Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This time for real maybe
https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/1042053684950122498

yes those two tweets are deleted, previous times Prazak promised the service was coming up "within a week or two"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Unlike winter, Shimmer streaming is not coming.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what the hold up is with that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm a dork who likes to start things from the beginning so the SHIMMER streaming service is something I'm actually considering getting. Hurry up with the goods, Prazak!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder what the hold up is with that.

Prazak is learning how to use Handbrake and/or re-downloading all the old shows from XWT

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Yee of little faith
https://www.streamshimmer.com/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wow

It's under a dumb system where you have to sign up to even be able to browse the library that's available to watch but yep, it's real. They finally did it

59 shows currently available

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 18, 2018

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Things they need to add ASAP to this SHIMMER streaming service

Match listings / Being able to skip to a specific match on any volume
Search feature
Better interface to navigate between volumes/shows.

But, at a first attempt, it works, so I am not complaining too much. Hopefully they add the volumes that are already released on DVD after 61 soon.

I also really hope they add original content like alt commentary track for specific matches or shoot interviews. Just something besides the shows.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Upload the old afterparty tapes.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Caught the second ep of MYC, the matches weren't as good but there's potential. I also think Beth Phoenix came a bit out of her shell on commentary, first episode she barely said anything and was hard to distinguish vocally from Young, here she said more stuff and started to establish a personality.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Tragic day everyone. Kaitlyn no longer has Spin the Bottle as her theme.

Truly the darkest day in the history of this dumb fake sport.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Was the Jade/Sienna feud always this brutal?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Auritech posted:

Was the Jade/Sienna feud always this brutal?

Well, considering this is how their first match ever ended in 2012, yeah....

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...Is Toni using the Tyler Driver as her piledriver replacement for the tournament on purpose?

Also this is cool as hell:
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1042585947110559745

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like Jinny and also Jinny's gear.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I swear that's the third or fourth move Toni's done which a commentator has called storm zero. I'd guess she's trying whatever and seeing what sticks 'cause there's no way she's ever doing a piledriver in WWE.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Are they not calling whatever it is a Strong Zero like last year since maybe someone figured out it's a Japanese canned alcoholic beverage?

In any case, I definitely dug this episode, except for whatever it was Kaitlyn and Kavita Devi did. I might go looking for more Jinny/Toni and Mia/Sienna stuff since I want to see more of those pairings.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Dias posted:

Same, plus she has scary eyes and bumps well.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I wonder if Katilyn has done anything else since the MYC finished up.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So uhhh yikes.

https://twitter.com/KillEFFY/status/1042410385469517825

Lacey is toast if those allegations are true. Which sadly, wouldn't shock me. Because I remember hearing rumors of her being an absolute rear end in a top hat behind the scenes to a lot of her co-workers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, I enjoyed this episode quite a lot. Kaitlyn/Kavita was bad but Kaitlyn's back and gonna have a better match next round so whatever. Toni/Jinny was great and I hate Jinny with the power of a thousand burning suns because oh my god she's just the worst. I was very surprised by Karen/Xia cause I remembered Xia as being not good last year but she was very fun here. And Mia/AK was ace and I'm super hype to have Mia in NXT so hurray.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DarkstarIV posted:

Tragic day everyone. Kaitlyn no longer has Spin the Bottle as her theme.

Truly the darkest day in the history of this dumb fake sport.
:hmmyes:

Dias posted:

Jinny is great in that she has her character down pat from the way she carries herself, how she emotes and the fancy ring gear.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Devita has no business being on TV but Kaitlyn's intensity saved that match. Good to know her spear can still kill anyone regardless of size.

I miss Toni Storm's first MYC theme. It was perfect.

Karen Q/Xia Li having a full king fu exchange like it was a Shaw Bros movie was rad. Didn't expect Xia to pick up the win here, but she looked much improved.

I really don't like Allysin Kay and I think it is over emoting. The finish was great though. Hopefully Mia brought extra gear to the tapings so she isn't constantly doing a Misawa tribute in the second round.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Hopefully Mia brought extra gear to the tapings so she isn't constantly doing a Misawa tribute in the second round.

