Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

I'm sorry dude but you've been making incorrect predictions for months now about Asuka winning the title and I think at this point you just need to accept that she's been Nakamura'd except there's no midcard belt for her to win as a consolation prize.

Also Nakamura doesn't even defend said midcard belt because he's not booked either lol

There were really no successes on even a minor basis from that Rumble and I kinda feel bad for thinking for even a moment it had any potential to be a turning point in their booking, there was no evidence for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Chris James 2 posted:

It was kind of Braun to make sure people forgot about Sandow's cash-in being the worst

Remind me how Sandow's is more pathetic than Baron's cash-in of ambushing Jinder after a match, then getting immediately rolled up?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

OctoberCountry posted:

Meltzer said on this morning's WOR that the idea behind the match ending was to get the crowd behind Charlotte as a face and Becky is still a heel in their long-term plans

lmao so the only good thing on the show was an accident

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wazzu posted:

Remind me how Sandow's is more pathetic than Baron's cash-in of ambushing Jinder after a match, then getting immediately rolled up?

Corbin getting distracted by handsome John Cena is relatable, Sandow kicking handsome John Cena's rear end for 20 minutes and then immediately losing isn't

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I don't think they will ever do Becky vs Asuka because both of these ladies are foreign and talk funny. And neither of them are blonde.

What am I going to do, boo and laugh at BOTH of them?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

It was kind of Braun to make sure people forgot about Sandow's cash-in being the worst

Baron Corbin's was worse

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE is bringing back Starrcade again. Here is the advertised card for the Thanksgiving weekend show.

quote:

*The Shield vs. Braun Strowman & Drew McIntyre & Dolph Ziggler - Cincy Street Fight.

*WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe - Steel Cage Match.

*WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair - Steel Cage Match.

*WWE United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev.

*WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Bar.

*Elias in concert with Ric Flair appearing.

*Also appearing are Kevin Owens, Alexa Bliss and Finn Balor.
It takes place in Ohio this year.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

WWE.com posted:

Paul Heyman, meanwhile, incapacitated Foley with what looked like pepper spray to the face, leaving the replacement ref no choice but to call off the match. So Strowman’s cash-in fails. Reigns’ big defense ends in ruins. And Brock Lesnar stands atop the wreckage. Welcome to hell, indeed.
lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Good lord that loving main event. So loving transparent! They knew their ending was gonna suck, they knew their ending was gonna piss off the fans, they KNEW that everyone was gonna boo Roman, so they sent Seth and Dolph out there to do a poor Foley/Undertaker followed by a lovely fall onto the table to try and trick everyone. The cunts.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WWE: welcome to hell, indeed

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The only way Starrcade would be worth watching is if Rusev beats Nakamura

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

hey remember when Braun pinned Roman five minutes into the match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All of you people complaining about a babyface roll up win should be ashamed of yourselves. Bret Hart, dangit.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
It absolutely makes sense now that Brock is back specifically because the Saudis paid for it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

its nice of the house of saud to be the weathervane on being totally loving wrong on everything

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

jesus WEP posted:

WWE: welcome to hell, indeed

It was nice of them to give us the next thread title

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That Maryse "roll up" was loving shameful

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

WWE is bringing back Starrcade again. Here is the advertised card for the Thanksgiving weekend show.

It takes place in Ohio this year.

Ohhhh, there's the "gently caress you Cody" we were expecting after All In. Resurrecting his dad's show as their fourth? PPV in three months.

Nice to see that the matches that should have been in a cage at their cage PPV are gonna be in them at this one instead!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Draxion posted:

Ohhhh, there's the "gently caress you Cody" we were expecting after All In. Resurrecting his dad's show as their fourth? PPV in three months.

Nice to see that the matches that should have been in a cage at their cage PPV are gonna be in them at this one instead!

Starrcade happened last year as well. And we don't know if this will be televised or not (last year's wasn't). Probably not since TLC is only a few weeks after it but still.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why are they still doing Elias 'concerts'

Is his character ever going to go anywhere

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's WWE no one's characters are going anywhere

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Starrcade happened last year as well. And we don't know if this will be televised or not (last year's wasn't). Probably not since TLC is only a few weeks after it but still.

Honestly... who the hell cares what the show is called? You present the exact same card at a house show, nobody cares. Advertise it as "Starrcade" and people get all pissed. Like, it's a house show with the same matches we just saw on PPV, but a near zero chance that anything important will happen like a title change because it won't be televised.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Why are they still doing Elias 'concerts'

Is his character ever going to go anywhere

Because they get a reaction.

No.

(And he shouldn't. Elias is a painfully one dimensional talent.)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Remember when Bobby Lashley was WWE's big post-Wrestlemania signing and now he hasn't appeared on two straight PPVs

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I thought the mixed tag was pretty good aside from the ending.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Asuka has as much chance of winning another title as anyone else on the roster does. That is to say, whenever whoever is booking Charolette and Becky get bored of it, or Charolette moves to RAW to feud with Rousey there's as equal of a chance that anyone on the Smackdown roster gets random, insignificant title matches because anything other than Roman Reigns has no real long-term booking or thought behind it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Man I'm sure glad they had that big cage so nobody could get in and mess any of these fights up.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Professor Funk posted:

Remember when Bobby Lashley was WWE's big post-Wrestlemania signing and now he hasn't appeared on two straight PPVs

He also beat Roman Reigns on a PPV completely clean but then he lost to him on a nothing Raw for number 1 contendership, so he never earned a match with Brock.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Push El Burrito posted:

Man I'm sure glad they had that big cage so nobody could get in and mess any of these fights up.
I don't have a problem with that because it happens every other HIAC match but ending in a no-contest is very lol because it's supposed to be the end-all WWE gimmick match and it never really has been. You can give the attitude era a pass because ratings, attendance, and buzz were through the roof but lol they still won't fully pull the trigger on Roman and just let him win matches like Cena did

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RealFoxy posted:

I don't have a problem with that because it happens every other HIAC match but ending in a no-contest is very lol because it's supposed to be the end-all WWE gimmick match and it never really has been. You can give the attitude era a pass because ratings, attendance, and buzz were through the roof but lol they still won't fully pull the trigger on Roman and just let him win matches like Cena did

But it's a No DQ match. At the very least, somebody crawls over the dead body of the other person and a ref counts the pin. Brock could have F5ed Roman onto Braun and had a ref count it, that would have been acceptable, to me at least.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

We've seen so many people rip doors off of or kick down doors on cages that they're completely pointless in every way

Nobody went into that match thinking there wouldn't be outside interference - it's just stupid to bother with them as a gimmick

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

At least the elimination chamber has the timed pod release thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

He's confirmed for Super Showdown!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/9/17/17868914/wwe-hell-in-a-cell-2018-match-time-list

Roman and Braun were down for 7 and a half minutes before Brock showed up.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

VJeff posted:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/9/17/17868914/wwe-hell-in-a-cell-2018-match-time-list

Roman and Braun were down for 7 and a half minutes before Brock showed up.

sometimes for fun i time how much...time...passes between the ending bell for the 2nd to last match on RAW and the beginning bell for the last match. it's generally like 12 minutes

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

He's confirmed for Super Showdown!

If I got to choose between having a UC title match or hanging out with John Cena, it would be an easy choice.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol this company will continue to be trash because no other company can challenge them

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

cavallingus posted:

Lol this company will continue to be trash because no other company can challenge them

couldn't even get a sponsor for hell in a cell

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

boar guy posted:

couldn't even get a sponsor for hell in a cell

Their mobile video game was the sponser!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Millions of companies lining up to sponsor https://streamable.com/sznqw

• Locked thread