there’s still at least a little discussion to be had about different players.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

By the end of the day my vote will be on IP

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It's been like super quiet the past 48 hours imo.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

It's been like super quiet the past 48 hours imo.

yeah almost like its the weekend or something

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

But when DB flips scum what then?

Then it's worth reconsidering, but the real suspicious thing was the speed of the lynch, not necessarily the target of the lynch.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

Then it's worth reconsidering, but the real suspicious thing was the speed of the lynch, not necessarily the target of the lynch.

I will note that you're talking about a lynch that was too slow. Like, of course, if enough people are online close to deadline, most of them will be willing to vote on short notice, even on a lovely lynch, to make sure that it actually happens.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Sorry all, my weekend did not leave me nearly as much free time as I would have liked.

I don't think there's much else left to say for this game day. Deadline is very early tomorrow morning for me, so ##vote IP.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to bed so I'm also ending the day ingame as well since ill prob sleep through deadline ##vote ice phoenix

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: :henget: IcePhoenix

Votecount for Day 2
With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 17th, 2018 at 4 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 8 hours, 50 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
IcePhoenix, Ghastly (Scum-Aligned Poisoner) was lynched Day 2.

Dancer evolves!

It is now Night 2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

IcePhoenix (9): SalTheBard, Anomalous Amalgam, Toalpaz, Slamburger, A Sometimes Food, SolusLunes, SolusLunes, Dick Bastardly, Atomic Soda, IllegallySober, imgay
Dick Bastardly (1): Epsilon Plus
A Sometimes Food (1): Mr. Humalong
SalTheBard (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Dancer (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Epsilon Plus (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (5): Dancer, GenericGirlName, Hal Incandenza, IcePhoenix, SolusLunes

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 17th, 2018 at 4 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 8 hours, 47 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Nobody died Night 2.

It is now Day 3.

• Locked thread