I hope she brought extra gear because she seemed to be wrestling with her pants almost as much as her opponent.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mary Annette posted:

I hope she brought extra gear because she seemed to be wrestling with her pants almost as much as her opponent.

:thejoke:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Sorry, wasn't aware Misawa was known for his plumber's crack.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Kind of a disappointing show. I thought it was going to be lights-out from what people here were saying last week, but I'd characterize it as a B-. No terrible matches, but no terrific matches. The Storm/Jinny match was probably the high point from my perspective.

Kaitlyn vs. Kavita Devi

Lady hoss-off!

I guess I would have to rewatch last year's MYC to be sure, but it doesn't feel to me like Devi's improved a whole lot during that time. She did seem a little more comfortable, so that's something. I dunno how long she's been training, but I think she still has a long ways to go. I want Kaitlyn back in WWE; her moveset has a lot that you don't see in the women's division right now. All the power moves! She actually seemed stronger than Nia Jax, as well as a lot crisper.

Side note: I wasn't watching WWE during Kaitlyn's previous run, but I'm guessing she was the inspiration for Dana Brooke? Goddamn, her chest is twice the size of her head. That has to be an obstacle for wrestling.

Toni Storm vs. Jinny

I feel bad for Jobbe-I mean, Jinny. I think Toni Storm wins this tournament and turns Io heel in the process. I had no idea why WWE didn't sign her last year and I have to imagine she'll be NXT champion soon. I could see her beating Kairi Sane for the title; that would be kind of a natural story since I think it was Kairi who beat her in last year's tournament. Toni's bemused finger-points back to Peyton and Billie were a show highlight. Her selling in that submission move, that sick German suplex, drat.

Jinny's got kind of a fun gimmick with the fashionista thing, I suppose; I guess it's like if Rarity were a wrestler. That's cool. She was pretty good overall, she does seem to have the wrestling ability to do well in the future. I think there's a ceiling on her given how twiggy she is; as Cornette would say, she doesn't really look like she can beat someone up. But that seems to be her only limitation, and I'm sure she could build some more visible muscle over time. WWE must be fans given how much good offense she got in. I'd like to see more of her matches; I hadn't heard of her before this.

Karen Q vs. Xia Li

Karen Q saying in the pre-match promo that she's going to outsmart the competition because she has a bachelor's degree and a master's degree was goofy as hell, especially since she teaches elementary... physical education. Give her the Genius gimmick, Vince! Also, change her music, yikes.

Like the crowd, I was super into the start of the match. Of course, Renee saying that these two wanted to break Chinese stereotypes while they were doing kung-fu moves and then bowing over and over was a little mistimed.

Unlike Devi, I think Xia Li has taken some real strides in the last year. Her flippy kick off the ropes to end the match was super rad. I was worried that this match would be a disaster like one of the second episode's matches, but it was alright. I wouldn't actively seek out more matches from either of them, but I wouldn't avoid them, either.

Mia Yim vs. Allysin Kay

It's cool that this match has a story/feud going into it, but I thought the match itself was just alright.

Seeing Allysin Kay makes me miss Chelsea Green and her gimmick from the All In show. The "I'm ker-aaaaaaaazy" gimmick is so overused. Not really her fault that I'm burnt out on it; she didn't pick what episode she'd appear on. I do fuckin' love her Ultimecia feather shawl thing, so there's that. Nothing about her wrestling stood out to me other than that she generally seemed competent.

I think I liked Mia Yim a lot last year. She was decent here. Backhanding the ringpost looked loving MISERABLE. I dunno about her create-a-wrestler ring gear, though, that's too bad and seemed like something she had to keep adjusting constantly. I had to rewatch her finisher to understand what was happening; at first, I thought she had gotten countered.

It does seem like the weaker performers are getting weeded out consistently here in the first round, so I can see the second and third rounds being a big step up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

I hate Jinny with the power of a thousand burning suns because oh my god she's just the worst.

surf rock posted:

I guess it's like if Rarity were a wrestler.

