Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bryan Singer in talks to direct Red Sonja

Hollywood Reporter posted:

The X-Men: Apocalypse helmer, who has battled bad PR, lawsuits and continued scrutiny in the post-#MeToo era — none of which seems to have stuck — would take the reins on a big-screen adaptation of the 1970s sword and sorcery Conan the Barbarian comic book spinoff. Ashley Miller, who wrote X-Men: First Class (which Singer produced), is writing the screenplay.

Millennium is financing and producing the new version of Sonja and is hoping to start a franchise and capture the audience that turned out for Warner Bros.' Wonder Woman. Millennium’s Avi Lerner and Joe Gatta are producing alongside Cinelou’s Mark Canton and Courtney Solomon.

Sources say Millennium will pay Singer top dollar for the assignment, which is seen as a step toward rehabilitating the director's image. Singer was fired by Fox after repeatedly not showing up for work on the set of its Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody, among other work offenses. In December, he was sued by Cesar Sanchez-Guzman, who accused the director of raping him when he was a 17-year-old boy in 2003. It wasn't the first time that Singer had faced such an accusation.

But Singer wound up overseeing the editing of Bohemian Rhapsody and is poised to receive full directing credit. The movie is now generating strong buzz inside and outside of the studio. While audiences and critics will be the jury on Bohemian Rhapsody when it opens Nov. 2, Millennium is willing to take a chance on Singer given that "none of the allegations seem to have merit," says an insider.

Singer was dropped by his agency, WME, earlier this year and has been negotiating the Red Sonja deal with the help of his attorney David Feldman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I've always kind of wondered about the Singer stuff. It's really genuinely odd how not one thing has stuck to him, despite people coming at him with accusations for like 75% of his career.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

World exclusive: Video shows Harvey Weinstein behaving inappropriately with businesswoman
https://news.sky.com/story/world-exclusive-video-shows-harvey-weinstein-behaving-inappropriately-with-businesswoman-11496038

Introducing Soon-Yi Previn As controversies tumbled around her, the daughter of Mia Farrow and wife of Woody Allen stayed silent for decades. No more.
http://www.vulture.com/2018/09/soon-yi-previn-speaks.html

California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation of sexual assault
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...917b_story.html

Bill Cosby's wife wants ethics board to investigate judge
https://www.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosbys-wife-wants-ethics-board-investigate-judge-154742718.html

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I've always kind of wondered about the Singer stuff. It's really genuinely odd how not one thing has stuck to him, despite people coming at him with accusations for like 75% of his career.

Devils advocate, how many of these accusations have come out after he’s had boatloads of money and influence as a directors / producer? Because it’s not that odd that a rich person with power in the industry has had things mysteriously not stick to him

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

teacup posted:

Devils advocate, how many of these accusations have come out after he’s had boatloads of money and influence as a directors / producer? Because it’s not that odd that a rich person with power in the industry has had things mysteriously not stick to him

Singer is also incredibly close with Tom Cruise, who's no stranger to making things disappear.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Cause he fuckin' ran away,just like spacey,just like weinstein,just like polanski......

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Zogo posted:

Introducing Soon-Yi Previn As controversies tumbled around her, the daughter of Mia Farrow and wife of Woody Allen stayed silent for decades. No more.
http://www.vulture.com/2018/09/soon-yi-previn-speaks.html

let's talk about this for a second because I don't want to get how lovely this article is lost in how lovely everything else is:

Dylan Farrow's statement:

https://twitter.com/RealDylanFarrow...-yi-previn.html

Statement from (most of) Dylan's siblings:

https://twitter.com/RealDylanFarrow...-yi-previn.html

Statement from Ronan:

https://twitter.com/RonanFarrow/sta...-yi-previn.html

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Coffee And Pie posted:

So Drake is dating an 18-year-old, and people have dug up pictures and stuff of them from 2016. So I’m predicting stuff is gonna come out about him sooner rather than later.

Also casts his friendship(?) with Millie Bobby Brown in a way creepier light, and it was already creepy.

Not uncommon with rappers, look at how old Beyonce was when she started going with Jay-Z.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Anonymous John posted:

Not uncommon with rappers, look at how old Beyonce was when she started going with Jay-Z.

*insert R. Kelly pee joke here*

edit: although it's not a "rapper" thing it's a "musician" thing or even more correctly, a "powerful man" thing

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

jesus christ that article makes Soon-Yi come off as one of the actual worst people alive and every bit as awful as Allen

e: like... she's really, really not a good liar, everything she says about Mia Farrow is either super obviously bullshit or something totally innocuous carefully worded to make her sound like a monster (OH NOOOO MIA FARROW MADE HER TAKE A BATH ON HER OWN).

