Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TK-42-1 posted:

First clue that it was fake was when the bartender gave him a Red Mocho Kooler without batting an eye.

the bartender didn't give him one iirc, the bartender just said "whatever you want, i can make for you" which is a very diplomatic and classy answer when someone sits down at your bar and wants you to make some weird drink you've never heard of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Preview for the next episode :

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/sneak-peek-the-terminus-mandate/

Dean successfully poisoned his father. Good job, Dean!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Holy poo poo! Is Rusty going on a date!?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:3:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The next episode sounds like it has an amazing premise.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

luxury handset posted:

the bartender didn't give him one iirc, the bartender just said "whatever you want, i can make for you" which is a very diplomatic and classy answer when someone sits down at your bar and wants you to make some weird drink you've never heard of

And right after that he gave rusty the drink

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Holy gently caress (next episode) if this is all just for Rusty going on a date with a supposedly normal woman that they think wants to kill him for his money

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Holy gently caress (next episode) if this is all just for Rusty going on a date with a supposedly normal woman that they think wants to kill him for his money

... not really.

This isn't a spoiler, but what the hell. According to both this sneak peek and the short trailer for next week's episode they aired right after the episode ran on AS, Doc is seeking out a black widow. Night Dick is involved somehow in setting them up. The gag seems to be that he (Doc) knows, going in, that she's a black widow. He knows what he's in for, and wants to go on a date. I'm 100% sure there's an ulterior motive here, but that's why they're doing this practice run.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So in regards to the spoiler argument, my only issue is that if you get rid of spoilers tags, you are going to spoil everyone who wanders into the thread because they see a new post and weren't paying attention to the exact time of day. That first wall of black text is how I know to ignore the thread until Monday.

I don't care if you get rid of spoilers tags, just make sure there is some kind of warning when a new episode is up.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Enjoy spoiler bar season while it lasts, before we go another 6 years in between new seasons.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

tarlibone posted:

Doc is seeking out a black widow.

He's going on a date with a spider?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

The World Inferno posted:

I actually wondered if it was the member of the Council of 13 at first, but then I remembered she was dead.

No, in this case, it's a lady whose husbands (or boyfriends or whatever) tend to meet untimely ends. As in, she murders them.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The World Inferno posted:

I am hoping beyond hope that he's looking for the most literal interpretation of this. Maybe Hank's old crush....

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Billzasilver posted:

Enjoy spoiler bar season while it lasts, before we go another 6 years in between new seasons.

Seriously, it's like 48 hours a week for about two months every 3 years, who even cares. Just use the bars.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Or we could just start a separate spoiler-friendly thread where anything goes and forbid :cripesduck: holier-than-thou pissing contests between ~offended parties~.

The Venture Brothers Season 7 Spoiler Thread: All Sperging, No Triggering

Sure, it's a bit late *now*, but in 2073 when Season 8 debuts, it's an idea.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Use spoiler bars you goddamn children, if anything they serve as a visual cue that the new episode is up or to get out of the thread until Sunday.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
The Amazon version is uncensored

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

tarlibone posted:

I actually wondered if it was the member of the Council of 13 at first, but then I remembered she was dead.

No, in this case, it's a lady whose husbands (or boyfriends or whatever) tend to meet untimely ends. As in, she murders them.

This scans perfectly in the voice of 21. Pretend "murders them" is in allcaps.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Just realized people will be super confused if I DON'T spoiler this:

Kesper North posted:

Meanwhile, in the previous episode:

drrockso20 posted:

They did call it "group therapy", so I could see it being a group simulation(Brisby for example I could see have ended up in there because of the stuff he was doing at Brisbyland, as well as his digging into cloning)

Yeah I wrote a big long black bar post about this! I'm not sure anyone read it though.

eat the bars, kuhhh-wizzzzbuoyyyy...

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kesper North posted:

Just realized people will be super confused if I DON'T spoiler this:

Meanwhile, in the previous episode:

Yeah I wrote a big long black bar post about this! I'm not sure anyone read it though.

eat the bars, kuhhh-wizzzzbuoyyyy...

edit: quote is not edit. gently caress. sorry.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Or we could just start a separate spoiler-friendly thread where anything goes and forbid :cripesduck: holier-than-thou pissing contests between ~offended parties~.

