Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

amity affliction? this poo poo sounds like music made by kids who love justin bieber and drake but wanted a way to justify getting lovely tattoos and winning over girls who gave them no attention. this is such garbage i can't even comprehend it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

XIII posted:

New Pig Destroyer album dropped today and, whoo-buddy, am I diggin' it.

yeah it fuckin destroys. i really dig "The Last Song" that is not actually the last song. whole album rips

ShoogaSlim posted:

amity affliction? this poo poo sounds like music made by kids who love justin bieber and drake but wanted a way to justify getting lovely tattoos and winning over girls who gave them no attention. this is such garbage i can't even comprehend it

never change :<3:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

kumba posted:

yeah it fuckin destroys. i really dig "The Last Song" that is not actually the last song. whole album rips

I chuckled at that too.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I just listened to that Amityville Affliction album, it's not bad. I like BMTH poppy stuff more but it was passable background music

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Wow, you guys are really gonna make me side with Shooga here? There are no other reasonable people who couldn’t finish this boring assed Amity release? Cool. So, uh, that new Lorna Shore single though, right?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
it's not great, it's not terrible, it's just kinda meh

i would still rather listen to it than a lot of other core that is offensively bad, like stray from the path, instead of just milquetoast mediocrity

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
I listened to that Amity Affliction twice today based on this thread and I don't remember a single thing about it.

Back to lovely toughguy hardcore for me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-8TouDoXxk

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

That Amity Affliction release is an affront to heavy music.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Aww shi, new Napoleon coming on November 2nd. Their last one, Newborn Mind, went severely overlooked and underrated. It was #7 on my 2016 top ten, and I saw almost no love for it. Don't sleep on this new one, broys. First single is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xohy6P9O3MQ

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Beelzebozo posted:

Aww shi, new Napoleon coming on November 2nd. Their last one, Newborn Mind, went severely overlooked and underrated. It was #7 on my 2016 top ten, and I saw almost no love for it. Don't sleep on this new one, broys. First single is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xohy6P9O3MQ

drat I feel bad having slept on these guys, Newborn Mind is excellent so far

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Architects are back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqRYBWyvbRo

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Came to post this. This track has me optimistic about the new album.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
They're touring with Polaris in Europe too early next year. Wish that tour would come to the US.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Song is good, but RIP Sylosis I guess. gently caress :(

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Hasn't Sylosis been on hiatus since they released that album in 2016?

e: that album loving owns and i wish they'd make more

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

kumba posted:

Hasn't Sylosis been on hiatus since they released that album in 2016?

e: that album loving owns and i wish they'd make more

Yeah they went on hiatus after Dormant Heart when Josh first started filling in with Architects. When he joined full time they said Sylosis would continue and there’d be a new album this year, but there hasn’t been a single word since then so... yeah.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

IVe got tickets for Wembley and i am hype

Nulldevice
Jun 17, 2006
Toilet Rascal
think i got the wrong thread.

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006
I haven't seen them mentioned lately; have y'all been listening to Eternal Nightmare by Chelsea Grin? Self Inflicted didn't really do it for me, but this one is up there for my AOTY.

https://youtu.be/oAYw2vg9cGI

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

60 Hertz Jig posted:

I haven't seen them mentioned lately; have y'all been listening to Eternal Nightmare by Chelsea Grin? Self Inflicted didn't really do it for me, but this one is up there for my AOTY.

https://youtu.be/oAYw2vg9cGI

You mean this one? :q:

I thought it was pretty fun, if forgettable. Definitely not making my top ten this year or anything.

I do like that one line, ”I’m taking grapes, grapes, for me and my fries!” 🍇🍇🍟

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anyone ITT going to the Tucson August Burns Red / Devil Wears Prada / Polaris show next Saturday?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I was gonna go to the Orlando show of that but I guess it sold out somehow and resell tickets are going for $92 so lol gently caress that

Almost worth it for Polaris and ABR but gently caress Parkway Drive and apparently the singer from TDWP sounds terrible nowadays

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

kumba posted:

I was gonna go to the Orlando show of that but I guess it sold out somehow and resell tickets are going for $92 so lol gently caress that

Almost worth it for Polaris and ABR but gently caress Parkway Drive and apparently the singer from TDWP sounds terrible nowadays

:lol: I wasn't planning to stay for Parkway Drive anyway since I'll have to drive back to Phoenix. Totally going for ABR and Polaris. TDWP is a bonus, but still sucks about their lead singer.

