Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:gonk: Jesus loving Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I went back to reread some of the earlier chapters and dang the art style has evolved a bunch. Early Cosmo looks completely different.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cosmo is terrified. He's not fighting a person anymore. He realizes he's fighting a loving wild animal.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

If Cosmo gets a shonen power-up from the spirits of Michael Brown, Philando Castile, and Trayvon Martin, I’m ready to declare this the greatest manga of all-time, full stop.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

father son kamehameha

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Jun projects a small fraction of his power as the avatar of pro wrestling and Cosmo destroys the cop.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
cosmo is gonna get crippled for stakes to get high folks. sorry all you jitz lovers

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the absolute best we can hope for at this point is cosmo winning a pyrrhic victory.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
This is probably the first time Cosmo ever fought someone who 1) was not beaten as soon as he activated his zone and 2) is just a straight-up bloodthirsty lunatic.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It is nice that his Zone isn't the end-all-be-all when it comes to fights. Cosmo and Rei have some built in one hit "kill" moves so it's good that the first one has been blocked for now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fellis posted:

I went back to reread some of the earlier chapters and dang the art style has evolved a bunch. Early Cosmo looks completely different.

A lot of peeps have been incredibly beefed up from their first appearance.

Wakatsuki most prominently.

Jun also looks pretty different, the art emphasizes his age more.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Out of all the fights this one feels the most unfair. It doesn't feel right to pair this guy with a serial murderer. Dude just wants to have a good fight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SMH at you all with your 'phyyric victory' and 'Cosmo's gonna lose' snark. Sure, it's not going to be a painless victory like Wakatsuki and Gensai did but have some faith in the boy. Once he's convinced that Akoya means to kill him he'll pull out his True secret technique.

And hopefully kill him.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I believe in our boy Cosmo. Just like I believed in Okubo.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Cosmo doesn't seem like the kind of jerk to leave a cop unkilled

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://mangadex.org/chapter/450179/1
:stonk:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
god drat this cop sucks. Cosmo's about to bust out his new powerup though so I think Cosmo has this one cinched.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This manga really knows how to hit it where it hurts, jesus

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Why the hell was the ref waiting for Cosmo to surrender when it was obvious that he couldn't talk or tap the ground

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The CEO forfeiting in front of everyone else would end the fight so lol that they wouldn't do it regardless

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
if Akoya were an American cop he'd be fired for being too lenient

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your belief in Cosmo should be equal or greater to how angry Adam is about this whole situation.

God, I hope Cosmo fucks up and accidentally kills him.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

This bad apple is spoiling the bunch!

Hiyama - can't control murdercop, knows murdercop may go wild and kill spectators, has no contingency plan whatsoever

Nishihonji - actually not a bro, not a bro at all!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

cosmo is going to take adam dudley's advice and gently caress the cop

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Your belief in Cosmo should be equal or greater to how angry Adam is about this whole situation.

God, I hope Cosmo fucks up and accidentally kills him.

i think there is a reasonable chance of that since he was unexpectedly drawn into a fight where he might die

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

i think there is a reasonable chance of that since he was unexpectedly drawn into a fight where he might die

One can only hope!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Adam Dudley is such a good bro to Cosmo.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Jesus Christ.

Normally I reread a chapter once or twice after it comes out but I think this one will be hard pass.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Dudley is a true bro

Cosmo is currently in shock. Once he remembers his master’s lesson and regains composure. I imagine Cosmo is going to pull some sick nasty hold

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Jesus Christ.

Normally I reread a chapter once or twice after it comes out but I think this one will be hard pass.

Yeah, this and the Bando fight were like Tomb Raider (2013) death cutscenes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
C'mon Cosmo you can do this.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Alternatively: Real American Hero Adam Dudley pulls out a gun (Americans are legally required to concealed carry at all times) and shoots Akoya in the face until he is dead.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flashback to his master? Cosmo has this in the bag.

I do wonder how Cosmo will compete in the next round though.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Fellis posted:

you weren't kidding

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cosmos's master is going to give a speech about how you need to know your limits before you can exceed them and cosmos is going to take this to heart and forefeit

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stairmaster posted:

Cosmos's master is going to give a speech about how you need to know your limits before you can exceed them and cosmos is going to take this to heart and forefeit

That's what he has been trying to doing, but the rear end in a top hat cop won't let him.

Adam Dudley is right, ACAB.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mary Annette posted:

This bad apple is spoiling the bunch!

Hiyama - can't control murdercop, knows murdercop may go wild and kill spectators, has no contingency plan whatsoever

Nishihonji - actually not a bro, not a bro at all!

Well, we already knew that Hiyama and murdercop's relationship was deeply unhealthy and super hosed up from the getgo so it's not entirely surprising that she has absolutely no way to rein him in. As for Nishihonji, well, he lays it out. As nice as he is, he did willingly recruit a high schooler to fight in pseudo death matches for his personal gain, and sending a fighter into the Kengan matches is something you only do if you're willing to see that fighter get horribly killed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
despite her claims, it was always about enabling him, not restraining his worse impulses. "do exactly what i say at all times to help me maintain a respectable facade or i will start killing everyone around me"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah she's much more interested in validation from him than he is in her help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Her quitting making him go berserk and him losing regardless would be the best result