Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spellman
May 31, 2011

The show died with Nick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It kinda owns that they found out what was happening to the show and a bunch of them were like lmao kill me now

I know it won't happen but it would be funny if El salvidad was the Good Trucker

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

Spellman posted:

The show died with Nick

I stopped watching at Nick's death and now read this thread to validate my decision in doing so. It sounds like I chose...wisely.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Boinks posted:

I think I spent more time on this lovely meme than the writers of this show spend writing an episode.

If the SWAT truck was working, why did they decide to leave it and scavenge a shittier truck?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Tortuga posted:

If the SWAT truck was working, why did they decide to leave it and scavenge a shittier truck?

It ran out of gas like 3 blocks away when the guy stole it.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
So I was wondering what that SWAT thing must use for fuel.

So it looks a lot like a Lenco BearCat. It was kind of hard to find their mpg, but a couple newspapers were reporting 8 to 10 MPG.

That might be at their best too, let alone using aging fuel, and poor maintenance of the vehicle. Like, if you are using this thing, you need to have some idea in universe how it stays fueled. And then you can pull that out from under their feet. Like "We have an INSANE AMOUNT OF FUEL" ok cool, won't wonder about the fuel too much. "Oh no our fuel tank leaked!" ok now there's a reason you ran out of gas. Instead of "I always have enough fuel for some reason, oh no now I don't have enough fuel for some reason."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Boinks posted:

It ran out of gas like 3 blocks away when the guy stole it.

So was the guy just walking down the road with a can full of diesel just in the off chance he would find an abandoned armored personnel carrier?

If so, well played guy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Wow this time he doesnt make a log boat, he makes a real boat.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I didn't watch. Did anything happen? Or still Fear the Walking Morgan and Crew Philosophy Hour?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Barreft posted:

I didn't watch. Did anything happen? Or still Fear the Walking Morgan and Crew Philosophy Hour?

Dorie and Strand tried to outfox an alligator.
Luciana walked around trying to find a beer.
Filthy woman stole Al’s truck and opened fire on Morgan’s crew, killing nobody, because ‘next week on’ shows everybody still alive.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wow, I'm excited just reading that

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I guess it's just too soon, but I can't help still seeing Aaron Stanford as James Cole. Probably also the fact that his hair and clothes are the same. It kinda takes me out of it, especially seeing him as a supporting character instead of a lead.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
this episode actually wasnt too bad

Vakal
May 11, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

this episode actually wasnt too bad

The whole alligator situation was a bit dumb.

Especially when you consider that they were on an island and could have easily just rowed across the opposite side, but nope, they go right through where they are luring in zombies to ensure that they will be going right past the gator.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can't wait for the adventure of the evil fat Michonne.

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010
Do not open dead inside! :dance:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is it even worth it to torrent and watch?

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
Alicia is very pretty and they've just given up on her looking disheveled.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

oh my, the poo poo they're pulling off to keep evil fat Michonne (EFM) around. Any person who cared about surviving would've taken her out with a second gunshot to the head. 2 more episodes to go

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol why the gently caress was there a rake laying there and how did those cars not spike strip themselves on it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh my godddd her backstory and motivation is so dumb

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Last night's episode had to be the worst of either series and the filthy woman has to be worst character I've ever seen in any show. The intro with her "backstory" just made me embarrassed for everyone responsible. Her husband dies and she walks over to the side of the road where they proceed with a goofy "going mad" sequence straight out of loving Ren & Stimpy. Now she goes around killing people but instead of doing it out of spite for the world that screwed her over they feel the need to give her this ridiculous justification that she's killing people who help others because that's just making them weak. Except nobody helped her husband and now he's dead so whatever. Forget about that though because the episode is really about Morgan being trapped in a hospital with all these new characters that we've yet to be given a reason to care about. I had a hard time stopping myself from finding distractions on my phone during that whole plot line.

I wasn't happy with how the first half of the season played out but there were at least a few moments that made me hopeful they could make something worthwhile once they got killing the old cast out of their system. Sadly this whole arc has just been a dumpster fire.

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt
Can't help thinking they would have been better off giving Morgan his own spin off show instead of this mess of a show. Let him run away from Alexandria and encounter another band of survivors in the Midwest or whatever. FTWD with Madison, Strand, Alicia, Nick, El Salvidad, etc., was a great very good show, but they threw all that away for no discernible reason. I don't know why I'm still watching.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

This is some weak poo poo.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

lol why the gently caress was there a rake laying there and how did those cars not spike strip themselves on it

Did it fall off/out of the car? Too lazy to rewatch.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

J-Spot posted:

Forget about that though because the episode is really about Morgan being trapped in a hospital with all these new characters that we've yet to be given a reason to care about.

Wait is this serious? I stopped watching after the MSF. Are they doing Beth's S5 story but with Morgan now?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
the hospital they're at this time is all dead people

also, there's was on piddly sign for a hospital when it appears they are in a capital city

Akumos posted:

Did it fall off/out of the car? Too lazy to rewatch.

yeah it fell off the last jeep I guess for *reasons*

it's so loving dumb

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah like is this Austin or something

I'm not good with skylines

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Yes, it's Austin-all the zombies are bespoke or wearing burnt orange

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So what's gonna happen with Al? Is she going to use her sleuthing to find a guy with a firetruck or cherry picker?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm not good with skylines

Do you ever just wonder what happened to the tops of those buildings that have damage

There's like 6 stories of explosion damage on that one skyscraper

Was someone flying around in a helicopter and taking potshots at national monuments

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I mean, I would

Also are they going to actually show if EFM actually knows Morgan, I assume from his Clearing Days?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol these eps are so bad there isn't even anything to argue about

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I saw this elsewhere, was told it was real, still had to do my own look to be absolutely sure...

https://twitter.com/FearTWD/status/1042838261222264832

Click to see the whole thing, it's so embarrassing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
linda from HR made a 'shop

that's awesome

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's AMC, she's all they can afford. Gotta cut back ya know.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

I saw this elsewhere, was told it was real, still had to do my own look to be absolutely sure...

wait who is this nasty lady, is she at least interesting?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Some moron that they think is scary. And no she is boring.

Her superpower is making zombies be absolutely quiet until they are 3 inches from your face.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

JossiRossi posted:

It's a parody of the Captain Marvel poster; they get a pass on this one. All of their other official posters for this season have been pretty poor though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Well at least the zombies in the last episode were cool. I think the new dirty Michonne slept by that lake for like 2 years or something.

• Locked thread