Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I used to love BTBAM, they disappeared up their own asses after The Great Misdirect. Colors and their S/T album are classics IMO

It took me so long to check out Colors, because (speaking of BS anti-metalcore drama) a good buddy worked on The Silent Circus back in the day. He showed me their music videos in like 2004, and I thought "wow - this is the stupidest, scene-iest band that's ever existed. gently caress them."

That was my image of them until a few yrs ago, when some friends with good taste were raving about Colors, and I wondered how they could possibly like an album by an ancient scene-core band. Turns out Colors rules :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

this rules, I loved their album from last year

I've been listening to Forming the Void's album like every day at work since it came out https://formingthevoid.bandcamp.com/

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

Varg posted:

this rules, I loved their album from last year

I've been listening to Forming the Void's album like every day at work since it came out https://formingthevoid.bandcamp.com/

I'm going to be driving/tour managing/selling merch/partying with them up on this next tour, if yall wanna say whats up.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

drat not coming close enough to me this time. I really dig their sound though, kinda feels like a mix of Conan and Khemmis

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Pokey Araya posted:

I'm going to be driving/tour managing/selling merch/partying with them up on this next tour, if yall wanna say whats up.

Wow! That first date is REALLY close. I may be there.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post
Howling Giant absolutely rip live and I recommend everyone check them out. Saw them for the first time a few months back with Toke. Their albums do them no justice compared to their live performance.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
How To Not gently caress Up A Pink Floyd Doom Cover, by Pallbearer

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/pallbearers-cover-pink-floyds-run-hell-might-be-better-original

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I enjoyed it more than the cover of "When the Tigers Broke Free for sure.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
and also the unmitigated pile of poo poo that The Sword put out

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

OpaqueEcho posted:

and also the unmitigated pile of poo poo that The Sword put out

But enough about High Country

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

High Country wasn't terrible. What is terrible is how boring The Sword are live.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

Minto Took posted:

High Country wasn't terrible. What is terrible is how boring The Sword are live.

and also not live

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've lost track of the number of reasons I need to see Mandy as soon as loving possible, but here's another:

https://twitter.com/IdeologicOrgan/status/1040357106497597441

:stare::fh:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I've lost track of the number of reasons I need to see Mandy as soon as loving possible, but here's another:

Seriously can’t loving wait for that movie

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

okay i have to see it this weekend

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

He mentioned this awhile back too, and man the score is amazing, but when his guitar kicks in...wow. I hope that you have a chance to see it in theaters bc the release is really weird.

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

Minto Took posted:

What is terrible is how boring The Sword are live.

I went to a show at Slim's in SF where The Sword were headlining but I was there for Royal Thunder and when it was The Sword's turn on stage all the energy in the room was sucked out of it after Mel had just basically destroyed her voice singing for an hour and a half straight playing all of Crooked Doors and some of CVI.

(brief hijack for more royal thunder chat)
She doesn't do this as much anymore and has definitely gotten more comfortable being an even bigger goofball.

VELOUR SPACESUIT posted:

Howling Giant absolutely rip live and I recommend everyone check them out. Saw them for the first time a few months back with Toke. Their albums do them no justice compared to their live performance.

Ugh, they haven't been out west except once or twice? and any time they're moderately in range I was either sick or out of town.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
i like the new conan album

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Slurps Mad Rips posted:

I went to a show at Slim's in SF where The Sword were headlining but I was there for Royal Thunder and when it was The Sword's turn on stage all the energy in the room was sucked out of it after Mel had just basically destroyed her voice singing for an hour and a half straight playing all of Crooked Doors and some of CVI.

I was at that show and you aren’t kidding. To make matters worse, the band decided that they were playing all their old material tuned up two or two and a half steps and it all sounded incredibly awkward because they didn’t rearrange the songs or anything, they just played them all in the wrong key. Horrible set (and I agree, Royal Thunder blew them off the stage).

That band has just made nothing but bad decisions following Apocryphon, and it’s been really embarrassing to watch.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Sludge Tank posted:

i like the new conan album
its good and they threw in a grindcore song lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New Conan ownnnnns

It really reminds me of Spiral Shadow era Kylesa

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Future Usses released their album!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Eat The Rich posted:

Future Usses released their album!

Future Asses.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Dylan Carlson is in really rough health and hospitalized right now :/

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Dylan Carlson is in really rough health and hospitalized right now :/

drat I just saw him open for Sleep a few months ago. I really hope he's okay and starts feelimg better, he's truly a legend and innovator in this scene.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dylan Carlson is the absolute GOAT. He's such a legend and a lovely guy.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://twitter.com/drcarlsonalbion/status/1039251479469670400?s=21

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Picked up Mirror Reaper on vinyl. My obsession with this album continues~

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dylan Carlson is the absolute GOAT. He's such a legend and a lovely guy.

Remember that shotgun he bought?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/hollythelamb/status/1041002189068611584

Phew!

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

VELOUR SPACESUIT posted:

Hell yeah they do, I opened their shows in San Antonio and Austin, can wait to party with them again.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Anyone know anything about Black Magick SS? I just found them digging through youtube. They sound like the DOORS went on a bad trip into doomsville mixed with black metal, it's pretty awesome. However, they have a lot of Nazi imagery... I don't really feel like supporting a band that's into that stuff.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flirty dental hygienist posted:

Anyone know anything about Black Magick SS? However, they have a lot of Nazi imagery...

:chloe:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Nazis in my metal? oh my

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

flirty dental hygienist posted:

Anyone know anything about Black Magick SS? I just found them digging through youtube. They sound like the DOORS went on a bad trip into doomsville mixed with black metal, it's pretty awesome. However, they have a lot of Nazi imagery... I don't really feel like supporting a band that's into that stuff.

Black Magic SS

Nazi imagery

Really makes you :thunk: if theyre nazis

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I thought Death SS was into the nazi thing when I heard of them but turns out they were just terribly unoriginal when naming a band

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Yup, real subtle.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

Darthemed posted:

Yup, real subtle.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Well I was hoping it was something like the before mentioned DEATH SS, or how Satan's Satyrs uses the Nazi SS for their logo...

It's a shame because Black Magic SS has a pretty dope sound.

EDIT - Oh, wow... I'm a dumbass. The album I was listening to has a swastika on the ship's flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

Eat The Rich posted:

Picked up Mirror Reaper on vinyl. My obsession with this album continues~

This album rules, and having it on vinyl is so worth it just for the cover. Lewandowski rules - https://www.mariuszlewandowski.pl/

Yeah - I was so fuckin relieved to see those tweets about him being out and resting. I hope he's okay, and not just because I got tickets for The Bees... show in SF the day they came out.

Darthemed posted:

Yup, real subtle.

gently caress this poo poo gently caress it all