Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IllegallySober posted:

So you're saying both imgay and Hal are lying about seeing you move at night?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IllegallySober posted:

So you're saying both imgay and Hal are lying about seeing you move at night?

Or they saw someone that isn't me doing night stuff but looks like me for some reason?
Ditto-type deal or....?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean I made it quite clear yesterday I still wanted to vote DB but I didn’t want to outright claim especially since someone else could theoretically have blocked IS I just knew DB visited him

Garbage. Like I said. I had claimed a jail and a target, and he claimed bomb soooo.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think it's an either or issue, either their both scumbros lying, or a scum is impersonating me at night.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

*hopping on wagon, riding for glory*

"oh wait i just remembered turbos are bad and i have to pretend to be town ok"

Wait you are saying I'm scum when I lead the kill on IP???

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Garbage. Like I said. I had claimed a jail and a target, and he claimed bomb soooo.

I don’t understand what you are trying to say

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’ll help. I tracked DB to Sal last night and I tracked DB to IS night 1, he’s definitely a roleblocker

I do find it a little strange that you didn't call DB out on D2 for moving N1 if you tracked him, since he stated D2 he was nothing besides a bomb. Did you miss that until now?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean I made it quite clear yesterday I still wanted to vote DB but I didn’t want to outright claim especially since someone else could theoretically have blocked IS I just knew DB visited him

Missed this apparently while I was typing. Still think you had enough to challenge him a little more forcefully but since we already had a dunk target lined up and you weren't 100% I can see why you might have waited and also retargeted DB again. Nice work.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mafia edit: goddamn run-on sentences again. Maybe throw a comma in there next time, genius :eng99:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think it's an either or issue, either their both scumbros lying, or a scum is impersonating me at night.

The second one is more likely. Alternatively, there might be some redirect fuckery:

Yami Fenrir posted:

A note about result language

1. A result that successfully targets will yield the result. "You successfully x your target"
2. A result that does not successfully target will yield the result. "Your action fails."
3. If a player name is ever mentioned as part of a result, this is a mod error.
4. A "successful" target is defined as an ability resolving on someone. This does not have to be the intended target, so a redirected result will yield the same language as a result that has not been redirected.

Some players think this is kind of bastardy but this is (kinda) how I run my games - example:

- a Tracker targets you, who is performing no action
- the Tracker's action gets redirected
- the new target performs an action
- the Tracker is told "You track your target to X" but has no way of knowing that they've been redirected

(personally I run my games specifying the (new) target in the result PM, which erases this confusion but can cause some new confusion - I've definitely had players PM me asking me if I hosed up their result PM)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
to be clear tho: the second one is more likely than the first but I think the most likely result is that u scum :blastu: :devil: :butt:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

The second one is more likely. Alternatively, there might be some redirect fuckery:

Some players think this is kind of bastardy but this is (kinda) how I run my games - example:

- a Tracker targets you, who is performing no action
- the Tracker's action gets redirected
- the new target performs an action
- the Tracker is told "You track your target to X" but has no way of knowing that they've been redirected

(personally I run my games specifying the (new) target in the result PM, which erases this confusion but can cause some new confusion - I've definitely had players PM me asking me if I hosed up their result PM)

Yes and to be fair both times my PM did not mention DB by name, but two nights in a row I tracked ~someone~ to a person who was blocked and that seems like too much of a coincidence even with redirects or what have you

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

If DB is not lying and is town:

- He has a role that is only beneficial to himself in terms of taking someone else in the game out with him if he dies

- He probably should be willing to hammer himself to avoid losing two town members on the same day, something he's already shown he won't do

- He also revealed this five minutes before deadline D1

- He also has been unlucky enough to have been impersonated or whatever to be seen moving in the night by different people on different nights somehow despite not having the ability to move himself

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Why didn't you say something sooner? :thunk:

Also a lot of trackers and watchers lol

I said yesterday that I would claim and I think doing so may alleviate some of these concerns. I bread crumbed a little

SalTheBard posted:

My experiences with

SalTheBard posted:

My education with

SalTheBard posted:

My experience with

I'm Mew. I have a couple of abilities that are all one shot. I have used 2. I still have a couple abilities left. So far I used Foresight which is a watch and Aromatherapy which is a doctor ability. Don't want to really reveal what other skills I have left but I have some tools left still.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I said yesterday that I would claim and I think doing so may alleviate some of these concerns. I bread crumbed a little

I'm Mew. I have a couple of abilities that are all one shot. I have used 2. I still have a couple abilities left. So far I used Foresight which is a watch and Aromatherapy which is a doctor ability. Don't want to really reveal what other skills I have left but I have some tools left still.