The Venture Brothers Season 7 Spoiler Thread: All Sperging, No Triggering

Sure, it's a bit late *now*, but in 2073 when Season 8 debuts, it's an idea.

I'm not sure if I like that idea. Here's what'll happen: you have a Spoiler Thread and a Non-Spoiler Thread. Easy enough. But, at a certain point, the episode is available to everyone, so some of the people in the Spoiler Thread will migrate to the Non-Spoiler Thread, some won't, you end up with the same discussions in two threads, people start copying and pasting their comments into both threads... yeah, it'll get messy and dumb.

The thing is, for a variety of reasons, this may not be an issue next season. They might not put the episode online until the premiere time, or they might put it on the next day, or it might only be online, or it might only be on AS, or AS might not exist and it's only on Netflix. Or, hell, the spoiler tag rule itself may not even exist. Who knows.

Kesper North posted:

... holy poo poo, you're right!

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I just realized. Since I don't mind using the bars, it's just a problem with reading bar-covered pages taking ten times as long... surely someone on this large and storied forum has made a browser extension somewhere that will auto-display spoilered text. Or if nobody has, I might be able to figure out how to. Then on the last couple remaining weekends I can enjoy easy skimming of episode discussion, and people who want to read every fifth post without context can continue doing so.

tarlibone posted:

The thing is, for a variety of reasons, this may not be an issue next season. They might not put the episode online until the premiere time, or they might put it on the next day, or it might only be online, or it might only be on AS, or AS might not exist and it's only on Netflix. Or, hell, the spoiler tag rule itself may not even exist. Who knows.
If the episode only debuts online, then according to TV IV rules, we'll have to put spoiler bars on every post until the televised reruns a few months later.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 19, 2018

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Ditocoaf posted:

it's just a problem with reading bar-covered pages taking ten times as long...

I never thought I would ask this sincerely but...do you need to turn on your monitor? :psyduck:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ditocoaf posted:

I just realized. Since I don't mind using the bars, it's just a problem with reading bar-covered pages taking ten times as long... surely someone on this large and storied forum has made a browser extension somewhere that will auto-display spoilered text.

Here's a simple bit of CSS to put into Stylus or a similar extension:

code:
.bbc-spoiler li {
    background-color: #222 !important;
    color: #DDD !important;
    border-radius: 0px !important;
    box-shadow: none !important;
}
.bbc-spoiler img {
    visibility: visible !important;
}
With this, the spoilers will always appear as bright grey text on a very dark grey background, and images will never be hidden. It will be easy to tell when a piece of text is part of a spoiler but still fully readable.

When adding it into a new Stylus style, it should look like this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
How does reading a bar filled page take ten times as long? Literally ten times? A minute worth of reading becomes a literal ten minute task for you??

You literally either hover over the tagged part as you're reading, or if you're on mobile, tap your screen as you're reading.

If you can't manage the mental dexterity to tap the next section as you're still reading the end of the prior section so you can keep reading without breaking your flow, then... I don't know what!

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Zaphod42 posted:

And if they have a doctor's note you have to let them escape?
That rule is called "Rusty's Law," so I assume Jonas Venture was the one who insisted it be created. The GCI's Equally Matched Aggression level rule was also created because of the Ventures. Actually, I think it's becoming clear that Jonas Venture was such a monster that the supervillians started to create more and more rules just to protect themselves from him.

"My son is injured. You're going to let us go now, and we'll pick this up again later. GOT IT?"

"Um... yeah, of course, that's totally fair. In fact, I think it's in our bylaws already." *Opens book, scribbles furiously* "Yep, there it is."

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Robot Hobo posted:

That rule is called "Rusty's Law," so I assume Jonas Venture was the one who insisted it be created. The GCI's Equally Matched Aggression level rule was also created because of the Ventures. Actually, I think it's becoming clear that Jonas Venture was such a monster that the supervillians started to create more and more rules just to protect themselves from him.

"My son is injured. You're going to let us go now, and we'll pick this up again later. GOT IT?"

"Um... yeah, of course, that's totally fair. In fact, I think it's in our bylaws already." *Opens book, scribbles furiously* "Yep, there it is."

