Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Both wore head stuff, both had red as a signature color. Total ripoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I watched the All In Battle Royale on YouTube and had a few questions:

1) is Punishment Martinez on the WWE’s radar? He seems to be the type they go for

2) does Jimmy Jacobs wear a dress a lot? When did this start?

3) what’s the deal with The Best friends hugging?

4) how tall is Marko Stunt?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CopywrightMMXI posted:

He's Mysterio sized, so probably something like 5'4.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I watched the All In Battle Royale on YouTube and had a few questions:

1) is Punishment Martinez on the WWE’s radar? He seems to be the type they go for

2) does Jimmy Jacobs wear a dress a lot? When did this start?

3) what’s the deal with The Best friends hugging?

1) no clue, it's worth saying that's one of the better Punishment Martinez matches I've seen, he's usually a fair bit more plodding than that. I've seen him described as "just Baron Corbin but better" and it's basically correct.

2) yeah, his gimmick is Zombie Princess and it's just because he thinks it's funny

3) they're best friends, so they hug each other. At some point in the last year or two a camera guy thought it'd be funny to give them the same wide shot that Okada gets when he does his pose after a Rainmaker, and everyone does it now.

4) he's very very small

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CopywrightMMXI posted:

the dude's already 36, so while it is possible, it's not really likely

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

How come Center Stage looked like a big arena when WCW ran it and looks like a high school gym when ROH runs it now?

18 years in production and exhibition and this still baffles me.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1043992110486061057?s=20

I thought WWE didn't provide health insurance?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

How come Center Stage looked like a big arena when WCW ran it and looks like a high school gym when ROH runs it now?

Looked tiny as hell when WCW ran it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For the life me I don't remember: how did the Shane McMahon feud with Steve Blackman start?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Looked tiny as hell when WCW ran it.
Not as loving tiny as it looks now.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

For the life me I don't remember: how did the Shane McMahon feud with Steve Blackman start?

Was there even really a feud? I don't remember the Hardcore title revolving around much focused conflict as opposed to just telling the story of the person with the belt trying to keep it from a wild mob so I'm guessing he just earned the shot somehow

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I remember the Blackman thing was actually pretty neat. It was when the Hardcore title had the 24/7 stuff going where it changed hands every few minutes...until Blackman got it, then he just beat the poo poo out of anyone who tried. Shane finally took it from him via an assload of run-ins, that led to the match where Shane ate death by Titantron

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

LividLiquid posted:

huh, I haven't seen the ROH show, but if you have the Network you could pull up the NXT episodes from January-February (-March?) that were taped there for a more modern point of comparison

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone currently wrestling do a really good traditional top rope dropkick? I mean the sideways version not like a Daniel Bryan front one. I’m sure there is I’m just blanking on it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
what's the most nationalities of wrestlers in a single match that you can think of? non-rumble wise of course.

im wondering because at destruction in kobe, there was a 6-man tag between a japanese man, an irish man, an american, an englishman, and two new zealanders.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shiksa posted:

what's the most nationalities of wrestlers in a single match that you can think of? non-rumble wise of course.

im wondering because at destruction in kobe, there was a 6-man tag between a japanese man, an irish man, an american, an englishman, and two new zealanders.

The CMLL Grand Prix is a Cibernetico where 8 people represent the world and face a team of 8 Mexicans. Usually leads to 6 different nations represented.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

shiksa posted:

Roman reigns (US) vs the league of nations (England, Ireland, Bulgaria, Mexico) in a 4 on 1 handicap match

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

New Day (US & Ghana) fought the league of nations for what felt like forever

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

Roman reigns (US) vs the league of nations (England, Ireland, Bulgaria, Mexico) in a 4 on 1 handicap match

Also, Roman vs. 1 Mexican, 3 Canadians, 1 Irishman, 1 Jamaican Ghanaian and 8 Americans.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It's kind of cheating... but just on my first check:

