Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

firebad57 posted:

gently caress this poo poo gently caress it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Darthemed posted:

Yup, real subtle.

Uh if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
I'm really sorry guys. I didn't mean to make this Nazi chat 101 :(

The new Emma Ruth Rundle album is really good. I think I like her and Darkher more than Chelsea Wolfe, honestly.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

SS isn’t always a giveaway thank goodness,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fn3tZMEXJE

Warning: not doom

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Snowy posted:

Also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVS0ZAux2Ho

also not doom

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Is that a magic eye of a swastika or something I can never get those to work "on-line"

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

flirty dental hygienist posted:

Anyone know anything about Black Magick SS? I just found them digging through youtube. They sound like the DOORS went on a bad trip into doomsville mixed with black metal, it's pretty awesome. However, they have a lot of Nazi imagery... I don't really feel like supporting a band that's into that stuff.

they sound cool and are probably using the nazi imagery at least partially as a gimmick to sell records(which has worked very well for them), but they've also had stuff put out on darker than black.

Varg posted:

I thought Death SS was into the nazi thing when I heard of them but turns out they were just terribly unoriginal when naming a band

the ss there actually comes from Steve Sylvester's initials, one time they toured in germany and changed their name for the duration of the tour so that they wouldn't give anyone the wrong idea. also they're seriously good, especially the old material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22IpXl5Em9k

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Snowy posted:

This is good poo poo. Love when the crust punk thread bleeds into this one.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
i live in tasmania where black magick ss are from and never heard of em

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

butros posted:

This is good poo poo. Love when the crust punk thread bleeds into this one.

There’s a crust thread? :aaa:

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Snowy posted:

There’s a crust thread? :aaa:

I wish :smith:

Dynasore did a great d best post a while back I still reference tho

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
I heard a Black Magick ss track on Fenriz' radio show a few month ago and it was really good. I hope they are just assholes and not actual Nazis but being on darker than black seems like a really bad sign. Lyrics I could understand seemed to be mostly about summoning demons and not white pride or anything though.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I don't waste much time on giving motherfuckers the benefit of the doubt these days.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ingmar terdman posted:

Is that a magic eye of a swastika or something I can never get those to work "on-line"

Looks like, yeah.

Novum posted:

I don't waste much time on giving motherfuckers the benefit of the doubt these days.

Pretty much. There's no shortage of great bands out there who aren't nazis, especially inside the borders the riff filled land.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Novum posted:

:yeah:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
The fellas from Lost in Vegas reacted to their first sludge band song. It's Crowbar's Planets Collide, and their reaction is great.

Check their channel out for unbiased reactions to all kinds of genres of music. You'd be surprised how positively they react to metal and, now, sludge. Good stuff.

And, no, I don't have any affiliation with these guys. I just really enjoy their channel.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

What about Ramesses and their Nazi imagery though?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Snapes N Snapes posted:

What about Ramesses and their Nazi imagery though?

Saw this reddit post about it

quote:

Actually, I just found a quote regarding their outlook on this from Adam Richardson, the bassist.

"Weirdly, we may have to put an anti-fascist label on the album to reassure them, which we’re totally happy to do. It’s not something we’re going to kick and scream about. Anything else that we may or may not believe isn’t anyone else’s business but with this it’s different. We don’t want to offend people in that way. Especially not in Germany. They do have mental laws surrounding the use of the swastika there... quite understandably. But just in case it needs to be pointed out: we’re not right wingers or fascists in any way. We do not have any associations with anything of that nature, no bands, no political figures, no individuals... In fact in this country in extreme metal there is more of a left wing, anti-fascist tradition than anything else. Just look at bands like Napalm Death and the whole grindcore scene. You would go to the gigs and get a load of stick from skinhead Nazi pricks and stick the boot in on them yourself if you got the chance. And I would do again. Fascism is totally loving unacceptable. The irony is however, that this piece has already been exhibited in Germany."

So it's just shock value I guess.

Kind of lame but ok

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Haha, if only they had Bong on the bill

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Zoben posted:

Uh loving going

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Speaking of Nazi-sounding but not actually Nazi crust, and since we don’t have a crust thred, this is a screaming good deal for a lot of good Swedish music:
e: now?

https://www.amazon.com/Box-Set-Explicit-Wolfpack/dp/B01EBJI58Y

butros fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 21, 2018

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

The fellas from Lost in Vegas reacted to their first sludge band song. It's Crowbar's Planets Collide, and their reaction is great.

Check their channel out for unbiased reactions to all kinds of genres of music. You'd be surprised how positively they react to metal and, now, sludge. Good stuff.

And, no, I don't have any affiliation with these guys. I just really enjoy their channel.