What did I ever do to hurt you surf rock? :(

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

What is it with top rope code breakers, top rope sole foods, etc? That can't be good for your back and neck.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Its not good longterm but since they're lighter, its less likely to do immediate serious physical harm.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I dunno about Storm winning the NXT Women's Title from Kairi. I think her ceiling right now is the UK women's title. Because from what I understand, she's only under a WWE UK deal right now. Also she is very hesitant on signing a full time deal, which is why she's still wrestling for other indies like EVE and Evolve (even though I know they are close with WWE). WWE isn't going to put their title on anyone who doesn't move to Orlando and sign a full time deal with them. Something Toni doesn't seem willing to do. Because the NXT Women's Champion is expected to tour with them either during the weekend on the Largo Loop, or on the national tour that happens once or twice every month.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 20, 2018

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I think the real question is, do you think they'll actually let Kairi/Io have a big match at a major Takeover.

Part 2, if yes, are they gutsy enough to have it main?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Go RV! posted:

I think the real question is, do you think they'll actually let Kairi/Io have a big match at a major Takeover.

Yes, and potentially yes depending on the feud. WWE would be absolutely loving stupid to not run Kairi/Io at a Takeover event. And unlike the main roster, NXT generally gives fans what they want. And a Kairi/Io feud is in high demand and one of the highest profile matches they could run. As for when they would do it, I think Takeover: Brooklyn (WM Weekend) would be the best place to do it. Have Io win and send Kairi to the main roster. And start building the NXT Women's Division around Io. That would be the best idea going forward, since she was behind a lot of the improvement people have seen for Momo, Starlight Kid, AZM, and Hazuki.

And as for the match main eventing, it would all depend on how the feud was written (and other matches on the card). If they were just friendly rivals then no, it wouldn't main event. However if they were bitter enemies then yeah it should totally main event. The only other major match I could see main eventing during Takeover: Brooklyn during WM weekend is Gargano vs Ciampa again, and I think at this point, it shouldn't be the main event of the show. They've ran it into the ground.

People like to claim that Io won't get booed if she was a heel. I think the thing though is that if the storyline is good enough, they will boo her. Or the crowd will be split.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 20, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

Yes, and potentially yes depending on the feud. WWE would be absolutely loving stupid to not run Kairi/Io at a Takeover event. And unlike the main roster, NXT generally gives fans what they want. And a Kairi/Io feud is in high demand and one of the highest profile matches they could run. As for when they would do it, I think Takeover: Brooklyn (WM Weekend) would be the best place to do it. Have Io win and send Kairi to the main roster. And start building the NXT Women's Division around Io. That would be the best idea going forward, since she was behind a lot of the improvement people have seen for Momo, Starlight Kid, AZM, and Hazuki.

And as for the match main eventing, it would all depend on how the feud was written (and other matches on the card). If they were just friendly rivals then no, it wouldn't main event. However if they were bitter enemies then yeah it should totally main event. The only other major match I could see main eventing during Takeover: Brooklyn during WM weekend is Gargano vs Ciampa again, and I think at this point, it shouldn't be the main event of the show. They've ran it into the ground.

People like to claim that Io won't get booed if she was a heel. I think the thing though is that if the storyline is good enough, they will boo her. Or the crowd will be split.

If she attacks Kairi she will get booed I bet. Sure NXT crowds are smart marks but Kairi is so kawaii it overpowers that

Or they could do the Bossman/Snow feud with Cheese

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Go RV! posted:

Concentrate on the Mae Young Classic for now.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Off the top of my head, besides Mayu,Kagetsu and Jordynne Grace..are there big current women wrestlers that have not participated in the MYC yet?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Off the top of my head, besides Mayu,Kagetsu and Jordynne Grace..are there big current women wrestlers that have not participated in the MYC yet?

Kris Wolf, I guess? She's rising in popularity.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

TV Zombie posted:

Blue Pants

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Leva's supposedly burned her WWE bridges and I think Kris Wolf isn't interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Madison Eagles. Also I don't know if Allie Kat counts as big yet but Allie Kat.