Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

he still looks like he’s in his 40s tbh

Given how many times he's died (that we know of...), there's no telling how old Coulson is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Also a lot of people look older than they actually are.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ApeHawk posted:

Also a lot of people look older than they actually are.

Yeah. I hear Clark Gregg started losing his hair in the 3rd grade.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Spergatory posted:

So I just watched all of season 5 in two days, and I've come to two conclusions.

1. Deke is the best. I really want to do some kind of compare and contrast between him and Lincoln, because they really are like night and day in terms of how well they were introduced and integrated into the show. One was done really really well and one was... not. There's definitely a screenwriting lesson in there somewhere.

I think the highlight of Lincoln was when Ward wanged him in the face with a fire extinguisher.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's not Ward.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Today's secrent ingredient...

FIRE EXTINGUISHERS!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Was the Chairman a Hive puppet at that point? I don't remember.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Was the Chairman a Hive puppet at that point? I don't remember.

Yes, he was addicted to Hive. I think the first one.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Captain Marvel trailer just dropped, and there's a quick clip of Coulson lookin pretty loving cool taking his glasses off.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I wonder if there's going to be any subtle nods to Agents of Shield in Captain Marvel. Like someone recognizing the kree as the species of the alien locked up in the guest house.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Ohtsam posted:

I wonder if there's going to be any subtle nods to Agents of Shield in Captain Marvel. Like someone recognizing the kree as the species of the alien locked up in the guest house.

There will not be.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Ohtsam posted:

Agents takes place waaay after Captain Marvel though, yea? It would be a reallllll stretch to put in anything that would be at all connected to the show considering how wildly different the timelines are. At most it's just like "Oh look here's Fury in the same SHIELD place they went in the show one time because it's a SHIELD base!" Which is such a small thing that you couldn't even really call it a nod.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yeah, they'll probably be some SHIELD bases featured, or possibly under construction or something, but it'll be the ones that were featured in the movies as well as the show.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Ohtsam posted:

The credits scene is gonna be a shot of two chairs sitting on a beach, where a pager goes off on one of the tables next to a tropical drink, and as the hand reaches out to grab it it turns to ash.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, I could see there being scene where Fury drops the phrase Project Guest House without it being shoehorned in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, not gonna happen.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

could get Agent Carter though

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

homullus posted:

could get Agent Carter though

Yeah but she would be 70ish.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Seems feasible. Peggy was still running Shield around this time, circa her appearance in the flashback in Ant-Man which takes place a few years before.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I can't decide which which way they're gonna go, Re: Carol slugging the old lady: That she's a Skrull, and changes after getting slugged, or if she's just an actual old lady, and Carol screwed up.

GLOSS posted:

The credits scene is gonna be a shot of two chairs sitting on a beach, where a pager goes off on one of the tables next to a tropical drink, and as the hand reaches out to grab it it turns to ash.

Then the camera cuts to Coulson, with a shocked look on his face. He survives.

swickles posted:

Yeah, I could see there being scene where Fury drops the phrase Project Guest House without it being shoehorned in.

Are the Kree even coming to Earth? I know the Skrulls are.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

I can't decide which which way they're gonna go, Re: Carol slugging the old lady: That she's a Skrull, and changes after getting slugged, or if she's just an actual old lady, and Carol screwed up.

Do the thing where it's different for every country. Sometimes she is a skrull, and sometimes she is just a shithead. Sometimes she is a shithead akrull

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So did anyone see this?

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/loki-scarlet-witch-tv-series-marvel-disney-streaming-service-1202947551/

They can do crossovers, they just won't.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

looks like the new shows fall under Marvel Studios not Marvel TV, so it's not exactly the same thing:

quote:

Marvel TV Studios and Disney have been active with shows that include ABC’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” and Netflix’s “Daredevil,” but sources say those shows will stay under Marvel TV banner with these limited series set under Marvel Studios.

I'd like to think that under the streaming service they will come together somehow, but I'm not gonna hold my breath

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

gey muckle mowser posted:

looks like the new shows fall under Marvel Studios not Marvel TV, so it's not exactly the same thing:

I'd like to think that under the streaming service they will come together somehow, but I'm not gonna hold my breath

If Agents of SHIELD moves to the Disney Streaming Service, I would sub.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Aleph Null posted:

:same:

I mean I'm almost definitely gonna sub anyway, unless the new shows are like Inhumans-level bad

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
The fearmongering has begun.

DISNEY’S STREAMING PLANS WILL LIKELY KILL MARVEL’S AGENTS OF SHIELD

https://www.cbr.com/disney-streaming-marvel-series-ends-of-agents-of-shield/

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
poo poo, most of us didn't expect it to get a sixth season. I honestly wouldn't have been expecting a seventh.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

If anything the existence of the streaming service is our best hope of anything beyond season five and a half.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That article is literally just some guy saying he thinks it'll be cancelled because they're doing shows on the streaming service so the TV shows not on that service will go away .

Which is laughable since this was literally just announced as coming to ABC: https://deadline.com/2018/09/marvel-tv-series-allan-heinberg-female-superheroes-abc-wonder-woman-1202467616/

If this show ends after this season it won't be for the reasons stated in that dumb 'article' above.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

All evidence has been that where Marvel is concerned Disney just wants their fingers in as many pies as possible. Netflix, TV, Movies, new streaming service, whatever they want it all

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

X-O posted:

That article is literally just some guy saying he thinks it'll be cancelled because they're doing shows on the streaming service so the TV shows not on that service will go away .

Which is laughable since this was literally just announced as coming to ABC: https://deadline.com/2018/09/marvel-tv-series-allan-heinberg-female-superheroes-abc-wonder-woman-1202467616/

If this show ends after this season it won't be for the reasons stated in that dumb 'article' above.

Thanks for posting about that. Same guy who wrote Wonder Woman, so very promising.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aleph Null posted:

Thanks.

I'll be pirating the poo poo out of it. Because Australia.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Significant casting spoiler

Looks like May will still be on the show next season. Ming-Na Wen just mentioned on Twitter that she's joining Fresh Off The Boat but mentioned that she'll still be on Agents of SHIELD. I'd link the tweet but I'm not sure how that works with spoiler tags.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm interested to see how they do the Kree in Captain Marvel.

In the movies and TV they've never been anything other than the bad guys.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What makes you think they still aren't bad guys?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

There was an early AoS with a good guy Kree, with Lady Sif. Well, at least not straight up villain.

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Isn't Youndu a Kree?

Also, Nebula, before a whole bunch of robot parts?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pastamania posted:

Isn't Youndu a Kree?

Oh so all blue aliens are the same huh?

You racist.

Yondu is another blue skinned alien race, the Centauri. Nebula has never had her race defined as far as I can tell.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pastamania posted:

Isn't Youndu a Kree?

Yondu was already answered. As for Nebula, she's a Luphomoid. They're blue and purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Rhyno posted:

Oh so all blue aliens are the same huh?

You racist.

Yondu is another blue skinned alien race, the Centauri. Nebula has never had her race defined as far as I can tell.