Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Gonz posted:

HIAC was a pint of halfway decent ice cream. Not the greatest, but not bad either. Acceptable.

And then you get to the bottom of the ice cream pint and there's a whole human turd that ruins the rest of the ice cream and makes you want to die.

If this happened to me I would take solace in the money I was going to get from this ice cream company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I barely watch anymore but someone informed me Orton stabbed Jeff in the ear with a screwdriver. Why does Orton hate Jeff's ears?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DeathChicken posted:

I barely watch anymore but someone informed me Orton stabbed Jeff in the ear with a screwdriver. Why does Orton hate Jeff's ears?

because one of them saw jeff's stupid ear plugs and had a brilliant idea

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Dangerous Person posted:

If this happened to me I would take solace in the money I was going to get from this ice cream company

Except in this scenario, everybody just keeps eating more ice cream pints with the hopes that the turd was an outlier.

Hint: It isn't. Every pint has a turd on it. Oooooooahhhhhhh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Becky winning already makes this best WWE PPV of the year :woop:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Y'know, I at least thought for a second there after both guys were F5ed, "Okay, so, Dean and Drew are the only guys here that aren't dead. That's why they brought everybody out, now one of them can drag their guy on top of the other for the pin."

And then the loving ref called for a No Contest.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
The only reason that both Hell in a Cell matches didn't end with the ref just deciding that the match should stop is because Randy Orton was enough of a dick to insist the ref count even though he didn't want to.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Torrent posted:

The only reason that both Hell in a Cell matches didn't end with the ref just deciding that the match should stop is because Randy Orton was enough of a dick to insist the ref count even though he didn't want to.

Orton is just a professional.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The first 5 matches were absolutely great. Then the show turned to poo poo starting with the mixed tag.

Is this why NXT Takeovers are only 5 matches long? Is WWE incapable of booking more than 5 good matches in a night these days?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This wasn't the first time a Hell in a Cell match ended in a no contest, but the other time was a Russo-written ending, so yeah...

Back in WCW, I remember this Hollywood Hogan vs. Giant match that was infamous because Giant got laid out and remained unconscious as Hogan proceeded to celebrate and cut a promo afterwards. Like, he was down for a long, long time. I'm curious how long that was compared to Roman and Strowman.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gavok posted:

This wasn't the first time a Hell in a Cell match ended in a no contest, but the other time was a Russo-written ending, so yeah...

Back in WCW, I remember this Hollywood Hogan vs. Giant match that was infamous because Giant got laid out and remained unconscious as Hogan proceeded to celebrate and cut a promo afterwards. Like, he was down for a long, long time. I'm curious how long that was compared to Roman and Strowman.

That was Hog Wild '96. My god, what a lovely match that was... it was like 95% test of strength and submission holds, and 5% wrestling. I just went back and timed it. From the pinfall to Giant to the helicopter shot of seeing him still in the ring, he was down for 7 minutes 2 seconds.

For tonight's main event, from the last kick out after the table spot to when Brock came in and hit Braun with the table was 7 minutes and 55 seconds of laying down on the mat. Keep in mind, they had just wrestled for 13 minutes 53 seconds prior. So more than 1/3 of the match was those two sleeping in the ring waiting for Brock to arrive.

And I was the guy complaining about Cody sleeping outside the ring for 5 minutes at All In.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
well I didn't hate the show as much as most did but the last match was a disappointment for sure. the four tag partners didn't do anything meaningful at all. dolph and set jumped off the drat cell for nothing.

and gently caress bringing lesnar back. the only reason the crowd has to cheer roman is that he got rid of lesnar and they took that away from him.

the pepper spray was funny though - I would have certainly liked to see more weaponry and brutally. its hell in a cell for gods sake.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Brock gets over on Roman multiple times before he finally beats him while he was sidetracked attacking Strowman.

One month later Brock shows up to push Reigns' poo poo in again but probably won't actually be in an actual match again until after he fights Cormier in early '19.

Brock/Reigns is main eventing Mania again next year so Vince can finally give Roman that Mania win over him :suicide:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The pepper spray was the best part since Paul didn't bring in a new ref or do anything that required getting rid of Foley at all. He just wanted to be a dick.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

THE BIG DOG

https://twitter.com/WalkerBait90/status/1041520464022183937

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Just caught up and I thought the show was really good until Roman and Braun started napping

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

This was the reaction they wanted! The fans are so PISSED at Brock for ruining the main event!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

This was the reaction they wanted! The fans are so PISSED at Brock for ruining the main event!

