Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spite house
Apr 28, 2009

esperterra posted:

Willam's personality/schtick def clashes with the idea he's a professional, but he takes his business super seriously and has a reputation for being legit when it comes to that side of things.
Willam is on my zombie apocalypse dream squad shortlist. He's a total professional, does not suffer fools and works so drat hard that it boggles the mind. (Christeene is also on said list for the same reasons, incidentally.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

This also happened at the Emmys:

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1041861404670787584?s=19

I'll have to find the video later.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Shneak posted:

Ru won the Emmy for best host again.

For the first time in 84 years something other than The Voice and The Amazing Race won best reality. "Drag will never be mainstream."

Considering how the awards seem to focus on one reality show at a time to heap praise on, and how Drag Race seems to be snatching more and more of the reality awards, I wonder if Ru will continue to dominate going forward (if the quality keeps around this level)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/Lesdoggg/status/1041913676846968833
:allears:

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J85ck3UrpMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pWaTAPTJrg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43s7KOyFP28

Ha ha ha ha Rick and Morty presented the award :v:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 18, 2018

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
The Emmys were super low budget this year, most of the time the stage looked like they were presenting from an underground fallout shelter, and everybody seemed super embarrassed to be there.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Nihonniboku posted:

and everybody seemed super embarrassed to be there.

this is traditional

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Pinwiz11 posted:

This also happened at the Emmys:

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1041861404670787584?s=19

I'll have to find the video later.

Here's the presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln6llmzCSoA

:allears:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMcMrj_BYuY

Vajay J. won a crown in my heart :colbert:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
That Final 4 was rough cause I love all of them. I could sort of understand why Vajay Jay was the one who was eliminated, but I’m still sad bout it. She’s by far the funniest competition and I’ll miss her presence on the show. It was alarming to she her out of drag though. Such a transformation.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Have we discussed how Willam has a supporting role in the Bradley Cooper Lady Gaga A Star is Born remake?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think so. Shangie is in it, too. Gaga picked Shangela personally for the role of her character's best friend iirc

e: o she's like a drag mum to gaga's char

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

All I know is that I can't wait for the film. :munch:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Same! I love all 3 versions of A Star is Born and I am excited to have a fourth, it's the perfect kind of movie for Gaga and I'm interested to see how Cooper handles directing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

jimmydalad posted:

That Final 4 was rough cause I love all of them. I could sort of understand why Vajay Jay was the one who was eliminated, but I’m still sad bout it. She’s by far the funniest competition and I’ll miss her presence on the show. It was alarming to she her out of drag though. Such a transformation.

:same:

Although I checked out her Insta account a few weeks back so I wasn't so surprised by her transformation: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhfOlk8n0Od/?hl=en&taken-by=vajay_j_snappinturtle

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I've been rewatching American Horror Story on Netflix, and I've noticed that they make frequent use of the exact same stock sound effects that Drag Race uses, particularly the SHADE sound effect.

By default I let out a, "YASS QUEEN," or a, "SPILL IT, SIS," until I realize that it's inappropriate in this particular scene.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Nihonniboku posted:

I've been rewatching American Horror Story on Netflix, and I've noticed that they make frequent use of the exact same stock sound effects that Drag Race uses, particularly the SHADE sound effect.

By default I let out a, "YASS QUEEN," or a, "SPILL IT, SIS," until I realize that it's inappropriate in this particular scene.

ahs season tier list:

woke:
murder house
coven
hotel
roanoke

oke:
freakshow

broke:
asylum
cult

current season shows promise but i dunno if "post-apocalocic" is really a horror genre. more like american scifi story

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thoughts on monets Instagram post?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

jit bull transpile posted:

ahs season tier list:

woke:
murder house
coven
hotel
roanoke

oke:
freakshow

broke:
asylum
cult

current season shows promise but i dunno if "post-apocalocic" is really a horror genre. more like american scifi story

Nothing about this seemed contentious to me then I saw where you put asylum and now I am literally furious with anger

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Nothing about this seemed contentious to me then I saw where you put asylum and now I am literally furious with anger

Asylum is just too much riding on shock value and throwing more and more elements at the wall to see what sticks. I was over it after the nazi doc does his poo poo to Chloe Sevigny.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ICHIBAHN posted:

Thoughts on monets Instagram post?