Hmmmm so your doc counts as used even with being blocked?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will clarify but I assume yes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Makes sense for a regular roleblock also wow lol you got THE cool pokemon sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I thought I was Meowth which is why I asked about evil trainers on D1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Makes sense for a regular roleblock also wow lol you got THE cool pokemon sal

Yeah I see it go both ways so I just wanted to confirm

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Wait you are saying I'm scum when I lead the kill on IP???

bussing is a thing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

bussing is a thing

Oh come on, yes it is but a D2 fake claim to hard bus the poisoner on your own team is NOT something Sal is going to do

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh come on, yes it is but a D2 fake claim to hard bus the poisoner on your own team is NOT something Sal is going to do

Probably not......but ~maybe~

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

bussing is a thing

Ok, let's play along with this game. So, the scum busdriver decided to bus you with the scum roleblocker two nights in a row.

For their town target, they chose to target a town player whose claimed ability provides no-utility / negative utility to town.

For their scum target, instead of choosing the killer and/or poisoner, they chose the roleblocker.

Dick, you better get to work finding the world's worst scum busdriver in order to clear your name and prove you've been set up. You should entice this person to hammer you today and then we'll salute your brave sacrifice when you blow them up.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Slamburger posted:

Ok, let's play along with this game. So, the scum busdriver decided to bus you with the scum roleblocker two nights in a row.

For their town target, they chose to target a town player whose claimed ability provides no-utility / negative utility to town.

For their scum target, instead of choosing the killer and/or poisoner, they chose the roleblocker.

Dick, you better get to work finding the world's worst scum busdriver in order to clear your name and prove you've been set up. You should entice this person to hammer you today and then we'll salute your brave sacrifice when you blow them up.

All of that hinges on there even being a scum bus driver to begin with so... all of that is possible in theory. Or maybe it was a framer or some kind of imposter role idk

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I know it's basically meaningless, but DB, are you willing to go on the record that if you're at -1, let's say 30 min before deadline, you will self-hammer?

Because at this point, if you're town, then the only way hal isn't caught lying is if the same redirect happened on two consecutive nights. Which, of course, is a valid scum strategy... but we gotta lynch someone.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'll say this right now, I'll hammer myself if it comes to it today. But I'm town and it's going to be a sad day.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Slamburger posted:

It's also possible that the busdriver chose the one person that they were confident wouldn't be able to gain any trust by claiming verifiable night actions.

Not choosing one of the killing roles, yeah that's weird. Killer might be compulsory ninja, but IP obviously wasn't.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Like, I'm still reasonably confident my vote will stay on DB until end of day, but going through all options here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

bussing is a thing

I'm honored you think I'm that savvy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah Sal is too dumb to make a play like tha.....WAIT A MINUTE!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah Sal is too dumb to make a play like tha.....WAIT A MINUTE!

Ha! I could have said Sal or just about anyone else, it's just not happening except in some crazy gambits that really never are a thing

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha! I could have said Sal or just about anyone else, it's just not happening except in some crazy gambits that really never are a thing

No I got you buddy I'm just making a joke :-P

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so DB you claiming that you did nothing last night?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
How can you imply that Sal, literally watched and got our first scum kill, was bussing? Sacrificing a scumpal d2 is a very bold, dare I say stupid, move. Which is why I don't think Sal is trying to fool town.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

imgay posted:

so DB you claiming that you did nothing last night?

Yes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

How can you imply that Sal, literally watched and got our first scum kill, was bussing? Sacrificing a scumpal d2 is a very bold, dare I say stupid, move. Which is why I don't think Sal is trying to fool town.

I was just pointing out what I thought was suspicious behavior, but logically that scenario is dumb I agree.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
what about you Toalpaz? why aren't you scum hopping on and off my turbo hmmm?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Dick Bastardly posted:

what about you Toalpaz? why aren't you scum hopping on and off my turbo hmmm?

If we're talking about town who should bite the bullet on your fake claim I'm probably the best tool for the job. I was being greedy when I jumped on first.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

If we're talking about town who should bite the bullet on your fake claim I'm probably the best tool for the job. I was being greedy when I jumped on first.

ah i see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I light of all this, where does that put E+ in your opinion?

• Locked thread