Man, these guys are incredible. I was supposed to go to bed early last night, and ended up staying awake until 1:30 watching their vids. Just everything about them is wonderful!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Zoben posted:

Lol what does stoner doom swimwear look like

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

butros posted:

Speaking of Nazi-sounding but not actually Nazi crust, and since we don’t have a crust thred, this is a screaming good deal for a lot of good Swedish music:

https://music.amazon.com/albums/B01EBJI58Y?ref=dm_sh_vsduW8T8lgKQdpFmIGR9yXSJB

This sounds like it’s extremely up my alley but the link only opens up the App Store even though I have Amazon music

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Snowy posted:

This sounds like it’s extremely up my alley but the link only opens up the App Store even though I have Amazon music

Hmm now?

https://www.amazon.com/Box-Set-Explicit-Wolfpack/dp/B01EBJI58Y

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thanks :) yeah I haven’t kept up with those guys but the first few records are cool. Also if anyone is into Sweden crusty hardcore / Totalitar worship from NYC check out Extended Hell, friend is in it.

Sorry doomers thanks for putting up w this stuff in here

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

The Gasmask posted:

Man, these guys are incredible. I was supposed to go to bed early last night, and ended up staying awake until 1:30 watching their vids. Just everything about them is wonderful!

Glad someone enjoyed it.

They just put out a reaction to Melvins - Honey Bucket.

They said they're looking to do more sludge band reactions as well, so that's cool.

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity
About Lost in Vegas, ’m really interested in seeing them start to move further into the more experimental genres. I’d love to see them tackle Within the Ruins, Bongripper (only sex tape, it’s gotta be the shortest/most accessible imo), Cult of Luna, Isis, and maybe even Ghengis Tron (rip).

It’s super cool seeing them fall in love with groove metal; it reminds me of falling in love with Lamb of God and Gojira for the first time, and how that very quickly led me to experience Grasping Air by Yob for the first time, which changed my musical life.
It’s kinda fun going through my music and thinking about what George Ryan would find cool!

It does bum me a little when fans are suggesting their favorite songs, and not the most accessible ones. Their Dream Theater vids are the perfect example.
First, they did Metropolis pt 1, a super wanky prog metal concept song from the 90’s which was dream theater at their least accessible. Didn’t like it.

Then, they revisited with As I Am, one of the 2000’s DT songs that’s HEAVILY influenced by Zakk Wylde and touches on groove/modern metal with some of the riffs. As that one is actually approachable and pretty cool, they called out the fans who’d suggested metropolis.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
New Forn album out today.
https://forn.bandcamp.com/album/rites-of-despair

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

lighthugger posted:

About Lost in Vegas, ’m really interested in seeing them start to move further into the more experimental genres. I’d love to see them tackle Within the Ruins, Bongripper (only sex tape, it’s gotta be the shortest/most accessible imo), Cult of Luna, Isis, and maybe even Ghengis Tron (rip).

It’s super cool seeing them fall in love with groove metal; it reminds me of falling in love with Lamb of God and Gojira for the first time, and how that very quickly led me to experience Grasping Air by Yob for the first time, which changed my musical life.
It’s kinda fun going through my music and thinking about what George Ryan would find cool!

It does bum me a little when fans are suggesting their favorite songs, and not the most accessible ones. Their Dream Theater vids are the perfect example.
First, they did Metropolis pt 1, a super wanky prog metal concept song from the 90’s which was dream theater at their least accessible. Didn’t like it.

Then, they revisited with As I Am, one of the 2000’s DT songs that’s HEAVILY influenced by Zakk Wylde and touches on groove/modern metal with some of the riffs. As that one is actually approachable and pretty cool, they called out the fans who’d suggested metropolis.

Well it is YouTube, and a lot of people on there are dumb, so they don't get the entire concept of these guys really expanding their horizons. Some people have offered great suggestions, and George's and Ryan's reactions have been amazing.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I've watched a bunch of their videos now too, and it's pretty clear they love groovy slow riffs, totally agree would love to see them do some Bongripper or Sleep

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
It'd be great if they eventually ended up covering all of Rust in Peace, if only for their reaction to "Dawn Patrol".

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Their channel is great. Its annoying because on my feed there are sooo many people doing it now.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

nerve posted:

I've watched a bunch of their videos now too, and it's pretty clear they love groovy slow riffs, totally agree would love to see them do some Bongripper or Sleep

What’s a good one where they get super pumped about a song? They were pretty meh about Honeybucket.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Snowy posted:

What’s a good one where they get super pumped about a song? They were pretty meh about Honeybucket.

Outshined, Working Man, Know Your Enemy, War Pigs

and they really liked Hangar 18 and Holy Wars too

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

nerve posted:

Outshined, Working Man, Know Your Enemy, War Pigs

and they really liked Hangar 18 and Holy Wars too

They really liked Master of Puppets and One by Metallica as well. Their reaction to JINJER - Pisces is really great, especially at the 3:45 mark.

Ryan: :lol: "What the gently caress!" :lol:

George: :stare:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Apparently MJ Guider is opening for Thou on their tour. Weird choice but could be cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXn65BrNGU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

hello have you listened to any music about marijuana yet today? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dBGwrnH1c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

Varg posted:

hello have you listened to any music about marijuana yet today? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dBGwrnH1c

spliffriffer really upping the ante in the weed-band-name arms race. Hard to see where we can go from here, but I guess I also thought that when I first heard about Bongripper, Bongzilla, Dopelord, Weedeater, Cannabis Corpse, etc., etc..