Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

shiksa posted:

saw someone on reddit theorize that the cell was red so that plastic hinges or what have you on the cage door wouldn't stand out. that makes as much sense as anything to me.

Then why not paint the hinges?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Shinsuke Nakamura vs Rusev for the US Title was announced for tomorrow's Smackdown.

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1041769078627680256

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Vaguido posted:

He also beat Roman Reigns on a PPV completely clean but then he lost to him on a nothing Raw for number 1 contendership, so he never earned a match with Brock.

This poo poo is still hilarious to me. Lashley comes back, is moderately pushed and then gets a clean pinfall over Roman while they're trying to determine a #1 contender. Then he loses the actual contender match and totally becomes another afterthought. This company has the attention span of a gnat outside of overbooking everything that involves Roman Reigns. And the Reigns overbooking doesn't even make him look good half of the time, they're just trying to 4th dimensional chess get people to stop booing him because they're so stupid and stubborn.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DeepDickPizza posted:

This poo poo is still hilarious to me. Lashley comes back, is moderately pushed and then gets a clean pinfall over Roman while they're trying to determine a #1 contender. Then he loses the actual contender match and totally becomes another afterthought. This company has the attention span of a gnat outside of overbooking everything that involves Roman Reigns.
In fairness to the WWE in this one specific case, Lashley has sucked on toast every second he's been on television since his return and forgetting he exists until he fucks back off to TNA is absolutely the right call.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Rusev for the US Title was announced for tomorrow's Smackdown.

This will be pretty cool until Randy interferes to attack Rusev

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

DarkstarIV posted:

This has already happened recently hasn't it?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

CapnAndy posted:

In fairness to the WWE in this one specific case, Lashley has sucked on toast every second he's been on television since his return and forgetting he exists until he fucks back off to TNA is absolutely the right call.

It's just wild with the way they book to protect Roman (without actually putting him over strong consistently, either) that one of the small handful of guys they've trusted to get a clean pinfall over him is Bobby Lashley, a guy who they don't actually seem to actually have any plans for.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The only way to rehab Roman's image at this point is give him a new pantsless gimmick and call him The Weiner Dog

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Slap some assless chaps on The Big DogTM and have him do a stripper gimmick. That's a shoot, brother

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone know what was said when Heyman was going off after coming out last night that kept getting censored? Was Heyman the one getting censored or was some rear end in a top hat in the crowd yelling poo poo behind him?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

explosivo posted:

Anyone know what was said when Heyman was going off after coming out last night that kept getting censored? Was Heyman the one getting censored or was some rear end in a top hat in the crowd yelling poo poo behind him?

I think it was some goddamnits and they didn't get all of them.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

WWE.com posted:

Brock Lesnar forced his way inside the Hell in a Cell structure, leading to an unprecedented conclusion in the main event of WWE Hell in a Cell.
Emphasis mine. lmao they are going to run with the whole HISTORIC FIRST TME EVER bit and pretend that the WWE Universe is abuzz over the biggest No Contest ever.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The most surprising gently caress finish in WWE history until the next WWE PPV main event

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The only option is to place Braun and Roman in ...

... A PUNJABI PRISON MATCH

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Davros1 posted:

The only option is to place Braun and Roman in ...

... A PUNJABI PRISON MATCH
with jinder hoisted above lol

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Incessant Excess posted:

I think it was some goddamnits and they didn't get all of them.

They show Randy Orton putting a screwdriver through Hardy's ear, but we can't hear someone say Goddamnit?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

cavallingus posted:

with jinder hoisted above lol

put the singhs in there and have them be the weapons jinder drops down for roman and braun to use

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I did it guys, I finally did it. I've been a Network subscriber since day 1 and I finally axed that poo poo. I'll probably sign back up for the rumble but what's the point of having it until then?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

wandler20 posted:

I did it guys, I finally did it. I've been a Network subscriber since day 1 and I finally axed that poo poo. I'll probably sign back up for the rumble but what's the point of having it until then?

NXT (and the respective Takeovers) and Mae Young Classic. That's about it, to be honest! Unless you have Hulu, although apparently they charge money in general now to watch anything on their site? News to me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i liked when arli$$ was on wcw and macho man did the elbow drop to billy kidman and raised him up before the 3 count to punish him a bit more but arli$$ didn't know any loving thing and immediately went into yelling about the resilience of billy kidman to kick out. it was the real guy but playing the character arli$$. Cya

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Robert Wuhl would've booked late stage WCW better than Russo or Bischoff.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

wandler20 posted:

Watching Takeover live in November?

I stopped my subscription last month with the intention of subscribing just for the Takeovers (and if I can get free months for them all the better).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Congrats/thank you friend <3

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Every time one of you guys cancel I subscribe under a different email address

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont understand why they think i will boo brock: the guy enjoys punching people, taking wwe money for the minimun effort and married sable. the guy is a badass

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont understand why they think i will boo brock: the guy enjoys punching people, taking wwe money for the minimun effort and married sable. the guy is a badass

"Why would I watch the show, Paul?" biggest babyface line of the decade.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i really appreciate WWE taking a torch to brock's popularity for months and then having him get a mega-pop when he returns one month into roman's title run lmao

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So apparently there are people out there who want to see more Ronda vs Alexa matches. :psyduck:

It's like they didn't watch how awful their match was last night.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

So apparently there are people out there who want to see more Ronda vs Alexa matches. :psyduck:

Scorching take: It was as good as Charlotte and Becky, but at least everyone wanted Becky to win.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

It's funny that at SummerSlam they did the squash not because it was exactly the kind of match Ronda vs. Alexa should be but because the show had a billion matches and they needed to cut time. Then at HiaC they did the "real" match and it was garbage. WWE style, folks. :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's probably not what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

Nah, I'm going to remain optimistic. Where people in here seem to want to see Asuka fail or are writing her off, when it seems like the opposite is going to happen. If you don't like reading me being optimistic about Asuka's future, then don't reply. I'm not doing any harm by posting about it.

fatherofmustard posted:

There's no reason to be optimistic.

People should optimism and hope wherever they can :colbert:

Besides, DarkstarIV is right that there is plenty of precedent for WWE just randomly making somebody a champion long past the point they should have or after loving up the booking plenty of times. It doesn't mean they'll suddenly start booking Asuka right (lord knows it shouldn't be difficult) but her being champion at some point in the next year certainly wouldn't be unusual in WWE's history.

Plus remember that WWE explicitly and specifically promised me personally they were going to do a Becky/Asuka feud. :argh:

• Locked thread