Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I just remembered an RPG I bought once for the PS2 and quickly bounced off of, turns out it was made by FromSoftware!

So I'd like to see an LP (any format will be fine by me except maybe video with subtitle commentary) of

Evergrace and Forever Kingdom (aka Evergrace 2).

Hoping to see how accurate my first impression of it was at the time and what I may have missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I just remembered an RPG I bought once for the PS2 and quickly bounced off of, turns out it was made by FromSoftware!

So I'd like to see an LP (any format will be fine by me except maybe video with subtitle commentary) of

Evergrace and Forever Kingdom (aka Evergrace 2).

Hoping to see how accurate my first impression of it was at the time and what I may have missed.

:barf: They were necessary stumbles on the way to Demon's Souls but ugh. Bonus points for trying to get the Armored Core music guy to step way out of his comfort zone despite his complete lack of a music theory background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV7p48af-yw

I can replay the other ps2 launch game they did (Eternal Ring) from time to time but Evergrace is just garbage.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 8, 2018

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
This is probably a far shot, but I'd love someone with infinitely more patience - or at least LP making patience - to look at some of the more interesting older Famicom RPGs, especially as more of them have been getting translated. Dream Master (not Little Nemo) or Heracles no Eikou might be good suggestions if people have the stomach for them.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Re-requesting Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria. It's been 2 years and frigging Covenant of the Plume got LPed before it

Preferably a VLP since the ways the combat system can be broken in half is part of the charm of the game (that and the cheesy voice acting)

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Requesting a playthrough of the old Marvel gamebooks (freely available on archive.org now.)

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

The Iconoclasts LP is now up and can be found here.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I remembered an old LP of a fantasy strategy game for the Sega Saturn. Looking around I believe the game was Dragon Force, which according to the Master List had 2 failed attempts and one successful one (from 2008), though sadly it's not on the archive as far as I can tell.

I'd love to see a run of the game. Apparently there's also been a PS2 port of the game, so that's an option. Then again it's a Working Designs translation and who knows what "improvements" they made to the game.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I remembered an old LP of a fantasy strategy game for the Sega Saturn. Looking around I believe the game was Dragon Force, which according to the Master List had 2 failed attempts and one successful one (from 2008), though sadly it's not on the archive as far as I can tell.

I'd love to see a run of the game. Apparently there's also been a PS2 port of the game, so that's an option. Then again it's a Working Designs translation and who knows what "improvements" they made to the game.

The PlayStation 2 version was only released in Japan as part of the Sega Ages series that never saw release here. It's a really fun strategy game that is kind of a European style fantasy Romance of the 3 Kingdoms. I'd love to see someone LP it, since despite the fact I love the game I know there is no way I could do it justice trying to LP it myself.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I actually own Dragon Force and have the equipment to record it with good quality. It's on my list of things to play through on my channel eventually since it's an awesome game from the ol' childhood and all that. However, if I ran a thread it'd be a video LP, which is perhaps not what people would prefer for the kind of game it is. I don't have the patience to put together a good SSLP like some other people, so I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

rojogames posted:

I actually own Dragon Force and have the equipment to record it with good quality. It's on my list of things to play through on my channel eventually since it's an awesome game from the ol' childhood and all that. However, if I ran a thread it'd be a video LP, which is perhaps not what people would prefer for the kind of game it is. I don't have the patience to put together a good SSLP like some other people, so I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

I like both formats generally, so I'd be sure to check it out! Especially since I'm liking that Elder Scrolls LP you've just started.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

R.I.P I'd love to read but as evidenced by use of the word read, I'm not capable of sitting through videos. Still do it though, It's always preferable to have the game documented in some way.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
OK...it'll take some time to get prepared, but I'll see if I can get something going maybe mid-late next week.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

rojogames posted:

OK...it'll take some time to get prepared, but I'll see if I can get something going maybe mid-late next week.

