Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Rowdy Ringsports > 2018's Best (Okada/Omega IV) and Worst (Brawn/Roman) Pro-Wrestling Matches of the Year + HMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre (C) vs Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose for the Raw Tag Team Championship - WWE Hell in a Cell

It was a slow start but the back third was great and the ending was fantastic, especially the timing from Drew.
yeah

Can’t give WM to the main because it was good up until the bullshit. If we had a Worst Booked then yeah

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Another WMOTYC for Braun and Roman. The only good part was how stupid Roman looked running around the ring into the stairs.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Raskolnikov38 posted:

WMOTY: braun/roman HIAC

Agreed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

yeah

Can’t give WM to the main because it was good up until the bullshit. If we had a Worst Booked then yeah

Worst booked was Holocausto vs Shalom with Halocausto winning.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
WMOTYC - Roman Reigns v. Baron Corbin, Raw 9/17/18

what the gently caress

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Professor Funk posted:

WMOTYC - Roman Reigns v. Baron Corbin, Raw 9/17/18

what the gently caress

Nthed. I love WCW Raw.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

EugeneJ posted:

minus five star roman

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They finally figured out what Reigns matches were missing: overbooked Shield bullshit

now he's the perfect sport entertainer

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Early but its earned it

MOTYC LA Park, Hijo el LA Park, Ultimo Guerrero vs. Rush, Barbaro Cavernario, La Bestia Del Ring, CMLL 9/17/18

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: LA Park/Hijo De LA Park/Ultimo Guerrero vs Rush/Bestia Del Ring/Cavernario 9/17 Puebla

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Early but its earned it

MOTYC LA Park, Hijo el LA Park, Ultimo Guerrero vs. Rush, Barbaro Cavernario, La Bestia Del Ring, CMLL 9/17/18

3rd

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

DarkstarIV posted:

Nthed. I love WCW Raw.

It just needed a constant bell ringing.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Early but its earned it

yes, Nthed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HM: Tam Nakano vs Natsuko Tora from the 9/9 Stardom show. Violent brawl from two wrestlers that aren't famous for getting rowdy.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Early but its earned it

Nth

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM Drew Gulak vs Cedric Alexander 205 Live 9/19/18

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Ricochet vs Pete Dunne, NXT 9/19/18.

The gently caress finish was painfully obvious but still one of the best matches on WWE TV in a very long time. If not the entire year.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
2nd

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'll 3rd that. That was good as hell.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Sure @ Both Drew/Alexander and Ricochet/Dunne

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Shuji Ishikawa vs. Kengo Mashimo (AJPW Royal Road 9/17)
HM: Jun Akiyama vs. Jake Lee (AJPW Royal Road 9/17)
HM: Zeus vs. Naoya Nomura (AJPW Royal Road 9/17)

This show was excellent. Can't wait to catch up on the second round. The end of the Ishikawa/Mashimo match was spectacular.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada for the 2019 Wrestle Kingdom Title Shot - NJPW Destruction in Kobe

I now firmly believe these two guys are literally incapable of doing anything less than a great match against each other :stare:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'm only gonna go HM on the above because in a standout era for NJPW, I don't think it'll be one of the most memorable main events of the year, nor the best-remembered Okada/Tana match. that said, with Okada going full heel, and seeing the two come up even more innovative ways of doing Tombstones, Rainmakers, Slingblades, and High Fly Flows, it was fun as heck to watch and very recommended for anyone who, like me, has kinda fallen out of NJPW in this lull period

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada for the 2019 Wrestle Kingdom Title Shot - NJPW Destruction in Kobe

I now firmly believe these two guys are literally incapable of doing anything less than a great match against each other :stare:

Absolutely agreed on that. Also, I'd like to nominate:

Worst Betrayal Of The Year - Gedo turning on Okada - NJPW Destruction in Kobe

gently caress you Gedo.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed

The match and the post match was just crazy

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Germansimp posted:

gently caress you Gedo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

abraham linksys posted:

i'm only gonna go HM on the above because in a standout era for NJPW, I don't think it'll be one of the most memorable main events of the year, nor the best-remembered Okada/Tana match.

I liked it even more than their G1 match (which I only gave a HM nod to because I'd already witnessed the closest thing to wrestling perfect SEVERAL TIMES already this year), there was even more of a desperate edge feeling to this one than there was to that, perhaps because they both knew a loss here would really, legitimately be the end of their chance to main event Wrestle Kingdom next year.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Germansimp posted:

Absolutely agreed on that. Also, I'd like to nominate:

Worst Betrayal Of The Year - Gedo turning on Okada - NJPW Destruction in Kobe

gently caress you Gedo.

Worst Betrayal of the Year - Gravity turning on Yoshi-Hashi

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

This show was excellent. Can't wait to catch up on the second round. The end of the Ishikawa/Mashimo match was spectacular.

Probably overshadowed by Tanahashi-Okada (which I haven’t had the chance to watch yet) but I’d like to second all of these: the AJPW Korakuen was very good and I’d suggest checking it out!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll go HM for Okada v Tanahashi also. There are just too many great matches nowadays.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah agreed. I liked this more than the other two matches they had this year cause of the story of Tanahashi fighting through to get one more run as the Ace

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Jerusalem posted:

nth, loved it from the moment okada forearmed tana on the ropes. great selling throughout, especially in the final struggle on the top rope where they're both utterly exhausted

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn that crowd was loud in the final stretch

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

yea and now I’m extra super hyped for the Dome main event of Omega vs Switchblade

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate, Dangerous Gate 2018

HM: Open the Brave Gate Championship - Eita vs Dragon Kid
Might be overrating it a bit, but I'm way in to the DK/Eita feud that's been simmering for the past year or so. Feels particularly vicious for Dragon Gate and it's a nice change of pace from things. This match had better flow than their last Brave Gate match and a nice story of DK being able to reverse the shenanigans that Eita used in that match to win.

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - YAMATO and BxB Hulk vs. Masaaki Mochizuki and Shun Skywalker
Hulk/YAMATO are a great pairing, and the structuring and flow of their Twin Gate matches have been really inspired and epic feeling. Mochizuki has great chemistry with everyone because he's Mochizuki, and Shun Skywalker was in full starmaker mode tonight. Looked liked a bonafide main-eventer.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 25, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I Before E posted:

Goddamn that crowd was loud in the final stretch

I think it's because so often, NJPW and Gedo have the older guy put on a valiant showing, but the younger guy is proved right and the old man is past it and can't keep up any more. And this storyline with Tana isn't doing that. He's showing that he is still the Ace, that he can beat the best there is today.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: ALL OUT (Konosuke Takeshita, Akito, Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Iino) vs. Strong Hearts (CIMA, T-Hawk, El Lindaman and Duan Yingnan) - DDT MajiManji #18 (9/25)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztc23P64JNY

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

2nd holy poo poo