Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Becky won 100 percent clean, or at least 80 or 90 percent.

She countered her opponents finisher, it wasn't just a roll up. Would have liked to see the tapout after all that arm work, but this was good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
Everything about that PPV was terrible except for Becky winning and even that match was terrible because Charlotte is bad at wrestling.

Ronda can't do longer matches and the fans are going to turn on her unless they start having her come out and Goldberg the gently caress out of people.

The main event was a timewarp back to WCW. Just an overbooked clusterfuck. Roman is the laziest worker i've ever seen. He sells like poo poo, moves like poo poo and none of his offense is interesting. His opponents have to do all the heavy lifting and he still needs a ten minute break in every PPV match he is in. Brock ending the match by NC with a couple of finishers was made even more hilarious by the fact that Foley was involved in the match. He was legit almost killed in his HIAC match and it still had a proper ending.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I liked the part where the nice lady won the thing I wanted her to win.

I also liked going to bed before the last match and reading the result this morning, warm with the satisfaction of not witnessing it myself.

5* 10/10 ppv

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My brother signed up for the network to watch that show

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

a bitchin jetski posted:

Everything about that PPV was terrible except for Becky winning and even that match was terrible because Charlotte is bad at wrestling.

Ronda can't do longer matches and the fans are going to turn on her unless they start having her come out and Goldberg the gently caress out of people.

The main event was a timewarp back to WCW. Just an overbooked clusterfuck. Roman is the laziest worker i've ever seen. He sells like poo poo, moves like poo poo and none of his offense is interesting. His opponents have to do all the heavy lifting and he still needs a ten minute break in every PPV match he is in. Brock ending the match by NC with a couple of finishers was made even more hilarious by the fact that Foley was involved in the match. He was legit almost killed in his HIAC match and it still had a proper ending.
lmfao at invoking wcw the home of kevin nash doing less than nothing every match for 4 years and then in the very next sentence calling roman the laziest worker you’ve ever seen

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Meltzer said on this morning's WOR that the idea behind the match ending was to get the crowd behind Charlotte as a face and Becky is still a heel in their long-term plans

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

OctoberCountry posted:

Meltzer said on this morning's WOR that the idea behind the match ending was to get the crowd behind Charlotte as a face and Becky is still a heel in their long-term plans

The commentary made that pretty clear.

They are trying to portray Becky as being disrespectful so that the heroic Charlotte Flair can give her her comeuppance at some point in the future.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

OctoberCountry posted:

That's how it came off to me last night as well. Crowd had a mixed reaction on Becky refusing to shake Charlotte's hand. Regardless, I think at the end of this entire debacle, Becky is going to be champion. And the only program WWE can really run that people want to see is Becky/Asuka. I would have Becky beat most of the roster leading up into Wrestlemania, and then have Asuka topple her at the event, because Becky's hubris gets the better of her (in terms of non kayfabe, it would make up for Asuka's pretty lovely 2018, and also give WWE a Wrestlemania Moment of Becky finally losing the title). I feel like the Naomi stuff is just a way to keep Asuka busy at this point without completely removing her from TV.

Oh and speaking of the women, while it's been strongly rumored for awhile now, Mia Yim (fka Jade in TNA) very likely signed a deal with WWE if some of her more recent tweets are any indication.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh cool, I was hoping she'd get signed after last year's MYC

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If Becky and Asuka do have a match at WM, it’ll be hamstrung to poo poo so it doesn’t overshadow the Match With The Blonde White Women and loving lol if you’ve been watching WWE for a good amount of time and don’t see that

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If everyone keeps their titles and Survivor Series does the champ vs champ thing again there's some decent matches

Roman vs AJ
Seth vs Nakamura
Dogs of War vs New Day (Kofi and Dolph, destinies forever entwined)
Becky vs Ronda in an arm snap match
Cedric Alexander vs whoever has the Main Event belt. Note, they need to make a Main Event belt first.

It's funny how Hell in a Cell was so good, but the worst match of the night involved Daniel Bryan. 6 months into his comeback and oof... it's been a bumpy ride.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

jesus WEP posted:

lmfao at invoking wcw the home of kevin nash doing less than nothing every match for 4 years and then in the very next sentence calling roman the laziest worker you’ve ever seen

The difference is that Big Sexy has redeeming qualities, thus making his laziness forgivable.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jesus WEP posted:

If Becky and Asuka do have a match at WM, it’ll be hamstrung to poo poo so it doesn’t overshadow the Match With The Blonde White Women and loving lol if you’ve been watching WWE for a good amount of time and don’t see that

I doubt WWE will care if its better. Because it won't get much attention from the mainstream outlets. Charlotte/Ronda will, and that's all that matters to the WWE.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

It's funny how Hell in a Cell was so good, but the worst match of the night involved Daniel Bryan. 6 months into his comeback and oof... it's been a bumpy ride.

