Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I am gonna say one good thing about this PPV.

Renee was kind of an empty chair at first but she's picked this up very fast. I was enjoying her last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Saint Freak posted:

Their mobile video game was the sponser!

That game is hot garbage.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Vandar posted:

That game is hot garbage.
it's a good way to pass time while on the bus :shobon:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I like overbooked matches when it’s done right. You got HIAC, Braun, Shield, tag champs, Brock, Heyman, and Mick Foley as ref. That’s a lot going on and there are a hundred different ways they could have gone with that, it could have been a grand old stupid time even if (ugh) Roman retained.

Not only did they do the least satisfying thing possible, they did the one thing the match type (the PPV gimmick!!!) is set up to specifically not allow.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope they do braun/brock and then roman/braun/brock and then roman/braun again leading up to roman/brock. or i guess do all that in reverse order starting at wrestlemania since brock won't be able to do anything for a while. Whatever is good

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

bloodysabbath posted:

I like overbooked matches when it’s done right. You got HIAC, Braun, Shield, tag champs, Brock, Heyman, and Mick Foley as ref. That’s a lot going on and there are a hundred different ways they could have gone with that, it could have been a grand old stupid time even if (ugh) Roman retained.

Not only did they do the least satisfying thing possible, they did the one thing the match type (the PPV gimmick!!!) is set up to specifically not allow.

WHATTA SWERVE, THOUGH, RIGHT?!!?!?!?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Astro7x posted:

Honestly... who the hell cares what the show is called? You present the exact same card at a house show, nobody cares. Advertise it as "Starrcade" and people get all pissed. Like, it's a house show with the same matches we just saw on PPV, but a near zero chance that anything important will happen like a title change because it won't be televised.

If we're being honest I wonder why they even bother doing House Shows anymore, I doubt they form a notable chunk of the company's income at all anymore, and it would probably improve the televised content a little cause the talent would be working less

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Working their talent to an early grave is a WWE company policy. They want another John Cena but John Cena is a robot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

drrockso20 posted:

If we're being honest I wonder why they even bother doing House Shows anymore, I doubt they form a notable chunk of the company's income at all anymore, and it would probably improve the televised content a little cause the talent would be working less

House shows are extremely profitable. Yeah TV is more profitable but a company isn't going to give up a bunch of profit for no reason.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

in 2017 they took in 151.2 million at live shows and sold 24 million in merch

they had i think 800 million in revenue in 2017

so yeah, live shows ain't going nowhere

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
plus house shows give wrestlers time to practice matches for TV which WWE desperately needs since so many of their pushed people can't wrestle

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Talent enjoys house shows for whatever that's worth.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only real negative of house shows has always been how much significant injuries seem to happen there

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

The only real negative of house shows has always been how much significant injuries seem to happen there

i mean, travel takes a very real toll

being on the road 4 days a week, 48 weeks a year is going to grind anyone to dust. i did it for one summer working production for CART and the boredom and loneliness almost did me in. there's nothing to do on the road but drink

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE has such a big roster they can even afford to give talent house shows off for a couple weeks a year and just cycle other guys in but nope!

jamcadbury
Nov 12, 2004
South Side Mexican
So was there not a lock on the HIAC door or something in order for Brock to kick it in so easily

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

jamcadbury posted:

So was there not a lock on the HIAC door or something in order for Brock to kick it in so easily

It was locked but the chain wasn't actually holding the door shut, the door kick was honestly pretty cool, I love how he just used the door as a ramp up to the ring after kicking it down.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

WWE has such a big roster they can even afford to give talent house shows off for a couple weeks a year and just cycle other guys in but nope!

New Year's Eve is on a Monday and New Year's Day 2019 is Tuesday. Talent will probably have to work both days live/away from families too (Raw crew doing it for the second year in a row because New Year's 2018 was on a Monday) even though taping it in advance would be much easier, quicker, and more generous to the talent who so constantly put their bodies on the line

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

jamcadbury posted:

saw someone on reddit theorize that the cell was red so that plastic hinges or what have you on the cage door wouldn't stand out. that makes as much sense as anything to me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

New Year's Eve is on a Monday and New Year's Day 2019 is Tuesday. Talent will probably have to work both days live/away from families too (Raw crew doing it for the second year in a row because New Year's 2018 was on a Monday) even though taping it in advance would be much easier, quicker, and more generous to the talent who so constantly put their bodies on the line

I actually think they might be taping New Year's the Friday before in Detroit.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

drrockso20 posted:

a huge chunk of the roster would never get a chance to work matches in front of a crowd without them.

MassRafTer posted:

Why rotate the roster out when you can just start a 4th or 5th traveling roster for more house shows?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Chris James 2 posted:

Millions of companies lining up to sponsor https://streamable.com/sznqw

God, what a stupid bump.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
So many sponsors they can afford to chase some away next time they want to *checks notes* name a women's event after a pimp.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

And somehow that's probably still one of the safer bumps Jeff Hardy has taken

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Drugs, am I right?!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Evolution is a very interesting name for a pimp

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
I quite like the red cage. Feels like it makes the people in the ring pop out a bit more than the silver, to my eyes anyway.

Also Elias is a touring musician. The gently caress else is he suppose to do? Not have concerts?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol they're paying Brock over a million dollars for the Saudi show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cavallingus posted:

Ric Flair was in that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

wandler20 posted:

lol they're paying Brock over a million dollars for the Saudi show.

Imagine how many saudi oil slaves and trafficked humans that million dollars could pay for their labor

Instead some uninterested barons can text on their phones from the front row entirely ignoring the trip to suplex city they paid for

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cavallingus posted:

It's a mystery

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Dangerous Person posted:

My brother signed up for the network to watch that show

I canceled mine because of the booking leading up to that show.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://www.change.org/p/snickers-needs-to-apologize-the-fabulous-moolah-her-family-women-of-camp-moolah-and-fans

Lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yeah the WWE is REALLY going to listen to 500 fans

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

poo poo, they're so close to their goal of nothing loving happening!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah the WWE is REALLY going to listen to 500 fans

F- reading comprehension

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Astro7x posted:

But it's a No DQ match. At the very least, somebody crawls over the dead body of the other person and a ref counts the pin. Brock could have F5ed Roman onto Braun and had a ref count it, that would have been acceptable, to me at least.
They literally opened the PPV with the announce team explaining that the only way HiaC matches can end is pinfall or submission.

WWE can't even remember its own rules for the duration of a single show.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Saint Freak posted:

F- reading comprehension
Snickers is less likely to listen tbh

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The joke is 400 people are mad a pimp lost her legacy that WWE would've handed to her because of a candy bar. This is humorous as an absurd statement that can only happen in the most carny trash imaginable line of work - professional wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah the WWE is REALLY going to listen to 500 fans WWE Universes

• Locked thread