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006

Beelzebozo posted:

You mean this one? :q:

I thought it was pretty fun, if forgettable. Definitely not making my top ten this year or anything.

I do like that one line, ”I’m taking grapes, grapes, for me and my fries!” 🍇🍇🍟

Yup that's the one! I've accepted long ago that metal lyrics..aren't always the best examples of language. Still a fun time.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Chelsea Grin is a band I've struggled with liking over the years bc deathcore never had a good reputation but eventually I decided idgaf bc CG are super fun and arguably one of the best bands creating that style of music.

it's a bummer the main singer dude is gone and I think Eternal Nightmare pales in comparison to Self Inflicted and Ashes to Ashes (their absolute best album), but it's still fun except for the songs that obviously want to be some weird nu-nu-metal/Emmure poo poo

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
uh..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_sB2pUZlcI

holy poo poo, ATR returning to form? can it be?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

They’re gonna make metalcore great again! :haw: Extremely gently caress those dudes. I don’t care how tough their new single sounds.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Phil's a huge piece of poo poo, no arguments there, but eh whatever I'll still enjoy the music I just won't buy it

e: it's a shame too cause I think he's one of the best vocalists the genre has ever had with a ridiculous range. why you gotta be a maga idiot phil, why

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

kumba posted:

Phil's a huge piece of poo poo, no arguments there, but eh whatever I'll still enjoy the music I just won't buy it

e: it's a shame too cause I think he's one of the best vocalists the genre has ever had with a ridiculous range. why you gotta be a maga idiot phil, why

Yeah this. He is so loving good at what he does, it’s a shame that he went full chud (and in the process ruined ATR). I’ll have to listen to this new joint and see what it’s like.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

no Jeanne Sagan no hype :colbert:

e:
gently caress love
It only goes away
There's no god drat good in this goodbye you made me say
Don't love ever again
gently caress love
Your promise was in vain
There's no god drat good in this goodbye you made me say
Don't love ever again

:rolleyes:

that single is just generic as hell.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 18, 2018

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
What albums by All That Remains are worth checking out?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Eight Is Legend posted:

This Darkened Heart and the Fall of Ideals. The latter being what a lot of people consider an album for the Mt Rushmore of metalcore. They had a couple decent records after it before quickly devolving into a Five Finger Death Punch cover band.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Eight Is Legend posted:

Darkened Heart, Fall of Ideals are great. Overcome and For We Are Many are ok. Rest is kinda garbage.

Most people (including me) think Fall of Ideals is A++++++

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I'd be a lying piece of poo poo if I said I never hosed with all that remains. I don't think they were ever close to being as good as unearth, Killswitch, and as I lay dying, but they def did pave the way for that sound. the most credit Phil gets from me is singing on the very first Shadows Fall release and Brian Fair went on to bring that band to great success.

Of One Blood is such an amazing record forget anything ATR ever put out and just listen to that instead

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm pretty positive that ATR was my first exposure to metalcore through the song they had in guitar hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IoeH2atHg0

up till then I was listening to proggy stuff like Dream Theater and more standard metal stuff like Children of Bodom (who still kick rear end) and whatnot.

Oh yeah and one of my frat brothers was a huge August Burns Red fan for like, their first album or two and few EPs.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

has august burns red written another song yet or are they still playing the same one 12 times across multiple albums?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Unearth's The Oncoming Storm, ATR's Fall of Ideals, and Darkest Hour's Undoing Ruin are the best 3 core albums of that era

I don't have any idea how to rank the 3 of them because they're all that good

ShoogaSlim posted:

has august burns red written another song yet or are they still playing the same one 12 times across multiple albums?

Their last 2 were decent departures from their earlier stuff but they still sound like ABR so YMMV I guess

I didn't much like Phantom Anthem at first listen because it sounded too much like the one before it, but I came around on it eventually. Messengers probably still the best one tho

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

I like ABR but this is absolutely right lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

I like ABR but this is absolutely right lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ABR is the AC/DC of metalcore