1987 Survivor Series 10v10 Tag match

The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid), The Killer Bees (B. Brian Blair and Jim Brunzell), The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques Rougeau and Raymond Rougeau), Strike Force (Rick Martel and Tito Santana), The Young Stallions (Jim Powers and Paul Roma)
vs
The Bolsheviks (Boris Zhukov and Nikolai Volkoff), Demolition (Ax and Smash), The Dream Team (Dino Bravo and Greg Valentine), The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) and The Islanders (Haku and Tama) (with Bobby Heenan, Mr. Fuji, Jimmy Hart, Johnny Valiant and Slick)

11 Americans
4 Canadians (3 French Canadians)
2 Englishmen
1 Yugoslav
1 Italian-Canadian
1 Tongan
(Also, Mr. Fuji is Japanese, but I assume you just want just in-ring participants)

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Are there any moves that are done by only a small number of people due to the difficulty of the move? Ricochets 720 senton or Starship Pain are the only thing that jumps out of my brain but I'm sure there is some forbidden suplex only Master Masons know how to do or something.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Only Scott Steiner does the screwdriver, because nobody else would be willing to do that to another human being.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Shooting Star Press is notoriously difficult, but not so hard that only a handful of people can do it or anything.

There are some suplexes/drivers that aren't done very often because there's not really a safe way to take them. Like, AFAIK, nobody does the Kawada Driver because it was a nasty botch that became a big match move. Nobody wants to take Misawa's Tiger Driver every week in the WWE either.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Defiance Industries posted:

Only Scott Steiner does the screwdriver, because nobody else would be willing to do that to another human being.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Anything that's too flippy is your answer. Double moonssaults, phoenix splashes, etc.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I almost threw up the first time I saw that. God drat.

e: I don't think too many people would attempt that move Dragon Lee did when he broke Hiromu's neck. And even then, well...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Brian Cage does it sometimes

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Brian Cage does it sometimes

Scott Steiner is an insane person, what's his excuse?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

He's a machine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DangerDummy! posted:

I almost threw up the first time I saw that. God drat.

e: I don't think too many people would attempt that move Dragon Lee did when he broke Hiromu's neck. And even then, well...

Ibushi does it, and Kalisto did on the indies. Owens used a corner toss version.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He loves spinal trauma

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Ibushi does it, and Kalisto did on the indies. Owens used a corner toss version.

Ibushi is a lunatic, and Owens had a reputation for his technical ability in the indies. I have no real insight on Kalisto to be honest. Not saying we're even in disagreement here, but you still don't see it very often.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
unless I've grossly misread how those moves are performed, I think the jackhammer and F5 both require some pretty ridiculous upper body strength to pull off

or maybe people just don't do them because when you do them the crowd goes "ohhh it's just like Goldberg" I dunno

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Are there any moves that are done by only a small number of people due to the difficulty of the move? Ricochets 720 senton or Starship Pain are the only thing that jumps out of my brain but I'm sure there is some forbidden suplex only Master Masons know how to do or something.

I haven’t seen many people do Ibushi’s over the ropes German.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I've only ever seen Jerry Lynn and Will Osprey do the springboard sunset flip powerbomb.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lunatic Sledge posted:

unless I've grossly misread how those moves are performed, I think the jackhammer and F5 both require some pretty ridiculous upper body strength to pull off

or maybe people just don't do them because when you do them the crowd goes "ohhh it's just like Goldberg" I dunno

I used to use F5s on people who were bigger than me in high school when we’d mess around all the time and I was pretty skinny. Fireman’s carries are a really easy way to lift people heavier than you

Now for ridiculous upper body strength there’s always Kenny omegas electric chair drop into catch German suplex. Don’t think I’ve seen anyone else use that one

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 25, 2018

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

He’s not normal.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Has anyone else done a similar thing to the Three Faces of Foley? As in actually referencing their other gimmicks and going back to them as part of an angle.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has anyone else done a similar thing to the Three Faces of Foley? As in actually referencing their other gimmicks and going back to them as part of an angle.

Mutoh/Muta would do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Admiral Joeslop posted:

jeff hardy, shane helms