It’s impossible to know for sure if this finish was bad or not though. Sure it’s getting the Sting/Jeff Hardy treatment, but maybe some kid watching at home liked it, which makes it impossible to say either way really.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can we talk about how dumb Jeff Hardy was for doing whatever he was trying to do at the end there? There was no result to that which didn't end up with him crashing and burning.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1041579684637696000

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Rarity posted:

Can we talk about how dumb Jeff Hardy was for doing whatever he was trying to do at the end there? There was no result to that which didn't end up with him crashing and burning.

Ziggler and Rollins need to be put there as well. Why did they climb up the cage and then start climbing down so they could fight on the cage. It wasn't even their match to begin with. What were they trying to accomplish.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

WHOOPS computer error. Nothing to see here.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
You guys are losing sight of what's important:
https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1041500565832912896

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Gonna suck when Becky loses the title back at either Smackdown or in Australia.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

WHOOPS computer error. Nothing to see here.

glad you thought better of opening that can of worms here.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Boy am I glad I'm subscribed to New Japan World instead of this shite.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Cavauro posted:

glad you thought better of opening that can of worms here.

Excuse me, sir. It was a can o' whoop rear end.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry. I glanced at the can from the side, and assumed the W was for worms.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I worked through the whole PPV and just got back home, I read the results and wow there were a lot of dumb finishes to matches that sounded like they were going to be great. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that WWE is obsessed with non-finishes and finishes that make nobody look good to keep their 50/50 booking

How do you have a Hell in a Cell in a no contest :psyduck:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

It rules that Road Dogg will go on twitter trying to defend his lovely booking as "Actually I meant to do that, Becky is over and it's all me" and then WWE will go out of it's way to prove that it is not laughing and is actually mad.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Why are people still pretending that Becky is being pushed as a heel? She gave like one heel promo which they almost immediately abandoned. Are they waiting until after the feud to reveal that becky was actually the bad guy the whole time or something?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Because they still want Charolette to be the face of women's wrestling so they have Becky doing the more heelish things. Becky's almost a direct parallel to Daniel Bryan's heel turns when the crowds were begging for him rather than anything the WWE was doing intentionally. If the fans hadn't bucked so hard and kept cheering Becky, she would 200% be a heel right now, I think now they're just trying to cool Becky off so they can put the title back on Charolette again.

They didn't even let Becky get a clean win over Charolette, it was a flash roll-up. It's only speculation at this point if that was because they wanted to continue the feud, or because they wanted to keep Charolette strong and give the fans/Becky a pity title run.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The bellas are awful and always had been.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sting should have come out and been like “I agree”

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

RealFoxy posted:

Because they still want Charolette to be the face of women's wrestling so they have Becky doing the more heelish things. Becky's almost a direct parallel to Daniel Bryan's heel turns when the crowds were begging for him rather than anything the WWE was doing intentionally. If the fans hadn't bucked so hard and kept cheering Becky, she would 200% be a heel right now, I think now they're just trying to cool Becky off so they can put the title back on Charolette again.

They didn't even let Becky get a clean win over Charolette, it was a flash roll-up. It's only speculation at this point if that was because they wanted to continue the feud, or because they wanted to keep Charolette strong and give the fans/Becky a pity title run.

The absolute best plan available is Becky/Asuka and Charlotte/Ronda at Wrestlemania, so it'll be amazing to watch them gently caress up that build. Hypothetically it's good if they do that build properly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Becky's win was completely clean. She didn't cheat or take any shortcut or rely on distraction or a ref bump or anything, the two of them were wrestling and Becky pinned Charlotte and became the new champion, and all was right with the world.

I mean not long after everything went to poo poo with the world, but Becky being champ rules and the way she won and treated Charlotte after was great too.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Not being invested at all in the universal title made that last match an absolute delight to watch. It wasn't a good finish, but it was fun as hell to see how stupid they could make it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Flash pins are a callback to the lovely Diva era booking where everyone's finisher seemed to be some variation of roll-up. It's the worst kind of cop-out unless you follow up properly on it, this is a win Becky NEEDED and she wins it by roll-up. I don't trust the WWE Main roster to even bring it up outside of Charolette trying to get sympathy. It could have been better executed, see NXT where Kairi gets a fluke-looking pinfall while Shayna is trying to apply a submission and Shayna is on a warpath claiming she was pinned but wasn't beaten.

It just reeks of WWE not actually wanting to pull the trigger on Becky because it might hurt Charolette.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Actually having a plan for your opponent’s big move and executing said plan to win the match is Good Wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah she didn't get a lucky roll up, she specifically scouted out Charlotte's spear and came up with a reversal that got her the win. I liked it.

• Locked thread