The mixed tag match was a 5 star tokyo dome classic compared to that dogshit main event.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i did notice during the ad for the wwe shop that the 'headlining' merch had changed from roman/ronda to shield/becky/braun so maybe the beck push is real

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vaguido posted:

The mixed tag match was a 5 star tokyo dome classic compared to that dogshit main event.

Roman main events don't count, they're their own entity.

On a side note, if the survivor series champ vs champ thing happens we'll finally get AJ in a main event. Or we battle to see which show has the best samoan joe.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

Oh cool, I was hoping she'd get signed after last year's MYC

Yup. She's also been defending the company on twitter. NXT is in desperate need of some decent female babyfaces as well. I mean right now you have on the lower tier, Candice and Dakota. Nikki Cross in the mid tier, and Kairi in the championship spot. Io is likely going to debut soon as well, but she'll probably end up turning heel sometime before Wrestlemania since quite a few people are scrambling to see Io/Kairi at Takeover: Brooklyn during Wrestlemania weekend. Since it will be the only time we'll be able to see those two have a good match that isn't hamstrung by main roster booking.

Also apparently her and Keith Lee are a thing now. :3:

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 17, 2018

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

DarkstarIV posted:

That's how it came off to me last night as well. Crowd had a mixed reaction on Becky refusing to shake Charlotte's hand. Regardless, I think at the end of this entire debacle, Becky is going to be champion. And the only program WWE can really run that people want to see is Becky/Asuka. I would have Becky beat most of the roster leading up into Wrestlemania, and then have Asuka topple her at the event, because Becky's hubris gets the better of her (in terms of non kayfabe, it would make up for Asuka's pretty lovely 2018, and also give WWE a Wrestlemania Moment of Becky finally losing the title). I feel like the Naomi stuff is just a way to keep Asuka busy at this point without completely removing her from TV.

Oh and speaking of the women, while it's been strongly rumored for awhile now, Mia Yim (fka Jade in TNA) very likely signed a deal with WWE if some of her more recent tweets are any indication.

It's adorable that you think that Asuka is going to be anything other than a comedy foreigner now. She's been Jindered.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

a bitchin jetski posted:

It's adorable that you think that Asuka is going to be anything other than a comedy foreigner now. She's been Jindered.

Reminder: Everyone here thought Becky would be a comedy foreigner as well. And Asuka still has a decent amount of protection where it actually matters. Yeah she's lost several title shots against Carmella, but knowing WWE's boneheaded booking, they probably felt like she was being protected (while making Carmella look good). And she's never been pinned on Smackdown (her one loss was due to Becky being pinned) or has yet to eat a pin at house shows. If they were going to turn her into a comedy jobber/foreigner like you described, she would be eating pins and submissions left and right.

It's amazing how quickly people (myself included) will scream that someone is dead and buried forever, just for WWE to end up pushing them into the title picture and fixing it.

And again, WWE seems to be doubling down on Becky's heel turn. Assuming she is still champion after her feud with Charlotte is done, that leaves three babyfaces for her to fight. Naomi, Asuka, and Lana. It doesn't seem like Smackdown will be getting any new female babyfaces soon, and if Nikki Cross is called up, she'll either be a heel or end up like her Sanity buddies.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 17, 2018

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Let's not focus on the dumb and bad booking and consider, that loving kip up by Drew Mac.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

tweet my meat posted:

Becky won 100 percent clean, or at least 80 or 90 percent.

She countered her opponents finisher, it wasn't just a roll up. Would have liked to see the tapout after all that arm work, but this was good too.

It was kind of like NXT Takeover Rival when Sasha won the title by pinning Charlotte. Sasha tried to get the submission, but ended up weakening Charlotte so much she was able to get the pin . Not winning with her finisher didn't take away form the win.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Becky kinda cheated cause she brainwashed the crowd into cheering against the hero. Good thing security was there to remove some of their anti charlotte signs and snap them out of it.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

RealFoxy posted:

Flash pins are a callback to the lovely Diva era booking where everyone's finisher seemed to be some variation of roll-up. It's the worst kind of cop-out unless you follow up properly on it, this is a win Becky NEEDED and she wins it by roll-up. I don't trust the WWE Main roster to even bring it up outside of Charolette trying to get sympathy. It could have been better executed, see NXT where Kairi gets a fluke-looking pinfall while Shayna is trying to apply a submission and Shayna is on a warpath claiming she was pinned but wasn't beaten.

It just reeks of WWE not actually wanting to pull the trigger on Becky because it might hurt Charolette.

I think it works well for being a "weak" finish early in the feud (there will be rematches, and I didn't want Becky to lose the first match of the feud). Charlotte tapping verbally after screaming in pain, Becky beat her almost unconscious would have been the most satisfying ending, but you can't really go anywhere from there.

There's some doubt going into the rematch, and they can build to further drama from a start of a clean pin reversing a signature move.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

DarkstarIV posted:

It's amazing how quickly people (myself included) will scream that someone is dead and buried forever, just for WWE to end up pushing them into the title picture and fixing it.

TBF, Finn Balor is dead and buried forever

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Post-diva revolution has had a shitload of rollups too, let's not kid ourselves.