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

e: like... she's really, really not a good liar, everything she says about Mia Farrow is either super obviously bullshit or something totally innocuous carefully worded to make her sound like a monster (OH NOOOO MIA FARROW MADE HER TAKE A BATH ON HER OWN).

Well, I mean, he's been grooming her since she was a child.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
People ignore Bryan Singer because if they dig deep then they start looking into his close friendship with people like Ian McKellan, and then they start wondering what kind of stories there are about him, and then Patrick Stewart gets brought into it because THEY'RE such good friends, and soon enough you start uncovering shady poo poo you never wanted to know about.

So they ignore Singer, because the domino effect ends in so much sadness.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Zogo posted:

World exclusive: Video shows Harvey Weinstein behaving inappropriately with businesswoman
https://news.sky.com/story/world-exclusive-video-shows-harvey-weinstein-behaving-inappropriately-with-businesswoman-11496038

loving hell :suicide:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Bryan Singer in talks to direct Red Sonja

Red Sonja is one of those movies that multiple directors has been in talks to direct and yet it will never be made.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

she's really, really not a good liar, everything she says about Mia Farrow is either super obviously bullshit or something totally innocuous carefully worded to make her sound like a monster (OH NOOOO MIA FARROW MADE HER TAKE A BATH ON HER OWN).

Her brother Moses has made the same accusations.

What he says is pretty sociopathic if it isn't true (he says one his siblings' 'accidental deaths' was a suicide, and pins the source of that info on another sibling who also committed suicide).

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 18, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Her brother Moses has made the same accusations.

What he says is pretty sociopathic if it isn't true (he says one his siblings' 'accidental deaths' was a suicide, and pins the source of that info on another sibling who also committed suicide).

This family has problems.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fart City posted:

Asia Argento is threatening to sue Rose McGowan after Rose went public with further information about the sexual abuse allegations being levied at Argento, including that she allegedly received nude photos of her accuser when he was only twelve years old.

So.

Everything about this is super gross as gently caress.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/asia-argento-rose-mcgowan-lawsuit-724895/

The deadline passed and Argento is suing

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The weird thing about Singer, despite the obvious, is that he just stopped showing up to shooting and he's done it more than once.

You'd think a director who stopped showing up to set would at least give people pause if theyre but willing to listen to allegations, but here we are.

Somehow the McGowan/Argento mess passed me by, but that's some bold claims for McGowan to be making.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Considering Singer doesn’t have representation anymore, which is pretty much a career death sentence, it seems much more likely it’s a carefully planted rumor more than actual negotiations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

DrVenkman posted:

The weird thing about Singer, despite the obvious, is that he just stopped showing up to shooting and he's done it more than once.

You'd think a director who stopped showing up to set would at least give people pause if theyre but willing to listen to allegations, but here we are.

Somehow the McGowan/Argento mess passed me by, but that's some bold claims for McGowan to be making.

look i'm not going to explicitly say that i believe in some sort of industry- or country-wide chain of child molesters who exist in the upper reaches of our society and are able to avoid getting caught because of all fo the money and power that they have

but if there was some sort of giant nationwide pedo club, Bryan Singer would absolutely be a guy who has dirt on all of those people and keeps getting work and getting away because of that

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

3 A.M. Radio posted:

People ignore Bryan Singer because if they dig deep then they start looking into his close friendship with people like Ian McKellan, and then they start wondering what kind of stories there are about him, and then Patrick Stewart gets brought into it because THEY'RE such good friends, and soon enough you start uncovering shady poo poo you never wanted to know about.

So they ignore Singer, because the domino effect ends in so much sadness.

So, what have people been saying about Ian McKellen?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Anonymous John posted:

So, what have people been saying about Ian McKellen?

McKellen was photographed frequently attending Singer’s parties. Nothing was really thought about it when everyone just figured they were regular Hollywood parties. Now that there are reports of the parties being packed with underage boys and trays of party drugs it casts a more sinister light on his involvement.

Especially considering older gay men preying on young gay men just discovering their sexuality has been a serious problem in the gay community for a very long time.

Please note, I’m not saying such predators are any more likely in our community than they are in the straight community, but the stigma of homosexuality in our culture and sense of isolation means young gay men tend to be more at risk.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 19, 2018

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Patti Davis, daughter of Ronald and Nancy Reagan, reveals she was sexually assaulted, calls Christine Blasey Ford 'brave'
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pat...-223016587.html

Julie Chen announces she's leaving 'The Talk' after husband Moonves' CBS departure
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/julie-chen-announces-shes-leaving-talk-husband-moonves-194306303--abc-news-celebrities.html

14-year-old Millie Bobby Brown and Drake, 31, text 'about boys' and the internet is horrified: 'This is called grooming'
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/14-year-old-millie-bobby-brown-drake-31-text-boys-internet-horrified-called-grooming-162337845.html

Bill Cosby To Get Less Than Three Years Behind Bars For 2004 Rape, Says Judge
https://deadline.com/2018/09/bill-cosby-sentence-three-years-likely-judge-says-1202470189/

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Zogo posted:

Bill Cosby To Get Less Than Three Years Behind Bars For 2004 Rape, Says Judge
https://deadline.com/2018/09/bill-cosby-sentence-three-years-likely-judge-says-1202470189/

He has a solid chance of dying in prison but this poo poo's gotta stop.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

McKellen was photographed frequently attending Singer’s parties. Nothing was really thought about it when everyone just figured they were regular Hollywood parties. Now that there are reports of the parties being packed with underage boys and trays of party drugs it casts a more sinister light on his involvement.

