Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The original Sonic is very frustrating in that it promises you that you can go fast while it continually finds ways of preventing you from going fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

business hammocks posted:

The original Sonic is very frustrating in that it promises you that you can go fast while it continually finds ways of preventing you from going fast.

Romhacks solve that problem.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that's what Sonic 2 is for

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I don’t think anyone has disagreed that Sonic sucks since like 2005, even people who like it.

sonic generations and sonic mania were legit good as gently caress

also sonic sucked before 2005. adventure, adventure 2 and heroes are all fuckin garbage. so is sonic cd and sonic 1. really the only good games in the whole franchise are 2, 3&k, generations and mania.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Sonic Forces is very good, and if you don't like it i just don't think you can appreciate laughing at your own middle school self.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Terrible Opinions posted:

Sonic Forces is very good, and if you don't like it i just don't think you can appreciate laughing at your own middle school self.

Your username is wrong.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
As a naive carefree youth with no concept of 'good' or 'bad' Sonic Heroes (the only Sonic game I've played) was the first game I remember playing that made me feel disappointed.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

sonic generations and sonic mania were legit good as gently caress

adventure 2 are all fuckin garbage.

Uh????

?????

Leal fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 17, 2018

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Why do people forget Colours? That game's basically the backbone of Generations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Adventure 2 is the pinnacle of Sonic storytelling, largely because afterward the only two times they tried to tell a story with the same level of seriousness (06 and Forces) they didn't quite manage the same quality. Also the hunting stages are better than their gameplay spiritual descendant BOTW because the level design is much cooler and more imaginative and uses verticality better.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spark That Bled posted:

Why do people forget Colours? That game's basically the backbone of Generations.

It's also a much more solid game across the board than Generations, which has a few dud levels. One of which being Planet Wisp, funnily enough.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Leal posted:

Uh????

?????

the chao gardens are like their own separate game entirely, except you still need to engage with the bad 'main' game at times.

Akett posted:

Also the hunting stages are better than their gameplay spiritual descendant BOTW because the level design is much cooler and more imaginative and uses verticality better.

are you goddamn insane, the hunting stages in adventure 2 are loving atrocious

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Pumpkin Hill yo.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I haven't played a Sonic more recent than "and Knuckles" and as far as I can tell this was the correct choice.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Pumpkin Hill yo.

The moment I learned the track A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup was on Spotify was an enlightening moment.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Puppy Time posted:

I haven't played a Sonic more recent than "and Knuckles" and as far as I can tell this was the correct choice.

Flying Battery Zone. :allears:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Some people say Sonic CD is overrated.

I still like it though, since it was the first one I played (and I played the Windows 95 version).

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the hunting stages in adventure 2 are loving atrocious

While admittedly digging is flow breaking and there are some emerald locations that bite off more than the gliding controls have the precision to chew the hunting stages are very well suited as places to utilize Knuckles' incredible freedom of movement.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Flying Battery Zone. :allears:

I think you could easily mark when ppl who grew with it started getting involved with Sega when like the first song cover for Sonic Mania Tee Lopes posted was that one and way later on, when Two Point Hospital has part of that track playing on the arcade machine.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Akett posted:

Also the hunting stages are better than their gameplay spiritual descendant BOTW because the level design is much cooler and more imaginative and uses verticality better.

this is a hilariously stupid comparison on many different levels

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The reason that anyone talking about The Last Jedi is insufferable is because the movie is so mediocre it literally doesn't warrant discussion or controversy

I fell asleep rewatching it with my niece and nephew about 20 minutes in and I think I remember 2-3 scenes from TFA

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it’s a good movie

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Fabricated posted:

The reason that anyone talking about The Last Jedi is insufferable is because the movie is so mediocre it literally doesn't warrant discussion or controversy

I fell asleep rewatching it with my niece and nephew about 20 minutes in and I think I remember 2-3 scenes from TFA

We've just had two pages of video game bollocks and then you. Go sit in the corner. :argh:

And while you're there watch this video where Kim talks about football for ages and then something about a video game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLcT1xw5ZB8

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

NO MORE STAR WARS

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The nicest voice obviously belongs to Jay, we all know this.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The nicest voice obviously belongs to Jay, we all know this.

Physique as well.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
LGR's videos on the various Sims expansions and stuff packs helped me figure out which ones to get. :)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Three Arrows has a very soothing voice, which I appreciate as his channel is about holocaust denial and nazi rhetoric and I would scream and scream and punch the tv (I have a set top box) if I heard it from a voice less steeped in humane teutonic calmness.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jenny Nicholson is nice to listen to

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the best lgr video is all of his tech tales series imo

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Shaun is tied with Three Arrows for nicest voice. They should put out an audiobook of bedtime stories or something, it'd be awesome.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I find some really good youtubers hard to watch because of their voices.:(

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Puppy Time posted:

Shaun is tied with Three Arrows for nicest voice. They should put out an audiobook of bedtime stories or something, it'd be awesome.
I can't listen to Shaun or HBomb for more than 10 seconds without closing any of their videos

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fabricated posted:

I can't listen to Shaun or HBomb for more than 10 seconds without closing any of their videos

that’s kinda weird

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Augus posted:

that’s kinda weird
Nah, their voices annoy me.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fabricated posted:

:chloe:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Fabricated posted:

Way to be racist against British people.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Doug’s voice feels like when you were writing on the board in school and the chalk broke and your fingernail dragged across the slate and broke at a terrible angle.

But Hbomb and Shaun are sweet angels of contrary nature. Most of youtube sounds like that Game Grumps Mickey Mousecapades voice from a few pages ago.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the best lgr video is all of his tech tales series imo

I like his thrift store visits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Compare your favorite Internet Critic's voices to flavors of Ice Cream. GO!