You know I just figured out why Evolution is so EXTREMELY diva. They're bringing back the diva's title to be the women's equivalent of the IC title. Or worse, it'll be their equivalent of the US title. At least it'd be a belt that Asuka could win.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Asuka winning a divas belt is some monkeys paw poo poo that wouldn't be out of place in the wwe

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Astro7x posted:

It was kind of like NXT Takeover Rival when Sasha won the title by pinning Charlotte. Sasha tried to get the submission, but ended up weakening Charlotte so much she was able to get the pin . Not winning with her finisher didn't take away form the win.

Also I think the commentary should have mentioned how hard it would be to get a submission win in a fatal four way, since you can wait to be saved. I can respect the view that commentators shouldn't say anything that might hint at the finish.

But in Bayley vs Charlotte vs Becky vs Sasha, yeah Charlotte and Bayley had an advantage.

Professor Funk posted:

If the title scene shows anything, it's that Vince likes them big.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Blaise330 posted:

Post-diva revolution has had a shitload of rollups too, let's not kid ourselves.

You know I just figured out why Evolution is so EXTREMELY diva. They're bringing back the diva's title to be the women's equivalent of the IC title. Or worse, it'll be their equivalent of the US title. At least it'd be a belt that Asuka could win.

They aren't going to bring back the divas title. And as long as the women are confined to two separate brands and almost never allowed to cross paths, I don't see a mid card singles title being introduced. Asuka winning the Smackdown title isn't unheard of, especially considering once Charlotte jumps ship to RAW, Asuka becomes the #1 female babyface on the brand if you want to follow WWE's booking of Becky.

Professor Funk posted:

Finn also throws shade at the company on a somewhat regular basis, so that doesn't exactly help him.

Anyways, Becky is likely holding onto the title for awhile if you look at all of the upcoming events, the only real chances she has of losing the title after Evolution is TLC and Elimination Chamber. WWE seems to have grown averse to having the Smackdown Women's Title change hands on TV. And assuming she retains at both, she'll have roughly a 6 month reign (and they'll be looking to make a Wrestlemania Moment as well, and Asuka's contract is up in late 2019 apparently, so I can see them giving her the title as an incentive to sign a new deal). The fact that they are keeping her separated from Asuka on TV feels intentional.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 17, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Asuka winning the Smackdown title isn't unheard of

You've been talking about hypothetical scenarios where she could be cared about and win it at any point in the next year for the past 8 months now, believe me, you're making sure it's heard of

I can't think of any one who's had less TV time but still been considered a definite future main champ for sure. Even the diehard Miz fans who swore he'd be a world champ again in the past two years were backed up by him having matches every week and actually being a midcard champ at times

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

You've been talking about hypothetical scenarios where she could be cared about and win it at any point in the next year for the past 8 months now, believe me, you're making sure it's heard of

I can't think of any one who's had less TV time but still been considered a definite future main champ for sure. Even the diehard Miz fans who swore he'd be a world champ again in the past two years were backed up by him having matches every week and actually being a midcard champ at times

We all thought Carmella wouldn't win the title either. Or that Becky would ever be champ again.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

bradzilla posted:

Let's not focus on the dumb and bad booking and consider, that loving kip up by Drew Mac.

That kip up was fantastic.

Also horny posting should be allowed but only for me and only for talking about Drew.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

We all thought Carmella wouldn't win the title either. Or that Becky would ever be champ again.

No we didn't

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm sorry dude but you've been making incorrect predictions for months now about Asuka winning the title and I think at this point you just need to accept that she's been Nakamura'd except there's no midcard belt for her to win as a consolation prize.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

I'm sorry dude but you've been making incorrect predictions for months now about Asuka winning the title and I think at this point you just need to accept that she's been Nakamura'd except there's no midcard belt for her to win as a consolation prize.

Nah, I'm going to remain optimistic. Where people in here seem to want to see Asuka fail or are writing her off, when it seems like the opposite is going to happen. If you don't like reading me being optimistic about Asuka's future, then don't reply. I'm not doing any harm by posting about it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vaguido posted:

That kip up was fantastic.

Also horny posting should be allowed but only for me and only for talking about Drew.

But then no one will ever be able to post about Finn again

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I wonder how many people bought tickets to HIAC expecting to be shocked into silence by Drew McIntyre

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Blaise330 posted:

i think it’s more that WWE is granting Evolution the “respect” of booking it like a Wrestlemania. Part-timers, nostalgia, moments up the wazoo!!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Our fair hero Roman Reigns is going to start Raw by announcing Braun's cash-in didn't count, right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was kind of Braun to make sure people forgot about Sandow's cash-in being the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

Nah, I'm going to remain optimistic. Where people in here seem to want to see Asuka fail or are writing her off, when it seems like the opposite is going to happen. If you don't like reading me being optimistic about Asuka's future, then don't reply. I'm not doing any harm by posting about it.

There's no reason to be optimistic.

• Locked thread