Cool! Thanks so much! Though remember, no need to rush. :) (I don't know if you normally do multiple concurrent LPs or not)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I would like to request the Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law video game in honor of the special that's going to air soon.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

I would like to request the Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law video game in honor of the special that's going to air soon.

You can watch Harvey Birdman fight for the Bunny Championship Title in the LPFWA right this moment if you want!

e: and he just lost :/

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Anyone wanna take a crack at Neverwinter Nights?

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I'd like to request an LP of Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader (PC).

Lionheart was the last game published by Black Isle Studios and uses Fallout's SPECIAL system, but features a rather unique setting: Renaissance Barcelona in an alternate universe where magic and assorted magical creatures were forcibly introduced into the world during the Third Crusade. It also has a pretty good story, interesting sidequests in the early game, and really good music. Unfortunately, Black Isle/Interplay was already in the process of going bankrupt while Lionheart was in development, and the resulting budget issues caused the gameplay to end up unpolished, which is a friendly way of saying that the combat is extremely boring - and large chunks of the game consist almost entirely of combat. I think this makes it a really good game to LP since that gives people the opportunity to see all the interesting content without actually having to play it. The game is available on Steam and GOG.

It should definitely be a SSLP; doing it in video format would just lead to loads of dead air filled with dialogues and monotonous battles. The only thing lost would be the surprisingly good voice acting.

The LPer would need some tolerance for boring passages, but if worse comes to worst there's a pretty easy way to break the game: Using reloads until certain chests' random drops spit out an amulet that damages all enemies around you whenever you equip it, then putting that amulet on the hotkey bar to rapidly de- and reequip it, dealing loads of unavoidable damage to everything around you.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 24, 2018

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'd like to request Dragon Quest Builders SSLP. I'm really losing steam with the resets and I'd love to see what kind of marvelous architecture someone competent could make.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Mraagvpeine posted:

A few things to go through. 1) The LP for Trails in the Sky the 3rd is finished. 2) I would like to re-request Puppeteer. 3) I'd like to make a new request for that Danganronpa Despair Girls game.

A request, almost a year old.

TheMcD posted:

Hey, this is like several months late because I only now started checking this thread, but I just want to say that Ultra Despair Girls is on the top of my LP shortlist written in the largest, boldest letters possible. As soon as I finish my current LP and nobody beat me to the Punch in the meantime, I am starting on Ultra Despair Girls.

The caveat to that is that at the current pace I'm going - one update a week - I can't state with confidence that my current LP will finish in 2018 because I have no idea just how much is still left, since it's a massive game, and I'm not helping myself with a large side project. So while it might take ages, you will get this wish.

A claim, about 3/4 of a year old.

And the Ultra Despair Girls thread is now live.

Let it never be said I don't keep my promises.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!
The Dragon Force thread is up.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Carpator Diei posted:

I'd like to request an LP of Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader (PC).

I think this one hasn't been added to the list yet.

(I hope I didn't break any rules or brought up a game that had already been dismissed in earlier threads, I only checked this thread and the Master List...)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Carpator Diei posted:

I think this one hasn't been added to the list yet.

(I hope I didn't break any rules or brought up a game that had already been dismissed in earlier threads, I only checked this thread and the Master List...)

Apologies, I missed that one. Thanks for re-highlighting it.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I'd like to request an LP of Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2.

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

Requesting an LP of The Order: 1886.

Ideally would involve sweet, sweet critical analysis of how the game succeeded and failed. VLP preferred to show off the game's greatest, and perhaps only, strength.

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

supposedly it frees you from anxiety and nihilism
Can we get a hero to translate Moon Remix RPG Adventure into SSLP format please? I can dream, right??

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flac posted:

Can we get a hero to translate Moon Remix RPG Adventure into SSLP format please? I can dream, right??
Seconding the hell out of this one.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I'd like to request the Fossil Fighters series for the DS/3DS, or at the very least the first game. Preferably in Screenshot form, please.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I would like to request Scroll of Taiwu.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Dragonatrix already did a LP of the original, so I'd like to see Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker on the 3DS done, since it's an enhanced port with a whole new story after the original story. SSLP is probably the only viable format.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Argas posted:

Dragonatrix already did a LP of the original, so I'd like to see Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker on the 3DS done, since it's an enhanced port with a whole new story after the original story. SSLP is probably the only viable format.