ACTION!!! Actionactionactionactionaction
actionactionactionactionactionactionactionaction!!!!!!!!!!!

:magical: good god, man! Stop it!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Every flashback featuring psychotic Action Man is great. Automatically one of the highlights on an episode.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

how many episodes are there in this season? this isn't the finale is it?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mr. Lobe posted:

how many episodes are there in this season? this isn't the finale is it?

Ten. We only know the titles up to Ep9, though. My guess is Ep10's title might be too big of a spoiler.

S7 is technically an eight episode season since the first two are what Eps 9 & 10 would've been last season.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Billzasilver posted:

I never thought I would ask this sincerely but...do you need to turn on your monitor? :psyduck:

Hedrigall posted:

How does reading a bar filled page take ten times as long? Literally ten times? A minute worth of reading becomes a literal ten minute task for you??
I mean, one answer is "how are you guys this taken-aback by sloppily-wielded hyperbole, here, on Something Awful", but that starts a cycle that goes nowhere.

Another answer is "usually when I have multiple pages of unread posts, I scroll through very quickly, skimming past most posts until something catches my eye." Can't scroll past each post to judge its worthiness in 0.1 seconds if you have to stop scrolling and hover/click. "0.1 seconds" in this case is an exaggeration to emphasize my point, a silly but common rhetorical device also known as "hyperbole".

fishmech posted:

Here's a simple bit of CSS to put into Stylus or a similar extension:

Sweet! Thanks fishmech, that's perfect.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 19, 2018

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Ditocoaf posted:

Another answer is "usually when I have multiple pages of unread posts, I scroll through very quickly, skimming past most posts until something catches my eye." Can't scroll past each post to judge its worthiness in 0.1 seconds if you have to stop scrolling and hover/click.

So why do we have to accommodate for your ADD reading method

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Who should we accommodate for:
- multiple people who might accidentally get spoiled without realising the new episode is available for some, not all, viewers early
- a guy who by his own admission skims most of the thread anyway but doesn't like spoiler tags because he can't skim it all as fast as he like

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

That answer is actually way more :psyduck: than I expected

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ten. We only know the titles up to Ep9, though. My guess is Ep10's title might be too big of a spoiler.

S7 is technically an eight episode season since the first two are what Eps 9 & 10 would've been last season.
S7 is more of a seven episodes season, what with the Morphic Trilogy being a trilogy and all. My guess would be that they would have done things differently if they only had two episodes?

Calling it now, the finale will be called "Death of the Monarch" or something like that. They are already setting up Manolo to be 21's new partner in comedy!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I honestly never looked up the titles for the episodes for this season.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Does anyone have trouble with the Adult Swim app? Trying to watch last week episode before the expiration date and it just kept giving me the loading screen. Other questions I have is..once the episode reaches the expiration date on the AS website, are there other legal ways to watch the episode..also why does AS not keep the episodes up for the duration of the season?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
For legal options, you could buy the season on iTunes or Amazon Prime. I do the former, but I also have stuff on the side to remove the DRM. When will the movie industry go the way of the music industry and remove those?

I'm also pretty sure that AS removes the cable-block on the episodes after a while. Right now I believe that the first four episodes of the season can be watched without a cable subscription if you happen to live in the US.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

i stay out of the thread until I watch the episode. i dont care about spoiler bars unless its a fake spoiler bar talking about spoiler bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Hedrigall posted:

Who should we accommodate for:
- multiple people who might accidentally get spoiled without realising the new episode is available for some, not all, viewers early
- a guy who by his own admission skims most of the thread anyway but doesn't like spoiler tags because he can't skim it all as fast as he like
Reading spoiler tagged stuff is annoying and flow-breaking. It's okay to say that that's worth it for the sake of those who haven't seen the episode, but don't pretend it's a non-issue.

I would personally prefer no bars and occasionally being spoiled to what we have now. I don't see why you wouldn't watch the episode once it's released in any form - we all have internet access here whether or not adult swim will stream the episode to one's country. I'm happy to abide by the guidelines laid out in the thread but I'm going to continue advocating for changing then. Have spoilers ever diminished someone's enjoyment of venture bros in the first place?