Especially considering older gay men preying on young gay men just discovering their sexuality has been a serious problem in the gay community for a very long time.

Please note, I’m not saying such predators are any more likely in our community than they are in the straight community, but the stigma of homosexuality in our culture and sense of isolation means young gay men tend to be more at risk.

It's purely anecdotal, but the gay people I know tended to have their first experiences with someone that's older. I assume this is usually because at the time you didn't have a lot of choice but to be closeted and so finding someone your own age wasn't really possible. The ones who didn't come out until University or later generally had better experiences, but the ones who knew in high school found themselves with older men. I'm sure it's better now than it was even ten, fifteen years ago given that thankfully people are more accepting (To a point). It's been such a problem because it's been so normalised over the years.

Unfortunately, that means that you have older men willing to indulge because hey, that's what happened to them. There have certainly been some rumours about McKellen, but it usually stems from his appearances at these parties (And to be fair, I'm sure there's plenty of people who have shown up at Singer's parties who had no idea and no interest in what was supposedly going on). Being tangental to the theatre scene, I didn't really hear the same poo poo about him than I did about Spacey, who a lot of people appeared to have stories about.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Cosby sentenced to 3-10 years.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/bill-cosby-sentencing/h_0c7d59ed5afa0c9a93ec37b6e2e23cb5

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Let's see what Weinstein gets.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1044661062388322305

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Let's see what Weinstein gets.

Time as served thanks to Asia Argento.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Slutitution posted:

Time as served thanks to Asia Argento.

I'm not entirely up on what's happened recently but reading about it that whole thing is...I don't know. It turns out that those screenshots of text messages between Argento and someone else is actually the preposterously named Rain Dove, who is actually Rose McGowan's partner. Dove also initially convinced Argento that Bourdain was with a Russian prostitute and overdosed on heroin and also gave her a box of ashes that he said were Bourdain's and that they had been able to 'obtain'.

It's hard to really know what happened between Argento and Bennett (Both stories seem believable - though the photo is particularly damaging) but the more it goes on the crazier it seems to get.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
harvey has been really inconvenienced by this and hasn't got to molest anybody else, which for rich white people might as well be the death sentence

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
He's one of two guys that actually had charges pressed against him, is more what I mean.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
The hottest take from the author of numerous self-published PUA books:

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/1044658235997806592

The black Mike Cernovich, ladies and gentlemen.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
It's like, I can see his point but then you break down all of his other tweets and it turns into "White men who commit the same crimes get to walk free, therefore let the rapist go!".

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Slutitution posted:

The hottest take from the author of numerous self-published PUA books:

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/1044658235997806592

The black Mike Cernovich, ladies and gentlemen.

That moron is also an OJ Simpson-apologist, and should just be ignored.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Anonymous John posted:

That moron is also an OJ Simpson-apologist, and should just be ignored.

Tariq is the personification of horseshoe theory. You want him to be on your side, but he basically just does Nazi stuff with the genders and races swapped (like attacking black women photographed with white men and accusing them of whoring themselves out).

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

chitoryu12 posted:

Tariq is the personification of horseshoe theory. You want him to be on your side, but he basically just does Nazi stuff with the genders and races swapped (like attacking black women photographed with white men and accusing them of whoring themselves out).

The unnerving part is how much traffic (and support?) his batshit tweets get.

It looks like he just got his blue check taken away for all the loving crazy poo poo he said today. It's a start.

And gently caress people like this rear end in a top hat, Cernovich, and Alex Jones. I used to consider myself a free speech "absolutist," but it's quite obvious lately that these motherfuckers will only get more popular and dangerous if de-platforming actions aren't taken against them.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

chitoryu12 posted:

So he's a Hotep, is what you're saying.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

So he's a Hotep, is what you're saying.

He's one of the biggest Hoteps around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

chitoryu12 posted:

Tariq is the personification of horseshoe theory.

Not really, though. That kind of person isn't a leftist, not by a long shot. They're a far-right authoritarian and sexist "race realist", and would gladly see white people and black women in chains if they were in power.

They're Black Nationalists, and that's the opposite of leftism.