Anyone know if ChaosArgate plans to resume 1 ever?

Speaking of Shinjiro Takada, Fuma Yato and Yo Haduki though, If anyone wants to SSLP Growlanser 4 I have portraits and junk I can figure out how to share and will gladly help as much as I can. Its been 2 years since I got this all together and its a great game that can compete with a Trails game 1 to 1 so I'd love to see it archived for everyone to see.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Argas posted:

I'd like to see Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker on the 3DS done

Not gonna lie, the only reason I haven't done it (and Overclocked) already is because I just haven't bothered to mod my 3DS to record off of it yet. Not sure if/when I even will, to be honest. :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Dragonatrix posted:

Not gonna lie, the only reason I haven't done it (and Overclocked) already is because I just haven't bothered to mod my 3DS to record off of it yet. Not sure if/when I even will, to be honest. :v:

Dragonatrix!!! :argh:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

Recording off Citra is now a pretty viable option.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

MythosDragon posted:

Anyone know if ChaosArgate plans to resume 1 ever?

Oh I hear that guy would like to, but does not have the time or patience to do SSLPs.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh I hear that guy would like to, but does not have the time or patience to do SSLPs.

And just why should we trust you to know what ChaosArgate is able or willing to do?

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Okay, so. This is either a very unpopular or very popular opinion.
Someone please let's play Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I played through all of mass effect 1,2,3. Andromeda is such a bad game, I don't want to waste real money on it. I have to know a) what happens and b) is it really as bad as everyone says?
There's basically NO full let's play of this game. All the random lazy youtubers who started let's playing it quit pretty shortly after the prologue. Sure that part of the game is awful. Is it possible that later in the game it gets better? Probably not! I have to know though. The mystery is killing me.

If you're thinking this let's play couldn't possibly be interesting, the game is too boring, well, see, that's why I want you to do it! Not me! Either edit the christ out of it. Make it a SSLP, or have a couple of your mates on the video with you so you can all make fun of the game together.
I'm hopeful this request is met sometime in the next decade or two.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

There's an Andromeda LP that just started here.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

namad posted:

Okay, so. This is either a very unpopular or very popular opinion.
Someone please let's play Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I played through all of mass effect 1,2,3. Andromeda is such a bad game, I don't want to waste real money on it. I have to know a) what happens and b) is it really as bad as everyone says?
There's basically NO full let's play of this game. All the random lazy youtubers who started let's playing it quit pretty shortly after the prologue. Sure that part of the game is awful. Is it possible that later in the game it gets better? Probably not! I have to know though. The mystery is killing me.

If you're thinking this let's play couldn't possibly be interesting, the game is too boring, well, see, that's why I want you to do it! Not me! Either edit the christ out of it. Make it a SSLP, or have a couple of your mates on the video with you so you can all make fun of the game together.
I'm hopeful this request is met sometime in the next decade or two.

I don't want to meet the man willing to SSLP ME:A. Record yourself playing the game, watch your recording to get screenshots, look through screenshots and determine what you need and then actually write stuff about the game. Thats 4X as much time with that game as anyone else and thats probably how the Joker went so crazy.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

namad posted:

b) is it really as bad as everyone says?
Eh, not really. While internet hyperbole would have you believe Andromeda is worse than double Hitler, it's just kind of bland and mediocre with some decently fun combat (at least as a vanguard/engineer hybrid character) and a dumb story.

Also, Spider-Man for the PS4 was requested a while back and here it is: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869513

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want to request Time Twist because it seems loving insane.

No fan translation so that seems a challenge, but then again the game will probably make the same amount of sense regardless of whether you'd understand it or not.