Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what appears to be minor damage to the fender actually completely totals the car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

lmao that’s a perfectly ordinary Camry dent

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

lol at all the people vehemently defending it in that thread

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Probably for the best if insurance actually paid out the price of the car

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the glass jaw joe of cars

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
lemon party: stop and smell the musk

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

prisoner of waffles posted:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

incels interlinked posted:

look, it's entirely normal for there to be a poison palm strike point on every car

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

That's certainly one way to increase demand.

infernal machines posted:

look, it's entirely normal for there to be a poison palm strike point on every car
The Five-Point Exploding Car technique

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

SardonicTyrant posted:

That's certainly one way to increase demand.
The Five-Point Exploding Car technique

the digging holes and filling them in again of automakers

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i'm waking up
to ash and musk
i wipe my rear end and i slap my nuts

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

President Beep posted:

Hi, r/tesla! So, ummmm... my M3 is on fire

should be posting that to /r/bmw

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ate all the Oreos posted:

y'all are thinking too small. what we need are ejection seats, ones that have enough rocket power to boost you high enough for a chute to deploy

no YOU are thinking too small. what we need is for Elon to re-use the rocket landing technology from SpaceX. eject, land using thrusters, then you can plop the old ejected seat into a new tesla!

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

y'all are thinking too small. what we need are ejection seats, ones that have enough rocket power to boost you high enough for a chute to deploy

Every car comes with a flight suit and helmet so you can cosplay Goose from Top Gun on the way out.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Eriamjh1138Y 13 points 5 months ago
This is why 5mph bumpers were invented.

Some people might call this a design defect. Minor crashes should not sustain major damage.

[–]sixteenbits 6 points 5 months ago
He's driving a car which gets stellar safety ratings from the NHTSA. Part of what makes these cars exceptionally safe is the node design. Yes, it's not easy to fix when damaged, but this is part of the tradeoff for exceptional safety. Also, again, the damage you may discern from a single exterior image is not necessarily indicative of internal damage.

you see safe cars didn't exist until musk invented them personally

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh my god it doesn't stop

quote:

[–]SucreTeaseModel S 100D 8 points 5 months ago
I guess that what this suggests is that the whole reason that the crash damage appears to be relatively minor is entirely because of how well designed the frame and subframe are to absorb the energy of the collision and prevent folding of the vehicle into the passenger compartment—i.e. the nodes cracking instead of the car collapsing.

ah yes the reason why your tiny 5mph crash appears to be minor is only because the car is so good at safety, a normal car would have imploded into a neutron star the moment anything tapped the bumper

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ah yes the reason why your tiny 5mph crash appears to be minor is only because the car is so good at safety, a normal car would have imploded into a neutron star the moment anything tapped the bumper

Can confirm.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1041745139432087554

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:yeshaha:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
finally, elon gets his day in court!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ok but if he wasn't a pedo why didn't he sue me sooner huh, how about that :smug:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Assault?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

verbal, probably

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iirc in commonwealth countries you can be verbally assaulted

e;

quote:

There are three offences that someone who uses "threatening, abusive or insulting" language in a public place may been deemed to have committed. (These offences can also be committed in a private place if what is said is audible outside. They also apply to similar behaviour and the display of similar posters, pictures or signs.) All three offences fall under the Public Order Act 1986.

The least serious is under section 5. Here it is an offence to use threatening, abusive or insulting words within the hearing of someone likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress by them. So the prosecution have to show only that there was someone else present who might have been caused harassment, alarm or distress, not that anyone actually was. This person could in some cases be the police officer who then goes on to arrest the person, but the courts have taken the line that police officers, exposed to bad language on a daily basis, can be assumed to be fairly robust and far less likely to be offended than others.

Section 4A makes it an offence to use threatening, abusive or insulting language with the intention of causing someone else harassment, alarm or distress. The offence is only committed if it has that effect.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

elon musk (WHO DID NOT EVEN INHALE)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

where's the suit been filed? UK?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

iirc in commonwealth countries you can be verbally assaulted

most places in america work this way too (actually hitting someone is usually called battery)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Poniard posted:

elon musk (WHO DID NOT EVEN INHALE)

IK, R????

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
how is that breaking news though

BREAKING NEWS - North Carolina wet following passage of hurricane

mewse
May 2, 2006

your honor I would suggest you do your research. do you know what the #1 industry in pattaya is. case closed

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

how many teslas were left to die in the path of hurricane florence

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FrozenVent posted:

how is that breaking news though

BREAKING NEWS - North Carolina wet following passage of hurricane

they just filed the suit today in california

presumably either musk refused to settle or simply didn't reply to the lawyer's previous letter

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Poniard posted:

how many teslas were left to die in the path of hurricane florence

remember when they increased the range on all teslas in florida for like a week to allow people to flee the hurricane last year, wonder if they did that this time :allears:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, they did.

c-spam freaked out upon learning of software-locked feature differentiation

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/kadhimshubber/status/1041749437368987650

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

What are you gonna do, sue me?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

most places in america work this way too (actually hitting someone is usually called battery)

I ANAL but i think here assault is like plausibly threatening someone with imminent physical harm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

don't we all?