Link?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Seems like a joke?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

them's fightin' words, bae

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Seems like a joke?

idk I have an ex who has "3x Emmy award winning journalist" on all of his social media and it's like the first thing he'll bring up in conversation upon meeting you

the Emmys are for his network news team, for which he's a freelance correspondent. it's like saying "I freelance for XYZ News, which won three Emmys, therefore I'm a three-time Emmy winner!" which is technically true but oh my god you're full of yourself.

(I'm a little bitter, ok)

In Monet's case I'd guess it's a shameless attention grab. It's kind of true since she was on S10 and that season won an Emmy, but it's pretty disingenuous since it wasn't her performance specifically that won an Emmy.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I say live
She was a big part of S10
Go for it

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

:yeah:

Asylum season best season, if only for the Name Game.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

She was in the cast, if she ponies up the cash the Emmy folks will definitely send her a trophy.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ahs season tier list:

woke:
murder house
coven
hotel
roanoke

oke:
freakshow

broke:
asylum
cult

Noooooo.

Best Season:

Asylum

Definitely Watchable Seasons and Probably Good:

Murder House
Hotel

Terrible:
Coven
Cult
Freak Show
Roanoke

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

Noooooo.

Best Season:

Asylum

Definitely Watchable Seasons and Probably Good:

Murder House
Hotel

Terrible:
Coven
Cult
Freak Show
Roanoke

roanoke and hotel are the only good seasons of this utterly ridiculous show

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

alf_pogs posted:

roanoke and hotel are the only good seasons of this utterly ridiculous show

I like Hotel. I haven't rewatched Roanoke, but I remember having issue with the format, and the failure to fulfill some of the season's bigger promises. At least it had Trixie Mattel. Why doesn't this show have more Drag Race veterans?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Unless it was a perfect bit part like Trixie's role, you would need a queen who:

1. Can actually act
2. Can pull off the Murphy style
3. Not be booked on one of 500 tours, cruises, or pride gigs during filming

#1 discounts most of the queens before we even start. The closest we've had to a queen being a "legitimate actor" (ugh, i hate myself even typing that) has been Bob doing Angels in America.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Unless it was a perfect bit part like Trixie's role, you would need a queen who:

1. Can actually act
2. Can pull off the Murphy style
3. Not be booked on one of 500 tours, cruises, or pride gigs during filming

#1 discounts most of the queens before we even start. The closest we've had to a queen being a "legitimate actor" (ugh, i hate myself even typing that) has been Bob doing Angels in America.

#2 is pretty much the drag house style

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
My wife just texted to say alyssa edwards was on her flight and she said hi to alyssa in the most awkward way possible, lol

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's the beef with Eureka and Aja. Seeing a lot of allusions on twitter

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

So apparently instead of an episode this week Camp Wannakiki is posting part of the final challenge(?):

quote:

Betty & Cherry gave the Top 3 finalist of CAMP WANNAKIKI one final challenge... to make a music video for their song "Camp it Up (Camp Wannakiki)!"

The campers received very little instructions, and were left to their own devices to create a music video that reflected their personal style.

Videos, hopefully timed to skip the intro, which is identical for all of them, and linked just in case you don't know the final 3 yet:

https://youtu.be/cPqGLDFWSao?t=1m43s
https://youtu.be/7uC8LR0zLaY?t=1m43s
https://youtu.be/BYYRxsksbQI?t=1m43s

I love all of them, and I love this ridiculous YouTube show

My wife just texted to say alyssa edwards was on her flight and she said hi to alyssa in the most awkward way possible, lol

tell your wife she's great, thanks

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Is there going to be a separate thread for Dragula Season 3? It's not premiering until Oct 31st though.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

How can all y'all be so close, yet so far

excellence:
- Freakshow
- Asylum
- Roanoke
- Coven

garbàge
- Hotel*
- Murder House

inexplicable but bad:
- Cult

*and I love Trixie and Gaga but I really miss Jessica Lange

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

S+ tier
Murder House
Asylum

S Tier
Roanoke
Cult

A Tier
Hotel

BALENCIAGA Tier
Coven

Christ this deadass put me to sleep Tier
Freak Show

e: ^^ Lange is set to return as Constance this year

I miss Lily Rabe as a regular more, personally. But I do miss Lange. Paulson has been picking up the slack well imho, tho.

e2: also Coven's low ranking is not indicative at all of my enjoyment of that season but rather how much of a hot loving mess the writing was

the first three seasons are the only ones i go out of my way to rewatch lmbo, tho I prob will with Cult too

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 27, 2018

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Shangela Laquifa Wadley of the Haus of Edwards at the “A Star is Born” London premier 🤤

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

that hair is making me cry because it's not on my head

• Locked thread